Anyone ever been pregnant but had a negative hpt till really late?

Status
Not open for further replies.

josephine3

Reaction score
:wacko:I ask because I simply feel pregnant. I did get my last period on time, but it was much lighter and shorter than usual. I have an empty, sicky feeling every morning for past 2 weeks, which only goes away when I eat. I have a full, heavy feeling in my belly, cramps, headaches, backache, acne and have gained 3lbs!! I have yawned my way through the past week and just want to sleep!

However I am still getting negative hpts. AAARRRGGGGHHH. I cant explain it other than Im going crazy.
I looked up online for stories of women who are pregnant but they dont test positive by urine or blood until months along or even not at all!

What do I do, and when do I see my doctor if I still feel pregnant? They will think Im mad Im sure.
Have any of you ladies ever been pregnant and not got your positive test until really late??Please help Im going crazy over here.. Im not imagining the strange movement in my tummy Im sure. I even saw it twinge one time..If i was pregnant I would be about 5wks, 6 days. Any help is appreciated!!

:flower:

i took several tests over the weeks and didn't get a bfp til about 5w5d. idk if that is late, lol. and i had symptoms, I knew I was freaking pg!

Thanks for the reply! I believe I am about that now! I hope it will work soon!

Yeah with both of my 1st and 2nd pregnancy i didnt get a postive pregnancy test till i was 2 weeks late with my 3rd pregnancy (ended in mc) i got a postive the day before my period was due and then this pregnancy i got a postive 5 days before my period was due xx

Definitely holding out hope then. Will re-test in a week!!! Scared in the meantime though..

I tested at 14 days late & got a BFN, tested again at 16 days late & BFP!!!

It is possible, but unlikely. Maybe you should have some bloods drawn? That way you can put your mind at ease?? GL!!

Its possible, but unlikely.. Last month I felt so pregnant, just as I remembered feeling with my last LO. I even got a positive test with breastmilk instead of wee. I wasn't PG though... I don't feel pregnant at all this month but I am.. :wacko:
If it isn't your month this month then I wish you all the best for next month. :dust:

Thanks ladies! I am due to have a 'day 21 progeesterone test' to see i I ovulate soon - i looked online and apparently progesterone skyrockets during pregnancy - so i am hoping to see a high level!! I dont want to ask for a hcg blood test as last time i was told that hpts are accurate... but hoping the progesterone will come back high and they will automaticlly test for pregnancy.. thanks for the support!! hope to be joining you all here more permanently very soon!!

Please don't hate me but it doesn't sound like you are pregnant. You had a period just over a week ago and negative hpts since. I would expect that your body is slowly gearing up to ovulation.

Do you track your temperatures? If you don't yet, it might help you understand what is going on and when. I know that with me I actually missed my fertile window until I temped and realised I often ovulated a little later than the usual mid cycle.

There is also no way that you could see movement on your belly at 5 weeks as there is no movement to see. Until 5.5 weeks you can't even detect a heartbeat and the baby isn't even 1mm in length.
I know I'm a party pooper for telling you all this, but I do hope you will fall pregnant with your baby soon. I just think it is torture to think you are pregnant when you are most probably not. Big :hug: and all the best, hon :dust:

Please don't hate me but it doesn't sound like you are pregnant. You had a period just over a week ago and negative hpts since. I would expect that your body is slowly gearing up to ovulation.

Do you track your temperatures? If you don't yet, it might help you understand what is going on and when. I know that with me I actually missed my fertile window until I temped and realised I often ovulated a little later than the usual mid cycle.

There is also no way that you could see movement on your belly at 5 weeks as there is no movement to see. Until 5.5 weeks you can't even detect a heartbeat and the baby isn't even 1mm in length.
I know I'm a party pooper for telling you all this, but I do hope you will fall pregnant with your baby soon. I just think it is torture to think you are pregnant when you are most probably not. Big :hug: and all the best, hon :dust:

Sorry to OP but I have to agree with this. Its very unlikely you are pregnant, pregnancy tests are very accurate these days. Remember, the number one symptom of pregnancy is a missed period, so if you don't have that you most likely arent pregnant. GL and lots of :dust: to you, I hope you get that positive soon. x

Also, I do get that it wouldnt be 'baby' moving yet but there is something going on in there i tell you!!! thanks for replies xx

i didnt get my positive hpt until 9 weeks after my period, doctor said my hcg obv just took its time rising and i had tested 7 weeks after(which would have made me 4-5 wks preg) now im about 7 weeks! keep testing xxxxxxxx

i didnt get my positive hpt until 9 weeks after my period, doctor said my hcg obv just took its time rising and i had tested 7 weeks after(which would have made me 4-5 wks preg) now im about 7 weeks! keep testing xxxxxxxx

Im not sure I understand.. U mean u got a negative 7 weeks since ur last period, and u are measuring the pregnancy weeks from conception? Cos otherwise im confused sorry! Thanx for the support tho!

I would keep my fingers crossed that next month might be your month instead hun xx :hugs:

I just have to add again, that I know it wouldnt be baby moving yet, but surely the uterus is still contracting and expanding, filling with blood etc and is it not possible that i can feel some of this? I know you're only trying to help and I didnt take offence but i DID see something!!! whether it was pregnancy related or not, who can say but I did see and feel movements in my uterus area.
:flower:

my last period was august 9th, my expected period was 20th sep as i have very long cycles...i tested the day of my expected period, the week after and the week after that(2weeks late at this point) and was getting negatives, i finally got a positive hpt 3 weeks after my period would have been due...

which would make me 6-7 weeks pregnant depending on when i ovualted, as i said my cycles are pretty wacky so i just have to wait for my scan to see for definite but i was most certainely very late for AF and getting negative hpts

Thanks jojo!! So it is possible it seems not as rare as I first thought... did u have many symptoms? or spotting? I would love to compare!! thanx xxx

Jo, there certainly is a lot going on in there very quickly - and our digestion can be affected, too, so I agree there can be many things going on in the tummy area :)

Do you know when you ovulated? If there is a chance you ovulated late (say, by a couple of weeks) and you dtd around the later dates then there is a possibility you are very newly pregnant and the lines aren't showing up yet. But, if you tracked ovulation and you are getting negative sensitive tests more than two weeks later then the chances are that even if you were pregnant it would not end well as the hcg levels are not going up fast enough.

I know that sometimes the situation is questionable and I've taken tests after af to make sure, too. This ttc malarkey is much harder than people lead you to believe!

By all means wait a few more days and take another test but also keep up with ttc-ing because if you are not pregnant missing your fertile window would be so annoying! Well, it would be if it was me - I'm not the most patient of people... :haha:

Still wishing you all the best and sending you some :dust:

im quite sure i ovulated late as my cycles have been longer since my mmc in feb... i also had about 10 days where i didnt test at all just to avoid disappointment where i think it would have shown up. when i did do my hpt the result was instant and when i went to the doctor it was the same. last time i was pregnant i didnt get a result until i was 6 weeks pregnant~~(2 weeks late for af) even though it ended in mmc there was a chromosome problem and nothing to do with hcg.

i was very tired and emotional so i thought af was on the way and just bein a bitch lol but then i was feeling queasy in the morning and i got sick last thursday morning so i knew something wasnt right. also i had a few headaches and i was smelling all sorts that wasnt even there...still am!!! my boobs feel like they are on fire ...the main one for me was i was SOOOO bloated and i knew it wasnt something i had eaten or anything like that so i decided i would just take another test to make sure and then i got a positive and took another test the day after and got a positive and then saw the doctor who confirmed it!

i just think our bodies are so amazing we could never begin to understand how they work. and we are all so different, ive spent days on here worrying about things ive seen but now i realise i cant control what happens and i only want people around me who are positive and supportive! i dont need anyone to say what if or it doesnt look good etc, i want to have faith that everything will be ok and if its not ill have to take it as it comes and lean on the people i love to support me if its not! hang in there hun if this isnt your month then we'll all be here to help you to next month xxxxxxxxxxxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->