Anyone ever been pregnant but had a negative hpt till really late?

Status
Not open for further replies.
petipas i love your profile pic lol made me laugh so much!!!!

Jo, I agree with the other poster...keep baby dancing. Hope that you get your bfp soon, but I think that it's extremely rare to be pregnant with a negative hpt.

I was 7 weeks pregnant with 8 negative pregnancy tests before testing positive the day after the doctor scheduled me for blood tests as I was so concerned at missing my period!

Sorry to but I on ur post cuz I am in a similar boat except I haven't got my period. I'm now 7 days late and I thought today I got my period (sorry tmi) wen I wiped I noticed brownish discharge then on the second wipe it was red/brown discharge with like ewcm. I did have mild cramps yesterday for about 5 minutes so I thought well finally af is here. This afternoon I went to toilet again n well there was minimal brown discharge then nothing so I am really confused. I assumed I ovulated around CD17 so I would be now CD38 which is 21dpo. Wen I was 6/7dpo I have the small brown discharge so I thought maybe IB or late ovulation. This is all super confusing and my last hpts were 8dpo n 18dpo n they were both negative. Could there be a chance I am pregnant?

Funny this is with my last cycles I have heaps of symptoms n my boobs hurt so bad n I have all the fake symptoms of pregnancy now this cycle I have had maybe bit stronger sense of smell today, fatigue do to not being able to sleep at night n bowel movements happen more often.

I was about 10 days late before gettting BFP.. kept getting bfn before. Didn't really have any symptoms other than no period!

kept thinking I was just going to be late, very shocked!

Pls feel free to join in TayBabes! I say there is still a chance for you, as like me you have had a strange period... I am still hopeful... so many people saying they didnt test positive till 8, 10 weeks even longer:thumbup:

Also, check out my other thread on this:
https://www.babyandbump.com/trying-...een-pregnant-but-still-have-negative-hpt.html

Another bfn this morning :( I am starting to believe I just didnt ovulate this cycle

I don't think you have to ovulate in order to have a period. Many women skip a month of ovulating but most will continue to have anovulatory bleeding.

I would say that the vast majority of women that get negative HPTs for many days only to get a + HPT afterwards ovulated much later than they thought. I've seen several posts on BNB about negative HPTs that turn into + ones after many days and when they go in for their scans they are usually 1-2 weeks behind what they thought their dates were.

The fact of the matter is that certain HPTs such as First Response are very sensitive and can pick up HCG as low as 12. Heck, I've had a + FR when my HCG was only 6. Since HCG should double every 48 hours I would say that if a woman starts testing at 10 DPO, continues for 3-4 days (14 DPO) and all HPTs have been negative then she is either not pregnant or the pregnancy is not viable.

I say this because at 10 DPO HCG should be at least 5 to be considered pregnant. By 14 DPO it should be at least 20 so by then it should certainly register on a FR HPT. Fertility Friend has a great chart that shows the percentage of women that were really pregnant after repeated negative HPTs and after 11 DPO the chance of being pregnant with a healthy pregnancy drops significantly.

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/Faq...ncy-Test-Before-a-Positive---Stats-Study.html

However, if you think you might have ovulated late then there is a remote possibility you could be pregnant. The best way to know for sure is with a blood test.

Good luck to you!

Hmmm, thanks for the post but I think those charts can be misleading...and there are many many women who got their bfp at well past 14dpo and went on to have healthy pregnancies... honestly, look it up!! I felt similar to you before I investigated and it turns out there are some women who are pregnant and still getting negative hpts all through their pregnancy... i accept this is rare and maybe like you say a lot of the others ovulated late.. but many girls on here know exactly when they ov'd and still didnt get their positive till later than 14 dpo. in my opinion thats far too early to rule out pregnancy.. that may even be before expected period is due!!

Gosh why is it all so confusing. .. thank you for the info and for your post - I am just a little worried about the charts leaving girls with no hope at 11dpo when i think there still is!!

Hmmm, thanks for the post but I think those charts can be misleading...and there are many many women who got their bfp at well past 14dpo and went on to have healthy pregnancies... honestly, look it up!! I felt similar to you before I investigated and it turns out there are some women who are pregnant and still getting negative hpts all through their pregnancy... i accept this is rare and maybe like you say a lot of the others ovulated late.. but many girls on here know exactly when they ov'd and still didnt get their positive till later than 14 dpo. in my opinion thats far too early to rule out pregnancy.. that may even be before expected period is due!!

Gosh why is it all so confusing. .. thank you for the info and for your post - I am just a little worried about the charts leaving girls with no hope at 11dpo when i think there still is!!

I understand you want to hold onto hope and such but its just so rare not to get a positive hpt. These women you are talking about who didnt get positives till later also had a missed period which you haven't had. Personally I think you should keep trying and wait until you miss a period to really start being hopeful. My first pregnancy I got a positive FRER at 10 dpo, bloods taken the same day came back at 9 hcg. FRER is very very sensitive. x

I don't think charting is misleading. If anything after charting for a few months it really helps you to get a feel for when you normally ovulate, and then after the fact that month you can know pretty certain within a few days when you actually did ovulate and that really helps you to know when to start testing etc. Well, at least it was helpful for me with my last it took us 8 months to conceive and I tempted and charted and knew exactly when I was ovulating (as well as physical symptoms I would get ovulation pains and EWCM for three days and would ovulate on the last day of it) Anyways, I agree that the women that get the late BFPS ovulated WAY later than they thought they did. All 4 of my BFPS I got on 10 and 9 DPO. I hope you get it soon!! :dust:

I didn't get a positive HPT until I was (what I thought) a full week late, which would have put me at about 6 weeks (my period were always 32 days), however I was given a gestational age of 5w1d four days after the + FRER, so my ovulation was apparently late and my period would have been later than I thought as well. The dates can drive you crazy, but hang in there and just test again if you don't get AF and keep doing it every three days so not to drive yourself completely crazy (I know how it feels!). Good luck.:thumbup:

I don't think charting is misleading. If anything after charting for a few months it really helps you to get a feel for when you normally ovulate, and then after the fact that month you can know pretty certain within a few days when you actually did ovulate and that really helps you to know when to start testing etc. Well, at least it was helpful for me with my last it took us 8 months to conceive and I tempted and charted and knew exactly when I was ovulating (as well as physical symptoms I would get ovulation pains and EWCM for three days and would ovulate on the last day of it) Anyways, I agree that the women that get the late BFPS ovulated WAY later than they thought they did. All 4 of my BFPS I got on 10 and 9 DPO. I hope you get it soon!! :dust:

Sorry I think I confused you.. I dont mean that charting is misleading Im sure that is very useful!! I meant the charts that the previous user posted saying that a positive after a negative at 11dpo becomes very unlikely, could be misleading.

Thanks for the support anyways!

My first pregnancy I was sick as a dog right after a one day period. I tested and tested and got negatives till just after six weeks. Then I had a miscarriage. This pregnancy I didn't even notice I had a missed period and only tested because I was nauseous to the point of immobility and I was getting pretty worried I had a bad virus. Alas I was pregnant and late for my period two weeks.

Thanks for your post butterfly!! I will certainly keep testing!! so what dpo would that have made you if you were past 6 weeks? lots i suppose! Thanks I feel a little less crazy now. only a little tho lol. xx

My last pregnancy that ended in m/c I got my bfp at 17dpo and this pregnancy I got a bfp at 10dpo with my first 2 children I got bfp at about 5 weeks but I just knew I was pregnant with all 5 pregnancies only 1 pregnancy which was also a m/c about 6/7 years ago I had no idea I was pregnant in fact it was only because I suddenly went off coffee that I decided to test and I thought for sure it would be negative and it was a dark bfp and I was about 6 weeks but m/c about 2 weeks later. I also had a friend who never got a bfp, she thought she was pregnant and got a bfn and didn't bother testing until she started getting bigger so she went to the doctors and her hcg result was not pregnant so they said it was probably a cyst or just weight gain and she didn't actually find out she was pregnant until she had bad cramps and went to the hospital and found out she was in labour (she was a large girl already) but there u go it's rare but very possible, and if I hadn't seen all this for myself I would have never believed it because it seems so strange that the hpt and hcg wouldn't show anything at all for her but I promise this is a true story and I have also heard that it has happened to other people too but I can't confirm or deny them coz I wasn't there to see it happen just my friend !!
I hope this is the case for you but to be honest I think it's unlikely that u are pregnant but certainly not impossible :) good luck hun I hope your dreams come true and u can finally get some answers :) x

Sorry, I never said it's hopeless but the chance of getting a BFP after 11 DPO (if you know when you ovulated) is very rare. Of course, you could be the exception all I am saying is that it is not likely. Someone on here thought she just had to be pregnant because her period was so late, 40+ days, but she wasn't. I think it's good to be optimistic but also be realistic. Especially once you are at the 14 DPO point with a negative HPT, it's just highly unlikely.

Just FYI, I once got my period super late, 10 days late. It's the only time I have ever been that late. It was my wedding and it seems the stress of the wedding and a honeymoon in Europe delayed my period. I was not pregnant. On the other hand, everytime I have been pregnant I have gotten a + by 11 DPO at the latest. With this one I got a strong + at 9 DPO.

Why not just get a blood test to ease your mind?

Thanks so much for your post mumof3girls!! I know its rare but I guess it does happen.. search online in general and it seems much more common than i first thought..

Mon_n_jon thanks for the reply I hope I didnt cause you offence!! Sorry I am emotional lol. I also realise it could be another medical condition, a cycst maybe, hormone levels, maybe a phantom pregnancy even, or maybe I actually am pregnant.

I would love to get a blood test but here in the uk you cant just 'get' them you have to be sent for one. Even then, as you can see in the above post, they're not 100% accurate in all cases... for that you need ultrasound and Im sure a doctor wouldnt send me for one of those without a positive test! I do however, have a day 21 progesterone blood test booked to see if I ovulate (as i saw my doc saying I have been trying over a yr now).
From what I have read, progesterone levels shoot right up during pregnancy? So i am hoping if they come back high they may suggest or check for pregnancy? Do you have any info on the levels used in the uk and what the results mean? ( you sound well-researched lol) I also might mention my concerns to the nurse and see if she has any ideas.

Thanks for your input!!:flower:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back