Anyone into unusual names?

I’ve heard Atticus before - I really like it, but it does make me imagine someone with an amazing library full of old books and maps :) but I think that’s a good thing!

It’s nice until he suggests names like Lagatha or Ragnar hahaha

We found the name Xael for a girl, but aren’t sure if we are sold on it yet. We also like the name Thea.

Atticus reminds me of Atticus Finch from the book To Kill a Mockingbird. I actually kind of like it. Definitely not something your hear very often!

Atticus is a really original name and one I haven't heard of before. And old books and maps are always a good thing! I love old books and maps :)

Yeah, Lagatha reminds me too much of lager lol I haven't heard of that or Ragna before. Or Xael actually, what does that mean? Sounds good. Thea is also a good name

Lagatha is a character from the show The Vikings, which is where my husband also heard Ragnar and Odin.

Xael is a Greek name meaning from the sea.

We heard Thea on other shows we watch but one pronounces it Thee-a and the other one pronounced it They-a. I like both versions.

Oh I don't know which pronunciation I prefer. They're both lovely!
And Xael from the sea is lovely, the sea is always good :) I do like that meaning.
I haven't heard of that show

EMS, I tried to convince DH on Lagertha. We aren't caught up on the show but watched the first couple seasons and she's a badass! And my family heritage is nearly 100% Scandinavian so I figure I've got some Viking ancestors. He looked at me like I was nuts.

Thanks Cupcake! I like them both too so it’s probably a good thing we don’t have to decide any time soon! I’m really hoping we get to use our girl names though! Waiting for June to get here so we can start TTC is driving me bananas lol

I only watched like one episode of Vikings, I couldn’t get into it. But he did tell me she was a badass lol I just don’t know if I could name my daughter that... and it would have been awful with our last name lol

I didn't know Jackson was a biblical name. I like Altair too, but I don't know if I'm saying it right in my mind ... I think Cooper and Porter are quite popular, but I haven't heard of the others, good names all of them though :)

I can't think of it being mentioned in the Bible but apparently. :shrug:

https://www.biblical-baby-names.com/meaning-of-jackson.html

LOVE Cooper and Porter but the kids father never was in favor of them. :cry: Kairi is a character is a Disney game called Kingdom Hearts, Quinn (Harley Quinn but also the name of a little girl in the Movie Santa Paws) and Odin is a Norse God. :)

I like the more boring/traditional names, but my other half loves the more 'out there' names. His name ideas for #1 were Kronos and Laundro (as in laundromat, because we walked past one). For #2 he wanted Athena.

Athena is pretty though. And not often heard either.

Just want to pipe in and say that I have an unusual name while my brother had a normal name. It never made a difference to me and as far as I know not to him either. I don't remember anyone ever commenting on it either.

I know some people are really into sibsets and while I think it can be nice I also think sometimes it's too extreme/matchy and totally silly to pass on a name you love if the only reason is because it doesn't "go" with the other names. It's most likely that your children will not be living with each other for their entire lives anyway.

There are lots of kids with unusual names at my kids school, so many that it seems the more boring names are the stand out ones! Sophie goes to school with a Precious and a Honeyette, Thomas has a Bracken and Ocean in his class.

It is quite a multicultural school so we have names like Via, Jungwoo, etc. There are no other kids called Thomas or Sophie in the whole school, but there is a Zofia and a couple of Sophia's.

One of our children went to school with a Heavenly years ago, it was the first time I had heard that name

My kids have what ild call traditional names but unusual but i hyphonated most of them to make them unique we struggled to think of a boys name but found one for this baby whos now a girl so can use our girl names but if it was a boy would have been a chase-archer i also like unique ways of spelling names but we chose our girls name based on nickname my dh wants to call her beautifull bella so agreed on isabella-hope as we go to church alot and was told i wouldnt /couldnt carry girls so to be sitting here against odds at 21 weeks with a little girl and all the hope and prayes we did to god our hope was awnsered which is why the hope was added we had justice as a middle name picked out for a boy but glad she is a girl xx

Dinidani that's really lovely, and congratulations on your beautiful pink bundle! :)
My husband wouldn't budge on spelling lol I tried that too with DD instead of Amy, Aimee but he refused outright, don't know why ... but as it turns out she is more an Amy than Aimee, I know they're the same name but she suits the traditional spelling for some reason, perhaps he intuitively knew

My name is Aimee :) but it’s quite annoying having to constantly correct the spelling of my name so you probably did your daughter a favor by keeping it traditional!

Even when my name is written in my email signature, people from work still spell it all kinds of ways except the right one :(

I really like names that are rare different but not weird. So far on this thread I've loved them all! We've already pretty much decided on a girl name as Berkley it's different don't know of a single person named that besides the college but it's not weird lol my kids names are not rare but we do not know any children with the same name except Conner but they spell it connor not like we did with the er the one that is hard is Kendrick we didn't know there was a rapper named Kendrick ( it is an old Celtic name) so needless to say we had to explain to anyone 25 under no he was not named after the rapper omg! But I had a friend who's name is cinnamon and her younger twin siblings names are Nicole and Dustin it did bother her because people always asked if her parents were stoner hippies haha but my kids love that no one has their name!

I love unusual names x My little boy is Marshall and we ttc atm and would use either Logan for a boy or Rosalie for a girl :)

I really like names that are rare different but not weird. So far on this thread I've loved them all! We've already pretty much decided on a girl name as Berkley it's different don't know of a single person named that besides the college but it's not weird lol my kids names are not rare but we do not know any children with the same name except Conner but they spell it connor not like we did with the er the one that is hard is Kendrick we didn't know there was a rapper named Kendrick ( it is an old Celtic name) so needless to say we had to explain to anyone 25 under no he was not named after the rapper omg! But I had a friend who's name is cinnamon and her younger twin siblings names are Nicole and Dustin it did bother her because people always asked if her parents were stoner hippies haha but my kids love that no one has their name!

I love Berkley!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->