• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anyone gave birth in Woolwich???

p. s no allergies i can think of really. unless i have become allergic now I am pregnant. the woman I spoke to said it can be one of those things as hormones change towards the end of pregnancy :shrug: just my luck heh?

Yeah nothing happening here.... I put a thread on and googled it, apparently it's just the baby pushing his head on the cervix or it could be to do with the cervix changing.... So I guess in a way it is a good sign....
Bit disappointed now, but it does make me feel more like it COULD happen in the next couple of days...

You shouldn't be scared of a c-section... apparently all you feel is a bit of tugging/pressure... it's just the pain afterwards that I wouldn't be looking forward to, and the things you're not allowed to do afterwards... it takes a long time to heal .... Sorry don't mean to put you off!!
You'll be fine :)
At least it's a good thing that she shouldn't have to stay in that long!!
Just one thing... the visiting times for partners are a bit poo.... At least that's what we thought... they're from 8.30-12.30 and then from 3-10pm so your OH can't be there all day.... I wouldn't like that, but you might like to get a break from your OH :p haha

At least you got to talk to your hubby and work things out about last night....
Did he change his mind about coming to the appointment ???

We're watching 'forgetting sarah marshall' atm, gonna go to bed when this is finished....

Let me know how your appointment went (it's tomorrow isn't it???)

Hey you,
how was your evening. Did oyu enjoy the rest of that movie. I hope you got some sleep. any news your side
I am going in on Tuesday for my C- section. Had the steroid shot to mature her lungs this morning and get the second dose tomorrow. Am shitting it and so worried for her to say the least. I dont know how I am going to get through the coming days. They are doing daily monitoring for me until Tuesday so I am in sat, sun and monday! eek

Hope you have your little one over the weekend too. Let me know how you are. I just got back and about to take a nap- morning appt and all the emotional and physical battering has taken its toll and i need a sleep.

Speak soon.

xxx

Hey!!

I had a shitty night sleep.. kept waking up, tossing and turning and dreaming about labour and stuff....
And couldn't sleep around 5.30 - did eventually get back to sleep, but took a while.... So I was quite tired.. though I did wake up at 10, so not that late....
Jay was tired aswell, got home and he had a nap with his head on my belly, and little Lucas was kicking his head :p
Just got back from town, cause I fancied a big banana milkshake, so we went to mcdonalds...
Just before we left I had a bounce on my ball and had went to the toilet after, and I think some of my plug was starting to come away, as I had a little bit of 'snotty' mucus on the tissue...only a tiny tiny bit though.... So guess the ball is working :p
I also checked my cervix yesterday and it's definitely dilating, it's about a cm atm I think... So at least I know things are progressing...
Gonna have another bounce in a minute...

Can't believe you're gonna have your baby by tuesday!!! I'm so jealous!! Not of you having to have a c-section ofcourse!!
Hope you'll get some rest and try not to worry!! She'll be fine!! :)
Obviously they think she'll be better off outside the womb than inside, otherwise they wouldn't get her out! So it's all for her own good :) And you'll have your little girl then! How amazing is that!!! :)
I still hope I'll beat you to it though....
Jay still thinks (and hopes) that he'll come this weekend - sunday...
And I'm keeping my fingers crossed... especially now I know things are actually moving down there... not sure how fast and that, but we'll see... At least there's hope!
Probably should try :sex: again tonight ;)

We just bought Lucas the little monkey suit we saw in mothercare.... here's a picture https://www.mothercare.com/Motherca...ing=UTF8&m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&n=76108031&mcb=core
Bought it in a 3-6 month size... so he should be able to wear it when we take him out in the pram, and it'll be warmer by the time it fits so it won't be all covered under blankets :p

Anyways I'm gonna have another bounce (number 3 today :p)
Try to get as much rest as you can...and get the last bits ready for your LO....Try to get the nursery sorted or something, so you can keep busy with that and not worry too much about her!!
You'll have her soon!! :) YAY :happydance: Can't wait to see pictures when she's here, so you'll have to send me some :)

Oh yeah... keep your fingers crossed for me going into labour by myself before you have her though!! :p That was the deal right? I'd have Lucas before you have your LO ;)

hee hee. love the monkey outfit!!! He is going to look so cute when you take him out in there!

We are thinking of a few errands tomorrow- maybe some more preemie clothes for her and the moses basket mattress. DH will have to sort out cot and mattress too as we havent got that ready. She will be small so in the moses basket most of the time I think.

I am sending lucas 'get out quick' vibes! LOL. Though I have to say snot and dilated cervix all sounds promising. Make sure you bouncy tons today- I did read somewhere that ladies were doing it for like an hour! eeek! Also :sex: up tons! LMAO!

How cute is the vision of Jay on bump and lucas kicking him. Hey perhaps if you make lucas a lil more uncomfortable in there he will come out! LMAO!!!!

DH is working in the main headoffice in town this afternoon. He is going to be home around 8 if lucky. I sent him a message to say we have 4 more nights and then will have the little one. He needs to spoil me. Doubt he will get it through his thick skull though!

DH had the hospital bag with him in the car today so I will have to get the preemie stuff packed now it should be here. We had to have it delivered to the WENCH MIL as she was home and I was at the hospital. DH should pick it up today or tomorrow. I need a few things like Lanolin and Benacol (to help things moving- constipation and stitches is not going to be nice! Milk storage pouchs so I can express, Muslin clothes etc so I am sure I will be busy with that. Sunday I will probably go out to Blackheath with DH and perhaps catch a movie and dinner. and Monday I dont know- eeekkk!

I hope MR Lucas makes his appearance soon. sending you lots of labour vibes!
What are you guys doing this evening?
Minimin

Sounds like you're gonna be plenty busy until she's here then!!
I wish I knew when our LO will be here...
I had as my status on facebook earlier that I was hoping the walk downtown might get this baby coming and my sister commented: what makes you think you're any different from the other women in our family....
That pissed me off that comment, cause everyone in my family keeps saying I'm gonna be late cause my nan, mum and aunties were all late... Apparently it doesn't have to mean I'm gonna be late aswell though...

Bounced around for a couple of minutes on my ball, and did some more rocking... and then just sat on the ball for a while after - while peeling potatoes and getting the veggies ready for dinner.
Went to the toilet after but nothing more is coming out - yet.... Hoping :sex: will work tonight... If Jay is upto it...
Just hurry up LO!!! :p
Thanks for sending Lucas the 'come-out-mummy-wants-to-meet-you-vibes' :p Keep em coming!!

What did your OH say when you told him he'll have his little girl on tuesday???
Hope he spoils you a bit before she's here!! Just make him ;)

We're not doing much tonight, having sausage & mash for dinner, probably while watching EE, and watching million pound drop later aswell... And I guess we'll be going up to bed after that... So just relaxing really!!
You???

Ola!!

Sounds like a nice evening planned :)

Ignore your sister. I am slowly realizing people don't know half the crap that comes out of their mouth most of the time. How educated is she on delivery timings and genetics/hereditary traits? I am sure not! I'm sure you have read more than she has. Did you say anything to her or are you being calm and able to let it go. With our hormones and shit it really is hard to let things go - well for me at least!

"come out Lucas come out!!! there are so many of us waiting to meet you! Most of all your mummy and daddy!"

DH is being a knob- so nothing new there. I wont hold my breathe on being spoilt. I'll just make sure I get money off him once she is here for housekeeping and make sure I treat myself to something from it!

Dont know what to have for dinner- did think of ordering in, movie and chilling with DH but he is out with his 'boys' after work and wont be home until 9 so F that idea.

I dont know what I fancy eating at all! LOL I seem to be in a funk with food atm. think I am just bored of cooking! LOL

EE on at 8 so I better get something to eat- and then I am going to rent a movie on SKY - DH can pay- lol - and have movie night in me thinks!!!
Oh I'm getting some dull period like cramps since about two hours- Did you get that? no back pain! Is that braxtons?
Speak soon!

Hehe I just replied to my sister: what makes you think I'm not?? Apparently it doesn't matter anyway :p So there we go :p

You should treat yourself to something nice for dinner and get yourself a nice film on sky :)

I've not really had any period like cramps... I'm hoping for them though :p
Do you know how long they're lasting or how far apart they are... If they're not really hurting or are irregular than they should be BH.
But I've never really felt any BH I think...
And not everyone gets back pain.... And some people only get back pain, and none in their bump... So can't really help you on that!!

Oh... no EE tonight.... Stupid six nations Rugby is on tonight.... That's why EE was on on wednesday then.... Ah well... Guess I'll start cooking in a minute then...

Yeah I went down and settled and realised no EE. I watched a movie called 'my name is khan' and then 'american pie 2' still wide awake as I snoozed earlier in the day.

I had some pitta pockets- DH was stuck on jubilee line delays and I couldnt wait.
think Dinner tomorrow- if I am not too knackered and then lunch on Sunday is on the cards.

hope your well and let me know your progress- if any! :) come on Lucas!!! Come out and play!!

BTW- just had period cramps for like a couple of hours and then nothing! LOL- so dont know :shrug:

TC and i'll catch you in the afternoon- I have to go in for my second steroid shot and CTG tomorrow morning at 9. then we will probably get the errands done :)

Minimin :dust: to get Lucas out!

So you had an ok night then last night?? Hope you enjoyed your films and got to get some good sleep later on.

I was feeling sooo uncomfortable last night... and LO didn't wanna sit still which wasn't helping at all... Had a shower and got into bed to watch the million pound drop and he was still kicking off... Was hoping for some :sex: but Jay and I were both really tired... We watched grey's anatomy on my laptop before going to sleep but I kept checking how much of the episode was left as I was so tired...
So we decided to go to sleep.

This morning I was awake by 8.30 - keep waking up earlier and earlier!! Seduced Jay when he woke up this morning ;) And (this is gonna be TMI) but he said there was something 'snotty' on his 'willy' afterwards.... So I reckon it might be (a part of) my plug.... But I didn't see it, so not sure!
Nothing's happening yet. I'm sort of hoping for something to start but at the same time I'm like: yeah whatever, nothing's gonna happen, cause he'll probably be late..... :p
Fingers crossed though! - Only got 3 days left to beat you to it!! ;)

How weird is that... knowing you're gonna have your baby there in 3 days time!!
How did your appointment go this morning?? And did you get all your errands done???

We're not doing a lot today... Jay just got himself some new guitartabs, so he's playing on his guitar a bit, while waiting for his mate to come home. He's got some boots to polish and do up properly for monday (and that usually takes ages!!) So he'll be busy with that all day and most of tomorrow probably, but he needs his mates blowtorch, so he's gotta wait till his mate is in.....Not sure what I'll be doing today.. not a lot probably. Gonna have another look at the instructions for the carseat, see how it's supposed to be put in the car again.. already had a look at it before, but thought I'd give it another look, so I'm sure how to do it!

Anyways, I'm off!! Let me know how everything went today!!

YAY!!!! You're having your little girl today!!! (if you haven't already had her, as I haven't heard from you for a while, but you were busy getting things ready I suppose!)

I am now 1 day overdue... and still going.. Nothing's happening.. had a backache all day yesterday and still got it a bit this morning.... Hoping it's a sign that things are gonna happen soon, but trying not to think about it too much!

Good luck with your baby :) Can't wait to see pictures and hear your story, so update soon!! :)

Hey hun,
Sorry to have been so slow on updating! Baby Gami-Asani decided to come on Sunday morning via C. Section! She is a wee thing coming in at 3lb 8oz so she is being kept at SCBU until she has put some weight on. I had reduced movement on the Friday night and FAU decided to keep me in for monitoring. I was then told they would bring my C Section early and it would be Sunday morning. All went well, she came out screaming and is breathing on her own! ATM- feeding is through a tube but I am expressing and she is tolerating all the good stuff! I also got to hold her for the first time yesterday! Papa has been given the important task of changing nappies and she has been keeping him busy!
Just got discharged myself from the hospital this evening so I shall keep this short. She is expected to stay in SCBU for a few more weeks. Please send her lots of fattening up vibes.

Now you have not posted for a couple of days so I hope you have had lil lucas! Looking forward to hearing your news soon.

I'll post more and pics when I am more alert and in the land of the living! It is manic running to SBCU everyday! But she is sooo worth it :)

Ahw congrats!!! She's gotta be soooo small!!! Wonder what she looks like!!
Bet you're very happy that everything's over now and she's doing well?!
Are you feeling alright yourself?? Hope she fattens up a bit for you! ;)

I'm still walking around pregnant... Been to my appointment today, measuring 38cm (Which was good she said), 3/5 engaged now.... He's still being a little bugger and moving lots!
Got some stabbing pains when he was moving again yesterday, must've been him engaging more or something like that...
Jay and I are both keeping our fingers crossed that he'll make his appearance this weekend!!
If not, I've got another appointment on tuesday and then I should get booked for an induction at 41+5 (Which would be my MIL's birthday... and the day after is my brother's birthday... ) Hoping we won't have to go down that road though!!

A friend of mine had her baby on my duedate :( She had him early though and they'll probably get released from hospital tomorrow, so I said hopefully I'll get to go into hospital tomorrow ;)

Well my dinner is ready now (bit late) so I've gotta shoot!!
Can't wait to see some pictures though!!!
Good luck and enjoy your LO!! :)

Oh come on Lucas! I am rooting for you and cant wait to meet you.

I bet you are getting all fed up now! Have you tried all the tricks in the book?

I am glad she is here but there is a whole new set of worries- is she going to be ok- is she going to gain weight? is she strong enough to be outside yet? why cant she come home?

The worst is having to leave her at Special Care and come home, having given birth I came home without her 3 days later :cry: I am trying to keep positive- she is feeding well and I am focusing on expressing as much as I can to give her my milk. So far so good!

here's a pic hun- I dont really take many as she is in the incubator.

Let me know how you are doing. I spend most of the day at the hospital but back home by evening. I am back to the hospital this evening to drop some of my milk to her :) just waiting to express but I am knackered!

How was dinner?:wacko:

Oops sorry here's a pic taken this morning.
No real scale for you to gage how small she is though.
IMG_1506.jpg

Yeah Lucas, come on!! Hurry up!! :p
I just wrote on the feb. babies thread that I'm gonna go to bed in a bit, hoping to wake up in the middle of the night (or in the morning - preferably) in a lot of pain or a wet patch ;)

I can imagine it must be really hard knowing you're not pregnant anymore but not having your baby at home with you!
(look on the bright side: you might actually get some sleep at night ;))
At least she's here now and you've had your baby after having some trouble with mc's and that....

As long as she's feeding I'm sure she'll be fine! They're probably just keeping her in hospital to make sure she's getting enough food and growing and gaining weight before letting her go home with you!!
Have you got any idea when she might be allowed to come home???

Well I'm off to bed now, am knackered - though today I actually slept till 9.30 :happydance: which is very good as for the past week or so I've been waking up between 7 and 8!
Helped me feel a lot more positive today as I've been quite down the past couple of days!

Anyway, like I said, I'm off to bed!! I'll keep you upto date as to what's happening (or not happening) with our little monkey!

Still nothing here.... Just sitting around waiting!!
Just done some more cleaning - I've never cleaned our house so often :p haha

Come on Lucas!! Time to come out.....

`oh no! I bet you are so fed up! I have been thinking about you even though I have not had a chance to message you. I was hoping you would have had some thing happen.
Are you due to see a MW soon- have you booked/discussed what your options are now?

Lil baba is doing well. She is able to feed from bottle and I am trying her on me- very hard and my nipples are sooopo sore. I am expressing as well using a machine so they can feed her my milk.
She has put on weight since Wednesday so I hope she keeps on doing so!

Hope Lucas isnt making you too uncomfortable. I can imagine how much you are done with being pregnant.

Keep me posted!!
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"