• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

anyone else starting clomid next month, or can share their clomid experiences?

Thanks for letting me know that Lovecakes. Would you recommend I start temping? I wonder if I will ovulate later-I guess if I don't temp ill never know.

Lovecakes that's so freaking exciting!! Ahh I'm happy for you!!

Hello girls!
Just checking in to see how you're all doing and loving the 2bfps since I last looked in- CONGRATULATIONS hopeful and lovecakes!!
X

Amazing news Lovecakes!!! Massive congratulations. I think we have a wave of BFPs going on this thread now :)

I'm so sorry you didn't ovulate Trina :( Hopefully the next step is the one that gets you that BFP.

Thanks for letting me know that Lovecakes. Would you recommend I start temping? I wonder if I will ovulate later-I guess if I don't temp ill never know.

Temping can be great and awful. You can use it to time BD, testing or work out if you have a LP defect. I started as I've always had AF problems and wanted to reassure myself I did ovulate. After 6 months of annovulatory cycles it prompted me to go to my GP who I somehow convinced to refer me early. Soon after though I gave it up for a year as the constant dissapointment every morning of a low temperature was awful. I picked it up again when started clomid as i am a control freak and it made me feel like i had some control in the crazy situation.

Also, if I hadn't known I ovulated I would have started my Provera last week as I would be at CD35 with no positive test!

Think about how it will help you, i.e. do you need to time BD? Is it for reassurance of ovulation? If you don't have strong feelings personally I think it's too much bother.

What does everyone else think?

I know a girl on another thread became clomid resistant so switched to femara. It seems to pretty common. It's been 8 days since my first BFP and I'm still getting beautiful lines!

Lovecakes: Congrats on the BFP!!!

Hopeful: Happy to hear that you are still doing well.

Trina: sorry about the progesterone test. Hopefully your doc will have a good plan for you. Keep us posted.

Temping can be great and awful. You can use it to time BD, testing or work out if you have a LP defect. I started as I've always had AF problems and wanted to reassure myself I did ovulate. After 6 months of annovulatory cycles it prompted me to go to my GP who I somehow convinced to refer me early. Soon after though I gave it up for a year as the constant dissapointment every morning of a low temperature was awful. I picked it up again when started clomid as i am a control freak and it made me feel like i had some control in the crazy situation.

Also, if I hadn't known I ovulated I would have started my Provera last week as I would be at CD35 with no positive test!

Think about how it will help you, i.e. do you need to time BD? Is it for reassurance of ovulation? If you don't have strong feelings personally I think it's too much bother.

Thanks Lovecakes for the thoughtful post!:hugs:
I am thinking that if I temp consistently it may stress me out as I am constantly analyzing everything. However, I do want to know if I am ovulating later. I think for now this cycle I will keep bding every other day, and see what my FS says on Tuesday. Thank you again for your advice! How have you been feeling? When do you think you will tell your family?

Hopeful, congrats on those beautiful lines!!! I am thrilled for you.

How are you doing Skarcm? What cd are you on?

So lastnight on cd 25, oddly enough it started while we were bding, I had this pain on my left ovary, and then for 1.5 hours the pain got more intense. It felt similar to my ovulation pains last cycle but more intense and on one side only. I am wondering after all this worry if I ovulated on day 25. That or I had a cyst burst? I will ask my FS for another progesterone blood test to find out next week.
Have a great weekend girls!

Trina, that sounds hopeful for ovulation - is there any way you can get bloods taken to confirm?

I agree Lovecakes; temping can be good and bad. I started temping after suspecting that I had ovulated on CD 29 and having no way of confirming it (fertility clinic wouldn't do bloods). I was kicking myself for not temping, so I started the next cycle. It does make me obsess way too much, though.

AFM - I'm on CD 14 today and I'm not sure what's going on with my cycle. I had what I thought might be a +OPK on CD11, but just assumed it was the effect of Clomid still in my body (I took Clomid CD 3-7), so marked it as - on my chart. Then FF gave me dotted crosshairs for CD 11 today, but I don't think I believe it! CD 11 seems wayyy early to O, especially for me, who ovulates on the late side even on 150mg. Maybe there's something wrong with my thermometer or something. Could anyone take a look? I've linked my chart in my siggy :):)

Trina: I'm on CD9 and am not taking anything this cycle. We will see if I end up ovulating on my own or not. I'm hoping those pains you were feeling were ovulation pains. Let us know if you have a progesterone test and how it comes out.

Lemonade: Clomid can really mess with you. Hopefully you will get a good strong + OPK soon and have some temps to validate it. Keep us posted.

Scratch my last post: FF took away my crosshairs and then I got a very +OPK today, along with ovulation pains, so I guess that the CD 11 OPK was still the Clomid in my system. Back in the TWW from tomorrow!

Love your new ticker Lovecakes :):)

I finally got a call from the fertility clinic!! :D I got an appt on Jan 9th so coming soon :) Im really happy! My progesterone levels were 35.6 this month so a good solid number confirming ovulation, and as for right now af was due yesterday. Nothing yet but I am a bit crampy. Ive been crampy since ov this month. Who knows!! :)

I finally got a call from the fertility clinic!! :D I got an appt on Jan 9th so coming soon :) Im really happy! My progesterone levels were 35.6 this month so a good solid number confirming ovulation, and as for right now af was due yesterday. Nothing yet but I am a bit crampy. Ive been crampy since ov this month. Who knows!! :)

Steph: yay for the fantastic progesterone number! Let us know when you test. It sounds very promising.

Ooh Steph that's great! Fingers crossed for you. Have you tested?

Lemonade I'll be thinking of you over the next 2 weeks. I really hope all the Christmas fun makes it fly past!

Hi to everyone else, I hope no-one minds me calling in occasionally, you girls kept me sane(ish) and I really want to see you all get your BFPs too.x

I'm great, no real symptoms except quit sore boobs but got a 2-3 weeks this morning! It's still sinking in but we told our parents last night so it's getting a bit more real.

Awe Lovecakes thats so great! I cant wait to join the bfp club lol. Af did arrive this morning. I did ovulate two days late this month so that makes sense. But thats ok I still have some promising news with the new doc coming so it is what it is! :)

Hi girls! I hope you are all having a good week.

Sorry to hear AF showed, Steph. But its wonderful that you are ovulating, and also have your FS appointment soon!
Lemonade, good luck in the TWW! Fx for you this cycle! :)
Skarcm, how are you doing this cycle? How long are you doing unmedicated cycles for?
Lovecakes of course please keep posting here! It will be nice to hear from you, and it gives me some hope that I will join the clomid BFP club too. It must have been amazing to tell your parents that you're expecting. I can't wait for that moment!
Hopeful, I hope you are doing well! How have you been feeling?

AFM I had my FS followup appointment yesterday. I will do progesterone bloods tomorrow to see if the cd 25 pains were ov pains. My doctor said as I did ovulate once on 100mg, that he feels confident that I just need a higher dose to ovulate consistently on clomid. So he is starting me on 150 mg next. BUT first I have to take a 2 month break from clomid-their clinic has recommendations, which I hate that, that after 3 months on meds I should take a 2 month break. So I don't think I'll be back on clomid until February, I fell like that wait will be torture! But I will do as he says...we will try naturally until February. I hope you girls don't mind me posting here in the meantime! My husband and I are going on a beach vacay over Christmas break, so maybe a vacation will get my hormones in line again, who knows.
I asked the FS about next steps and he said that after 2 ovulating cycles if we still don't conceive, we will do clomid with IUI, and if I still don't ovulate on a higher dose of clomid he will start me on injectables. It feels good to have a plan.
:dust: to everyone, I hope we have some more BFPs in this thread soon!

Steph: sorry AF showed up.

Trina: I am on CD14 and am just trying to follow my body. I started OPK's on CD11 and today it was either positive or very close to positive. I am waiting to see what it looks like tomorrow before I log it on FF. Yesterday I had pretty good amounts of EWCM twice so I'm hoping these are all good signs that my body is going to ovulate on its own. DH and I have been BD'ing every other day so hoping that will be good enough. I don't want to stress this cycle or get to caught up in everything that TTC brings. I'm just hoping for a wonderful "homemade" Christmas present.

Bleeding a fair bit :(
Been brown/ pink spotting since Monday today it turned red and heavy, doc said not much can be done- if it gets really painful go to hospital, if not just have to wait til next week to scan and see if he's still in there.

Oh Hopeful I'm so sorry to hear that, it must be so stressful for you. Chin up, and I have everything crossed for you that it's just some early pregnancy bleeding, and your little bean will be just fine at your scan! Xx

Well after 3.5 hours at hospital results are inconclusive.
Hcg was quite low at 250 (considering my first positive pt was 14 days ago) she said from exam there was alot of bleeding but cervix is definitely closed and she couldn't see any "product of pregnancy" coming from cervix. She said with that hcg nothing would show on an ultrasound so no point checking so just sit tight someone will call me in a few days to check me again?
I know that hcg is really low considering a few days ago I got the 2-3 on a cb digi which is from 2000-20000 and she said "there can be variations on hcg tested in different ways" I'm so annoyed I KNOW it's over I'm heavily bleeding and cramping so bad and now Dave thinks I'm still pregnant cos of what she said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->