Anyone ever been pregnant but had a negative hpt till really late?

Status
Not open for further replies.
keep testing hun think i see a VERY faint positive!! xx

Hi thanks for the check-ups ladies!! Im testing again in the morning with a frer...

I've found some more info out just that I was led to be an unrelated post about the 'hook effect' where the levels eventually get too high to be detected. Im still going with they are too low I think at the mo but check it out:
https://www.babyandbump.com/general-chatter/7968-false-negatives-caused-hook-effect.html

just a girl its been ages since my ov date.. i did have a bleed around the time of my period but it was really light and short and iv experienced symptoms since then. I would be about 34 dpo!! I realise most people would have gotten definite lines by then but after searching online there are so many people who have ended up pregnant with negative tests..and they were made to feel crazy by doctors! Im hoping it doesnt go this far and I can present my doctor with a nice positive test by the end of this week..!!

Thanks for sticking around! :dust:

I looked it up and A) Its a 1 in 2000 chance that that would happen and B) Your levels would have to be over 1 million. It's just not at all likely that this is happening to you. I've been trying to be optimistic but now that you've said you haven't had sex this month I really honestly doubt you are pregnant. If you are still really that convinced you should probably look into getting a private scan.

Oh I totally missed that post if you haven't had sex in over a month there is just no way your tests would look like that, at least not if everything were OK. I'd be more concerned about you having been pregnant at some point and maybe some residual tissue is causing issues. I would go see a Dr. to make sure you are OK.

I have an appointment booked tomorrow :) I am bored of these symptoms now. Definitely no sex - i have no sex drive and dont want to be touched! I need to get the doc to investigate I dont see why I shud put up with feeling so poorly if Im not pregnant.

I realise that most likely if there was a pregnancy there would be a problem - but also there are a lot of women who have gone on to have healthy pregnancies even after going through what Im experiencing - see the posts in this thread and elsewhere all over the internet!!! - so I'm looking on the positive side until I know otherwise. Please consider opening your mind a little bit - i dont want those who have gone through this to be offended!

I'm glad that you are so positive. Everyone needs to deal with difficult moments in the best way they can. I hope it all works out for you.

Thanks, I had a faint positive again today that looks like the midstream from the other day, a faint positive on a blue dye and a negative on frer. Will be taking these along to docs appt with me tomorrow! Will let u know how it goes... I just dont want to think about problems yet, I have never had a bfp so I will be celebrating if i get one, even if the celebration is short lived, at least I will know things are working in there!!

Still have my Fxd Hun, blue dye tests are evil for me I used to always get a positive on them as I did with ics even when I wasn't pregnant, doc said I have a small amount of hcg in my system all the time so it was horrible for me coz I never knew if they were real or not until I did a frer at 10dpo this time around and finally got a beautiful line :)
We all need some kind of faith to hold onto and until you get af or a scan saying not pregnant then I would assume u are pregnant just to be on the safe side :) good luck hun I will be stalking this thread until you know for sure one way or another :) xx

Thanks mumof3girs! Are you hoping for a boy this time around?
Wow mega-annoying that you have hcg in your body all the time! (I think we all do, but not enough to show on a test?)
I was hoping to have some lovely positive pics to post today, but still too faint.. Im gonna do another in a minute cos I just cant help myself hehe... cant believe how long this threads gotten. Thanks for all the support ladies:thumbup:

Just been reading through this thread. I really hope u get an answer either way soon hun, must be horrible being in limbo like this! Let us know how ur test goes xx

Thanks StaceyKor!! It is horrible I dont know whether to act pregnant or not.. I have given up drinking, and smoking I stopped yesterday. Its hard tho...

Anyhow..I just took another midstream test, same as the ones before, this one has no line,looks negative, however it is evening here so it certainly wasnt great urine...
However.. I have left the test to sit and looked at it again, still no line after half hr. Nothing..
I feel that this proves the lines I got on my other (identical) tests werent evaps.
Do ya get what I mean?

The lines on my fmu tests from today and yesterday (I hope) cant be evaps cos this evening test doesnt have an evap... surely if it was the tests giving evaps it would have come up on all 3... hopefully the lines on the other 2 appeared cos it was fmu and positive! I hope the doctor can shed some more light for me tomorrow xx

I thought I'd update - I've just been to my doctors visit, i requested a woman cos I thought she might be sympathetic - and she was really nice but I was sooo nervous i came away thinking of all the things I should have told her symptom wise but forgot :dohh:

I told her about the bloating, headaches, hot flushes, (forgot to even mention cramps, sickness, backache, trouble sleeping, dry skin.. etc...) but her eyes widened when I mentioned the milky discharge.

She said she didnt want to give me false hope but that is a definite sign.
I asked her if it was rare to be in this situation and she said 'well it does happen' and she didnt think I was crazy so thats good.
I showed her my tests and she said they were 'inconclusive' - i know that lol.

Anyhow she is sending a urine sample off for testing for me. I did ask her about adding hcg to the blood test but she said that if I am pregnant then my day 21 progesterone test would come back really high.

I asked if it matters that it wont be fmu and might be dilute, she said it wont matter as the lab test is so sensitive - but i could bring it in whenever I liked. I didnt fancy peeing in the docs and walking out with a test tube anyway, so Im going to collect my fmu and drop it off in the morning! :thumbup:

She said the results will be ready in 2 days and that I can ring up and get results from reception.
Wish me luck!!! xxx

best of luck hun will have everything crossed! xxxxxxxxxxx

I'm surprise they didn't do a urine pregnancy test in the office? I've heard of bloods being drawn and sent to lab but not urine, I hope it's enough to give you the answers you need for some peace of mind gl! :)

I just worry if its negaitve I still wont believe it lol. If its negative i will forget about it (or try if I can get relief from symptoms) until my next period is due and see if it comes or not! I think thats the best plan.

I'm surprise they didn't do a urine pregnancy test in the office? I've heard of bloods being drawn and sent to lab but not urine, I hope it's enough to give you the answers you need for some peace of mind gl! :)

I was suprised at that too! at least it sounds sensitive!

Yes im hoping for a boy but I don't mind either way :) will be getting nucal test done next week and 3d/4d u/s in 4 weeks after that so excited I can't wait to see if our swaying for a boy really worked or if we are just destined for girls lol :) either way I'm so happy just to be pregnant after ttc for so long :) post your pics Hun u should put all the tests together to see if there is a progression line :) Fxd xx

Just read this thread, I reeeeally hope you find out soon as being in limbo is awful, you just want to know! Keep us posted x

Well... I got my urine test results back... negative. Im so confused.

I cant accept it still but i guess I'll have to. My next af is due next thursday so I will try and forget about it until then and see if she shows up.

I still have my appt with the docs to discuss the results of day 21 progesterone test which i had today anyway, so I will mention blood tests if i dont get regular type af, and will tell her about the pains.. Its just... I have such a bump! I only weigh about 112lbs so its really obvious to me that my belly is sticking out. And its sooo itchy, plus my nipples hurt a lot which never happens to me. Im still having pains in my abdomen and Im now worrying that there is something wrong with me... sigh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadleyfai
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"