• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anyone expecting their FIRST in April 2013?

Very scared and nervous month think It will sink in until I have a scan spoke to Gp today and started taking colic acid
My symptoms are ........ Period like cramps nausea, sore nipples , tired , heartburn ( 3 nights in a row never had it before and stops me sleeping ) , and I can't stop eating ahha , congrats to u all , anyone getting different symptoms ? x x

EDD 19/04/2013 , very nervous don't think it will become real until I have a scan , congratulating u all will be nice to speak to you as we will be feeling the same xxxxxx

I saw a OB/GYN today and he did a quick scan in his office, saw a little sac and was happy with that but I wanted to see a heartbeat so he got me in for a more sensitive ultrasound later in the afternoon.

We saw our tiny bean and saw a tiny flicker of a heartbeat @ 112 bpm! So happy to have seen that today :)

Attachments

• ultrasound.jpg
    ultrasound.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 11
I saw a OB/GYN today and he did a quick scan in his office, saw a little sac and was happy with that but I wanted to see a heartbeat so he got me in for a more sensitive ultrasound later in the afternoon.

We saw our tiny bean and saw a tiny flicker of a heartbeat @ 112 bpm! So happy to have seen that today :)

WOW!!! Congratulations! That's just amazing. You find out that you're pregnant and like two weeks later there's a heartbeat. Unbelievable!

Congrats to you, too, new mummy!

Hey all! My partner and I are expecting our first April 2013 (EDD April 14th, but since that's an "estimate" I keep telling myself late April). I am very excited but also nervous and anxious to get past the first trimester. We miscarried at 6w on Mother's Day this year and so I am constantly checking to see if I am spotting even a tiny bit - which I'm not.

Things feel very different for me this time around - upset stomach, very sore and dense breasts, occasional headaches, none if which happened last time. I am thankful for every pain and bit of nausea I feel because it reaffirms that my body is growing a healthy baby.

I am waiting to hear if I got accepted into our provincial midwifery program so I can have my babe at home (only about 1% of women here can have a legal homebirth).

That's about it - congratulations to you all!

Are you in BC, Margot?

Congrats btw! Your EDD is a day before mine :)

No, I'm in Saskatchewan. In my city we only have five Midwives registered and licensed with the province and they can each only take one client per week. I called the day before my expected period and was still put on a wait list. You would think that with such high demand the province would change the Midwifery model of care from a "pilot project" (which is has been since 2007) had allow more Midwives to practice.

Thank you! Congrats to you too!

I'm in the Skatch too!!!! Around Yorkton! Just moved back here from Victoria a few days ago, it's good to be back on the prairies!

Roma congrats this looks so perfect! Can't wait for my scan!

Argh! my scan isn't scheduled until September 24th! Is anyone else waiting that long?

Btw, Lily posted a fantastic article on another thread that I thought others here would enjoy reading:
https://www.fitpregnancy.com/pregnancy/health/stress-less

pbl thanks for reposting the link it is a wonderful article.

I wonder why they have scheduled your appointment that long from now? I have my scan next week... Are you going to a clinic or private practice?

Congrats Roma! My ultrasound is on Friday soooo nervous! I should be around 8 weeks I think.

Thanks pbl for the article! It was just what I needed to read today. Not sure about anyone else but I have been extremely emotional lately. Pbl, will you be 12 weeks on September 24? I think most pregnant women go for 2 scans one at 12 weeks to test for abnormalties and one at 18 weeks to see anatomy and the sex of the baby. I know I had asked for a earlier ultrasound to ease my mind. I think this is the standard in Canada maybe the US is different not sure.

The doc said she aims for 8-10 weeks, and 9/24 will be 9 weeks for me. That's just the time that worked best. Probably if I freak out in advance and beg they'll let me come in for an earlier scan. It's a private practice of 4 women. I kind of like how they do it, because you're supposed to see all of them before birth so that the person delivering isn't a stranger.

Congrats to Watkins! And gl at your scan on Friday, Rainbow! I hope you'll post pics!

I will my doc does the vaginal u/s until 12 weeks hes doing this one to get better due date

I'm expecting my first at the end of March of the beginning of April. My little one is 8 weeks 5 days.

I am due april 6th 2013 but i am not gonna go in for a u/s until 12 mark.

I was pretty queasy today! It feels like a hangover; I'm hungry but food seems gross! I have to eat slowly or I feel like I want to throw up. Fun times!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->