Anyone else now trying again STRAIGHT after a mc? NTNP?

Some of my favourite romantic films are Frankie and Johnnie, A Life Less Ordinary, Moulin Rouge (I did have a bit of a thing for Ewan McGregor back in the day) or good old Notting Hill. Sounds like you have planned it all to the finest detail Emum, hope it all ends in the best possible result for you!

Sound absolutley wonderful emum, you'll have a lovely day just settling in!!

The other ladies suggestions are good, not too girly but romantic enough I think. I get all swooney with Pride and Predjudice and Jane Eyre but I can't see yours (or mine) oh liking those.

Just done opk, line definately getting darker so maybe tomorrow. I wonder if they can tell on Wednesday which ovary I ov'd from?

Oooooh Pink, I LOVE Pride and Prejudice! Not seen the film but have the BBC version with the swoonsome Colin Firth on an old double VHS video!
I bet they will be able to tell Pink, like I said I was told at 11 weeks pregnant that I had ov'd from my right hand side.

Omg - I've just seen a great deal on ebay for CB digi tests. 2 for £4.95, 4 for £9 or 10 for £20. They're loose because the box was water damaged, so I've posted a question asking if they come with the instruction leaflet or not. Very tempted to buy 10 though.

Hello lovely ladies, hope you are all ok and had a lovely weekend. I have been a bit weepy again and need to get to my AF so I can start again. Love to you all, lets get these Christmas babies ;0) xxx

Omg - I've just seen a great deal on ebay for CB digi tests. 2 for £4.95, 4 for £9 or 10 for £20. They're loose because the box was water damaged, so I've posted a question asking if they come with the instruction leaflet or not. Very tempted to buy 10 though.

Those look a great price. Even if only half of them work properly, you'd still have saved a fortune. I have put them on my watch list but not bought because I have 4 digis and 10 Early Pregnancy Tests in my cupboard already, and I AM going to get my BFP this month, so won't be able to use them :wacko:

Hello lovely ladies, hope you are all ok and had a lovely weekend. I have been a bit weepy again and need to get to my AF so I can start again. Love to you all, lets get these Christmas babies ;0) xxx

Hugs Faye. Its still really early days for you. Take as much time as you need to grieve, and we are all here when you need a listening ear.

Good to see you Faye. Like Emum said, the grief and the tears do take a while to work their way out. We are here for you.

Oh, glad you are on Mrs Miggins. You are the beauty expert aren't you?

Following on from your post last week about your training, I was TMI considering surprising OH with having this done too. But I have never done anything other than a tidy up with a trimmer, so would have no idea what to ask for, or what the salon etiquette is for this kind of thing, or how long afterwards it hurts for! Any advice or tips for a complete newbie to this aspect of female grooming?

Faye - Sorry to hear you've had a rough weekend. It's totally normal this early into the greiving process and it will get easier.

I had a wee cry this weekend too for the first time in a while, but I think I needed it. As much as I love Christmas and all the build up, it's a reminder that I should be nearly 8 months gone by now.

Emum - I know they seem almost too good to be true, so I'm waiting to see if they'll send the instruction leaflet with them before I decide whether to buy them or not. Love the PMA :)

Oh, glad you are on Mrs Miggins. You are the beauty expert aren't you?

Following on from your post last week about your training, I was TMI considering surprising OH with having this done too. But I have never done anything other than a tidy up with a trimmer, so would have no idea what to ask for, or what the salon etiquette is for this kind of thing, or how long afterwards it hurts for! Any advice or tips for a complete newbie to this aspect of female grooming?

No problem Emum! My word you are pulling out all the stops! :happydance:
If you have never had any kind of waxing done before, rather than going straight in with a Brazilian I would maybe book an ordinary bikini wax. The therapist will be able to take quite a bit off so you are nice and tidy. It doesn't hurt much afterwards, guidelines are to avoid using any scented products on that area for 24 hours, no swimming and warm bath or shower, not too hot. What I would do, when booking it is ask for an "extended bikini line" and then they know to do a bit more than a usual wax rather than plumping a more extreme Brazilian or Hollywood....unless you are feeling really brave! Pain wise, it depends on how strong your hair is (and also the colour) but it is a sting and then all over with. Hope this helps!!

emum - your OH is so lucky and will be in for a treat!! Sometimes they might take a little bit more off the top and I found that the most painful.

Faye - sorry to hear you had such a weepy weekend. Although I m not crying as often as I was I still have my moments and only realised a few days ago (due to missing internet) that I am very easliy upset by the littlest of things, slow drivers, no chocolate, etc little things that wouldn't ordinarily bother me. :hugs:

I get Hollywood waxes and I wouldn't recommend getting one too close to your evening. I was told to wait 24 hours before :sex: One time I didn't wait and thought I was ok after about 6 hours but I was so wrong, I ended up having to sit with a cold flannel on it. That's much more intimate than an ordinary bikini wax though.

We are not painting a happy picture of waxes. I'd agree with ickle, if possible get it done a couple of days before.

OMG I was away from this thread for most of the day (for once) and look what I have missed! Romantic and passionate SPA days away with Colin Firth and Ewan Mcgregor (or did I get that all mixed up?) brazilian waxes, champagne and Jane Eyre running over the moors with Rochester....................................................swoon...... but more importantly: Did I read correctly that the holy grail of testing treasure - CB Digi testing sticks - are available? 10 for £20!!!!!!!!!!!!! :saywhat: Ickle I will do the decent thing and wait *patiently* until you've bought some, let me know then I will go hunting for the scraps!

Emum :bfp: or not (hopefully not not) that sounds wonderful!! :hugs:
My favourite romantic film is Say Anything with John Cusack in....swoon again. So cheesy and soooooooo good but maybe not suitable for DH Emum?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFV7FnbhBRY Would your DH watch a romance?

Sounds like you're well on your way to getting a positive OPK Pink :dust:
Faye, we're all here for you and we all feel like that more often than not with all these frustrations :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Mrs migg - i think you have def ov'd :dust:

You can tell we're all on the way to ov-ing with all our talk of romance, handsome men and bd-ing :rofl:

Mrsmm - hope the donations have all gone to plan! :dust:

Louby - how you doing?

Michelle - :test::test::test::test::test::test::test::test::test::test::test:

Hey Fil! Emum, I had to cut my reply short as my friend came round while I was answering you, I was going to go on to say what Ickle said, give it a couple of days to settle down. And pink, I find the top bit agony as well. I like a Hollywood too and can cope with all the inside bits being waxed no problem but the top bit stings! Take a paracetamol before you go Emum.
I think I have ov'd too... So I suppose I don't have to bother bding tonight. OH will be relieved!!!

Ah, and one more thing, in case you are confused about what is what.

Bikini wax- a bit off round the sides and top (some people have more than others)

Brazilian wax - mostly all off leaving a landing strip.

Hollywood- all gone.

Check with the salon that they have the same descriptions though. Good luck.

Definitely not as good a deal as emum found but amazon have got them more than half price

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Clearblue-...I1F6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1322505671&sr=8-1

Thanks Mrs Miggins and Pinksmarties too. What is the protocol for this kind of thing? Do you wear underwear and pull it back for them to get access, or is it all off in a gynae exam kind of way! Don't want to give the therapist a shock by getting it wrong!

I am not a complete waxing virgin as I do get my legs and eyebrows done, just never this area. But I think you are right that I should start timid and work up, if I can ever bear getting it done again. I think I can get someone to have the kids for an hour for me tomorrow evening, so that should give things plenty of time to calm down before the weekend, and OH a chance to get used to it. Just need to check if my normal salon can give me an appointment. I went to a different place today to have my legs done as my normal place is closed on Mondays and was seriously unimpressed. The wax didn't feel very hot, and she seemed to miss loads of hairs which she then claimed were ingrowing, even though my normal waxer always leaves me completely smooth afterwards. I also looked like I had a bad case of chicken pox afterwards! I know there is usually some irritation, but this was extreme probably because the wax wasnt hot enough. No way would I let that waxer near my bikini line is for sure!

Right I have lowered my last temp by taking an average of 10 readings just now. I got in the 36.45 range so it's not gone up yet. Perhaps tomorrow. Does it go up after your second peak do you think? I know I'm not doing it reliably but it's good enough for me :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->