Anyone into unusual names?

I really like names that are rare different but not weird. So far on this thread I've loved them all! We've already pretty much decided on a girl name as Berkley it's different don't know of a single person named that besides the college but it's not weird lol my kids names are not rare but we do not know any children with the same name except Conner but they spell it connor not like we did with the er the one that is hard is Kendrick we didn't know there was a rapper named Kendrick ( it is an old Celtic name) so needless to say we had to explain to anyone 25 under no he was not named after the rapper omg! But I had a friend who's name is cinnamon and her younger twin siblings names are Nicole and Dustin it did bother her because people always asked if her parents were stoner hippies haha but my kids love that no one has their name!

I love Berkley!

Awe thanks! Very rarely do we land on a name early but this name just fits so well its really rare different but not out of the normal realm!

Loving all these names!

Odin is actually one of my favourites at the moment for any future sons we are lucky enough to have :) my boys are quite split with their names, two are unusual and two are not!

Tyler , Jackson, Reid , Fox :)

It’s Tyler Lance Sean (didn’t particularly like his middle names but they had sentimental value)

Jackson Reid

Reid Baker (we loved Reid so much we decided to go ahead and use it again for our thirds first name lol)

Fox Oakley

We are trying for number 5 in a few months and I’m really thinking about names to keep me patient xx

Those are some cool names, Elmo :)

It's weird to think when I started this thread it was about nine days before we found out we are expecting. Perhaps part of me knew we would be fighting over names soon lol

Still going with Cassiel or Castiel for a boy, husband agrees with Seraphim, which is the order of angels closest to God, for a girl

Happycupcake Thank you! Seraphime is BEAUTIFUL!! congratulations ! :)

Intrigued, how did you come up with Baker for a middle name?

I know this post is a few months old, but just thought I’d chime in that I like/prefer more unusual names too. We called our first Bodhi (mind you, that is becoming more “common” now), and we were considering calling our second Malakai, but around the 7-8 months mark, my hubby decided he preferred Mason, and since Bodhi had really been mostly my choice, I let him have this one (and I do like Mason anyway - I call him my Masey-Moo).

Congrats on the pregnancy and good luck with it all :)!

I actually haven't heard of Bodhi! Malakai though, that's my step brother's son's name :) it's a cool name, as are Mason and Bodhi. Actually, I think in the British show the professionals, there's Bodi and Doyle, assuming it's pronounced the same?

Mine all have very unusual names. My oldest is Kaillem (Ky-lum), my middle is Zoella (Zo-el-uh), and the baby is Koah (Ko-uh). I really love the way they all sound. I'd say my only regret is that none of them are ever pronounced correctly! But then again my name is mispronounced all the time and it's traditional! So I'd say name the baby whatever you like, regardless of other people.
We're TTC #4 and I've already found a boy's name I like. Norin. For a girl we like Noralie. We do like our odd names!

They're all lovely names :)

I think the only normal name I like at the moment is Mary

Im struggling hard to find an unusual boy name I like. DH nixed Orion. Please keep going with the names.

Just want to pipe in and say that I have an unusual name while my brother had a normal name. It never made a difference to me and as far as I know not to him either. I don't remember anyone ever commenting on it either.

I know some people are really into sibsets and while I think it can be nice I also think sometimes it's too extreme/matchy and totally silly to pass on a name you love if the only reason is because it doesn't "go" with the other names. It's most likely that your children will not be living with each other for their entire lives anyway.

Completely agree. My brothers both had super normal names (daniel and anthony) and my parents decided to name me Nicia (nee-cha)...super off the wall name but the fact my brothers hat normal names was never an issue. I personally don't understand why people try to pick names that go with the siblings names :shrug:

Yeah, I have a slightly more unusual name than my brother, which I think when I was a child was much more unusual, not so much these days. My brother has a common name - David, mine is Amber.
This little one’s name will be Castiel, a variant of the angel Cassiel, who is said to look after those in need (if I’m remembering correctly!)

My boys are Leo (It was unusual when we picked it), Wyatt, Owen and Milo.

We are currently TTC and love Rocco and Cassius. Not even looking at girls names :haha: after 4 boys I'd be so shocked if we ever have a girl.

Both my husband and I have the same naming style, we both like unusual but not strange names. If I let him, he would have named our daughter Persephone or Artemis (both of which I like just fine, but I felt they were too ostentatious for a little baby girl).

Our daughter is Nova and we love how it’s familiar but not too common. It’s apparently growing in popularity, it was in the top 300 when we named her and now it’s in the top 100.

With this baby, we are thinking Flynn or Orion...leaning more toward Flynn if it’s a boy. If it’s a girl we’re thinking Juno or Lyra.

Glad I’ve found this thread!
Both me and my hubby like unusual names but at the min it’s not proving easy!

He wants Bjorn, Ragnor or Thor 😑

Were as I want Hunter.
We settled for Hunter in the end but now the name Roman has popped up and I love it!

Glad I’ve found this thread!
Both me and my hubby like unusual names but at the min it’s not proving easy!

He wants Bjorn, Ragnor or Thor 😑

Were as I want Hunter.
We settled for Hunter in the end but now the name Roman has popped up and I love it!

My nephews name is Thor and it fits him so perfectly! He’s this adorable blonde boy, confident and funny. When they first announced his name everyone was like “uh......o...k....” But now it’s just so perfect. I can’t think of him having any other name.

Unusual names are like that...the child really does grow into them.

^^ couldn’t agree more!

Mrnmrsm, they’re all fabulous names, I have heard the first three (TV shows?), however out of them all my own preference is Roman. I don’t know why, perhaps it’s because I enjoyed learning about the Romans in school lol but it’s lovely, they all are, so whatever you decide will be perfect. Perhaps wait till LO arrives and see which fits then instead? Or, if you’re having middle names see which go more with those, or if not perhaps you could use whatever names you don’t use as middles names instead? That way you get a little of all

I know this is a bit old, but I figured why start a new one on the topic?

Both DH and I love unusual names. We agreed first thing on DD name Skylee. I love Sky names, but Skyler is way to popular and didn't flow good with her middle name. I have heard Skyla used for a few baby girls as well. also very cute IMO but I have hard it more than DD name.
I then wanted to name DS Saylor. DH wouldn't go for it. my mom finally cornered us at a family dinner with a baby name book, and we now have Archer, which is a perfect and fitting name.
Now I am having suprise #3 and have to find a name for a sibling. I am stumped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->