• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

anyone else starting clomid next month, or can share their clomid experiences?

Might be because of clomid, if it persists maybe ring your doctor?

I'm struggling at the moment. Come to visit one of my best friends this weekend who has a 7-month old. She knows about our TTC journey but clearly doesn't understand as they spend most of their time talking about how amazing their daughter is and how wonderful being a parent is etc. I don't mind a bit of it but it just feels likes its all the time. I'm so desperate to have a baby and it just upsets me so much. Maybe I'm just being over-sensitive but it really hurts :(

Sorry to be needy! X

Hope your feeling a bit better now browniebaby.
It is hard sometimes i think we all struggle, our emotional stat is sometimes all over the place. i sometimes wonder too if im being over sensitive
:hugs:

Morning All, i don't if any of you can help, i'm due to start clomid this cycle, days 2-6, i started spotting 2 days ago and had first full bleed today (sorry TMI) should i take it today as i will probably only spot again tomorrow or take today as my 2nd day and start it tonight? I'm a bit confused! thank you xx

hi mrsovey my doc said the same as browniebabys doc. to count first day as full bleed. but do what you feel is right.

How is everyone?

ss83. do you have anymore news on when you may be starting clomid?

As for me. my scan in thursday. so hopefuly everything will as it should be and the clomid is doing its job and ill ov sometime over the weekend. thats what i am hoping for anyway.
Started opks today. i know clomid can mess with them but it helps me feel like im doing everything i poss can. i temp as well. me and hubby started bd every other day from day 8. and im using convieve plus this month too.
Not over kill is it :wacko:

found out im going to be an aunty recently. my bil and sil are 10 weeks. i am very happy for them. hope i stay that way tho. but bet that green eyed monster is lurking somewhere.

:flower: hope everyone is well.

Morning All, in the end i took the pill last night, i had to rethink what the FS said and remembered that first full bleed i'd have to take it as days either side were just ridiculous! Not sure on side effects as yet, not sure when they will kick in, although i was awake at 4 this morning with hideous heart burn and i do feel a bit queasy this morning :(

Hope everyone else is doing well xx

Hello ladies. On cd33, couldn't resist a hpt but was negative. So now hoping af stays away for a few more days as I go to get clomid on saturday at the clinic so would love to start it this cycle.

One day - hope your scan shows a huge big follicle (or two!) about to burst! Congrats on the fact you're going to be an auntie but I know its hard.

MrsOvey hope the clomid side effects don't get any worse!

Ss83 sorry it was bfn but hope AF stays away so you can tie it in nicely with starting clomid after your appointment. Fingers crossed! X

hi everyone

MrsOvey hope the clomid side effects don't effect you too much.

Ss83 sorry you got a bfn but fingers crossed your body plays nice and the timing is good and you get to start clomid soon.

browniebaby thanks. i am more excited then anything about being an aunty. so thats good.
How are you brownie?

So i had my scan this morning. i have a follicle on my right. 22 i think she said sizewise. she said it looks like it could burst anytime.
the problem is its on my right. thats my bad side. the tube is twisted and scarred. so i dont even know if the egg can get thru. i also have a risk of eptopic. i knew that anyway but because the follicle is on my right im even more worried about that now.

Also back in jan they found a cyst and in feb they removed it. well its back. the same size it was back in jan as well. havnt a clue what will happen with that untill i speak to my dr.

So im feeling a bit down right now. and no where near as hopeful as i was yesterday. I have a foccile on my left too but its small.

Hope everyone is well.

Hi gals! I haven't been by in a while. I'm officially in TWW. I've been lucky with no side effects on my first round (100mg cd3-7). Dr isn't monitoring me with ultrasound which is a little frustrating. I did go for CD21 blood test (which was 2dpo) and it came back only as 5.0. Nurse said they like to see it 10 or higher, but I'm thinking it would be low since I was only 2 dpo. They want to up my dosage next month to 150.

Mrs. Ovey - I hope your side effects aren't bad.

OneDay - Fingers are crossed that something works out for you with the right side O. Hopefully it's a super strong smart egg that an navigate it's way.

SS83 - how long are you cycles normally? Fingers are crossed for you hun!!!

Hi hope! Aw I totally understand why you'd be frustrated at not being monitored by ultrasound. Did they not ask you back for another blood test?
My cycles range from anything from 31 to 45 days. Af still not here which means I should defo be okay to start clomid next cycle as I go the clinic in 2 days, woohoo! So excited now.I'll then get a scan at cd 12 to check how I've responded.all being well it'll just be blood tests each cycle after that to check ovulation is still happening.
Been reading the clomid success stories and trawling the web for info.can't wait, feeling really optimistic. Dh has good sperm count, we're youngish, healthy bmi, just one ovary with cysts and no hormone issues so I'm hoping we've a really good chance...
how is everyone?

Ss83 - no, they didn't have me come back for another blood test. My Dr is under the impression that CD21 tests should be done on that day and that day only. According to my OPK's and temp though I O'd on CD19. Oh, he doesn't believe in OPK's or temping either. I've never heard of this before.

Sounds like you still have a possibility for a BFP since your cycles run longer, if not starting the clomid is exciting!!!

That's rubbish, my gp had me for tests from cd21 through to 35 every 7 days as my cycles were so irregular.is this a gp (are you uk?) Or the fertility clinic?
Nah I did a hpt the other day and a bfn.

No, I am in the United States. My dr specializes in Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility and I was referred to him by my OB/GYN. It just seems like he doesn't look at each case individually and just goes down some checklist.

Good luck with the clomid :)

Aw that's so frustrating...do you not have more say with your system if you're not happy? I'm sure everything will be fine though, bet the tww is a nightmare, am I right?! I'm dreading it...I'll be a nightmare!

Oneday - sorry to hear you are feeling down about things. Try and see the positive that you have a large follicle about to burst so get dtd and hope it finds it way out. I know its hard but worrying wont help and might hinder things. As for the cyst - worry about that once your doc has told you what the next step is. I know its easy for me to say but do try and not stress lovely xxx

Hopethisyear - your doc sounds a bit weird! Can you change? You know your body and at least you know when you ovulated. Fingers crossed for you xxx

Ss83 - glad to hear AF has played ball so far! Hope your appointment goes ok tomorrow!

I am on cd13 today and this morning had some EWCM! So should have a positive opk in the next few days. It wasn't loads so I'm not sure if its the start of my fertile window or whether this is when I would usually get a load as I know clomid can dry you up a bit! My temps are still low so I know I haven't ovulated yet. We're dtd every-other-day but missed last night so need to get back on it tonight!

I keep going from mega excited to absolutely convinced it isn't going to work. It's doing my head in!

Afternoon all, i don't think i've suffered any side effects from Clomid at all, think it was the cocodamol i took following a minor op that caused my heartburn! As not had any more since i stopped the cocodamol :)

Sounds like everything is moving along nicely for you browniebaby, i know what you mean about excitement and worry at the same time, i'm not near ready to think about ovulation, i'm not going to chart or anything, FS said it wasn't necessary, just to get some action in the right window. Although i'm utterly convinced, that it's not going to work! It can't be that easy surely!! I'm just a little annoyed that i'm not being monitored by scans etc

Keeping positive for you all xx

Hi gals! No, I don't have alot of choices as my Dr is the only one in my area and only comes to my area once a month. I actually have an appointment to meet him today and I have all sorts of questions written down to ask him.

Browniebaby - good luck with the BD!! Have you tried Preseed for the loss in CM?

I just took my last clomid pill this morning (cd3-7) for the first round. Haven't had too many side effects - though the first day I was kind of out of it for work, but it was also Monday....

I am not getting any scans either, though we already know I o on my own (we got unexplained infertility after all the tests). It just would be nice to know what is going on...

Not sure what to expect when O after clomid? we bought some opks to try, as the fs thought it would be a good idea in case we have to go the route of iui...

I am really glad there are these forums to talk about it all :)

Off to the clinic in a few hours for my first round of clomid, on cd 36 still no af but have had very slight dark discharge for a couple of days so think it'll be here soon....then I can get started, can't wait after 14 months ttc hopefully something might actually happen! So used to ttc now it's weird...feel like it kind if defines us as a couple now as it's all people ask us about, am sure many of you feel the same?

Ss83 - Good luck on your first round of clomid! I just took two months off TTC for tests and surgeries and it was actually such a nice break from timing intercourse and POAS. But by the time that two months was over, I was soooo ready to start TTC again and start my first round of clomid. We don't really tell friends (only my sister) that we are TTC because I know I won't be able to deal with all the questions and feeling like everyone feels bad for me. That's just how I am though. I hope clomid works for you!!!!

River - I am on my first round of clomid and haven't had any side effects at all. I O on my own too. I used OPK's and temp and ended up Oing on CD19 which was a few days later than I normally do, but everyone is different. Is your Dr monitoring you at all with blood work since he isn't doing scans?

Mrs. Ovey - Can you request scans if you want? What about blood work to make sure you O'd?

Hello! Appointment went really well. Got 50 mg of clomid to get me started. I've been told not to try lose weight (I've been battling with it since coming off the pill) as my bmi shouldn't go below 21. So no dietng doctors orders, great! Lol. I don't feel borderline underweight by any means (in fact I've been hating my extra weight) I'm just tall, but she was adamant.
And then as if by magic, af arrived a few hours later so I'll start on cd 2 tomorrow!

I was told side effects are rare but they actually don't just happen when you take the tablets but right through your cycle, so could have hot flashes or headaches etc anytime before af.

Also hope, we didn't want to tell anyyone about ttc,but now all our close friends and immediate family know we're having issues as after 5 years married the questions were getting asked..a lot...not all of them know the details but most know we're at the fertility clinic stage.

So happy. The sister said she was very confident with me as my hormone levels are good she thinks I'll respond well.so is hopeful we'll be pregnant...not hopes up but it's positive.

Yay for starting clomid Ss83! I was a little freaked out about starting clomid after reading so many horror stories online, but I have been fine on it with no side effects. Yesterday I did have a dizzy/nauseous spell that went away after about 5 minutes. Not sure if it is a SE of clomid or something else.

MrsOvey - I wish I could take the relaxed approach but I'm way past that now! I need to know I've done everything or I'd stress and feel guilty! But I am a stress-head lol.

Hopethisyear - yes we use preseed on and off and glad we already had it ready for this cycle. We used it last night as I haven't had any more EWCM and am very dry down there lol! I don't use as much as it says in the leaflet as my h finds it too slippery so hopefully its enough to help the little guys get where they need to be!

River - good luck for your first round! I find OPK's helpful as you know when you'll ovulate so you can time dtd better. It does make things a bit clinical though!

Ss83 - congrats on getting clomid and yay for the perfect timing of AF! So glad you are feeling positive x

AFM - I ovulated yesterday as my temps rose this morning. I had positive OPK's sat and sun so I don't know if that means I've ovulated more than once?! We dtd on fri night and last night and will tonight and tomorrow morning if h can manage it! Hopefully that will cover us. Quite excited now! Do you all put a pillow under your hips after dtd? I never know if its worth it or not so I do it anyway just in case! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->