anyone else starting clomid next month, or can share their clomid experiences?

Hey jess, I have pcos as well. I only had one opk on my first month of clomid (this month) and I think it was around day 15. I never did ovulate on my own to know when I usually would. Are they even doing the 21 day blood work for you?

No :( no monitoring at all, my doc says its not medically necessary at this low of a dose for me because my risk is low.

If I don't O by CD26 I'm supposed to take Provera to start my cycle and then up my Clomid after a follow up appt at the Dr.'s.

At least that's just six days away!

Ok, I guess its different in the US, im on the 50 dose as well and I had to do the 21 day blood work to confirm if I ovulated or not.

Could it just be that the scan was too early? You may not be due to ovulate for a few days yet.

SS83, how exciting about your scan, I suppose there are some positives to doing this through a clinic.

I go on Friday morning for my scan, 6 days after last pill. I'm a bit scared we'll have missed ovulation as we were supposed to abstain until scan in case ovaries go nuts. OH is away too and not home until late Friday night so depending on the scan I might be waiting to jump him lol.

Steph - I think everywhere is different. I went to my GP for my "day 21" (actually day 31!) bloods and then phoned my clinic for the results about 5 days later.

Jess - I haven't ovulated on Clomid yet so don't know what day, but I've heard that it can lengthen some people's cycles and shorten others. The nurses at my clinic said if you normally have a long cycle, you are likely to ovulate later on Clomid too, though.

Lovecakes - You might be right but my follicles started out small and grew soooo slowly on my last cycle (like 3mm in a week) and then I never did ovulate, so I'm thinking the same is going to happen again :(.
Good luck with your scan - fingers crossed for a nice big follicle or 2!! :)

Thats interesting, I was not told anything about cylces being changed at all. Ive been on a 28 day cycle since Jan this year so maybe they didnt tell me because I've become regular? This is confusing. I think Im a bit flustered today. Failing a little at staying positive. I had some cramping yesterday. So im guessing af will be on time this month. I really want someone to invent this FFW button! Lol. I hate waiting and hate even more depending on other people to give me answers, how are you doing Sarah??

I'm just crossing my fingers that it's just that I'll ovulate late like normal. I found a couple of good examples of charts on FF that had woman ovulating CD21-CD24 and getting PG. I still haven't gotten a true positive on OPK. But my temp dropped majorly today. Like going from 97.45 to 96.63, see below, and I don't usually get such a major drop before I get a rise so maybe that's a good sign that things are different this cycle? I'm crossing my fingers I'll get a temp rise in the next couple of days but trying not to get too excited because I hate being let down. I trust the temp rise as a better indicator of ovulation but if I get a temp rise without ever getting a true POS OPK than I'll be suspicious because I usually get days of positives. However, that's a symptom of PCOS, days of POS OPKs, because it can mean your body is having a hard time ovulating. So maybe if I dont have days of POS OPKs, it just means the Clomid is working. Ugh. Hate all of this wondering stuff! Sorry to vent! I feel like if I get it out here I might understand it all better in my head lol.

Here is my chart and OPKs (I take tons haha I buy big giant bulk packs!) from this cycle,

Thats interesting, I was not told anything about cylces being changed at all. Ive been on a 28 day cycle since Jan this year so maybe they didnt tell me because I've become regular? This is confusing. I think Im a bit flustered today. Failing a little at staying positive. I had some cramping yesterday. So im guessing af will be on time this month. I really want someone to invent this FFW button! Lol. I hate waiting and hate even more depending on other people to give me answers, how are you doing Sarah??

Hi steph!
My clinic told me they hope to get you on a regular 28 day cycle but it doesn't happen for everyone, some people go right up to 35 day cycles but no harm in it.
I'm doing good thanks. Boobs aren't painful anymore, just hard. Have been eating prunes to help with the constipation as I'm avoiding all meds, they are vile...had to hols my nose to eat them lol.
Now though I'm feeling tired and run down, had a nap after work and in bed at 9. No nausea but I feel as though I'm away to get a bug or throat infection or something, just feel really crap. Again though I don't care because it means I'm pregnant...! :happydance:
X

Ahh the fun stuff to look forward to!! Maybe my pains could be implantation? trying not to get my hopes up though.

Hi Jess, I can't see your pictures (might be because I'm on my iPad) but I have definitely read lots of stories where people have ovulated late (CD21+) and got pregnant!

Went for my my scan today (CD 15) and it was bad news...my follicles haven't grown at all, in fact, according to the nurses measurements, they have shrunk! But that might have been the measurements being slightly off. I'm gutted :( I have to go back on Tuesday so that they can check them again but I'm not holding out any hope. And to top it all off, tomorrow (Friday) is my birthday. I'm supposed to be celebrating with my family but I just want to crawl in to bed and sleep for a week :(

Hi Jess, I can't see your pictures (might be because I'm on my iPad) but I have definitely read lots of stories where people have ovulated late (CD21+) and got pregnant!

Went for my my scan today (CD 15) and it was bad news...my follicles haven't grown at all, in fact, according to the nurses measurements, they have shrunk! But that might have been the measurements being slightly off. I'm gutted :( I have to go back on Tuesday so that they can check them again but I'm not holding out any hope. And to top it all off, tomorrow (Friday) is my birthday. I'm supposed to be celebrating with my family but I just want to crawl in to bed and sleep for a week :(

Aw :( did they say they won't grow? Sometimes I hear if they haven't grown by CD15, they'll ask you to come back on CD21. Happy early birthday!

Thank you for the reassurance on late ovulaters like me! Maybe you will ovulate late?

Good luck for next week lemonade, hopefully you'll just be late ovulating. Have they said what the next stage would be after clomid? I was told an injectable drug (no idea of the name) would be the next step.

Happy birthday hon and chin up x

SS83 - Sounds like you've definitely got the preggo symptoms, hoping they don't get much worse.

Jess - I can't see your photos either.

AFM, I'm pretty sure I O'd Sunday or Monday, but got a temp spike today. Going to go for CD21 blood test on Saturday, just want to see if I O on my own without clomid.

Fingers crossed for your blood work!! :)

Jess your pics just come up as a red X. Didnt work?

Probably the photos didnt show up because they were so giant haha dumb iPhone! It was my chart and OPKs from this month and the last month I ovulated naturally, December 2012. I didn't ovulate that month till CD24. Today is CD22. I'm just hoping I still ovulate. I've haven't had a pos OPK or a temp surge. When I O'ed in December I started getting pos OPKs on CD23 so maybe tomorrow! Fingers crossed :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->