anyone else starting clomid next month, or can share their clomid experiences?

Searched the Internet and can't find an answer to this- with Jace I conceived on my first round of clomid, but I didn't ov til around cd22..... Should I expect to respond to it around the same timeframe again or could it be completely different?!

My doctor told me that most women should see the same from cycle to cycle if they are on the same dosage. Mine was different this cycle because she had me take a second round during the same cycle. But as with anything, I'm sure not all doctors agree on the same thing, lol.

Searched the Internet and can't find an answer to this- with Jace I conceived on my first round of clomid, but I didn't ov til around cd22..... Should I expect to respond to it around the same timeframe again or could it be completely different?!

My doctor told me that most women should see the same from cycle to cycle if they are on the same dosage. Mine was different this cycle because she had me take a second round during the same cycle. But as with anything, I'm sure not all doctors agree on the same thing, lol.

I'm worried that because I responded late on the 50mg and now I'm 5kg (11 lb) heavier I'm screwed and won't ov!!

But also I've had a baby since and I'm on metformin so who knows!

Can't believe you are already 13 weeks, SS! Lovely scan picture. Keep us updated!

Trina - my clinic always says to wait until you have proper red bleeding to count that day as CD 1, but from what I have read, if you didn't O on your last round you don't HAVE to have a bleed before starting the new round. I'm not 100% sure though!

I'm glad you can get started on your Clomid, hopeful. It's always a relief to know where you stand re: AF. My doctor seems to think you respond pretty much the same to each dose of Clomid (so once they have confirmed ovulation on a particular dose, they stop monitoring you). I have heard of ladies that have ovulated 2 or 3 times on a dose of Clomid and then not on the next cycle though, so I don't know.

MummyDonz, I'm not sure about your chances but I have read that sperm can live up to 5 days inside of you and your egg hangs around for about 12 hours after ovulation - so you definitely have a chance!

I went for my blood test on Friday morning - it was a breeze! Nothing like last time when I managed to pass out on the nurse. DH seems to think they will process the blood pretty quickly since I ended up going right to the hospital instead of my GP, so I can probably phone Monday for the results. I might wait until Tuesday though, as I am not teaching in the morning.

By my calculations, I am 5DPO today, but Fertility Friend thinks I am only 4DPO. Does anyone who charts know if your temps HAVE go up the morning after ovulation? I am pretty sure I ovulated on Monday as I got the same pain that I did last month but my temp didn't jump until Wednesday morning. This is my first month temping so I don't know!

Link to my chart: My Ovulation Chart

How is everyone else doing in the TWW?

Lemonade - Let us know what you find out. AFM: I'm just keeping busy and anxiously awaiting Monday so that I can go get my progesterone test. I understand why we have to wait, but I don't have to like it, lol. I am really want to know if I ovulated or not. Ugh.

^^^ I never go for blood tests thurs or Friday for that reason lol!

Lol hopeful that makes sense!! Try not to stress to much about the clomid just wait and see how your body will respond and hope for the best :)

It does make sense, hopeful! Wish I had gone for my test on Monday now - especially since I will be 7DPO then, which would have been perfect timing. Stupid weekend getting in the way!

Actually not knowing for sure if I have ovulated or not has helped me stress way less about getting a BFP. No point googling symptoms if you might not have ovulated at all!

Thats very true Lemonade!! I didnt think I ovulated at all this month so I figured I was out, didnt really pay much attention to anything going on just let time do its thing. Oddly enough my obgyn friday told me hes pretty sure I did. And thats ok to cuz it gave me the last two weeks not obsessing and googling all the maybes LOL.

So planning blood tests on certain days has been hard to accommodate because of these travel plans DH and I had made for family events around the country. So, crazy clomid gave me around a 37 day cycle this time. Unfortunately on day 21 of cycle 2 I will be in a different jurisdiction than my blood work paperwork, but day 23 if we fly home very early in the morning I can get back to my hometown to do bloodwork that afternoon. How bad is it if I can't have bloods done until day 23? I called my FS and the lady who took my call (not a doctor) said that well...its not ideal but they take progesterone up until day 24. Thoughts?
I am also so furious at DH as he said there is no way he is getting up early for a flight and I was like I'm on fertility drugs and visiting your family you bet your ass you are getting on that early fight so I can get this done. I know this is from stress from TTC but I was absolutely furious with him for saying that.

Awe Trina sorry to hear your frustration. I had my bloods done on day 23 and they worked just fine :) I dont think guys understand sometimes how a little comment that they feel means nothing gets taken to heart with us, ecspecially when it comes to us ttc. Sending *hugs*

It does make sense, hopeful! Wish I had gone for my test on Monday now - especially since I will be 7DPO then, which would have been perfect timing. Stupid weekend getting in the way!

Actually not knowing for sure if I have ovulated or not has helped me stress way less about getting a BFP. No point googling symptoms if you might not have ovulated at all!

I felt like that when i was on it for jace. I had my bloods 8dpo- took 2 days to get them back so by then I could test and got a BFP!

Now on cd3.... Can't wait to start!

Awe Trina sorry to hear your frustration. I had my bloods done on day 23 and they worked just fine :) I dont think guys understand sometimes how a little comment that they feel means nothing gets taken to heart with us, ecspecially when it comes to us ttc. Sending *hugs*

Thanks so much Steph. Looks like he is now ok with me booking the early flight and we will get the bloods done on day 23. Thanks for letting me know yours worked out that day. Did your doctor recommend that day for you, or was it when you could get it done? Thanks for the hugs :)

Thanks so much Steph. Looks like he is now ok with me booking the early flight and we will get the bloods done on day 23. Thanks for letting me know yours worked out that day. Did your doctor recommend that day for you, or was it when you could get it done? Thanks for the hugs :)

23 is fine :) I mean if 21 was a Saturday you'd have to wait til Monday anyway!
Last time I had mine done on 22 but it looked too soon after (late) ov so I had them done again on 29.

Well, ladies, I heard back from my doc and my 21 day progesterone was at 3.8 and they said it was unlikely that I ovulated. :( I'm feeling very sad and disappointed today. I know it's still not 100% that I'm out of the game, but I'm pretty sure I am at this point. *Sigh* Hard to even think about another month of crazy hot flashes, no sleep, and all the fun emotional roller coasters. :(

Good luck to all of you still waiting on results or those of you in the TWW! Baby dust to you all!

Well, ladies, I heard back from my doc and my 21 day progesterone was at 3.8 and they said it was unlikely that I ovulated. :( I'm feeling very sad and disappointed today. I know it's still not 100% that I'm out of the game, but I'm pretty sure I am at this point. *Sigh* Hard to even think about another month of crazy hot flashes, no sleep, and all the fun emotional roller coasters. :(

Good luck to all of you still waiting on results or those of you in the TWW! Baby dust to you all!

Aw Starbunny, I'm so sorry to hear that. :hugs:

I had my test this morning and I'm just waiting for the results.

Good luck to you skar!! Sorry it didnt work for you this cycle Starbunny! Hopefully next cycle will be better for you :)

I'm so sorry Starbunny :hugs: I know how that feels. I hope next cycle is better.

Good luck with your test, Skarcm!

I'm now 5 dpo. Bit feeling overly confident this cycle after partner was away but I know there's always a chance. Mind you, we timed it perfectly first cycle and that didn't work so who knows...

I phoned the fertility clinic this morning and I did ovulate! I had been pretty sure I did, but was beginning to doubt myself yesterday. They won't give out the actual progesterone level over the phone, which is annoying - the obsessive side of me wants to know...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->