• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anyone in their 20's and ttc #1?

Forgot to mention some ttc details! I used opks the first time I got pregnant, but right now I'm just tracking my cycles with clue and ovia. They range from 25-36 days, but usually 31. I just plan on bd'ing every other day once this next cycle is over :) if that doesn't work, I'll go back to opks to pinpoint ovulation.

Done with clomid and it wasn't as bad as I expected! I'm a little confused now because according to my normal cycle, I should be in my fertile window right now, but I just finished clomid Saturday and from what I have read you ovulate 7-10 days after? So should I just start OPKs every day until I get a (hopefully) positive? Guess we are just going to have to BD as much as possible for the next week or two just to be safe :)

Well i'm dpo 13. AF was supposed to be yesterday or today!! I'm getting anxious!

Thanks for the welcome! I'm not using OPKs but am tracking my periods I have a regular 27/28 day cycle thy lasts about 4 days an from when I was using opks I ovulate around 13/14ish.. So right now I'm on CD 17. I don't know why but this month just feels different. I know better than to get my hopes up though.
I'm sorry petal1 I understand that feeling. It seems like it would be so simple once you know your ovulating. :hugs:
Congrats on your bfp akirkland!
Hope everyone week is going alright so far!

I'm on cycle day 4 at the moment according to ovia that is ! Baby dancing time soon then the tww for me again hoping Feb will bring some good luck ! My next period is due Feb 23rd

Happy hump day :)
Willowtree, my appointment went really well! I left feeling a lot better than I did when I first got there. We went over my options for checking for cysts, but she said because I’m young and pretty healthy, she didn’t see a reason to start serious testing yet. I did a blood work up for my day 3 hormone levels. Then I went with DH for Italian :) So yay! It was a good day. I am on day 1 of clomid so I will be ovulating right after you! That’s so fun. Fingers crossed.
Ortegapg1, welcome! Yay for beginning TTC! It can be really fun trying for a baby ;) lol I wish you the best!
Haiyouguize, hello! Thank you for joining the discussion. I hope you are pregnant just as easily this time and that it’s ’sticky bean’’ ☺ I have heard that BDing every other day is best so your plan sounds perfect!
MrsRoberts, I started clomid today, but this is my 4th month on it. From my experience, clomid can lengthen your cycle and cause ovulation to occur a few days after it normally would . To be safe, start opks asap. Then you’ll know for sure. When in doubt, babydance!
Caseyren, let us know any news!!
Shelby, I hope you are right! GL
I am really happy to have you ladies to talk to. I have only told two of my best friends that we&#8217;re ttc. One of them already has a baby so she doesn&#8217;t understand how hard it&#8217;s been for me and the other is thinking of trying with her husband soon! My doctor&#8217;s appointment today went well, I&#8217;m now taking 100 mg clomid on days 3-7. Ttyl <3

I got a positive OPK on Tuesday! We have been doing the BD and using preseed and softcups so now the dreaded TWW!

Hello! Yes, I am (very soon-to-be) TTC and barely in my 20s lol. I'm 29 and so is DH! 10 days until my fertile window/our start-date. :) We wanted to wait until I was fairly close to finishing school. I'm done with my internship in May, then 3 online classes remain until I graduate in August with my Masters in Social Work! Looking forward to meeting everyone :)

I'm in my early 20's and have been trying with my husband for over a year. Was on birth control after I was on my period for 9 weeks, heavy and painful. After dropping 80 lbs in that time, doc put me on BC and called it an iron deficiency, never ran any definitive tests. Cycles have been somewhat regular after, but something still isnt right. I don't want to go to the doc and get put on a bunch of chemical alternatives. But I feel our options are running thin. Let me know how the Clomid works out for you, and maybe I will give it a try!

Both DH and I are 25 and are on cycle 1 of TTC #1. I've never used any BC, only condoms and have never had an oopsie so I have no idea of how "easy" this TTC malarkey will be! We've been together 10 years in August and married six months so we both figured now was a good time to start. DH decided it was time to start TTC right around O so I don't know whether we managed to catch it or not. I don't plan on using OPKs until maybe six months down the line if we still aren't pregnant.

Hello everyone! I hope you are having a great week.

MrsRoberts, do you plan on testing anytime soon?

Springermommy, I'm excited for you! I bet you are too! so you are starting ttc this month?

AJ615, Congrats on the weight loss!! That's a big accomplishment. I am in the process of losing weight too. My bmi was high and I've heard it's bad for fertility. I've been on clomid for 4 months now, and it has made me ovulate each time. Without it, I don't ovulate. So Clomid is a Godsend!

LynAnne, I hope it is easy for you :) OPKs are just nice if you don't know when you ovulate.

Afm, I finished Clomid and am now just doing OPKs every morning. I'm excited for O!

Hey, jumping in here for my first post!

My husband Nick and I got married December 2013 and just started TTC in January. No luck last month, so onto our 2nd cycle! I'm 29 and he's 31 and has been ready for a baby long before I was- so he's pretty pumped the time has finally come.

I'm on CD4, period ended today. My cycles average 31 days, and according to Fertility Friend app, I'll ovulate on the 22nd- I'm going to use OPK this month, plus started charming temp and cm this month as well.

I know it's early, but I'm a planner and I like to have all the odds on my side! So this month I ordered Fertility Tea recommended by a friend, plus pre-seed and FertileCM supplements. Can't hurt to have everything in our favor :) Super excited to be trying, and happy to have a place I can obsess over the process with yall!

xo
Rachel

I'm kinda bummed and don't know what to think &#128542;. I ovulated sooner than I thought and didn't BD as much as I would have liked. O came on the 4th and we only BD on the 2nd and on the 4th. I felt ovulation cramps all day yesterday so I'm assuming I was ovulating but I didn't BD then. Did I miss my window? :-( I may just DTD tonight for shits and giggles.

Hiya ladies,
I'm Shan 22 (23 in October) my fiance 21 and I have been TTC baby #1 since April 2012. I have Epilepsy and we are still awaiting to see if he has any underlaying fertility issues.
I am currently on CD14 which should be 3DPO. I know I'm out this month but babydust to you all who are still in ^^

21 year and TTC #1 with my partner :) We've been TTC for 5 and a half months now and still no sign of conception. It's very frustrating! My cycle has been pretty irregular ranging from the 21st-25th each month.. So we've been trying every 2-3 days. Not sure if that'll help. I hope my time will come soon :l

Baby dust to all <3

Hi! I am turning 25 on Wednesday. My husband and I have been trying to conceive for 5 months now and on cycle number 2 with Clomid. I am also doing the 50mg. I was previously on b.c. for about 4 years on and off again for pain reasons as I only have one ovary and some other issues. I'm not going to mention them all but please feel free to read my introduction labeled New and fusterated! I hope you are able to conceive soon otherwise maybe talk to your doctor about femara I've heard it is the same thing but way less side effects, if you are having any. But I wish you luck and u will have lots of support!

Good morning, beautiful women! I am feeling exceptionally cheery today. I hope you all had a good Valentine's Day. I spent the day with DH, going to Sephora and Belk to try and find a good foundation makeup. I got a few samples so I'll try them this week and pick a favorite. Then we had Indian food for dinner. When we got home our power was out because of the cold front moving in and the horrible wind we had yesterday. Our power didn't come back on until this morning. But it was romantic to be in the dark with just a few candles lit and no tv or laptop to distract us. :) I had my positive OPK 4 days in a row this week, so I was really confused as to what that meant. We BD'd every day this week just to be sure.

Welcome to the chat, FromMrstoMom! I feel the same way about doing everything possible to increase the chances! It can't hurt, right? I also use softcups, have you tried them?

Ortegapg1, you might not have missed it, so just keep dtd. I hope you caught the egg!

SakuraHira, I hope next month is better for you! :)

Jitter, I have irregular cycles as well, and it really helps me to take OPKs so I know when I will be ovulating. I would suggest trying them if you want!

JennMatt, Happy late birthday! Thank you for the advice about femara, I will talk to my doctor about it! She said after my 6th month of clomid she doesn't want me taking it anymore. I am on my 4th month now. Have you tried femara?

Well ladies, we need more BFPs on this forum! :) Baby dust to all!

Welcome to the chat, FromMrstoMom! I feel the same way about doing everything possible to increase the chances! It can't hurt, right? I also use softcups, have you tried them?

I haven't, but read a bunch of good things on the forums from those who do- I'll see how this month goes, and if not preggo next month, I'm planning to try on cycle 4.

Jitter, I have irregular cycles as well, and it really helps me to take OPKs so I know when I will be ovulating. I would suggest trying them if you want!

Are they easy to learn how to use? :)

FromMrstoMom, yeah that's a good idea. I've been leaving the softcup in for up to 12 hours, and when I take it out (takes some getting used to) it still has liquid in it. So I'm hoping it just holds all that good stuff up close to my cervix, which I'd think would help?

Jitter, Opks are pretty simple. I order the inexpensive ones online and you just pee in a cup and then hold the test strip in the pee for 15 seconds. Then after it's done developing, you will see the pink control line, and if you are having your lh surge, there will be a second line. When the second line is the same or darker than the test line, you have your lh surge and will ovulate 24-36 hours later. I think they're easy, but there are digital ones too that are very simple to use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->