Anyone going to have 3 under 4?

honeysuede

Reaction score
So when this little one arrives my boys will be 3yrs 10 months & 17 months. Naturally I am a little nervous about coping but I am also excited for the challenge. Is anyone else in a similar boat?

A lot of people have said going from 1 child to 2 is harder than going from 2-3 but I wonder if this applies when there is shorter age gapsxx

I had 3 under 4...when 3rd was born my oldest was 3 years 8 months and my other was 18 months (similar to you ). I did find it easier than going from 1 to 2 kids. But also my 3rd was/is such an easy going baby so I really lucked out.
You'll be fine don't worry!

Me! DD will be 3 and DS will be 2 when this little bean is born!

I'm in the same boat. However his is my 4th baby. My oldest is 6, when baby arrives my daughter will be 3yrs 11months, my youngest son will be 2, and then baby. Busy busy!!

Thanks for the replies! Good to hear I am not alone and that it is manageable :) people keep saying "you don't want them too close together" and I am secretly thinking "bog off yes I do" haha I can imagine the reactions when I announce I am pregnant xx

I'm in the same boat. However his is my 4th baby. My oldest is 6, when baby arrives my daughter will be 3yrs 11months, my youngest son will be 2, and then baby. Busy busy!!
wow how lovely :) great names too, just seen in your signature:thumbup: x

honeysuede, I agree with you. I know it's going to be tough for the next couple of years, but later on, all the kids will be very close to the same age and I think that will be tons of fun!

My oldest daughter will be 2 years and 8 months my and my younger daughter will be 16 months and then this one will come. It will be tough but this is what we hoped for I'm excited but nervous to see people's reactions but it's my choice :)

WantsAlittle1- that is exavtly how mw and my husband see it, tough for a few years but so worth it :) x

Tgrich- wow congrats! How lovely to have them so close! I totally agree, people's opinions are irrelevant, it's your choice and a lovely one at that xx

This little one is due the week before my oldest turns 4, and my second will be 2.5. Everyone keeps telling me I'm 'mad' but tbh my first gap was 17 months and we all survived that intact, so these age gaps seem really big to me and I didn't want my third being the odd one out!

PS my oldest is also a Jack! X

Thanks for the replies! Good to hear I am not alone and that it is manageable :) people keep saying "you don't want them too close together" and I am secretly thinking "bog off yes I do" haha I can imagine the reactions when I announce I am pregnant xx

People tell me that too...and I'm also a little scared of telling people due to reactions. This is number 4 for me...my oldest is 4.5, then 2.5, and I have a 9 month old, and currently 13 weeks pregnant.
I haven't even told anyone yet except dh(of course)...but as overwhelming as it might seem somehow we always manage!

That is so true, somehow we always manage! Going from 1 to 2 was hard but after that I feel like bring it on! haha and I am glad I am not the only one nervous of people's reaction but one thing I have learnt, as hard as it is to go against my nature, you can't worry about other people's opinions when you have a family of your own and you'redoing what you feel is best. xx

I'm on the same boat! im scared to death to have another baby, my daughter just turned 3 and my son just turned 1. We weren't expecting to have any more kids but yesterday after waiting almost two weeks for af my husband made me test. I have to admit i cried for a while. (Dk if it's because of the shock and all the hormones or the fact that my grandma was just diagnosed with cancer and given 4 months to live or just everything. . .) It's good to hear that it's easier going to 3 than it is to 2. My youngest doesnt (never has) like to sleep. Like at all!
5 wks 5 days and exhausted and nauseas. And need some sleep but hearing yalls stories gives me hope.

I will have a 4, 3, and newborn. I should be ok as both of my oldest are potty trained and sleeping through the night in their own bed.

People tell me that too...and I'm also a little scared of telling people due to reactions. This is number 4 for me...my oldest is 4.5, then 2.5, and I have a 9 month old, and currently 13 weeks pregnant.
I haven't even told anyone yet except dh(of course)...but as overwhelming as it might seem somehow we always manage!

Yes for sure! I totally agree with this. There's an adjustment period with each baby born, and then we find a new normal. This is baby #4 for me too! I have a 6 yr old, 3yr old and 18 month old. I found the biggest challenge was going from 2 to 3 .... We will see what a 4th brings lol

Yes for sure! I totally agree with this. There's an adjustment period with each baby born, and then we find a new normal. This is baby #4 for me too! I have a 6 yr old, 3yr old and 18 month old. I found the biggest challenge was going from 2 to 3 .... We will see what a 4th brings lol

I've heard adding a 4th doesn't make a huge difference because you're already so busy anyway. Let's hope that holds true! Lol

I've heard adding a 4th doesn't make a huge difference because you're already so busy anyway. Let's hope that holds true! Lol

Yes I've heard that too. My mother in law had 4 kids and said this. Hoping it's true!! Lol!!!

Not 3 under 4 but 3 under 6 & I wish I had smaller age gaps now in hindsight but me & Dh weren't sure about a third for a long time but now we are sure I wish we had of just done it a year or 2 ago. The reason for this is the age gap I think closer is better & the thought of them all playing & being little & big together is sooo nice. The work load is what it is & will never be easy but it will be so worth it. Besides I'm sure you'll make it look easy us mum's always do! Good luck xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->