• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anyone expecting their FIRST in April 2013?

Hi Ladies,

My baby is due also around april 19-20. I am about 5w3days today from my calculation since lmp. My only symptoms are big boobs, frequent bathroom trips (varies from day to day), some heartburn, and cramps. Absolutely NO MORNING SICKNESS OR NAUSEA. Unfortunately, I read a couple articles online that said MS is a good sign of a healthy pregnancy, now I am starting o get a bit nervous. Any thoughts or reassurance from pple who had no MS but great pregnancies and healthy babies?

Roma I am feeling the same way today! I actually had a really restless night with dreams of throwing up yuck! Food does not sound appealing at all! I might try eating some watermaleon.

Hi Ladies,

My baby is due also around april 19-20. I am about 5w3days today from my calculation since lmp. My only symptoms are big boobs, frequent bathroom trips (varies from day to day), some heartburn, and cramps. Absolutely NO MORNING SICKNESS OR NAUSEA. Unfortunately, I read a couple articles online that said MS is a good sign of a healthy pregnancy, now I am starting o get a bit nervous. Any thoughts or reassurance from pple who had no MS but great pregnancies and healthy babies?

No MS? You are lucky. I haven't had it too often but when I do, it's... awful. Just terrible.

Jess627, my MS just kicked in and I am 7 weeks 4 days! I had all the symptoms and still do that you have! It is nerve racking but just remember you have way higher chance of everything going right then going wrong!

Thanks Lish123 and Rainbow, so the MS might still be coming. But if it does not, might that mean something for the pregnancy? Or do those articles just write that it is a good sign because they want to make women suffering terrible nausea feel better? I just dont know..

I know of a few lucky women that never got MS and continued to have a healthy pregnancy. You have all the other signs so no need to worry! If you are really worried you could ask your doc for a early ultrasound. If a heart beat is detected the chance of anything going wrong is lowered to around 3% I think. Just try to stay positive easier said then done I know!

My mom said that she had MS with my brother and I, but none with my sister.

Hi Ladies please can i join? I'm due April 7th. The sickness has hit me too in the last few days :( today is a good day tho not so sick i just feel like i've been ran over by a bus - absolutley shattered!!!!

Go to page 6 and read pbl article. It was great!

I did read it just now, great article, deff better than the "MS is a good sign" articles! Thanks so much!!!

BTW, I forgot another HUGE symptom.....GASSSSSS.....

Omg, from upstairs and downstairs (sorry tmi)

anyone else have unbeleivable gas...?

I m having my first prenatal appt tomorrow at 930 am. DH is going with me. I am so excited and nervous. Praying that all turns out well. The 3% thing is also such a relief. So, after tomorrow, I know I'll feel a lot better.

Thanks Lish123 and Rainbow, so the MS might still be coming. But if it does not, might that mean something for the pregnancy? Or do those articles just write that it is a good sign because they want to make women suffering terrible nausea feel better? I just dont know..

Actually it is not to make the women with nausea to feel better, the nausea is a very positive sign that the pregnancy is developing as it should be. Nausea is caused by the raging hormones, and sometimes lack of nausea can imply that the hormones are not developing as they should be, meaning the fetus is not growing properly. I read in many articles and medical research that the miscarriage chances are very small when there's nausea in pregnancy.
https://www.nvp-volumes.org/p1_7.htm
:Nausea and vomiting during the first 20 weeks' gestation occurred in 69% of patients: 23% had nausea without vomiting and 46% had both nausea and vomiting. Despite significantly less weight gain during the first 20 weeks among women experiencing vomiting (mean weight gains for vomiting: 3.36 kg, nausea only: 4.41 kg, and no symptoms: 4.73 kg, p < 0.001), there was no significant difference in maternal mean weight among all three groups at the time of delivery. Nor were there any significant differences in infant birth weight associated with the presence or absence of NVP for the following pregnancy outcomes: birth weight, placental weight, neonatal body length and head circumference, 1- and 5-minute Apgar scores, and presence of severe foetal anomalies.

The only pregnancy outcome associated with NVP was miscarriage. An increased level of NVP was associated with decreased risk of miscarriage (p < 0.01). Although there was no association between NVP and threatened miscarriage, a significant effect was found on the risk of subsequent miscarriage. Patients with threatened miscarriage without symptoms of NVP had a 54.1% risk of subsequent miscarriage; those with nausea only had a 32% risk; and patients with vomiting had a 10.3% risk (i.e., the rate of miscarriage decreased with increasing level of NVP, gamma = -0.66, p < 0.001).

Women like me without significant nausea and no vomiting have over a 50% chances to miscarry, those who vomit only a 10%...

No problem I found that article definitely made me feel better! I am burping a ton lately!

^ I'm burping a lot too! Totally unlike me... :O
Happy to know it helped you, it just made me worry more... Only wave of nausea I have is when I brush my teeth as the paste tastes funky. I feel instant gagging but I control it.

Ladies who vomit: Please drink plenty of water or other liquids so you keep your body hydrated! It is very important!

Thanks for the information, I guess, by what you're saying, my hormones might not be developing correctly. I hope that's not the case! If you are having nausea, I did not mean to offend you by implying that the information in the article was untrue. Sorry if it came off wrong!

Not taking it personally hun, I don't feel nauseous either, many women don't feel nauseous it is not a fool proof indicator. The info is out there and I just quote it. I'm worried as much as everyone. I'm basically bumping into discouraging info lately, I'm over 30 (17% risk of ms), my DH is over 35 (200% risk), and I'm not vomiting or feel constantly nauseous (another 50%) ... I feel like all the odds are against me and I just tough it out. I apologize if I made you worry.

Interesting article! I wonder what is the probability of nausea still coming. I'm only 5 weeks after all. Doesn't nausea sometimes start at 6 or 7 weeks? I feel like im on a roller coaster of emotions and questions and i don know how to stop it!

Not taking it personally hun, I don't feel nauseous either, many women don't feel nauseous it is not a fool proof indicator. The info is out there and I just quote it. I'm worried as much as everyone. I'm basically bumping into discouraging info lately, I'm over 30 (17% risk of ms), my DH is over 35 (200% risk), and I'm not vomiting or feel constantly nauseous (another 50%) ... I feel like all the odds are against me and I just tough it out. I apologize if I made you worry.

it makes me worried too, but im sure you and your peanut will be just fine, just think good thoughts and take i easy. i am trying to do that too, not as easy as it sounds i know, what are your other symptoms?

Sore boobs that are growing rapidly, sleepiness has hit recently and I get hungry often. No food aversion or serious cravings though, just plain hungry and quite thirsty too.
Don't mind me, I'm having my blues today, I just lost a relative and have to go to the funeral tomorow so everything seems a little bleak today... I try to get a good rest because there is going to be a tough day tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->