• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anyone gave birth in Woolwich???

OMG- the avatar picture is too cute. I have been really bad with pics-nothing exciting like that! I better get more proactive!

Sounds like you are getting into a nice routine with Lucas. It is really hard doing all the night shifts ourselves isnt it? I think we are on the same schedule though. Serena does a2-3 hour stretch if she has fed well- so normally around 10pm/11pm then 1am/2am and then 4am/5am. She feeds really well and like Lucas has one night feed where she will take her time getting back to sleep. I am trying to make sure she has some 'playtime' during the day so she gets knackered. Not sure it is working as well.

In the mornings around 8/9am she will feed and change and goes down well- sometimes for 4h. Then will get up and go back down again for another 3-4h. I wish she would do that at night!!! I have not tried to shift her routine as technically she is only a few days old if we count from her EDD.

She is doing well on the growth chart- now 25th percentile. She started off around 2nd!
She has been lifting her head up for a while now. I think she first did that when she was in Special Care. She is a strong munchkin- preemie or not! LOL. She is now following things if held near her. She loves looking at my hair! It is long and black so I think it must be really clear for her. I read they cannot see too far away and like black white images- I have got some books that have shapes and black/white images- she likes it for all of about 5 minutes lol.

I also read some of those smiles are gas- I like to believe that they arent. Specially the ones at 5am! LMAO :rofl: I got a coo too- but not many since so not sure I wasnt hearing things!

One month already huh! I bet you are like me- I wonder where the heck all the time has gone. Serena is 6 weeks today!

How are you feeling now hun.I know the late nights and crying non-stop can be too much! I do find my hormones have me going up and down. I hate expressing and it is annoying me that I have to do double the work. I get really annoyed and say I wont do it anymore in frustration. But of course I will as long as I can. Have you set a day for Jay to help out. It really does help when you get even just one long stretch of sleep.

How are you doing during the days? Have you managed to venture out at all?

C- section is ok- just got healing aches and pains. Still find it hard to get up fast. Really achey and sore atm. :shrug: I felt fine for about two weeks after op and now got these pains. I spoke to Health Visitor and she said it is normal :shrug:.

I am now under the health visitor. I was discharged by Midwives about a week after I came home with Serena. How are you recovering?

Well I better try and relax and get some sleep. Serena has been sleeping since around 7.30 so she will be up around 10.30 and I should try and rest.

Hope you are well and speak soon x

p.s where are you getting the canvas done?

Yeah night feeds are a pain!! I can't wait for him to drop one, so I can get at least a 6 hr stretch. Or for him to go back to sleep after his 7am-ish feed... it's quite hard to get him to go back to sleep at that time, usually put him on the bed next to me (as Jay has already left for work at that time) and then try and sleep some more.
We're gonna try and get Jay to do 1 (expressed) bottle feed in the night on fridays, cause he's off on weekends. But if he's too tired to do a night feed he can take him downstairs in the morning and do a feed then... we did that last friday/saturday morning - I slept till 1pm :p

Lucas will probably be moving to his cot in 2-4 weeks time though cause he's so big, his moses basket will be too small for him then! Will probably be better for me aswell though cause he won't be right next to me so hopefully I won't wake up with every little sound/grunt

Ahw! Glad Serena is gaining weight well!! Bet it's nice to see that line change to the higher percentiles!!
And it's really good that she's already lifting her head and that, especially since (like you said) technically she's only a couple of days old.
Lucas would've been 6 weeks tomorrow, going by his EDD.

I'm doing good, apart from the constant tired feeling when I wake up - after half hour or so I usually feel alright though - seems like sleep isn't even helping at all.... :p
We've been out a couple of times! We had to take him out a week after he was born cause he was spitting up so much I needed to get more sleepsuits as I'd ran out and not had time to wash em before needing a clean one :p
But anyways, I try to take him out at least twice a week! Usually go for a walk downtown with daddy on the weekends aswell! And ofcourse you got the obligatory trips to the HV and that :p Going for his BCG tomorrow!
Not sure when I'm supposed to see the HV next though... He got weighed last monday and got his BCG tomorrow and that's all the HV told me about when she came round ours. So I'll have to ask about that tomorrow...

Oh btw, Lucas has been a good boy again since yesterday! Sleeping better during the day and less fussy!
So I guess the growth spurt is over!

Like I said I'm doing ok, think everything has healed up down there, as I'm not sore anymore! So glad I can wee like normal again (though that was normal by 2 weeks) cause the first 2 weeks it stung really bad when I went for a wee!! cause I had 2 grazes and a 2nd degree tear (with stitches) but the grazes hurt the most!

Glad you're feeling ok aswell!! Must be hard to be achey and sore for so long!! I was glad when it was over! Take it your bleeding has stopped now??
Mine had stopped for a bit then suddenly I bled again, almost as if I had my period,but it's stopped again now!

I should really be asleep atm as Lucas is asleep, but hey! Mummy needs some time to herself aswell! He'll probably wake up in about an hour for a feed as his last one was at 8 - though it was a long one so he might sleep a bit longer!
Might try and get an hour sleep then! Or Jay will tell me off ;)

We should meet up sometime soon!! (finally :p)

Dropping one night feed is going to be so cool. I tried blackout blinds and Serena stayed asleep last night for a 4hr stretch. If I can get her to shift her two 4h sleeps in the day to night that will be great. I am going to try some routine things with her- like get her up at 7am and make sure she gets the bulk of her feeds in during the day. Theory being she will need less milk during the night and thus wake less. Lets see huh?

How was your night? I am still tired :( Serena is down for her morning nap so I managed to shower and express - sometimes we dont get that done until 11am! I am determined to get a routine in now though!

LOL at getting more sleep suits! Serena goes through some days where she has 3-4 outifit changes and then others where she doesnt change all day!

Tell me about all the noises- I didnt know they could be so noisy! Serena had me up all night for the first few weeks as I kept jumping up out of bed to see if she was ok! I still do sometimes. I have to mentally tell myself she is ok- and will give a proper cry out if she isnt. I dont know if I could have her in a different room to me. I would be coming into her room everytime I heard her on the monitor!

Serena had her BCG about 4 weeks ago- She was pretty good. The injection isnt supposed to give them fevers or anything like that. She didnt really get a blister either :thumbup: There wasnt anything else they told me. I have regulary weekly HV visits as she needs to be weighed to make sure she is gaining enough weight. Other than that you should have a 6w postnatal check at your GP and Lucas at 8w where he will also get some more injections.

Did the HV give you a big NHS book called Birth to Five? They come around on their first visit with loads of leaflets etc?

How are you doing with Breastfeeding? Hope that is going well.

I am glad you have healed up nicely. I know it must have been painful :hugs: but at least you are feeling better. I have the same thing with bleeding. Overall I have not bled much at all. Did the first week- like the end of a period bleed. And then nothing for another week and then again for a week- this time like red bleeding but that tailed off and never got heavy. Since then on and off 'end of period' bleeding. I may ask HV what I should expect- kinda getting tired of it now! LOL

:haha: You are like me. When Serena goes to sleep at night I also play about on the computer. Like you said- we need our time. DH tells me to sleep- errrr like I am going to bed at 8- grhhh

Well enough gassing- I better get some breakfast in before she is up.

Hope you had another good night and YES we should meet up soon.
TC and hugs to your wee man

M x

Oh man we had a really bad night!! He had a feed at 8pm then again at 10pm, then fell asleep.... Took him upstairs and he slept till 1.30 - started grunting at 12.30, but was still asleep, so I managed to get back to sleep aswell... I fed him at 1.30am then he woke up again at 3am and stayed up until about 6 - with me trying to put him down a couple of times but he'd just start screaming!!! So I had to take him downstairs in the end so Jay could sleep cause he had to work again today! So Lucas fell asleep around 6 and I put him in his basket... And he woke up again at 8.30 - fed him and he just kept crying again! settling and then crying again... Really annoyed me as I was knackered of course! Then in the end around 10am I managed to get him to sleep again but half hour later he was awake again and crying again!!! :dohh: Dunno what's wrong with him, but it was really pissing me off - which in turn made me feel really bad again... cause it's not his fault!
Gave him some dentinox colic drops but he doesn't like them, though I think they might have calmed him down a little...

Went out at 1pm to get his BCG done, and he slept all the way there and even when I stopped and waited there... Started crying as I took him into the room to get his injection (cause he was hungry) and screamed for a couple of seconds when they gave him the injection.
During the night he kept on having the 5 min feeds, then sleeping and waking again for another 5 min. feed all the time btw, luckily after he had the injection he fed for about 30 minutes, so I was happy!!
He's asleep in his chair at the moment, but he only just dropped off (after some whinging) and should probably wake again in 30 minutes for a feed.

Anyways, that was my night and today.... horrible but hopefully it'll get better.... I got him some infacol aswell, try that, see if that works better than the dentinox. Was gonna get gripwater but you're supposed to give that to them with a tea-spoon... don't really fancy doing that, as that'll just turn into one big mess :p

Yeah I got the book aswell, the birth to five one! Read most of it already :p
Breastfeeding is going well, apart from him fussing at the breast sometimes, where he cries cause he wants more but then when you try and latch him on he doesn't wanna take it! I think I'm gonna go to the breastfeeding group on thursday at Brookhill.

What have you been upto today?? Did you have a good night?
Hope Serena will drop a feed soon... I read about some babies that actually start sleeping better and drop a feed around 6 weeks... but it's different for everyone I guess!

When we meet up we're gonna have to see what's easiest as we both don't drive (right??) so one of us is gonna have to take the bus somewhere...

Hey hun!
Sorry to hear he was up so much. I hope last night was much better. I have never heard of the colic one you used. Infacol I have heard of. I hope that works better. I thought Gripe Water was for when they are a little older- not sure so dont quote me on it.

Breast feeding group should be fun for you! I hope it is fun! I have given up mostly on BF- I do put her to it but she doesnt do much :(

Serena was kind of good last night. She did only get up once but was up for two hours! I am trying to get most of her feeds in during the day so she wakes less at night (bonus of having her take the bottle i know how much she is getting!) We shall see how she does tonight. I have her down for a nap now so I am going to take one too.

I can come to Woolwich- perhaps we can grab coffee at Starbucks? I can get the bus. just need her to grow a bit bigger so she can get in the baby carrier. I cant be bothered with the pram! LOl.

Hope you are doing well- Dont worry for getting angry- it is hard when you are tired and ratty- I am the same. Perhaps Jay can take over for a bit just this once so you can get some sleep?

TC and write soon xxx

I got a nap last night when Jay got home... slept from 6-9pm :) was nice!!
Then we had some dinner and went back upstairs around 10.30
He was being really fussy again so I made up the bed in the spare room and put his basket there so Jay could get some sleep - no point in both of us being up and getting tired! Lucas had a feed around 1am then put him down but 20 minutes later he wanted more :S So gave him more and I can't remember what time it was when I put him down again ,but it must've been around 2am and he slept till 6.30 then went back asleep around 7 and slept in the bed with me until 10ish so that was nice! I thought it was gonna be a horrible night again but he was quite good in the end :)

You can use gripewater from 1 month of age...

I think I might borrow a friend's monitor and try him in his cot for 1 or 2 nights just to see how that goes, cause I think he prefers to have more space....And his moses basket isn't very spacious for him....

Don't you find it annoying when they stay up for hours in the night?! You're like: oh come on.. it's night time, you're supposed to sleep!! :p
Hope you have a nice nap now though!!

Didnt get my nap in. I managed to smash my iPhone last week so I was waiting for the delivery man. Of course they come as soon as Serena is up from her nap and wants feeding. All good though, I have my phone again! Yipeeeeeee! :wohoo:

She was a pain last night- She didnt really stay awake most of the day so at night she was falling asleep before she had her bath and final feed. I know then that she will be up earlier and not feed properly. She was up at 9-11pm, 1-2am, 5.5.30am, and then 6.30am- I tried to keep her up until 8.30 but she was struggling so have her napping now.

I do feel like shouting-"its nighttime" lol- but there you go. I hear after around 12 weeks they kinda get there. So here's hoping.

Hope you get the monitor. We have one for when she is napping in her room and we are downstairs. So useful :) We have a sensor one so she stops moving and it will go off :shrug: DH and his flipping gadgets. He wanted one with a camera as well. I suggest we shouldnt as we would get obssessive! Even though we have the monitor I sleep in her room with her. Like you said there is no point in DH not getting any sleep. The thing is he is now used to that so when I ask him to sleep with us and help out he thinks I have asked him to chop his right arm off!!

Hope he settles in his cot well. I have yet to get the mattress and bedding for ours. DH has yet to build it grhhhhhh

Looks like lack of sleep has put me in a bad mood LOL. I better get some things done before madame gets up. We have the health visitor over this afternoon for her weigh in.

TC xx

Lucas was a pain the night before last night aswell!! Making lots of grunting noises and that.... Last night he was kinda ok. Jay was at work through the night so I put him on the bed next to me cause he didn't wanna settle in his cot. :( He kept waking himself up with his arms (swaddling doesn't really help.. .he always wriggles out of it and he doesn't seem to like it) and he kept grunting again. But after I put him on the bed with me he slept from about 0.30 till 4.30 and then went back to sleep around 5.30 and slept till 8.30

Went to the breastfeeding club this morning, he was being really good just laying there on the mat :) And of course just as I put his coat back on and was about to take him home he started sucking his hand cause he was hungry :p haha
He's been feeding a lot more...I feed him and after an hour or so he wants more - might be his 4-6 week growth spurt. Ah well... I just feed him whenever he wants.

Oh yeah I haven't borrowed the monitor, we just put the cot next to our bed, so he can get used to the cot first and when he's a little older we can put him in his own room - probably when he sleeps through the night. This way he can see me aswell if he wakes up during the night....

I had a busy day yesterday, cleaned out the car cause we sold it to a scrap-company.... got £120 for it, and we only paid £100 on it when we bought it :p haha Anyway so I did that and did washing up and some laundry and spent a lot of time with Lucas cause he kept crying. I also phoned the HV (got to talk to a nurse) about his crying and she said it sounded like he's got (quite bad) colic and recommended using Infacol, which I am using, but it takes a couple of days to properly start working - only been using it since tuesday. So it should start working properly this weekend.
Unfortunately colic usually holds on till 3 months... :S So I've probably got 2 bad months left to go :p Though he's being good today :)

How was your day?? What have you been upto??

Morning hun!How was Lucas yesterday? Sounds like the night before you managed to get a good nights kip :happydance:
Good news on your car. You have been pretty busy huh. I hope his colic is sorted out soon. How were the other people at BF group?
Serena is doing well but not doing too good on the routine :lol: I think she is telling me who is boss! :haha: She was up at 1 and 4 last night and then played for an hour. Like you I also put her into bed with me after about 20mins of hiccups. Bless her. She fidgeted for a bit but did eventually fall asleep. Like Lucas she doesnt really like being swaddled. I have always kept her hands free. I think its more comfortable for her,

I better get on- she is due her 10am feed, wash and play time.- she has been alot more alert the past week or so! :)

Hope you and Lucas have a great day! Any plans for the weekend?

x

Hey how are you doing? We're alright. Lucas' colic is still quite bad, you can tell he's in pain quite a lot after a feed :-( not sure whether the infacol is working. He's doing quite well during the night though, going asleep around 11/12/1 then he sleeps for 3 or 4 hours, but he does take about an hour to change,feed and get back to sleep then and then he sleeps for another 3 or 4 hours. So hopefully it won't be too long before he drops that feed :p would be so nice to sleep through the night again :p have you been upto anything lately?

Hey babe!
I saw tons of stuff going on opposite QEH. It looked like fun! Is that something they do each year? I bet Lucas had a blast anyway. They are so alert and attentive!

How are things otherwise? Are you settling in to Motherhood? How is Lucas? Routines? Feeding etc? I bet he is growing so fast! I cant believe Serena was so tiny (still is compared to other 5 month olds).

She is 'talking' chomping on her fists/hands, really strong neck so able to hold it up herself and her sitting is really coming along. She can roll too which means I cant just leave her on her play mat! :haha:

I am finding her more attentive and have to entertain her!!! Hard work I tell ya!

We are doing a Mother and Baby teaching Yoga course together. I am topping up my teaching certificates so I am now teaching Mother and Baby Yoga. First class this coming week. We also go to Musical Monkeys with some of the other NCT mummies and I want to start her swimming (been saying for months and still not done it!)

Anyhoo! She is more into a kind of routine- I let her lead but make sure she doesnt sleep too much during the day so she has her last feed at 11pm and then can stay down until around 4.30am. I am naughty as I sneak her into bed and then she lasts another few hours as she is toasty warm! LOL- I know I shouldnt as she is going to get into bad habits!

So tell me how you are and how things are with you. I think of you often but never get on B and B much!

Oh and there is this whole thing I forgot to say about a Cyst that Serena has on her arm! Grrrhhhhhh Will post more soon- she is happy and cheery so it isnt hurting her. Been there for about 4 weeks and the Pediatricians at QEH are pricks! But I'll post more on that soon.

Let me know how you are hun.. looking forward to catching upxxxx

Yeah they had all sorts going on today at the sport pitches by the army camp! With fair rides and parachute display and all sorts of other things! Was fun!!
Well it was a little boring as Lucas can't do anything yet and Jay was working in the bar so couldn't walk around or anything so I had to walk around with Lucas but if you don't have kids that can go on the rides and you don't have any friends with you or something it's a bit boring... Ah well! Was still good tough!

Lucas is doing really well with sitting up.. He can kind of sit up on his own, for a little while but then falls over...He seems to be getting better at it, being able to sit for longer every day, so I don't think it will be long until he can actually do it!! :happydance: His legs are also very strong and he likes standing on them! He's also enjoying his doorbouncer a lot more now! He's not really rolling over yet.. he rolls from his back to his side and back but he doesn't really roll all the way.. he did it on the bed this morning for the first time though, so I hope he'll start doing it more often now! He has found his feet aswell and he likes holding onto them, doesn't put them in his mouth just yet but probably won't be long :p
Like you said, he also wants more attention and wants to be entertained more than before and it IS hard work! Especially cause he can be soooo moody!! :dohh:

We've just had a family photoshoot, I posted most of the pictures on here so if you wanna have a look, here's the link: https://www.babyandbump.com/baby-cl...-show-off-our-family-photoshoot-pictures.html

Lucas is weighing just over 15lbs now! He's still a big boy, though his weightgain has slowed down! Like Serena he always chomps on his hands and he likes talking and laughing and smiling :) (when he's in the mood)
He's still not sleeping very well, but I just try not to expect anything better than him waking every 3 hrs and then I'm ok.... Last night his first stretch was 4.5hrs so that was a nice surprise ;)

Let me know how you're doing! Hope the cyst isn't causing too many problems!! I've gotta go now, gonna play a game with Jay (try and beat him at mariokart) - he's waiting for me.. .So I'll speak to you soon!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCLy9zGb5PM

Wow- great pics! You have just inspired me to get ours done! I keep meaning to get some done!
My goodness Lucas is big now! I think the last pic is the one on your avatar I saw. I love the door bouncer thing. We dont have a proper door way I can get that for. Unless i do the bedroom doors. Our downstairs is all open plan!
Sounds like he is doing great. Serena is also learning to roll (just to her side) has discovered her feet and sucking her fingers! She is also 'talking' and needs so much more interactive time. I am trying to get her to sit on my lap but I wouldnt leave her on her own either. Amazing huh? Just starting to wean a little, baby rice and banana and some mung bean juice (indian thing)- BLISS guidelines for preemies suggest weaning earlier so I am getting her tasters in. I think she may also be teething :(
Well I shall keep this short as I just got back from my mum's. (hence the long time replying) Madame is stirring and up from her nap too! Let me know how you guys are x

Hey, been ages since we talked. How are you doing? We're all good. Hqve started lucas on (heinz) breakfast and also started to wean him off breastfeeding and onto formula. He has 3 bottles a day from tomorrow! He's also got 2 teeth now and he has started rolling both ways, he loves rolling around the room, he does nothing else haha :p think he's gonna start crawling soon, he puts his knees under his tummy and he can push himself up in his arms quite high but he just needs to put the 2 together to sit on all fours and then start crawling :p

How is serena doing? Still gaining weight properly?

Oh lucas is crying so i better go and sort him out! Hope you guys are ok!

Hey babe! Lucas is becoming such a big boy! I hope he liking formula and food!
Seems like we keep meaning to meet and then never do! Busy busy bee's!

Serena is well. She has also started weaning- preemie babies are weaned a bit earlier so she has been having puree foods and baby rice for about 3 weeks. she loves it. Hates her milk and have had to put her on Aptamil and sneak in her special weight gaining formula when she doesnt expect it! LOL- She is a smart babba!

She is also rolling but not too much! I am not sure she is totally strong enough as she is just 12lb now! About a normal baby size now!

How are you doing? Are you well? How are you with motherhood etc. How is Jay?

Just watching about these riots and hear they are coming into Woolwich... take care hun!

Lets get a date to meet soon- I know we keep saying it but we should LOL- Having said that- I have to go to my mum's next week so it will have to be at the end of Aug or first week of Sept. I am happy to have you over if thats easier (and cheaper!)

Min

Hey!

The riots reached wwich towncentre on monday night... They burnt out whetherspoons and smashed up most of the shops downtown and probably looted them aswell... https://www.flickr.com//photos/william_ralph/show/with/6024742827/
It's a mess.. Not been downtown yet though and don't really want to - especially not without Jay (or with Lucas)
I'm gutted though cause we ordered some shoes for Lucas on the mothercare website and got them delivered to the shop but not sure when it's open or if it has even been closed or not... I was looking forward to picking his little shoes up!
We even put Lucas in our bedroom last night as he sleeps upstairs and we sleep on the groundfloor so in case anything happened he was with us and a bit safer that way...

Can't believe Serena is 12lbs now! wow!! Though it seems small compared to Lucas as he was 13lbs 10oz at 9 weeks and he is now 17lbs 7oz

Good idea to set a date soon! I am available most of the time, so whatever is best for you! :)

Hey,
Good idea to stay safe- I was thinking of getting all of us in the room with Serena. I have to admit I can not get myself to sleep in the main room. So I am still in Serena's room. I know I will have to move soon!
Heard alot of Powis Street shops and Barclays and Wilkinson was also looted. These thugs grrhhh I hope they get what they deserve. In the meantime stay out of it I say.
I am free in a week or so. Off to my mum's on Friday and there for around ten days!
Hope Lucas is well and let me know how you are doing weaning.
love min x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->