Anyone else want to fast forward the next 12 months

Babeonthego

Reaction score
Omg the baby stage is so so so so hard. My 3 week old is so unsettled after feeding that it takes me 2 hrs to settle him at which point he sleeps for half an hour and is then up wanting his next feed.

I'm sure there's something wrong. Thinking silent reflux but not sure. Symptoms are arching back, crying in discomfort from what appears to be trapped wind. So rigid at time. Brings legs up to tummy and grunts alot.

It's difficult to know as he has had an operation on his bowel. Poor wee soldier.

I'm just feeling so guilty for my toddler at the min and don't want to resent my little one its just so hard all the time and he's only been home for a week. Please help as I'm just crying all the time, feel like I'm missing out on precious time with my toddler :(

Hi honey,

I'm afraid I can't be of much help but didn't want to read and run. I have a couple of friends with reflux babies and the arching back / crying / short sleeps are def symptoms they described. I think you should contact your doc anyway to be sure, better to reassure yourself.

Maybe try propping up one end of the moses basket (so it's on a very slight angle and isn't completely flat). Midwife suggested this when she thought lo had wind issues early on.

Hope you get some rest soon and please try not to feel guilty about your toddler, a couple of cuddles and it'll be fine. I'm sure you're doing a great job!

:hugs:

Aww, Hun, I absolutely sympathise. My youngest was the same when feeding and it was a complete nightmare. He was eventually diagnosed as having reflux and was on a combination of gaviscon and ranitidine. We also did a couple of weeks with Omeprazole which did nothing. Thankfully the ranitidine did the trick and feeding slowly became a pleasure rather than a massive chore. Go to your doctor and don't give up as some GP's do try and fob u off xx

Yup! Meee!! I can't wait for her to get bigger and out of this newborn crap stage! I want to sleeeeeppppp lol

Ughh yes! I've been waiting for sleep since she was newborn and still it seems like as soon as things get good they get worse terribly worse....I can't wait til I'm looking back and actually miss these baby days. My daughter has made me rethink ever having another baby....if I do I'm making OH be the stay at home parent!!!!

:hugs:

Have you spoken with a doctor/HV about your baby's symptoms? That does sound a lot like reflux and he may really benefit from a ranitidine prescription.

Things are sooo much better when the second baby gets mobile. It does sound like yours has a health issue, poor baby and poor you. A bowel operation too? Aww :-(

I'm due with my second this week and I'm dreading the newborn stage. I would love to fast forward the first 6 months. Hoping it will be easier this time but who knows.

Have you tried baby massage? Even bending the baby's legs and moving them in a clockwise direction might help it a bit with wind. I think also rubbing his left side in a downward motion can help as that's where the large intestine is.

A lot of babies improve after 3 months when their digestive systems mature so I hope things get easier for you soon.

I used to cry a lot with sleep deprivation with my first. On the upside, I think tears are a better way to express it than anger. It's what you have to do to get through it. It will all get easier, you're just going through a difficult stage. Good luck!

I'd pop to your GP/paed first off to chat about his symptoms, but sounds like you've all had a rough ride already. I've found having two gets easier at about the 6 week mark, once the littlun has started to feed a bit less and the toddler has started to accept the changes.

A stretchy wrap has saved my sanity, number two sleeps happily in it (she has reflux, is pn meds but still settles best when held upright, nice and tight in the wrap like being swaddled with the movement of me doing housework or playing) leaving my hands free to play with number one. And now the little one has a few more awake times she can sit in her chair while I get bits dine with toddler...like bath etc.

You're doing great mama xxxx

Yes, yes, yes!!!
Not a fan of the baby stage at all. Been there once and never wanted to repeat it. I can't wait until he's older and more independent.

Oh my yes, can't wait to get out this newborn stage....its so hard especially with two x

It does sound like reflux, my first had it and was on gaviscon which helped her. See your GP hun x

Nooooo, currently in terrible twos with older boy at the mo(OMG @ these tantrums :hissy:)

MUCH prefer the baby stage, boob fixes everything, lol!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->