Anyone ever been pregnant but had a negative hpt till really late?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's brilliant news! Our bodies are indeed amazing and we can learn a lot from listening to them. Onwards and upwards, Jo!

Sorry af came but honestly I'm not surprised. You would have gotten a positive test way before now if you were ever pregnant. The clot was probably uterine lining. Better luck next month. :dust:

The amount of attention we all pay to our bodies at these times means we know whats normal, and this certainly wasnt normal to me. I really think it may have been the start of a pregnancy that just didnt make it.
Now my tummy has shrunk again, all the water I've been retaining has come out, my cravings and appetite are gone.. I would really like to have this pregnant feeling back soon.. Im hoping it means good things are nearby for me and my body is ready for pregnancy now.
Thanks for all the support everybody :flower:

I think next time you should wait until you actually miss af to start get excited you may be pregnant, or else you will be convinced you are pregnant every single month and be horribly disappointed when af arrives.

Sorry af came but honestly I'm not surprised. You would have gotten a positive test way before now if you were ever pregnant. The clot was probably uterine lining. Better luck next month. :dust:

The amount of attention we all pay to our bodies at these times means we know whats normal, and this certainly wasnt normal to me. I really think it may have been the start of a pregnancy that just didnt make it.
Now my tummy has shrunk again, all the water I've been retaining has come out, my cravings and appetite are gone.. I would really like to have this pregnant feeling back soon.. Im hoping it means good things are nearby for me and my body is ready for pregnancy now.

I think next time you should wait until you actually miss af to start get excited you may be pregnant, or else you will be convinced you are pregnant every single month and be horribly disappointed when af arrives.

Most people here are dissapointed when af arrives! I'm sorry to see that you lost a pregnancy at 4.5 weeks, if you weren't keeping track of the situation or testing you may not have known.
I couldnt ignore my body saying something wasnt right. I wasnt even testing early..Its better to know whats happening with our bodies, and hey, everybody symptom spots!

Hi all,

I'm trying to work out what is going on with my cycle and this is the first thread that looks like it may be able to help.

Basically, today is CD32 and my period is between 4 and 7 days late based on my average cycle length. I have tested negative at one day late. AF still hasnt shown but have had AF style cramping every other day since the day before AF was supposed to show so I just assumed it was coming.

I've been charting my temps but they are all over the joint due to my sleeping pattern so they cant provide any clarity!

I have been charting my CP and its actually quite high, but am still able to reach it.

I'm not sure whether to just wait it out or see the GP, as I dont want to get hopes up. I'm just after a definative answer so I can carry on tracking or making plans for a new arrival!

What do you think? I would really appreciate your advice ladies :)

Also, Ignore the signatures below, they are way out of sync with my actual cycle!

Hi all,

I'm trying to work out what is going on with my cycle and this is the first thread that looks like it may be able to help.

Basically, today is CD32 and my period is between 4 and 7 days late based on my average cycle length. I have tested negative at one day late. AF still hasnt shown but have had AF style cramping every other day since the day before AF was supposed to show so I just assumed it was coming.

I've been charting my temps but they are all over the joint due to my sleeping pattern so they cant provide any clarity!

I have been charting my CP and its actually quite high, but am still able to reach it.

I'm not sure whether to just wait it out or see the GP, as I dont want to get hopes up. I'm just after a definative answer so I can carry on tracking or making plans for a new arrival!

What do you think? I would really appreciate your advice ladies :)

Also, Ignore the signatures below, they are way out of sync with my actual cycle!

Have you tested again since 1 day late? Maybe you'll just get a late positive, quite a few women do. If it's still negative then maybe you should see a doctor and see what's up. Fingers crossed for you :)

Yep keep testing, wait a few weeks then go to the gp!

sorry af came hun but at least you know where you stand now and get down to lots of baby making!! and your right every one is disappointed when they get their period and if people are getting annoyed with you for getting your hopes up and wanting so bad to be pregnant then id rather they didnt even comment on your link. honestly ive seen some comments on this thread that were'nt the nicest and i think we all need to remember that everyone needs support ttc and throughout pregnancy and we're all here for the same reasons! chin up and GL for next month!

xxxxxxx

Most people here are dissapointed when af arrives! I'm sorry to see that you lost a pregnancy at 4.5 weeks, if you weren't keeping track of the situation or testing you may not have known.
I couldnt ignore my body saying something wasnt right. I wasnt even testing early..Its better to know whats happening with our bodies, and hey, everybody symptom spots!

Ummm yeah only the difference between you and I is that I had a REAL loss. I got a positive pregnancy test and missed my period, two things you could never say. :dohh:

I'm not saying you shouldn't look for symptoms. I'm saying you shouldn't be psychotically convinced you are pregnant no matter what LOGICAL evidence proves that you aren't... ie pregnancy tests are 99.9% effective, you never even MISSED your period.. it was LIGHT... and you never even had sex the next cycle... yet you're 100% convinced you somehow were pregnant with all negative tests.. dont use my REAL loss against me in the argument that you were ever pregnant.. YES I found out I was pregnant with early testing. NO that does not mean that you were ever pregnant and NO i have no sympathy for you that your PERIOD CAME ON TIME.

sorry af came hun but at least you know where you stand now and get down to lots of baby making!! and your right every one is disappointed when they get their period and if people are getting annoyed with you for getting your hopes up and wanting so bad to be pregnant then id rather they didnt even comment on your link. honestly ive seen some comments on this thread that were'nt the nicest and i think we all need to remember that everyone needs support ttc and throughout pregnancy and we're all here for the same reasons! chin up and GL for next month!

xxxxxxx

I support logical viewpoints. I don't support dreams based on wishful and illogical thinking and I never will. If you think people should sit here and be like OH YEAH, SURE! "You are definitely that 1 in 2 million women that never get a positive pregnancy test!" then you are mistaken my friend. I would hope that someone would be the light of reason if I was thinking so irrationally. It's the blind support on here of people that get false hopes up, and false hope IMO can hurt the worst. Sometimes the truth hurts and that's just life. You can't always be the "nicest" commentor. Don't shoot the messanger, if my comments didn't seem the nicest it was because I was trying to be the voice of reason so that the OP wasn't crushed in the end by false hope.

xxxxxxx

Agreed :)
Hope everything works out for you Josephine!:thumbup:

xxxxxxx

I support logical viewpoints. I don't support dreams based on wishful and illogical thinking and I never will. If you think people should sit here and be like OH YEAH, SURE! "You are definitely that 1 in 2 million women that never get a positive pregnancy test!" then you are mistaken my friend. I would hope that someone would be the light of reason if I was thinking so irrationally. It's the blind support on here of people that get false hopes up, and false hope IMO can hurt the worst. Sometimes the truth hurts and that's just life. You can't always be the "nicest" commentor. Don't shoot the messanger, if my comments didn't seem the nicest it was because I was trying to be the voice of reason so that the OP wasn't crushed in the end by false hope.

i understand where your coming from but sometimes people need support and hope and who are we to decide what they feel in their own bodies!! i didnt get a positive hpt until i was 4 weeks late!! i was pregnant but hpts just didnt pick it up, had someone been negative to me in that time i wouldnt have kept testing and could have been going out drinking etc but the support of the ladies here made me hold on and keep testing!!! i have also had a loss, at 22 weeks which i had to go through labour for so i know too well what its like to loose something so precious!! early late or any other time it never makes it easier, im very sorry josephine got her period its awful when your trying to get pregnant as any woman here knows,i think its horible for anyone to slap it back in her face that she got it and didnt get a positive pregnancy test!!!

sometimes when your facing this huge battle of ttc all we have is hope. no one has any right to take that away from her! im sorry to hear of your loss but i dont think that gives you any right to make someone feel that their symptoms, whether it ends in a bfn or not, are any less important than someone who does get their bfp! we're only human at the end of the day and the longing for a baby sometimes makes us sensitive to things that we'd never otherwise feel, thats not false hope. its faith in ourselves as women and mothers and mums to be.

Josephine you have so much support here while ttc and beyond, feel free to symptom spot all you like and keep your HOPES up!! i wouldnt be pregnant now if i had given up hope...xxxxxxxx

Ummm yeah only the difference between you and I is that I had a REAL loss. I got a positive pregnancy test and missed my period, two things you could never say. :dohh:

I'm not saying you shouldn't look for symptoms. I'm saying you shouldn't be psychotically convinced you are pregnant no matter what LOGICAL evidence proves that you aren't... ie pregnancy tests are 99.9% effective, you never even MISSED your period.. it was LIGHT... and you never even had sex the next cycle... yet you're 100% convinced you somehow were pregnant with all negative tests.. dont use my REAL loss against me in the argument that you were ever pregnant.. YES I found out I was pregnant with early testing. NO that does not mean that you were ever pregnant and NO i have no sympathy for you that your PERIOD CAME ON TIME.

If you are going to make comments like this please dont reply to my threads in future. I dont need people like you trying to upset me.

Thank you so much jojo23!! Well said! Ur post brought tears to my eyes it was so lovely. Thank you for your support.

Maybe my pregnancy wasnt strong enough to hold on, its so complicated in there no-one can say nothing is happening when we are ttc - something was going on and it was causing me a lot of pain. I couldnt just ignore it. Im glad I have been through the experience as its made me discuss my fertility with the doctor, and also i've had to challenge myself to stop smoking and drinking, which I found easier than I thought it would be. Im proud of the way I started looking after my body better, and now I know I can do it for real when that bfp comes. I believe this was good practise for me and my body xx

Jo, well done on quitting smoking and drinking! :thumbup: That should also help you along with conceiving.

Although I did not find your posts convincing regarding being pregnant, I do think that the huge clot you had was a sign that something wasn't right and you obviously felt off all along. Hopefully, all is resolved now. If not, you are talking to your doctor and will hopefully find out what is wrong. Just don't hesitate to ask for more help if you experience more clots like that during your next period!

I think that anyone should think twice before posting about their loss being worse or more real than someone else's. That is truly a horrible and tasteless comparison to make.
All losses and also infertility without losses is incredibly heartbreaking. We should be supporting each other through our difficult experiences, not entering into some kind of macabre competition.

Big :hug: all round

no prob joesphine. i just wanted to say that none of us know whats going on within our bodies and theres lots of women who have suffered losses but be it at 2 weeks or20 weeks it doesnt make it any less of a heartbreak and i would never presume to know anyone elses situation other than to offer my sympathies to anyone who has suffered a loss at any stage.

also as i said before none of us have the right to judge what you felt in your own body and we can give our opinions without being negative...we all need to support one another. and lets face it we've all thought we were pregnant at one stage or another and had the horrible experience of AF getting us in the end! just think this is a time for hope, faith and good friends to help you through the hard times.

cant wait to hear how you get on in your journey and well done for getting as healthy as you can be xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hey

Thanks for the advice ladies.
Still no AF anf on CD34 now from my calculations which is very late for me. Going to the GP's tomorrow to see what they say.

I think that anyone should think twice before posting about their loss being worse or more real than someone else's. That is truly a horrible and tasteless comparison to make.
All losses and also infertility without losses is incredibly heartbreaking. We should be supporting each other through our difficult experiences, not entering into some kind of macabre competition.

Agreed...beyond rude.

Agreed...beyond rude.

Are you serious? She didn't experience a loss, she got her period after suspecting she was pregnant but it was never confirmed, all negative tests and didn't even have sex that cycle. How is that the same as someone who experienced a confirmed pregnancy and then had an early miscarriage? I'm sorry but it's beyond rude to me that you ladies are saying that people who get their periods while ttc are experiencing the same grief that people who have early losses go through. That's so ridiculous it's not even conceivable to me. Oh and Josephine, don't worry I wont be commenting anymore on your threads. I don't feel the need to communicate with people who only like you if you're telling them what they want to hear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnneMariena
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->