Anyone else now trying again STRAIGHT after a mc? NTNP?

Hi Michelle. I feel the same way. I was 42 when I had my last loss, and turned 43 last month. I am currently working on the basis if I was able to conceive in August, that I am still able to conceive now, but I do feel the pressure of time.

I'll get busy tonight then! Stupid question number 813- if I am getting a line on my sticks does that mean that I am about to ovulate or that I have ovulated? I couldnt have missed it again could I?

I'm not sure if this is stupid answer 813 as the other girls are much more clued up than me and introduced me to all this but as I understand it the test line must be as dark or darker than the control line. It's a line that's definitely there and compares well to the control line. Faint lines or squinting and tiliting in daylight are no-no's with opk's, it must be a strong line. Once you see this strong line the egg will be released in 24-36 hours. However, it depends how long the surge has been going on for before you catch it. Eg imagine if you went to sleep after getting a faint line. Then on testing the next day at 11am the line is now strong/postive. At what point did the surge begin? Well you'd never find out so the general guideline is 24-36 hours. You may for eg only have 12 hours left after finding out about your surge. Either way it's plenty of time to get busy! Hope that's helpful x x

Hi all,

I am new to this site but thought I would post here. I had a mc starting on 2 November, 3 Nov had scan and saw baby's heartbeat but 4 Nov everything gone. I only bled for a few days and DH and I have been BD every day since then. I felt pain in my right ovaries on 14 and 15 Nov and a scan a hospital on 18 Nov showed enlarged ovaries on the right side so I am presuming I did ov. I had spotting on 21 and 22 Nov literally 1 drop each day and nothing since however for the last 3 days I have been feeling really nauseaus and am wondering if I have conceived and caught that darn egg :winkwink:

I dont know when to test or if day 1 of mc bleeding counts as day 1 of my cycle, does anyone have any ideas?

Hi Michelle, so sorry for your loss. So after the bleeding stopped for me, I got a negative pregnancy test about a week later then 5 days after that I ovulated. 14th / 15th could be ov then?? And 21/22 could be implantation spotting. Hope you caught the egg!! Do you not want to test yet? Welcome by the way :hugs:

Michelle, there are loads of successfully pregnant ladies on here who are 42. If there were no complications like ectopic, infection etc then there's absolutely no reason to not ttc right away - we all did! If you count the mc as cycle day 1 then I'm on my 2nd cycle now and in the middle of trying to catch my egg. How long have you been ttc for?

Hello ladies AF seems to have backed off this afternoon but have been sneaky and started taking tranexanamic acid again. It stops me being to heavy but does not interfere with my chances of ttc. I hate taking stuff but af hit me hard this cycle thought I was going to pass out yesterday.

thanks pink for the info on cough medicine and also the tips on intercourse timing. Will bare all that in mind this cycle.

filip sounds like you are well and truely going to be covered for bding this cycle. Good luck. At 9dpo the only positive sign you may see on an ultrasound is any areas of increased blood flow where implantation is occurring. With my twin pregnancy my first ultrasound found one tiny sac but near it is a separate white area where the other must have been implanting then the second scan a week later showed the two sacs.

Mrs miggings I have lines right from when af is due up until ov then they go back to stark white. With some of the opks I just get a fade in and out pattern. I found that the one step from home health uk give me a positive each cycle. they are 20miu.

Yeah mrs migg debzie's right the 20 miu and the 40 miu from Home Health always give me a + and mine fade in get strong then fade out again too as period approaches, unless pregnant when they will start to get darker again!

Thanks Debzie, yeah I just don't want them to know if I am pregnant or else they will :ignore: me and order me out of the clinic!! Otherwise I am just going to say we haven't been trying as I just want to meet with a consultant and get their opinion. I'm already being treated so don't see the point of more tests when i've had them all already.

MichelleLC, sorry that you have to join us and sorry for your loss. We have a lovely group of supportive and knowledgeable ladies. I am only a few years younger than you and I feel that pressure too. I really hope you catch that egg :hugs:

Hope everyone has had a good Sunday so far.

Hi, thanks for the advice ladies. I did another test at 4 and the line was darker than the 12.30 one. It would be easier to tell if it was positive if it was thicker, but it is definitely there. So I think it is game on. I am having quite strong twinges as well. I really hope I ov from my right hand side when I get my bfp as well. I could do with bding tonight and in the morning to be on the safe side but as oh gets up at 5.30 it will only give him a few hours to replenish supplies.
Debzie, sorry to hear AF has been a bitch. Hope you feel better soon.

Filipenko, thank you, I am desperate to test but not sure it its too early or not. I am still getting the sick feelings and have been all day, I guess I am just scared to test just now. Is it too early? would I even get a reading if I POAS? I have a clear blue digital test sitting here.

Filipenko, thank you, I am desperate to test but not sure it its too early or not. I am still getting the sick feelings and have been all day, I guess I am just scared to test just now. Is it too early? would I even get a reading if I POAS? I have a clear blue digital test sitting here.

Michelle, you might be asking the wrong person here (or maybe the right one!) :winkwink:

Do you have any ic hpt's? I wouldn't want to waste your CB digital just in case it is too early.

:haha: I don't know whatever you could mean Pink. And besides i'm sure i'm now group :test: leader! Michelle I have a bit of a reputation for testing all the time with any tests I can get my hands on but it's not my fault, the girls on here made me this way.

Well I would say that you need to take a test if not for your own peace of mind and so you know where you're up to. It could still be early so I would recommend First Response Early Result tests. You can get them from Superdrug or Boots and they come in a pink box. These are good because a line is a line. If you can see a line even if you have to squint and tilt it in the daylight then it's a positive. But pink's right about not wasting money on these. We all use internet cheapies called hpt strips and you can buy them online for much cheaper than preg tests. I have experienced a few evap lines with them but I now know how dark the line should be for it to be positive, for example I know it should be pink and not just look like a greasemark even if it is very faint. I hope that's helpful! I think I got 45 strips for 5 quid or something - they're very cheap, sensitive and reliable! (a bit like how my DH would describe me on a good day!)

why the right hand side mrs migg?

Well it's a bit silly but when I was 11 weeks preg with dd I had some twinges in my right hand side ovary and I was concerned about them. They scanned me, and obviously everything was fine but the sonographer told me that was the side I had ovulated from. So it's my lucky ovary! Because I have a wonky cycle I wonder if the ones I release from my left side aren't so good and those are the ones I lose. I could, of course, be spouting utter bumtwaddle. :wacko:

oh i see! no that makes sense to me as i just want every sign and symptom to be different to all my other pregnancies. Also I got twinges in both my ovaries at the moment - here's hoping! :yipee:

Mrsmig I don't think thats silly. I remember thinking, before I got pg, that I always had pains on my right side (more than my left anyway) and wondered if I only ov'd from that side. That is the side with my cyst and where I ov'd from for my pg. So for me I kind of hope it is that side as I know eggies do actually come from there.

fili - one from each side -woo hoo - maybe double the chance with double the outcome!

Me too!!! Oh and I see Lily Allen now has her forever baby, I'm really happy for her. What she went through was horrendous poor girl.

So, right ovary babies for us and double bubble for Fil? That'll do nicely!!

Wow lots to catch up on. Hopefully I don't miss anyone out.

Filli - I recorded Pan Am and watched one episode with DH. He then said that it's a programme to watch when he's out, so he doesn't get it either lol! The Yugoslavian man was Dr Luca from ER - he's yum! Ooo excited you've got your first peak. You should ov tomorrow then :)

Pink - yeah I think it is a trapped nerve. I'm going to call the docs in the morning and get an appointment. Hope you get your peak soon! That's interesting about the cold shower - I might have to time things so that I jump DH after lifeboat training cos he's always freezing after that.

Michelle - Welcome. So sorry for your loss. These ladies are a great support though. Hope we can help you through this too.

Mrs Miggins - I'm hoping to ov from the left side, because my right ovary was basically sitting in a cup of endometriosis for god knows how long before I got it operated on and I can't help but think that it must be damaged by it.

AFM - Still getting highs. DH and I had a bit of a row this morning and then had make up :sex: so SMEP isn't going to plan lol! He's been coughing all evening and is now away to sleep on the sofa so that he doesn't disturb me. He's such a sweetheart :)

We had a nice day after the row - bought a few christmas presents and then had lunch with friends and then saw Breaking Dawn. I know Taylor Lautner is only a teenager but yum!

I think I must be close to oving - I fancy everyone just now lol! I tried grapefruit juice this morning to help my CM (at least I think that's what it's for, correct me if I'm wrong) it's disgusting but needs must. I'm going to get some robutissen tomorrow as well and start on that cos my CM is pitifull still, despite the EPO.

Evening Ickle! Sounds like you have had a nice day! My cm is a bit rubbish as well but as I am so close to ov I think it's a bit of a waste of time this month. Think the antibiotics might have dried it up a bit, should have got some epo down me earlier. So it's a right ovary for me and Pink, a left ovary for you and both for Fil.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->