• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anyone gave birth in Woolwich???

Just been to see mw. Got booked for induction on saturday.
Will have to go in at 9pm and get monitored, then they'll examine me and give me gel on cervix and then wait and see.... They wait 6 hrs and if nothing's happened they'll give me another dose of gel. Apparently first time mums tend to need 2 doses, so that's why they do it in the evening so you can get some sleep before getting the 2nd dose and labour starting... Though for some first time mums 1 dose is enough.. It all depends on what cervix is doing...

Had a sweep done aswell, VERY uncomfortable... not painful, but no fun either!
But my cervix ain't quite ready yet.... my notes say: cervix position posterior, not effaced, starting to soften. Managed sweep. Cord/placenta felt -1 above ischial spines (whatever that means).
So it's not looking very likely that I'll go into labour naturally atm.... She said I could get another sweep done on friday if I want it.... Not sure whether I do or not, but I can decide that on thursday and ring them on friday to see if someone can come and do another one.

So yeah, like I said.... it's looking like induction for me.... We'll see what happens!
At least hopefully that'll work and then we should have our LO by sunday hopefully!
Just wish he wasn't so stubborn and would just come out!!

i am glad they are getting a move on hun! He will be here soon! Wow Saturday- not long to go! I hope the sweep gets things moving along. When did you get the sweep done? I hope you have aquick one gel working type of induction :)

i am glad they are getting a move on hun! He will be here soon! Wow Saturday- not long to go! I hope the sweep gets things moving along. When did you get the sweep done? I hope you have aquick one gel working type of induction :)

had the sweep done today... around 15.15. Just had some pains again but they've stopped.....or have they?? hmm.. not sure what's going on....

oh ok- maybe something will happen with it tonight then! I hope so. Fingers crossed heh?

hey, any news? Hope things are moving along for you x

hey, any news? Hope things are moving along for you x

I have been in a lot of pain tonight!! Been losing parts of my plug all day... Then when I got back from a walk downtown the baby started moving and it hurt everytime he did! And then I started getting some sort of pains (that I've had before and always thought were contractions) and at the same time baby would be moving aswell!
After a while (about an hour or so) it started to get a bit less, but I'm in pain again now!
Not sure what's going on!! Can't really explain either though... the pains that I thought might be contractions are mostly in my back, but also a bit down in my pelvis/top of my legs... (just under my bump).

I'm not having a good night!! Don't think I'm in labour though :( Hope I am though :p at least I'm hurting for a good reason then!
Phoning the mw in the morning to see if I can get another sweep done tomorrow or friday (had one yesterday 3.30pm)

Whoohoo I'm sooo excited today!! :happydance:
So I had a sweep on tuesday, had pains all night after that, and been losing bits of my plug yesterday. Then had more pains last night and this morning just before I was gonna phone the mw to get another sweep booked for tomorrow I went to the toilet and there I had my show!!! TMI - Lots of goo with some blood/brown in there.... It was gross!!

But I'm really excited now cause I was starting to give up again, thinking I'd have to go in saturday night to get induced!
But it's looking a bit more positive now!! and I'm still getting another sweep tomorrow (if nothing's happened yet) - which might just help push me over the edge to go into labour :) Yay!! :happydance:

I realise I probably sound really stupid, but well! I don't care :p hihi

:wohoo: keep me posted. I really do hope this is it.

:wohoo: keep me posted. I really do hope this is it.

Well it seems like I am at least in early labour, as I've been having (irregular) contractions ever since a little while after I had my show...
They've just started to become a bit more painful/strong. But still 8-10 minutes apart and lasting about 50 sec. Not timed enough yet to see if it's actually a pattern or just random that I had a couple that were all between 8 and 10 minutes apart...
So we'll see... But at least things are moving along!!
I'm guessing I'll have our boy by tomorrow!! *fingers crossed* :happydance:

But I'm pretty sure they are actual contractions cause I've been getting them for so long now... though I do keep thinking everytime when it feels like I haven't had one for a while: oh... what if they stop!! But they seem to keep coming.... :happydance:

Getting a little nervous about the rest of labour though, the pushing bit and that.. but then I try not to think about it, as it will probably be a bit of a blur anyway, and I'll have pain relief by that point... We'll see how it goes...
But the bags and carseat are already in the hallway downstairs :p Ready to go :p hahaha..

And still no news!!!
Been having contractions all day yesterday and today (and during the night). Been about 3-5 minutes apart but still irregular so hospital said to stay home...
Had the mw round this morning for another sweep and she said cervix was effacing a bit and 1cm dilated, still posterior position though... But since she's done that 2nd sweep (that was VERY uncomfortable, and even a bit painful!) the contractions have been very painful!! Couple of times been so bad that I was crying! And felt a couple of times like I couldn't do it anymore... But I'm still at home... sort of coping... cause hospital will probably just send me back home anyway!
MW said to see what happens and reckons we won't need the induction tomorrow night, but she also didn't think we'd be going into hospital tonight... so I'll have to try and get through it and try to get as much sleep/rest as I can tonight and hope for the best tomorrow (or maybe during the night).
Just lost another bit of my plug aswell, eventhough I had my show yesterday...

So yeah, fingers crossed something more will start to happen soon...
And I'll keep you upto date......

ohh this is really exciting. I hope to hear your good news when I get up in the morning.
I do hope this is it! It sounds like the beginning!
Good luck!
Sending you lots of vibes and thoughts.
M

I'm not finding it very exciting as everything is going soooo slow and I'm in a lot of pain already, and probably not even that far dilated yet... so wonder what it's gonna be like when things are progressing further!

All I want right now is to get some sleep, then get regular contractions so I can go into hospital and see how far along I am and know what's gonna happen..... Rather than just sitting at home in a lot of pain and not knowing how things are downthere.... (I'd check myself, but don't wanna risk it now as I lost my plug so there's more chance of infection).

Still losing bits of my plug....just had some more come away - guess that's a good sign that I'm probably dilating....

Finally got to have a no2 aswell...been wanting to have one for a couple of days but didn't need/ couldn't do one... sorry TMI!!! :p

How's your little princess doing anyway?? She growing properly yet?? And is there any news about taking her home?? Or is she home already??
And are you enjoying your little bundle of joy?? And hubby??
Bet you're well chuffed (even if she's still in hospital).

We finally had our little man on sunday!!! :D
He's gorgeous and sooo sweet!!! And he's just the best!! Sleeps quite a lot, feeding well and is just great!! :D
Would've let you know sooner but haven't really had a lot of time/energy.
But here you go!! Here are some pictures for you :)

I'll be writing a birthstory later, so I'll give you the link once I've done it - might take a couple of days/week or so though!!

Attachments

• DSC_0024.jpg
    DSC_0024.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 2
  • DSC_0029.jpg
    DSC_0029.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 1
  • DSC_0030.jpg
    DSC_0030.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 1
  • DSC_0026.jpg
    DSC_0026.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 1
Welcome lil man! I hope he is still behaving. Dont worry I totally understand with regards to posting... fit it in when you can. I would love to hear how you are getting on.
TC

Minimin

Just wrote my birthstory and put it online:
https://www.babyandbump.com/birth-s...after-very-long-early-labour.html#post9362690

How are you doing anyway?? Is the little girl home yet??

Just off to read your birth story when I should be getting some sleep! Hope you and Lucas are doing well. Hugs to him!
My girl has been home since Monday :wohoo: Serena Millie is the name we are liking the most. Off to register her on Wednesday so hopefully we dont keep changing our minds!lol
Minimin

Yay!!! We've also been home since monday.... Bet you're glad to have her home! But have to get used to the broken night's sleep :p
Ah well, it's worth it right?!
Are you breastfeeding now??

I like the name you picked!! Stick with it!! ;)
We're registering Lucas on the 8th of march (I think... Jay made the appointment).
How are you doing with your stitches and that?? Hope you're getting a lot of rest as you'll need it!!

Let me know what you thought of the birth story ;)

Hey!
Just a note to see how you and Lucas are doing. Hope you guys are all settled in nicely and into a happy routine.

I am still getting used to the nights! Serena Millie is up around 2-3x. I try and get DH to do one of them so I am not up every couple of hours. It takes around 1hr to get her fed, nappy change and back to sleep.
Having been in Special Care she was given the bottle and has since not taken to the boon. I am perservering but not succeeding :( :cry: But I am expressing. It is all double the work than being on the boob as I have to clean and sterilise the bottles and expressing equipment but she is still getting the 'golden juice'
She is also gaining weight nicely and at her EDD of 16th of March was 6lb so she was probably always going to be a small chick!

Hope things are well with you and Lucas. How is Jay taking to it all. DH has had a manic time at work this month so I feel like a single mum! Thank goodness I have had my Mum and sister helping out. He will hopefully have some time off in April :shrug:

Well let me know how you are doing. Hope to hear from you soon.

Love Minimin x

Hey! Been ages since we wrote :)

We're doing well!! Have been struggling quite a bit sometimes as Lucas usually had his fussy time from 10pm till 12am and just wouldn't settle! Made me cry all the time, cause I felt bad for getting frustrated with him and not knowing what he wanted as he'd been fed and changed and just wouldn't wanna sleep!
It's getting a bit easier now though... We've just had a rough patch which was probably a growth spurt but he's been really good last night and all day today and starting to sleep a bit better again aswell! He used to be able to nap for at least 2 hours during the day but lately he'd wake up about 15/30 minutes after I'd put him down! But like I said he's getting a bit better again now. So hopefully it'll just get easier from now on.

He's 4 weeks (exactly a month) old tomorrow! He's growing like crazy!! He got weighed last monday and weighed 10lbs 6oz - which was 2lbs 4oz more than when he was born - following the 75% line perfectly :)
He's also started to notice his mobile and following us when we move :) And I think I got my first real smile this morning - he's been smiling in his sleep a lot, but they're just twitches really, probably gas or something, but this morning he was looking at me and gave me a smile and was 'cooing' as he did it so I think that might have been the first proper one! Ow and he tried to roll on his side yesterday aswell!! And starting to hold his head up when he's on his tummy - he managed to lift it quite high a couple of times...

Jay's also been really busy at work, lots of inspections on his boots (for the royal wedding and that) so he's knackered aswell and I'm doing all the nightfeeds myself, cause he needs his sleep aswell! We're gonna try to let him do the 3am (ish) feed on friday nights though, so I can get 1 longer block of sleep.
Lucas usually feeds every 3 hours. Goes to sleep around 12/1/2am and then feeds every 3 hours or so. But he usually has 1 feed where he also takes about an hour to go back to sleep, which is usually the 3am feed :S Nice! ;)

Anyway, glad to hear you're doing well! Have you talked to a bf consultant? Maybe it would help you to use nipple shields?? As they're more like the teat of a bottle right??
But like you said at least she's still getting the 'good stuff' :p How is her weight? Is she following a line in the red book??
Have you been discharged by the midwife yet? And how are you recovering from your c-section?? Are you able to do some more things now??
How's little Miss doing with development, like holding her head up and focussing on things and that??

Ok enough for tonight ;) Speak to you later!!! xxx

btw, just changed my avatar - it's my favourite pic of Lucas, it was the day after he was born in the hospital with the first toy we bought him, just minutes after we found out he was gonna be a boy!
We're gonna get that picture printed on canvas :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->