Anyone else unexplained RPL?

Rachel789

Reaction score
I had my third loss in a row all happening in 2015. 9 weeks, 16 weeks, 8 weeks. My most recent one was just before Christmas. My first pregnancy was perfect and I have a 2 year old dd. I have had every test done and we can't find any reason, it's so frustrating. I don't get how I can have a baby then loose 3 in a row. We are at a crossroad now, if I have two more losses we decided we will give up on another baby which is such a heartbreaking scary thing for me because I desperately want to give my dd a sibling but this is too hard on us. My RE wants me to try lovenox (blood thinner daily shots) my next pregnancy because he said it can't hurt but might help. I am not thrilled at the idea of giving myself shots every day but I will do what I have to at this point. Just wondering if anyone is in the same boat.

It's been almost 7 weeks since my last mc and I am still having bleeding off and on which is stressful. Praying I don't have retained tissue. I will be seeing my dr Monday to see what's going on. Will this mc ever end?!? :growlmad:

Rachel I am so sorry that you are going through this. My heart goes out to you.
I had my third MC in a row last Thursday and I am wondering if I will ever become a mother. I am having tests soon and I worry that no cause will be found.

My surgeon who did my D&C last week said to me about blood thinners and how I should have been on them along with baby asprin. Maybe that's something they try as perhaps it can help? Have you been tested for NK cells? My cousin had no joy with the NHS. Said she had no problems but then went private and found out she had high levels of NK cells. She is now pregnant again after 3 losses and so far so good. I am going to go private if nothing comes up as I don't believe that 3 in a row is down to 'bad luck' as people keep saying.
Wishing you all the best and hope you get the support and treatment you need for your next pregnancy :flower:

Rachel I am so sorry that you are going through this. My heart goes out to you.
I had my third MC in a row last Thursday and I am wondering if I will ever become a mother. I am having tests soon and I worry that no cause will be found.

My surgeon who did my D&C last week said to me about blood thinners and how I should have been on them along with baby asprin. Maybe that's something they try as perhaps it can help? Have you been tested for NK cells? My cousin had no joy with the NHS. Said she had no problems but then went private and found out she had high levels of NK cells. She is now pregnant again after 3 losses and so far so good. I am going to go private if nothing comes up as I don't believe that 3 in a row is down to 'bad luck' as people keep saying.
Wishing you all the best and hope you get the support and treatment you need for your next pregnancy :flower:

I am so sorry for your losses as well. No one should ever have to endure this pain.

I am hoping the blood thinner shot will work. I took baby aspirin last time but obviously that didn't make a difference. The tests I have had done are: genetics on dh and I, auto immune/clotting disorders, infections, homocysteine, various hormones such as thyroid ect, insulin, saline sonos, hysteroscopy, and we had my 16 week loss tested and he was normal. I asked about NK cells and he said he has given me treatment for it last time and again this time which is a 20 day course of doxycycline (I didn't know it was for NK cells I thought just in case I had an infection but he said it helps both). While ttc I take femera, trigger shot, and progesterone starting 3 dpo.

I don't know what else we can do at this point but give the lovenox a try. I just hate that we don't have a true fix and I have to just pray something works.

I read a theory about super fertility and links to unexplained RPL. My dd took a year to conceive but my 3 losses were all conceived the first try. The theory is women who fall pregnant easily are too accepting of bad embryos where normal women will pass on the unhealthy ones more often and they won't even implant. I wonder if there is anything to that? If it were the case it would just be a numbers game to get a healthy one. Do you get pregnant easily?

I am so anxious to start ttc again but my mc is dragging. Still waiting for hcg to go back to normal and get a period and it's been about 7 weeks. Such a painfully slow process.

Thank you :hugs: It is the worst thing ever. Just feel so sad and hurt. I can't believe it keeps happening.

I have read that the asprin should be taken with the blood thinners as its more effective that way. So hopefully the thinners will help 😊 I would be worried about taking them because I have von willebrands disease where my blood doesnt clot quick enough. So unsure if they are a good idea. Will have to ask my gyne.

You have had so many tests. You must be feeling exhausted with it all. I have all this to come. First appointment is a week Tuesday.

You have been through so much. Loosing your little boy at 16 weeks is so unfair. Life can be so cruel. I wish for you to have your rainbow one day soon. You truely deserve that happiness and joy.

That's good you were being treated for NK cells. Strange how they don't say though. I have heard good things about lovenox. A lady on you tube had 6 losses and the lovenox helped her to carry to term.

I have also heard about hyper fertility and it is a very interesting theory. Makes you wonder, there may be some truth. I have never got pregnant first try. First time was 4 months, then the next time 3 months, which I thought was fairly quick. But the third time took me 9! Which I thought was a long time for me. I blamed the D&C and also the fact I had cervicitus. The month it was treated I fell pregnant.

I know how you feel about ttc. I would love to in a way but Me and DH have made the decision to stop until all of our testing is done which will be months as we are having genetic tests done too. If we are an unexplained case then I have no idea what we will do. See what they recommend I guess. Probably try the blood thinners if I can .
Hope your AF arrives soon. I am still bleeding from my D&C. Last time my period arrived 29 days after. Hoping it's the same this time but not sure as the bleeding is lasting longer. Last time I only bled for 5 days :wacko:

Thank you :hugs: It is the worst thing ever. Just feel so sad and hurt. I can't believe it keeps happening.

I have read that the asprin should be taken with the blood thinners as its more effective that way. So hopefully the thinners will help 😊 I would be worried about taking them because I have von willebrands disease where my blood doesnt clot quick enough. So unsure if they are a good idea. Will have to ask my gyne.

You have had so many tests. You must be feeling exhausted with it all. I have all this to come. First appointment is a week Tuesday.

You have been through so much. Loosing your little boy at 16 weeks is so unfair. Life can be so cruel. I wish for you to have your rainbow one day soon. You truely deserve that happiness and joy.

That's good you were being treated for NK cells. Strange how they don't say though. I have heard good things about lovenox. A lady on you tube had 6 losses and the lovenox helped her to carry to term.

I have also heard about hyper fertility and it is a very interesting theory. Makes you wonder, there may be some truth. I have never got pregnant first try. First time was 4 months, then the next time 3 months, which I thought was fairly quick. But the third time took me 9! Which I thought was a long time for me. I blamed the D&C and also the fact I had cervicitus. The month it was treated I fell pregnant.

I know how you feel about ttc. I would love to in a way but Me and DH have made the decision to stop until all of our testing is done which will be months as we are having genetic tests done too. If we are an unexplained case then I have no idea what we will do. See what they recommend I guess. Probably try the blood thinners if I can .
Hope your AF arrives soon. I am still bleeding from my D&C. Last time my period arrived 29 days after. Hoping it's the same this time but not sure as the bleeding is lasting longer. Last time I only bled for 5 days :wacko:

I hope the waiting through all the tests doesn't take too long for you. Hopefully if they find something wrong there is a fix for you so you can finally have your rainbow baby :hugs:

I am concerned I have retained tissue and the wait will be even longer than I originally anticipated to ttc again. It's always something. If God forbid I have another mc I will opt for a d and c. The first time I took meds to induce it was very straight forward but last time and probably again this time I had retained tissue. Last time they were able to suction it out during a hysteroscopy so I didn't need surgery. Hopefully they can do the same this time so I don't need a d and c after all this time.

Thank you Rachel :hugs:

Really hoping you have not got retained tissue. I know that can happen. If so they may try misoprosotol if not joy then a D&C will be needed as you know.

I have had two D&Cs and I can honestly say they were so easy. Only a few little period cramps after and not much bleeding. I am still spotting just over a week later but only enough for a panty liner.

Hope you mange to escape it though and that things sort themselves out very soon.

Have you taken a pregnancy test recently to see if he HCG is out of your system? If they are still showing lines there is most likely retained tissue. I am going to test next week, so two weeks after my op as it should be out by then as my baby only grew to 7 weeks. Really hoping its negative. Literally all of my pregnancy symtoms have gone so I'm hoping so.

Keep me updated :flower:

Have you tried a second dose of cytoyec (or a first if you haven't had one)?

I took my first dose last week after a mmc (7 wk growth at 10 wks). I passed most tissue in 2 days, and stopped bleeding after 3 more. Yesterday I had a GUSH of blood and passed more tissue. It made quite the mess since I was just wearing a panty liner, not a pad. I called my midwife about taking a second dose and she said to go ahead. It is often prescribed to expel retained tissue and stop excessive bleeding after live birth. I took one more dose last night and the bleeding and passing of clots increased a bit. Today bleeding is down to spotting and bloody cervical mucous! It's actually mucous not just blood! Might be worth asking about. Good luck!

Thank you Rachel :hugs:

Really hoping you have not got retained tissue. I know that can happen. If so they may try misoprosotol if not joy then a D&C will be needed as you know.

I have had two D&Cs and I can honestly say they were so easy. Only a few little period cramps after and not much bleeding. I am still spotting just over a week later but only enough for a panty liner.

Hope you mange to escape it though and that things sort themselves out very soon.

Have you taken a pregnancy test recently to see if he HCG is out of your system? If they are still showing lines there is most likely retained tissue. I am going to test next week, so two weeks after my op as it should be out by then as my baby only grew to 7 weeks. Really hoping its negative. Literally all of my pregnancy symtoms have gone so I'm hoping so.

Keep me updated :flower:

My dr always follows my betas to zero post mcs. My first took over 7 weeks to get to zero and my levels were 68k to start. My 2nd took 6 weeks to get to zero not sure what they were to start with that time but I was 16 weeks along. This time my hcg was 156k to start so very high and expected to take quite awhile to go to zero. They were down to 14 as of last week so almost there.

I am 95% sure I finally started my period yesterday. It was actually heavy flow and cramps so hopefully once my period is gone the bleeding will finally stop. I see my dr Monday so I will ask for an ultrasound to make sure all looks cleared out.

Have you tried a second dose of cytoyec (or a first if you haven't had one)?

I took my first dose last week after a mmc (7 wk growth at 10 wks). I passed most tissue in 2 days, and stopped bleeding after 3 more. Yesterday I had a GUSH of blood and passed more tissue. It made quite the mess since I was just wearing a panty liner, not a pad. I called my midwife about taking a second dose and she said to go ahead. It is often prescribed to expel retained tissue and stop excessive bleeding after live birth. I took one more dose last night and the bleeding and passing of clots increased a bit. Today bleeding is down to spotting and bloody cervical mucous! It's actually mucous not just blood! Might be worth asking about. Good luck!

I took cytotec twice two days apart. I am pretty sure I just started my period yesterday so hopefully that flushes out anything that may have been left behind!

Sadly docs here dont seem to to do that. I will have to take a pregnancy test and just see if it's negative to check. Gosh your HCG was very high. Glad you are almost there now.

Sounds like your period is here which is great news! I'm sure that it will flush anything out that is left over. Hope ultrasound shows hat you are all clear and that you get the green light to ttc again :flower:

Sadly docs here dont seem to to do that. I will have to take a pregnancy test and just see if it's negative to check. Gosh your HCG was very high. Glad you are almost there now.

Sounds like your period is here which is great news! I'm sure that it will flush anything out that is left over. Hope ultrasound shows hat you are all clear and that you get the green light to ttc again :flower:

Depending how high your hcg was to start with it can take awhile for it to go back down so don't worry if it still shows positive.

I am hoping my period flushes everything out. TMI it's much heavier and crampier than usual and this morning I passed a big clot and I never really have clots and cramps during my periods so that tells me I still had more to pass. Hoping this is the end of everything finally!

Ok. Thank you. I will test next weekend so just over two weeks post D&C. If there is still a line I will try a week later and so on.

Sounds like you had more to pass. But it sounds like it is all passing now. Hoping this is the end of it now for you 😊

Have you checked zinc/copper ratio and homocysteine? Zinc and copper imbalances can mimic estrogen dominance. If homocysteine is over 10, a woman is 38%more likely to miscarry and that increases with the homocysteine levels. I know you said EVERYTHING but those were a few my midwife didn't think to check until I asked.

Have you checked zinc/copper ratio and homocysteine? Zinc and copper imbalances can mimic estrogen dominance. If homocysteine is over 10, a woman is 38%more likely to miscarry and that increases with the homocysteine levels. I know you said EVERYTHING but those were a few my midwife didn't think to check until I asked.

I know I had homocysteine tested and it was normal but I don't think I had zinc/copper tested, that's interesting. I will have to do more research on that and ask my dr. Thanks!

My last blood draw showed my hcg is back to negative. I am so relieved to finally officially have this mc behind me. My bleeding is finally stopping too. It's about time!

That has to be a relief! I'm glad things are getting back to normal with your hormones.

My midwife ordered my hcg test and said I could go into the lab 3-4 weeks after the miscarriage. Tomorrow would be 3 weeks and while bleeding has stopped, I think I will wait one more week. The idea of having another positive pregnancy test when I KNOW I'm not pregnant is just excruciating to me.

I agree theiska. I am not going to test until Thursday (if the tests arrive in time) which will be three weeks after. I am still spotting quite a bit which is very frustrating.
Hoping the tests are negative now

It's so frustrating having positive tests when you aren't pregnant. I hope both of you get negative results when you test.

Thank you Rachel.

Had my appointment today. Only test I am having is a hysteroscopy as all my bloods are clear. Genetics test is still low back.
Hysteroscopy isnt for another three and a half months. But they are trying to get me an earlier appointment. Fingers crossed

Thank you Rachel.

Had my appointment today. Only test I am having is a hysteroscopy as all my bloods are clear. Genetics test is still low back.
Hysteroscopy isnt for another three and a half months. But they are trying to get me an earlier appointment. Fingers crossed

I really hope they are able to move it up earlier for you. I had a hysteroscopy done and the procedure was very easy and I thought it was so cool to be able to see the inside of my uterus!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->