Anyone in their 20's and ttc #1?

peachcheeks

TTC #1
Reaction score
Hello! I go by PeachCheeks on here. I'm 23 years old and trying to conceive my first child with my husband. We've been trying since April of last year and have not been pregnant yet. This past month I took a break from my Clomid prescription (I've been on 50 mg for 3 months due to anovulatory cycles after birth control) and I don't think I have ovulated. It is sad and frustrating to me to know that being on birth control throughout my teenage years has affected my ttc journey so much. I guess my next step will be Provera to start AF and then start my 4th month of Clomid. Well, I was just giving a little background on where I am at right now so we can start a conversation! I would love to talk to anyone and hear any stories you are willing to tell :)

Hi Peachcheeks, I'm also 23 and this is our first month of ttc #1, but not actively trying with OPKs and charting just yet. If we aren't successful after 3 or 4 months I imagine we will then chart everything.

I can't imagine how hard it is still waiting for that OPK. Do you have regular cycles? I'm in the UK but I've heard great things about clomid and read a lot of positive stories on here!

Hi Peachcheeks, I'm also 23 and this is our first month of ttc #1, but not actively trying with OPKs and charting just yet. If we aren't successful after 3 or 4 months I imagine we will then chart everything.

I can't imagine how hard it is still waiting for that OPK. Do you have regular cycles? I'm in the UK but I've heard great things about clomid and read a lot of positive stories on here!

I meant BFP not OPK sorry!

Hi! i am 25 and have been trying to conceive for 6 months with my husband. However, we just started tracking last month with no luck. it has been frustrating to say the least. We married in May after 4 years together, in that time i have know 3 others who "accidentally" got pregnant, one of which is my best friend, who never wanted kids. I would love to hear what steps you guys are taking. I have been tracking my cycle with my phone app and also OPK test (that frustrate me to no end), i am going today to start pregnancy prep pills which were recommend to my husbands by a friends wife, have you heard of them? they were trying for a year and after a month of taking them she was pregnant, could be a coincidence but i am hoping not.

Hello! I go by PeachCheeks on here. I'm 23 years old and trying to conceive my first child with my husband. We've been trying since April of last year and have not been pregnant yet. This past month I took a break from my Clomid prescription (I've been on 50 mg for 3 months due to anovulatory cycles after birth control) and I don't think I have ovulated. It is sad and frustrating to me to know that being on birth control throughout my teenage years has affected my ttc journey so much. I guess my next step will be Provera to start AF and then start my 4th month of Clomid. Well, I was just giving a little background on where I am at right now so we can start a conversation! I would love to talk to anyone and hear any stories you are willing to tell :)

Hi Peachcheeks! My DH and I are both 25 and we're TTC our first child. I'm sorry to hear you've been so frustrated with TTC, my SIL was on Clomid and it worked for her (not sure on dosage or how long it took though) but she has 2 beautiful DD's age 18 months and 4 years old. So I hope whatever you do works for you and that it's not a long journey of TTC. :hugs:

Hello I am 20 but will be 21 this coming April. DH and I are trying for our 1st baby as well.

I'm 24, DH is turning 27 three weeks from now and we are TTC #1, started TTC in September so this is our 4th cycle, I got a positive ovulation test tonight of course the only night shift I have to work this month so no BD until tomorrow =( really hope that it's enough since my husband is having major surgery at the end of this cycle so the next one is definitely out since there is no BD for at least 4-6 weeks fallowing the surgery.

Hello peachcheeks, I'm ready2pop and I'm 23 also ttc my first child. I too have been having issues with conceiving. I am sorry to hear that everyone is going through this tough battle. But I hope it starts looking up for all of us

I'm 25 also & I was on depo a few years with NO cycle but soon as I stopped my cycle went back to normal. I've been off them two years now & we been charting the past 10 months but definitely consistent the past 6. I've been using the Ovia mobile app & every Opk I've taken has been a positive so it does help. I'm visiting my doctor this week to see what's the next step. My last visit I was told to count the first day of your period until day 11 then have intercourse up until day 21 while ttc. Hope it helps someone out there! Good Luck with Everything!

Hi :) I am 24 and ttc number 1. This will be our third month ttc, and I m worried it is going to take a long time to happen. I have been off taking the pill for well over 6 months now. I began charting bbt but found it was stressing me out so I stopped. Not been using OPK but I may try them next cycle.

Hey there! I am 25 and TTC #1 as well. You sound like you've had a tough time of it. This is my first cycle TTC so I dont have much of a story to tell yet.

Best of luck and babydust to all of you ladies :flower:

Hey Peachcheeks! I'm also 23 and my husband and I are now in our 8th cycle TTC #1. We've been trying since May 2014. We're waiting to see if anything happens before this May, one year TTC on our own, before going to a doctor. Partly because we're waiting for insurance stuff to be figured out. :shrug:
The wait can be discouraging and endless at times, but hang in there! There are a bunch of us in the same boat here, which helps tremendously to pass the time and listen to the occasional rant. :winkwink:

Hey, I'm 23 and this is cycle#2 TTC. We didnt test or track anything in cycle#1 -bfn. Started OPKs and BBT monitoring cycle#2 using the ovuview app (which i would reccommend!) Apart from thinking I haven't ovulated this cycle due to no temp rise, I haven't really got a story to tell!
It's nice to meet you all - finally able to talk to someone who knows what I'm on about lol

xLottiex

Hi there! We are TTC our 1st and this is the 1st month trying. I'm so excited and also very nervous. I started using OV tests around day 20 just in case and have been ever since, Just got my smiley face today (D27) :thumbup: we BD days 22,24, and 27. We'll do it again tonight and tomorrow!!! We also use pre-seed. I've heard so many success stories from it so I thought we should give it a try!

I know this is our 1st month trying but I am an impatient person haha I know I need to relax. I decided not to tell anyone we're TTC so I thought I could find friends on here to talk to!

I'm 28 so technically still 20s. Sigh, 30 is coming on faster than I thought it would. Husband and I have been trying since November 2013.

Hi, i'm 24 and fiance is 29, this is our second cycle ttc #1. Currently 4 dpo so hoping this month is lucky!is it just me or does anyone else feel envious when others are saying they are pregnant or see pregnant women? Xx

Hello everyone! Thank you so much for your words of support, encouragement and for making me smile! I have been so down in the dumps lately, which is why I haven't been online in a few days. Seeing your replies has really lifted my spirits! I will reply to you in the order you commented :)

Hi there MummyKP! Thank you for commenting on my post. I take OPKs but I don't recommend charting your temperature, only because it gets really stressful. You have to wake up at the same time everyday and any slight change can cause the temperature to be 'wrong'. I don't do it anymore because it was too much for me. I had regular cycles before I began taking birth control, then while on birth control my cycles shortened by a few days. Now, after I stopped bc, my cycles are very irregular. My first cycle was 150+ days. It was my first month ttc, so I thought I was pregnant.. I waited a while and after many, many negative pregnancy tests, I realized there was something else going on. I went to my doctor and she said it's common for women to have anovulatory cycles after quitting bc, so she put me on a prescription Provera to start a period, and then Clomid to induce ovulation. I am positive that Clomid will do the trick! Thank you for your positivity. :)

2015newmom, I know how frustrating it can be, but it's easier with a support group. I am willing to be that for you :) I, too, have had friends get pregnant without them trying, and it's bittersweet. I'm happy for them, but wish I could have a baby too. Hmm, the steps I am taking? I have been on prenatals for almost a year, but take clomid for ovulation. My husband is the real 'MVP' because he is on Fertilaid, Countboost and Motilityboost, along with his multivitamins. He also takes cold-ish showers and makes sure his (nuts lol) don't get overheated. I'm interested in the prep pills! Please tell me more :)

Hello Akirkland, aww I love hearing success stories of women on Clomid. It makes the hot flashes and side effects a little more bearable. :) Thank you for the positivity!

CMLittle719, hi to you :) I look forward to talking to you more!

everything, I hope you "caught that eggy!" as I have heard it put on here! I am so happy you got a positive opk. That's so exciting! I really wish you the best. I'm always here to talk <3

Hello Ready2pop, we seem to be in the same boat and I can really relate to you. I'd love to hear more about your thoughts and feelings. I'm hoping we all have babies soon :)

Marriedandttc, oh it's so great that you have a regular cycle now! it makes it so much easier to keep track of, especially when you're ttc. I downloaded the app you mentioned, so thank you for recommending it to me :) Let's keep talking!!

Peasandcarrot, first of all, I love your name on here! It's really cute! Please don't worry or stress about it. I know it's hard because I worry myself. We have each other to talk to though, so it will make it easier :) I stopped charting, too. It was just too much for me to take my temperature at the same time every morning. My doctor told me not to worry about bbt charting, but to take the ovulation predictor kits instead. I do that every month and it helps me know when I'm going to ovulate. I would recommend opks but not charting :)

Lozzielaula, hi there back at ya! ;) I've had a tough time emotionally, but I'm still trying to stay positive. It really helps me to know that there are other women who understand how I feel. So thank you for replying to my post! I wish you the best luck and look forward to keeping in touch with you.

Sydfreeman, you and I have alot in common. I feel really close to you because I started ttc in April of 2014. I went to my doctor because I was scared, but you are inspiring to me because you have been able to stay secure all these months. I really hope you are pregnant soon! I know how tough it feels. I never thought it would be this hard to make a baby. I'd love to be friends and keep in touch with you as we continue our journey :)

xLottiex, hello to you! I just downloaded the app, ovuview! I look forward to playing with it :) I didn't ovulate this month, but am on some medicine so that I will ovulate next month. I hope you do too :)

Caseyren, congratulations on getting a positive ovulation test! I always get really excited when I get one and want to bd right away haha. Preseed is awesome, I love using it. I also didn't tell anyone I was ttc at first, but now that it's been almost a year I have let it slip to a few close friends. I wish you the best of luck! I look forward to hearing back from you!

Sam10, thank you so much for commenting on my post! you are always welcome to talk with me! I know it must be tough to be ttc for that long, but know I am always here to talk or to listen if you need it. I haven't been in your shoes, but I can imagine. You are strong. I feel good things about you. :)

Hi there Petal1, good luck this month! Yes, I have felt envious before but I try to stay positive and know my time will come eventually. It also helps to have people to talk to. Like me! If you ever need to talk, you can message me.

Gosh, I am just so ecstatic to have people to talk to on babyandbump! If any of you want to direct message me, feel free. I will keep checking on this forum for your replies. Thanks again for being here for me, I will also be here for you too. Best of luck and baby dust!! <3 Love, peachcheeks

Hi! I'm 26 and I'm on cycle 2 of officially trying for #1. I have PCOS so it's a little bit complicated for me, but I'm doing my best to be as successful as I can. :blush:

Hi! I'm 26 and I'm on cycle 2 of officially trying for #1. I have PCOS so it's a little bit complicated for me, but I'm doing my best to be as successful as I can. :blush:

Well it will happen for you eventually, so don't get discouraged if it takes a few more months than you expected. :)

Hi everyone!
I just finished my provera and started AF today so o start my first round of clomid 50mg on Wednesday! I'm also on metformin 500 mg twice a day.... So excited to start treatment but nervous! My dr hasn't been very helpful with what to expect so any tips and advice are welcome! I'm excited to go through this with other ladies that are dealing with the same situation since none of my RL friends really understand.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->