Anyone in New Zealand?

Thanks guys I can't believe she is a month old already it's gone so fast!! I havnt even put up my birth story yet. I've typed it up just got to put it on here lol

I can't believe you have even done that MM!! I have only filled in half of DS's baby book and he is 5 months old:haha:. So you are doing way better than me!

Well i just thought i would touch base with you all im still waiting now im overdue sooooo over it starting to get quite depressed over it to be honest.
Yesterday morning i woke up and went to the loo and had a small amount of blood on the loo paper but no more since then i hvae had an increase in the period type pains tho i dont really no whats going on, i hate the feeling of not knowing whats happening :(

Well i hope your all well :)

Hi ladies,

Just a quick check in - things are still a bit hectic around here.

Run down of the event. Started getting what felt like period pains around 5.30pm on Thursday night. Progressed so by 9.30pm we rang out midwife because the contractions were about 7 mins apart and we wanted to give her a heads up. She came and saw me at 11pm as they were about 4 mins apart. She said I was 2cm dilated, and also the baby had had his first poop in me (never a good sign) and I think she must have basically given me a sweep because I had my bloody show after she left.

She suggested a hot bath. So jumped in and the contractions slowed for a while then came on thick and fast. So after 45 mins I got out of the shower. By 1.30pm I couldn't handle the contractions as they were averaging 2 1/2 minutes apart. It was painful and I said I wanted to go to hospital. :growlmad:

We got there just after 2am with midwife a few minutes behind. She examined me and I was 5cm dilated. Then there was this hooha about how they couldn't give me an epi until they checked my bloods for something. Ended up not getting the epi until 4am!!! Hell on wheels. By this stage I was 7-8cm dilated. :dohh:

Felt like the labour was happening quite quickly. By 7am I was fully dilated. Pushed for 1 hour 15 mins before baby's heart rate stayed too high and also due to the fact that he had already pooped they took me to theatre. Said they would try forceps and then if that failed I would have a c-section. :nope:

By the time we got into theatre (9am) they said the foreceps wouldn't work so c-section it was. They sorted the block out and started the op.

Baby William Alan was born 9.23am Friday 4 May. :cloud9:

So that's my birth story.

Because he was a c-section baby they gave me skin to skin and then took him away. We knew something was wrong when we hadn't seen him again for four hours. :nope:

He had to be in the neonatal unit for two days because of small holes in his lungs (most likely from inhaling his first poop). He had all this 'free air' in and around his lungs that may have had to be drained. So he was in an incubator for two days. It was a bit horrifying. :cry:

His second xray on the second day showed the air in and around his lungs was receding so they didn't think they would have to drain it. We got to have William in our room on the third day (Sunday) after they thought he was stable.

He was given the all clear by another xray on Tuesday and so we came home that night (yesterday).

So didn't get much time with the little fella until the third day of his existence but we are just so happy he is ok!! :cloud9: :cloud9:

Sorry for the REALLY long post!!

Any news d1kt8r?!?

Attachments

• William.jpg
    William.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 0
Congrats Hun! Ella's heart rate went really high too (tachycardia) you often hear about heart rates dropping its not as often they get too high! Sorry bubs had to have some care but so glad all is well Hun. U enjoy xx

NAW wilsey he is adorable!!! Im still waiting im booked in for a sweep tomorrow and if nothing happens ill be induced on moday :( im so guttered everything i didnt want to happen is starting to happen :(
I just want my little man in my arms!

Totally understand. Im still surprised i went into labour. I had resigned myself to being induced.
Will all be worth it in the end, even if its not how you pictured it.

Hope the sweep work!!

1 thing I have learnt is that not everything always goes the way you planned. Once bubs is here and you are both safe and healthy that is what matters the most. I have grieved over the birth I never had, but at the end of the day both my girls are here and happy and thats what counts to me the most, the rest are memories that you have to make the most out of xxx

So wilsey did your waters not break? lol, i feel like im so close to going in to labour by myself but days just keep going by lol.

How are you finding it being a mummy, naw i cant wait to be a mummy and look into his eyes :)

Nope midwife broke my waters when i was almost 8cm.

Hope so darl. I just felt like i was getting my period and then the labour progressed from there. Didn't think it was real at first!

Its amazing!! hard to describe!

ill let you all no tomorrow night how the sweep goes :)

Yeah I heard most of the time the doctor or your midwife breaks your waters!

RIGHT..... Mw attempted a sweep yesterday but my cervix is 2cm long closed but soft, so she had a feel around but couldnt really sweep me due to not being able to get into my cervix lol, was pretty uncomfortable, she said that i might get a little bit of bleeding due to irritation, 2 hours later i did get some bloody gooey discharge the thing is it hasnt stoped, its just gone from being bright red to brown old looking blood but still "like snot" (best way i could discribe it lol) ive had an increase in cramping but more like a constant ache across my abdomen. Ive been achey for weeks so its hard for me to determin if its the beginnings of anything or not. I wish this whole this was text book but noooooo its gotta be so hard. ive been booked in for an induction 8:30am on tuesday so please have your fingers and toes crossed for me that he comes this weekend lol.

I hope the rest of you are all doing well :):)

I have everything crossed for you darl. I had the same type of discharge when my midwife examined me. So hoping its the start of something x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->