Anyone else now trying again STRAIGHT after a mc? NTNP?

Afternoon ladies :flower:

Wow loads going on here, ill only be able to get on properly from work for a while untill our broadband gets sorted, today is moving day :wohoo:!!!!!

Sarah, im going to have that problem, I pvulated on cd 21 so a week later than normal and last time it was cd 27 ... none of the GPs or midwives seemed to believe so they assumed i was 2 weeks further than I was, kept having to tell them!!! :dohh:

I watched One Born this morning as i was up so early, i absolutely bawled my eyes out :cry: at it!!!!!

I didnt test early ..... i thought the sooner i knew about it the longer i would have to wait for the next stage ie. scan, i didnt test till 19 dpo!! Not sure how i did it I have no willpower otherwise!!

Amanda, what a pain about the infection, hopefully sortiing that out will help out with ovulation for next cycle!!

:wave: hi to everyone else, hope you are all ok :hugs:

xxxx

Afternoon ladies :flower:

Wow loads going on here, ill only be able to get on properly from work for a while untill our broadband gets sorted, today is moving day :wohoo:!!!!!

Sarah, im going to have that problem, I pvulated on cd 21 so a week later than normal and last time it was cd 27 ... none of the GPs or midwives seemed to believe so they assumed i was 2 weeks further than I was, kept having to tell them!!! :dohh:

I watched One Born this morning as i was up so early, i absolutely bawled my eyes out :cry: at it!!!!!

I didnt test early ..... i thought the sooner i knew about it the longer i would have to wait for the next stage ie. scan, i didnt test till 19 dpo!! Not sure how i did it I have no willpower otherwise!!

Amanda, what a pain about the infection, hopefully sortiing that out will help out with ovulation for next cycle!!

:wave: hi to everyone else, hope you are all ok :hugs:

xxxx

Thanks Clobo! I know that I ovulated around CD16 and that is when I typically ovulate, so my miscarriage didn't really change my cycle at all other than a longer bleed and the clots. I think that my doctor just assumed that I didn't know when I ovulated because he never asked either. I'm about 90% positive that my scan will show me at 7 weeks. Or maybe I'll be a few days behind that, but I don't think I'll be 2 weeks behind it like he suggested. Can't believe my scan is in 6 days! My doctor told me that I shouldn't expect to see or hear a heartbeat though as he is that convinced I'm not 6 weeks yet. My DH took the afternooon off to come with me, so I'm happy that I'll have him there as a support. I'm worried that the ultrasound will be uncomfortable. I had my pap yesterday and it was very uncomfortable with the speculum. All this worrying... Sigh...

Sarah - will they do the internal scan then? I had both and thought the vag one was not painful at all and way more comfortable than the full bladder, abdominal one. I am gld your OH wil be there but I think ot will be a fab time for you when you get to hear the hb!!

clobo - oh no! I haven't watched it yet, but since I cried last week (despite the numpty bloke) I'll probably be the same watching it tonight.

Sarah - will they do the internal scan then? I had both and thought the vag one was not painful at all and way more comfortable than the full bladder, abdominal one. I am gld your OH wil be there but I think ot will be a fab time for you when you get to hear the hb!!

clobo - oh no! I haven't watched it yet, but since I cried last week (despite the numpty bloke) I'll probably be the same watching it tonight.

I believe it will be an internal scan. I think that's what I'm nervous about. I was told that I needed to have a full bladder though. Perhaps I should call the ultrasound clinic for clarification? I don't want to have to sit there with a full bladder if I don't have to.

I think I'll finally be able to relax after I hear the heartbeat. I can't wait. Should I expect to hear it at 7 weeks or just see it on the monitor?

You need a full bladder for an external scan and an empty one for an internal scan. But its the same machine they use, just a different scanning tool. In my hospital, they ask you to come with a full bladder and try an external scan first. If they can see what they need, all well and good. If not, they ask you to go for a wee, then bring you back into the room and do the internal. The internal one is not painful at all, but maybe a little embarrassing. It is just a long dildo size/shape probe covered with a condom and some lube, and you really can't feel it inside. No need for a speculum, or make like a frog, or any of the other gynae indignities we get subjected to from time to time!

From what I can remember, you see the heartbeat rather than hear it at this point. Its only 3 years since I was at this stage with DS2 - you would think I would remember more clearly. You definitely hear it at the 12 week scan though, and via doppler at subsequent antenatal appointments.

Sarah - I would call for clarification, when I had my internal at 7 weeks, I didn't need a full bladder. I've read that the full bladder enables better scan transabdominally though. If they are doing a transvaginal scan they will probably make you go to the loo first if you have a full bladder.

I would say the internal scan was way more comfortable than a pap smear, it's just like a wand, not huge or anything.

Pink - I'm watching OBEM tonight too while DH is out. I had a wee cry last time too :)

Sarah - I have had the internal scan done loads to look at my ovaries and cysts etc. It's not too bad at all. Although the first one I got was a bit funny.

My BF at the time was in with me to get the external one but they couldn't see my ovaries so the scanner let me go for a wee in a little side room which was off the room where you got changed. When I came back into the room, my BF and the female champerone were gone and the male scanner was taking a condom out of it's wrapper. I was a bit shocked until he started putting the gel in it and the chaperone came back in with something in her hand lol! It turned out later than my BF was just in the way so they'd asked him to step outside.

I've been drinking loads of water today 1.5 litres and counting. I'm not weeing as much as you'd expect with that amount but maybe my poor kidney's are struggling to filter it all if they're infected.

I had the same experience as Emum, they cant really see anything this early so i dont know why they both with the external but i think just in case you are further than you say maybe??

It doesnt hurt, nothing like a speculum, just feels rather cold!!

You'll be fine, we will all be thinking of you chick :hugs:

xxxxx

I had the same experience as Emum and Clobo too.

You will be fine hun, its totally pain free :thumbup: xxx

Thank you ladies! I feel much better now!

I will have to call my ultrasound clinic tomorrow to clarify. I have to pee ALL the time though and was worried about having to go in with a full bladder. They'll probably tell me to have a full bladder and see when I get there, but it's worth a shot.

I'm back from the doctor's ladies. Blood work from last week came back clear. I had my pap test done and they took more blood because apparently they didn't take a tube to check my HCG levels last week. I have my ultrasound next week for dating. Given that I miscarried immediately before I got pregnant again, my doctor seems to think that I'm only at 4 or 5 weeks instead of 6, but I'm positive that I ovulated on CD16, so I bet my ultrasound confirms that I'm around where I think I am. I hope everything is alright in there! Ticker says it's the size of a sweet pea today!

Bummer that they didn't get that tube of blood last week, but yay that the scan is so soon and I too hope they get a surprise! :D

Morning ladies.

Well my spotting yesterday turned in light bleeding today. I think being ill has hidden my normal AF signs. I'm not too fussed that I'm out and am quite chuffed that I had a 28 day cycle :)

I'm still feeling crap and want to take today off work but I forgot to ask the doctor for a fit note. I can't decide whether to just go to work feeling crap or have the hassle of phoning the surgery trying to get the note, which they never seem keen to give out before the 5 days that are normally required.

I'm glad you are feeling good about your cycle length! I hope that you feel better so soon and I'm so sorry that you are at work today. :hugs::hugs::hugs:

I'm at work today (in my white linen trousers of course) and AF is heavy and painful today and my stomach is a bit upset too. Hopefully I'll feel better by the time I start at 11.30.
Hope everyone else is ok.

:hugs::hugs::hugs: I hope you feel better and you tell that witch that I'm glaring at her right now. :growlmad:

afm - I had one of the crappiest sleeps ever. Just couldn't fall asleep, nothing on my mind that I can think of, just couldn't drop off. When I did fall asleep I had night sweats again. This seem to be norm for second half of my cycle. I am not sure if thats a good thing or not - anyone?

*hugs* Sorry you had a crappy sleep. I have that at times too (not the night sweats so far, but definitely the not being able to sleep for no real reason) and it just sucks. I hope you sleep better tonight!

You watch all my clients today will be pregnant and I will have a huge setback!
Happy Thursday's all.

I'm hoping for all old ladies for you today!! :)

Hi louby. Yes I think I might be the next one due to test. FF is truly testing my resolve at the moment. This morning she cheerily announced that 31.9% of pregnant people would get a BFP if they posted today. I am resisting though!

Haha! FF does have a wily way about her doesn't she? I think that's why I cave and test so early every time even when I know there isn't a chance.... I'm SOO hoping and praying for a bfp for you though! :)

I cleared that up by bringing in my FF chart so they could see what I was seeing. :haha: That actually really worked for me and I didn't have to argue with anyone. :)

Yeah the external one was more painful to me as well. A lot more pressure on already full things. lol

I believe it will be an internal scan. I think that's what I'm nervous about. I was told that I needed to have a full bladder though. Perhaps I should call the ultrasound clinic for clarification? I don't want to have to sit there with a full bladder if I don't have to.

I think I'll finally be able to relax after I hear the heartbeat. I can't wait. Should I expect to hear it at 7 weeks or just see it on the monitor?

What they did for me is have me come with full bladder and then empty my bladder after the external one while they prepped for the internal one. I'll bet they will do both for you as well. It definitely doesn't hurt to call to verify though! Believe me that if you don't have to, they won't let you because if all they are doing is an internal then they need your bladder empty.

AFM, my body is just trying to annoy me now I'm pretty sure of that. It just really wants me to have no clue what's going on. As of last night and this morning, my bleeding is back down to light spotting... again. I daren't even guess at what that means because whatever I guess will be wrong, so I'll leave it at we'll see... lol :wacko: I did notice that yesterday was a very clotty day. Seemed like there were clots coming on nearly every wipe. Not big ones at all, but there nonetheless.

Right, I have started my agnus castus. I have also bought some EPO (that is less than ten years old this time). Ickle, when do I start taking it? Also I thought I'd get some robittusin as well, I am considering trying the smep this month.
Sarah I would give them a ring to clarify about your scan deffo but like the others said the internal thingy doesn't hurt at all.

Sarah, if you do have to go with a full bladder then i wouldnt worry too much about drinking it 1.5-2 hours like they say, I needed to pee all the time too so i literally took a bottle of water with me and drunk it in the car before i went to my appt!! Its likely they wont see anything anyway i think its just procedure that some places follow!

Dodger, aw mate, with each day that passes you are one day nearer to being all clear and being able to start again, I really feel for you :hugs:

Mrs Miggins, wow talk about out of date tablets!!!!

20 minutes left in work i cant wait to get out!!

xxxx

Clobo - I am so jealous that you are done work in 20 minutes!!! I've already been at work almost 2 hours and I still have almost 7 to go! I had to leave early yesterday for my prenatal appointment, so I had to come in early today. Boo!

Mrsmig - not sure about AC but take the epo from cd1 to ov.

I have booked to get acupuncture in 2 week and was looking at AC too but am a bit scared to use. Also DHEA anyone used this?

Mrs Miggins - I take EPO from CD1 to ov like pink said. What size of capsules have you got? I got the high strength 1000mg ones and I take 2 a day. I took the AC all cycle long but there's different opinions about that. I just took the dosage on the bottle - can't remember what that was now off the top of my head.

I take 2000mg same as ickle. It does make your wee bright yellow and smell a bit strange, and it is sometimes difficult to assess how concentrated your urine is for poas in the run up to ov time.

Thanks Pink. I have got 500 mg capsules, only 30 of them though.

Thats what I had, but I was expecting to O on CD 14/15, I had ran out long before I actually did O. Oddly, I still have bright pee.....:haha:

Lozdi! Hello stranger! You have been far too quiet of late! Are you ok?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->