Anyone giving goat's milk?

anneliese

Reaction score
I am thinking about introducing goat's milk instead of cow's milk, but was wondering for those of you who do it, what do you do about other dairy products? Should I also give LO goats yogurt and cheese? So far I've been giving cheese from cows milk because I thought the other would be too salty. I did yogurt from both goats milk and cows milk and DS won't eat either currently.

I have heard people giving goat milk for children allergic with cow milk

I am not going to give it for allergies, but I have read it's closer to human's milk and much easier to digest for babies than cow's milk is

I give my son goat's milk, and he eats regular yogurt from cow's milk. I haven't given him cheese yet, but I'll give him cheese from cow's milk when he's ready. I like the goat's milk because it's easier to digest. He seems to be taking it just fine.

We have goats milk....
Use sheeps yoghurt ..lot less tangy than goats yoghurt
St helens Goats milk ice cream is nice
I think goats cheese is nasty n lo doesnt like it either. I dont mind feta every now and again.

We use goat's milk and cow's milk. Cow's milk on its own seems to lead to exczema and diarrhea, about 50/50 (even a little less) goat's milk/cow's milk seems to fix it. We use powdered goat's milk so it's a lot like mixing formula. I can't always get goat's milk yogurt. We also get grass-fed cow's yogurt for him, which is REALLY tart. I think they let it culture longer (eating more of the lactose). It's also the only way to reliably get fruit and veg into kiddo right now, so we mix puree into it (a little more than the yogurt).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->