Anyone else now trying again STRAIGHT after a mc? NTNP?

Afternoon :)
Well, my bbt thermometer came the other day so I've got a few temps on my chart. I hadn't realised quite loud they beep, and especially when the house is silent! I hadn't wanted to tell hubby what I was doing invade it was too much pressure for him, but figured he'd wonder what the beeping was sooner or later. So, I told him and he said he doesn't want me to do it:nope: He reckons I'm getting to technical about it and since we got pregnant first time last time, there's no reason why everything "isn't still working right". I was a bit upset about it, but I promised I wouldn't temp, but I'm still peeing on all my sticks :haha: I've actually realised he's right, I'm just on my first cycle since mc and I feel like I was becoming a tad obsessed already.
I'm going to try and relax, forget I've got that thermometer and just enjoy peeing on sticks:happydance:
How was everyones weekend? I'm looking forward to watching Elf at 5.45:happydance:

Hi girls,

Here are my 25miu tests at 13dpo, I thought you might like to look at them. I am sorry they are such awful quality, I used my hubby's phone. He has a good phone but still they've not come out too well. But here they are anyway!

Attachments

• IMG_0005[1].jpg
    IMG_0005[1].jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0009[1].jpg
    IMG_0009[1].jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 11
Afternoon all. Jewel, welcome and sorry for your loss.
Loz, hope the cold clears up soon.
Antelope, sorry to hear your OH isn't liking the thought of you temping. My oh thinks I am being silly as well as it never usually takes us long to conceive, but I explained to him that feeling like I am doing something positive to ttc it is helping me through the grief of the loss, and he gets that.
Pink, so sorry you are having a crappy day. I think it's such a bloody stressful time from ovulation, constantly looking out for the signs, desperately trying to dtd at the right time, hoping your OH doesn't spit the dummy, then the sodding 2ww and then feeling so dejected when AF turns up and it's all been for nothing. It's a wonder we are as sane as we are.
Same goes for you Louby, it's still looking good for you but I know how hard it is to keep positive.
Ickle, that cake is amazing. I am in total awe of people who can do stuff like that. I struggle making jam tarts. Have you tested today? I'm keeping crossed for your bfp.
Fil, hope you are ok today. Sure the cramping situation is fine but its so hard not to worry about these things.
Emum, hope you are ok, not seen much of you these last couple of days.
Debzie, hope you are feeling better.
Faye, Mrs MM, Tara,hope all is well with you.
Hi to anyone I forgot.
AFM - feeling a bit like Pink and Louby. I'm not testing today, feel certain AF is imminent. If she doesn't arrive tomorrow or Tuesday I will be very suprised. My temps look good but as I have been twinkling of late it's skewed. And I was late this morning so I'm not getting my hopes up. Been working today so it's been a bit of a distraction.

Thanks mrs miggins. It was easy when we had a teacher. Looking forward to an excuse to make the next one :)

I did test, another BFN. Been having more AF type cramps this evening so my PMA is starting to faulter :(

Hi Lolo! I have a suggestion, could you tell him that you have to temp because you intend to practice natural family planning after you get pregnant and have a baby, and that its best if you get the practice in now so its easier to get into a routine after you have baby? It might work. You can just use OPK's, afterall they are the predictors of O, the temping just confirms. For some of us, TTC after a loss begins as a massive learning experience, all of a sudden there are all these signs and practices to grow an awareness of our fertility, and its truly interesting as well as elightening. If you want to temp do it, but explain to your man that its not a way to predict O, its a way to get a complete picture of the stages of your cycle. My BBt thermometer beeps so quietly that when I twinkle temp under the covers I cant even hear it if I put my head under the covers too. Mines from boots but I'm told they dont do it anymore. I got it on ebay, its the boots fertility diary and thermometer and there was more than one there, you should check it out. Its a really tiny beep. It also comes ina smart black case that you can discreetly place next to your side of the bed. Put it this way- my OH only knew I was temping after a few days when I pointed it out to ask if the bleep was bothering him. He doesn;t even notice it when I do my oral temp just before the twinkle, when the beep is out in the open. I just checked your last few posts to see how your last AF was, just because I couldn;t remember and I'm super nosey...and see we have something rather precise in common! I'm also called Laura and I'm 28 too :hugs: snap!

As for me...Guess what!!?? I felt my cervix!! WOOT! I couldn;t find the damn thing but was reading a site and looking at pics of a cervix and decided to go have another feel...and felt it!!!! I can;t tell yet what position its classed as being in, but its good I have now found it. I did a small experiment: TMI alert. After I felt it, I gave myself an er, *moment* then felt it again afterwards, and it felt slightly higher up. I think it was the start of a intense routine of rummaging in my twinkle til I learn my cervix's range of positions. :haha:

oh that's interesting about the progesterone loz, I never thought about the progesterone but that seems to make sense. Thanks for researching :comp: :flow:

Aunty - that's such a typical typical reaction. If it's any consolation it's taken me probably 6 months for my DH to understand my ttc weapons!!Best stick to poas for now. Or... don't think temping goddess ickle will agree with this but... my hubby didn't like the beeping either so I just did it on the loo as soon as i got up, not as reliable but i thought better than nothing!!

mrs migg if pregnancy didn't take you long before it will not do again x x x

loz, so funny you've discovered your cervix! :rofl:

Ickle of you mean the progesterone thingy, it was the only reply on the forum that shed any light on it, and it didn;t provide the link to the original info >.< The forum thread is long gone as I multi tab and hot link and mega google then cull them en masse when I'm done reading. However, if you want a specific thing googling to the Nth degree I'm your gal just tell me the subject! Some of the things I have googled I have gotten to the point where I am on the 30th result page, or have ended up reading complex medical study results or obscure medical journal entries from years gone by, just call me the GoogleMaster :haha:

I laughed too Fili, discovering my cervix...as if I didn;t know I had one lol now all I want to do is play with it! It has inspired me to re think my personal smep plan!

As for me...Guess what!!?? I felt my cervix!! WOOT! I couldn;t find the damn thing but was reading a site and looking at pics of a cervix and decided to go have another feel...and felt it!!!! I can;t tell yet what position its classed as being in, but its good I have now found it. I did a small experiment: TMI alert. After I felt it, I gave myself an er, *moment* then felt it again afterwards, and it felt slightly higher up. I think it was the start of a intense routine of rummaging in my twinkle til I learn my cervix's range of positions. :haha:

I had to read that a couple of times to make sure I understood it right :xmas13:

Aunty - that's such a typical typical reaction. If it's any consolation it's taken me probably 6 months for my DH to understand my ttc weapons!!Best stick to poas for now. Or... don't think temping goddess ickle will agree with this but... my hubby didn't like the beeping either so I just did it on the loo as soon as i got up, not as reliable but i thought better than nothing!!

:rofl:

For the minute I'm happy to poas, but if we're still trying in a few months (we won't be:thumbup:) I'll bring it up again. To be fair to him, he's accepted the multitude of other ttc stuff ive bought :)

I'm still squeamish about trying find my cervix :sick:

Aha ok brilliant, that will be easier to find! Will post it soon as I find it again. Its great its this lady who has been photographing her own cervix, might want to angle your computer screen appropriately though if you are not completely alone!

https://www.beautifulcervix.com/cervix-photo-galleries/photos-of-cervix/pre-and-post-coitus/

Fascinating stuff!

Aha ok brilliant, that one is way easier to find. Its great its this lady who has been photographing her own cervix, might want to angle your computer screen appropriately though if you are not completely alone!

https://www.beautifulcervix.com/cervix-photo-galleries/photos-of-cervix/pre-and-post-coitus/

Fascinating stuff!

Ooops double post due to not quite wording the first one right! (one cant post something after she has found it AND post it in that post, makes no sense!)

Loz, that site is pretty amazing! Maybe I'll have a prod around and see what I find:blush:

Random question - does anyone elses oh take wellman conception? Have they mentioned it tasting funny? I told Kev he must be imagining the taste cos my prenatals don't taste of anything, but he assures me they really taste disgusting and leave a nasty aftertaste :shrug:

Another spanner in the works. My OH stepdaughter came for tea on Friday. Today she went to hospital and it turns out she has mumps. Obviously mumps is hideously infectious. Dd is only partly immunised as they don't have the second mmr until 3. So that's obviously a concern, also OH has never had it so it could be an absolute nightmare if he gets it, and really scupper our ttc chances.

Thanks for the support this morning, really means a lot as I am not the best as asking for support.

Aunylo - it's a shame your oh is not keen on the temping. I don't think mine was that keen but as he thinks that is the only thing I do, he doesn't know about the rest of my arsenal, he has accepted it. I find it extremely useful for knowing when I have ov'd and if AF due however it brings its own stresses. I have been twinkle temping from the end of last cycle and like loz can't hear the beeps under the covers.

Loz - yay for finding your cervix. Estimating the height is a struggle but the firmness is a bit easier. Thanks for the link.

Fili - lovely fuzzy pictures and it's fantastic to see the lines. I don't think any other group of ladies gets so excited to see little pink lines on pee sticks!!

Mrsmig - hugs - I am feeling a bit better today but completely understand the feeling of sadness and disappointment. If AF is coming just bloody well get on with it. The witch is playing with our minds. However your temps are looking good even if you subtract 0.2 - 0.3 to oral temps it is looking fine.

Ickle - hugs - I know after my moan this morning I can't say much but keep hoping, your temps are still good. Can't wait till I can see your cake picture.

We're all here for you pink :hugs:

Aunty my hubby takes wellman and he doesn't like doing it especially when i stand over him, check under and above his tongue, shake him then give him a pat on the head for being a good boy!! :awww: I think there's a whole load of psychological issues with men, their egos and ttc. They just don't accept that there may be things to be done to improve the situation. Imagine getting your hubby to go for a :spermy: test. I made mine go for 3 in total and OMG it was an uphil battle, but like my opks and hpts 3 is a minimum for a fair scientific comparison. My advice would to be as covert as possible until it's impossible.

mrs migg, i think the mumps thing will be fine. I think that once you're vaccinated you're ok but i may be wrong.... will try to do some research for you now.

https://www.immunizationinfo.org/vaccines/measles

Who should receive the MMR vaccine?

&#8226;All infants 12 months of age or older
&#8226;Susceptible adults who do not have documented evidence of measles immunity, such as a blood test showing the presence of measles antibody, or proof of receiving 2 doses of measles vaccine.
Immunity against measles is particularly important for adults at high risk for measles exposure, including college students and health care workers. People born before 1957 who are not in one of these high-risk categories are generally considered immune to measles through environmental exposure. Women of child bearing age should have immunity to rubella confirmed.

Frequently, it is believed that members of the following groups should not receive the vaccine. In fact, susceptible persons in these categories may receive the vaccine:

&#8226;Women who are breast feeding
&#8226;Individuals who have HIV infection but no symptoms of AIDS
&#8226;Children whose mothers or other household members are pregnant, as immunizing these contacts poses no risk to the pregnant individual Administering the vaccine within 72 hours to people who have been exposed to measles may prevent them from developing the disease.

Mrsmig - don't know about the mumps but I am sure fili will google the info out for you. I haven't had it as a child but I haven't heard that it will affect you ttc.

mmm.. mumps in men may rarely cause some orchitis problems. I'll keep looking too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->