Anyone else trying for no. 2 in Jan 2016?

Aren't cravings funny! :) ooh maltesers! Yum! During my pregnancy I craved ice blocks! Just plain old ice.. so I used to buy a drink from macdonalds and tip it out and crunch the ice! Haha also mars bars, milk and nectarines. Too bad nectarines didn't come into season until after he was born. And I don't like plain milk.. but at the end of my pregnancy I was chugging it down! Lol.

I wonder what all of our cravings will be next pregnancy

Yes I liked crunching ice too... but defo preferred my chocolate fix from crunching maltesers, wow can't believe you don't have them in America! But then I know you have lots of other yummy chocolate things that we don't have here from what I've heard.

I hope I have more healthy cravings like pears and nectarines next time, that would defo help with the baby weight!

*sigh* I just want to be preggers again now. MY sister has just announced her pregnancy and it's made me even more broody!

xx

Oh no :( My sister had a baby a couple of weeks ago.. her 6th, mind you! And I'm going to a baby shower for twin girls this weekend.. It's not helping the WTT!

As much as you're happy for them, it still hurts when it's what you want so bad!

Oh yes, let us hope for healthy cravings!

6, wow!! I hope you have fun at the baby shower this weekend. I'm ok really about my sis as knew she was trying and hoped that there would be enough of a gap that they wouldn't be compared if you know what I mean? Guess a teeny bit jealous more of it being her first and how super and exciting that pregnancy journey is...

Well my LO climbed out of her cot last night :cry: finally got her to sleep on a mattress on the floor at 10pm...and then she woke at 4! Hoping to get her bed built this eve ready for bedtime. Sometimes I feel so tired already I think how on earth will I manage being pregnant/having two?!

xx

My cravings were rolos. I ate sooooo many!

I actually lost weight during the first trimester, too. Didn't suffer with morning sickness, but just didn't have a big appetite. Gained a little during the second, and gained a load during the third!

I'm hoping I don't gain as much this time around, I was starving all the time by the end, though!!

Eeeeek......I've just ordered a basal thermometer, ovulation tests and pregnancy tests. I've never used them before as I fell pregnant so quickly with ds1. We weren't really trying with him, just seeing if something happened. This time around I'm paranoid about it taking a long time. I have no idea why!! I stopped taking the pill a week and a half ago, had my withdrawal period, now waiting for my next one so that I can start tracking afterwards.

It's all a bit confusing at the moment, but I'm sure there will be instructions with the pack I've ordered, and I've signed up with fertility friends and have had a look around the app (finding that a little confusing at the moment, too - I think my brain is having Sunday off!!). Would love to fall pregnant end of Jan/beginning of Feb as Dh's birthday is beginning of March and would love to tell him via a birthday present from bump!!

Hi all. I hope you don't mind me joining. DH has finally decided he wants to ttc # 2. We're still discussing when we will have my iud out. We both want to asap as we're both ready and want a small-ish age gap but we have just brought our first home and are due to move in 8 days and are worried about finances when I (eventually) have to go off work again.

Eeeeek......I've just ordered a basal thermometer, ovulation tests and pregnancy tests. I've never used them before as I fell pregnant so quickly with ds1. We weren't really trying with him, just seeing if something happened. This time around I'm paranoid about it taking a long time. I have no idea why!! I stopped taking the pill a week and a half ago, had my withdrawal period, now waiting for my next one so that I can start tracking afterwards.

It's all a bit confusing at the moment, but I'm sure there will be instructions with the pack I've ordered, and I've signed up with fertility friends and have had a look around the app (finding that a little confusing at the moment, too - I think my brain is having Sunday off!!). Would love to fall pregnant end of Jan/beginning of Feb as Dh's birthday is beginning of March and would love to tell him via a birthday present from bump!!

I could have written this myself! My son was an "Accident" but we were NTNP, so happened easily, and I am so stressed that for some reason things won't be as easy this time! I am currently on day 4 of my first natural period since stopping the pill last month. I actually started tracking my temp 10 days after my withdrawal period ended, and it still told me when I ovulated, so I knew around when to expect my period :) It's worth trying now! I really thought I wouldn't ovulate forages for some reason, but I did, and my cycle was 33 days long, from day 1 of my withdrawal bleed after stopping the pill , til my period started. It only took me 20 days to ovulate, so I expect it to be sooner this cycle with no birth control in my system.

I never got a positive opk, but obviously was my first time using them. I will try again this month, but will trust temps more than them. It is confusing at first, but you'll get the hang of it quickly! I feel a lot less lost only after 1 cycle of this tracking stuff haha

Good luck!! It's all exciting! :happydance:

Hi all. I hope you don't mind me joining. DH has finally decided he wants to ttc # 2. We're still discussing when we will have my iud out. We both want to asap as we're both ready and want a small-ish age gap but we have just brought our first home and are due to move in 8 days and are worried about finances when I (eventually) have to go off work again.

Hi, and welcome! :flower:

It's such a shame that money these days had such an impact on having children! 40-50 years ago (or not even that!) so many women were SAHMs with 4 or 5 kids, and it was normal.. Now it's so different and we are expected to work, keep a house in shape, parent, and be wives, all at once :wacko: haha

I think these things have a way of working themselves out! So many people do it, so I try not to stress. We have lived off a lot less than what we have now, and we managed and our son knew no different :) Although, last week my son put a pair of socks on with holes (I didn't know haha) and went to a sleep over with my MIL and he told her "Mum has no money for socks"! Oh my goodness! He has about 20 pairs WITHOUT holes :dohh: I laughed it off, but it made me wonder if he actually thinks we don't have money! I guess that's what we get for telling him we can't afford to buy him much for his birthday presents because we just bought a new lawn mower, but we did it so he'd be surprised instead of expecting it :haha:

Anyway, I'm rambling!

Hi!
Yes money is a massive part of every decision most people make these days. It's horrible that it's the way society is these days. It's not that another baby will cost us heaps - I plan to breast feed again, it's more that were used to living "comfortably" on two wages and DH stresses when we're just on his (is he doing enough over time). I think we're just going to go for it though. Even if we can save $100 per week before I go off of work it'll help cover costs of living.

Oh, I started temping before we conceived DS mainly to try and get the gist of it and to help track my periods while we were ntnp but fell pregnant fairly quickly and I'd only started temping for 1.5 months but I was starting to like it and once you start you pick it up pretty quickly.

:( plans have changed a little. I've been offered a temporary role in work for 9-12 months starting March/April. It is too good an offer to turn down, but means we will delay ttc for a few months. Instead starting to try in January, we will now start around June/July. It is not a huge delay, less than 6 months, but still feel a little fed up!! Will still be staring to track temperature/ovulation from as soon as the things arrive (maybe tomorrow) so will know what my body's doing by the time we start ttc. Another bonus is that I'll be working an extra day or so a week, so my maternity pay will then be higher!

It will give us time and the chance to save a little more for when baby arrives. We've kept everything from ds1 so there's a lot we won't need to buy again, but there are a few bits that will be needed and then money to top up my maternity pay.

I'm still going to follow this thread because I'd love to see how everyone else is getting on :)

I am sorry for the delay oneday. I hope you enjoy your job and it helps pass the time.

Aww sorry for the delay Oneday :hugs: it's frustrating when you're finally all set and then have to postpone. But congrats on the new job! Like Krissie says, hopefully you'll be enjoying it so much that it will make the time fly. Defo think it's a good idea to carry on temping so you know where you're at, I'm finding that it's help keeping baby fever at bay for me a little in that I'm doing something and not just waiting, if that makes sense?! xx

Sorry to hear that Oneday. It's good that you're looking at the positives, like higher maternity pay and more time to save! :)

What is everyone doing to help pass the time while WTT? I know Jan isn't far away, but I am feeling VERY broody today! lol

Sorry your having to postpone ttc Oneday. At least your looking at the positives and the higher maternity pay will definitely help. The temping and charting will also help you know your cycle pattern really well and hopefully you will be able to catch the first egg when June/July comes :winkwink:

We have looked at our finances and even with buying our first house we will still be able to live off of one wage. :happydance: I am going to make an appointment to get this IUD out after our move next week and will then wait for AF to come. I'm not sure if I'm going to temp or use ovulation tests. Hubby doesn't want the pressure of them but I want the reassurance of knowing when/if I ovulate.

Great news babydoll!

As far as things to pass the time I am working on house projects inside. We are replacing doors, painting, adding in some built in shelves, ect. So lots of things to keep me busy. I am also trying to lose weight and focusing a lot on that goal.

I have been feeling broody lately and thinking of ttc this next cycle but I know we need to wait. Only 11 weeks for us!

That's fab news Babydoll :) is there a lot you want to do to your new home?

Mumma, I'm sooooo broody at the moment too! I think it's cos my daughter turns two a week today so I'm thinking back to this time two years ago...

But her birthday and trying to be organised for Christmas this year has kept me pretty busy. Also trying to get my cycles straight (waiting for AF to show to try some new Chinese herbs!) and temping. Also trying to lose about half a stone and get some stuff finished in the house - want this pregnancy to be as stress free as poss as last time we had a lot going on.

Happy Thanksgiving to you ladies celebrating! Anyone doing anything extra nice this weekend to mark it? Think we're now more aware of it in the UK because Black Friday has started to become a thing here. Hubby and I are off for a night away just the two of us and I can't wait!

xx

Sounds like you will be busy Krissie with the house projects.

Scarlett; there's not a lot we want to do to the house. We want to put in a few extra internet ports, another airconditioner in as we live in Queensland, Australia and eventually we want to re do the gardens in the front and back yard.
How exciting your little ones 2nd birthday.

You sound very similar to me Scarlett! I am doing things around the house to keep me occupied, and my son turned 6 on Tuesday :( He's getting too big! The poor darling is very sick right now.. This mumma needs a nap as I was up at least once every hour last night with him throwing up :sleep: I think the vomiting has finally stopped after about 20 hours :thumbup: If it starts again we may need a trip to the ER for an IV for fluids. I am hoping not as DP is on night shift tonight, so I would have to handle it alone, and poor little DS is so tired, he won't want to go there for a long wait (It's Friday night here).

Christmas will keep me busy now that my son's birthday is over with.. And then it will be ttc time!!! Woohoo!!

That's fantastic News Babydoll!

Oh no Mumma, is he better now? Hope you managed to catch up on some sleep over the weekend! Hope you managed to celebrate his birthday before he got poorly.

Well this time two years ago I was in labour...and thinking about it all (minus the being in a lot of pain part :haha:) has made me v broody! AF came the day hubby and I set off for our weekend away, typical! But I'm feeling more positive this cycle as I've got some Chinese herbs I'm starting tonight. I'm sure they helped last time to get my BFP so really hoping they'll help this time get my cycle straight!

How's everyone else doing? Guessing for some of you it's only one more cycle to go before ttc?!

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->