Anyone have an unassisted birth?

id not choose an unassisted birth but after having had a natural labour and delivery i really wouldnt be scared going it alone next time if mw's didnt get there in time. i have read birth stories of uc and think there amazing. x

I found with my hospital birth I turned to the hospital staff to "help" me birth but they were't much help, with my independent midwife attended I was anxious for them to arrive and once they did I again emotionally and practically handed over to my midwives to "help" me birth but they weren't much help. I was slow to catch on that the work was all mine. With my freebirths I wasn't looking to anybody to arrive or do anything - I looked myself and I just simply birthed. It was that straightforward. We simply took the phone off the hook and locked the door and didn't leave the house. I laboured while my family carried on as usual - read, baked, watched tv, played, slept, ate the cake, made another, filled the pool etc. Then I birthed, we put the pool down and we settled in to enjoy our babymoon.

I have already had my baby now, we planned a water birth at a birth center, wound up at the hospital with an induction due to the amniotic fluid all leaking out (without me knowing!). They did an u/s just to check as I was 11 days past due date and it was all gone. As much as I didn't want the birth I got, it has given me a much better feeling of the hospital, I had such a fear before (cried as they transferred me there) but it turned out well. I would absolutely do an unassisted birth in the future as long as I felt the pregnancy had gone smoothly with no complications.

Sorry to hear it wasn't as you planned, but glad hospital wasn't as awful as you thought, and congratulations on the arrival of Everly! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->