Anyone else struggling with sciatica at work?

DLA

1st Time Mom & lovin it!
Reaction score
I had sciatica last time but it's back with a vengance! Really has been intolerable lately. I have a desk job which I would normally consider myself lucky but I think sitting in an office chair may actually be worse for it ? I have a yoga mat in my office and have to do stretches literally every hour. The pain is so bad. Anyone have any suggestions? I can't go to a chiropractor because it's super expensive with my insurance ( although i pay just deal with the expense because I can't take much more!).

What stretch works the best at relieving pain? Literally feels like theres a knot or pinch in my ass and leg that no matter how much stretching I do, I can't stretch it out and relieve the pain!

I would love to know some answers to this also,Ive been signed of sick for a week as its been so bad. I've been on the gym ball and swimming which seems to help a little. x

I know exactly how you feel. I am unable to sit for 10 minutes without having to stand up and move about. :(
I spoke to my chiropractor and he gave me a pelvic support belt and it has definitely improved my pain, not solved but improved. you can order these online. he also recommended bringing the gym ball to work, I am not sure of bringing anymore attention to my self but if it keeps up I will have to.

Why not get one of the larger sized exercise balls and use that instead of your chair? One of the ladies in my office did that and swore it helped. I will be trying it in a few weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->