Anyone Just Past EDD Want to Wait Out Labor Together?

Tawn

New Mummy!
Reaction score
Hi Lovely Ladies!

Well yesterday was my EDD but I am not surprised at all that nothing has happened yet as I had a strong feeling from day 1 that I would be going pretty far over. Not only is this my first baby, but I feel so fit and well I am pretty sure she is just too comfy in there to come meet us anytime soon! :)

So now I am in the, "please just come before +12 induction day" countdown as I'd love to go naturally (I have been using natal hypnotherapy for a long time and really want to give it the best go I can on the big day!) Anyone want to join me and "symptom spot" together? :flower:

So far for me: No labor signs whatsoever (no plug loss, no false contractions, not even any BHs!), pretty sure baby is posterior (naughty little monkey) and scheduled for a sweep on Thursday

Hi tawn
I am now 4 days over with no 2. I have posted on other overdue threads but those ladies are a few days ahead of me and seem to have already bonded so didn't really feel any love :(
So it's good to start a new thread.
I am not surprised I'm over as I don't completely recall LMP but I'm sure it came at least 6 days After scan dates would predict!
I also have no signs at all. I am having a sweep on Friday when ill be 40+6 and an induction booked for next Thursday.
Sending lots of good vibes to you!
:hugs:

I'm due today and no sign of baby. My BH's are killing me but it comes and goes so I'm not expecting anything. As long as I don't go more than 7 days over, I think I'll cope. Anymore than that and I'm going to start going crazy!
I think I'm going to at least go as far as the weekend, because my cycle is/was 31 days long, so at least an extra 3 days on top of the scan EDD x

Flubdub congrats on your due pink bundle. It must be so exciting after 3 little boys - even though i kmow that every baby is a blessing regardless of gender!
We are team yellow but I am so sure this is another boy! Heart rate been around 130 since 34 weeks and face on scan looked boyish. Not that that provides any conclusive evidence co for me! :)
Sending labour dust to everyone..
Xx

Flubdub congrats on your due pink bundle. It must be so exciting after 3 little boys - even though i kmow that every baby is a blessing regardless of gender!
We are team yellow but I am so sure this is another boy! Heart rate been around 130 since 34 weeks and face on scan looked boyish. Not that that provides any conclusive evidence co for me! :)
Sending labour dust to everyone..
Xx

Ah thanks. We actually weren't hoping for a girl at all - weren't even trying for a baby! :haha: I would have loved another little boy, it feels a bit out of my comfort zone having a girl :dohh:

Hi flubdub and candycurls!

Yeah, I saw the other overdue threads but I felt like a week or so can make a huge difference in where you are/how you are feeling about waiting for your baby so I'm glad to have you ladies who are at the same point to go through it with!

Candycurls, I am in awe of ladies who can stay team yellow! :haha: I am far too impatient and never would have made it, but how exciting that in just a few days you will find out if your maternal instinct of another boy is correct! I was SO SURE we were having a boy that I was absolutely astonished when they told me he was a she! :)

Flubdub, happy due date! Sorry your BHs are driving you crazy, I don't think I even have BHs really? When I say no signs, I really mean NONE lol!

I am sure it is all going to be a bit new and strange having a girl after 3 boys, but imagine how amazing it will be for her to be loved and protected by all her older brothers! I have a 11yo stepson who is very excited about the prospect of having a baby sister, so I hope they have a special bond as well.

It will be interesting to see how things go with my sweep tomorrow, since baby has moved back to back (driving me bonkers being on my hands and knees all the time trying to turn her lol!) the pressure down low has changed so I am not positive that my cervix will even be favorable for the sweep? But it is also a full moon tomorrow and you know those wives tales about full moons and labor so it will be very interesting to see if that rings true for any of us!!

Tawn, my DS was back to back and my labour was all about back pain.
I didn't know any different so I managed - well needed some morphine and an epidural which came too late. He also needed forceps but I think that was mainly because I also had a bleed.
Flubdub - I still think your brood is pretty cool - 3 boys and a girl is quite special.

I am just sitting around at the moment eating chocolate which is probably not helping things.
I think I may venture out on a walk with dH this pm. DH is due back at work next wed which will bugger plans re induction so hoping baby comes earlier or he manages to get more time off work.
Xx

So how is everyone this morning? (Uk)
Any news?
Yesterday tried a bunch of strategies to get things moving and still nothing!
Long walk, sex and curry (albeit mild) but no signs at all
I find the worst thing about all this is keeping family waiting. My MIL is waiting on tenterhooks.

I'm doing well--still pregnant! :haha: I had a weird episode last night when I laid down to go to bed though. All of a sudden baby girl started going INSANE, like I've never felt before with really frantic movements all over and pounding hands and feet. It seriously freaked me out as it was SO intense that I thought she might be in cord distress or something :( So I didn't sleep very well last night worrying about it. Maybe she was just trying to turn herself about though to go anterior?

I have my sweep at 10am today, so will be interesting to see how that goes and to ask doctor about the movements last night!

How are you holding up physically candycurls? I bet your family has started the daily phone calls then, if they are getting impatient ;)

Good luck with sweep Tawn- I am curious to know if it will work. I think success rate is a about 50%.
It feels weird at the moment just sitting around with dH, DS is in Childcare.
I think my fam have finally got message that we will call when there is news. The last thing I want is MiL manically setting off down here (inlaws live 4 hrs away) the moment I have a tightening. I have asked DH not to mention sweep to her as this may give her false hope.

Sending labour :dust: to everyone..
Xx

Hey all, can I join you? Today is my due date, but don't think baby is going to be in any rush to get here anymore than their big brother was. I had to be induced with ds as I went 2 weeks over and I desperately want to avoid that this time... Both pregnancies I've had bad SPD so have had my heart set on a water birth as water is the only thing that eases the pain... So I was devastated last time when my nightmare came true & I had to be induced... Being stuck in bed being monitored was the worst thing for my spd, so don't want to go through that again... Trying to keep positive though! Baby still has a couple if weeks so fingers crossed! Also, there is a chance I could still get in the birthing pool if I did have to be induced again. There is a pool in the consultant unit but they used to never ever use it & just fobbed me off last time. However, they apparently now have midwifes on rotation between the consultant unit & midwife unit, so they are all far more used to using the pool now, & no longer automatically say no to everyone! They also now have underwater monitoring so they can't say no just because I've been induced & need monitoring. Yay! But, obviously I'd still rather avoid it & get to have a natural birth in the midwife unit!
So yeah, so ready for baby now... Pregnancy doesn't treat me well! My spd is especially painful today & I've been suffering serious exhaustion for weeks now... Last night I had loads of cramps, aches & braxton hicks so I got slightly hopeful, but it seems to have died off now, although I still feel dreadful! GL to everyone :)

Welcome Caroline, and happy due date!! I am sorry you are suffering so bad with SPD. :( I have my fingers tightly crossed that you can avoid induction this time around so that you can use the birthing pool to ease your discomfort!

Glad your family is getting the hint Candycurls! Mine keeps hassling me every day (I am originally from the States but live in the UK with my husband so I think they believe I will go into labor at an awkward time and then forget to tell them or something! :dohh:) Is your MIL going to be there for the birth itself?

AFM, my sweep was (surprise surprise) unsuccessful! Cervix too posterior. She could reach it, but not very easily so she didn't even try....... Hard not to be a bit disappointed! But I guess I knew all along this baby is not even close to making an appearance, so just need to settle in for the long haul. They booked my induction for Sunday 5th of May, so I guess that is my deadline for little girl to GET A MOVE ON! :haha:

:hi: Caroline,
Welcome!
I'm also sorry to hear you have SPD!! It must make things so much harder..
Fx labour will kick in naturally for us all!
Tawn bad luck re sweep :(. Are you going to request another one before induction dAte! I heard the more you have the more chance there is of success.
Re baby kicking - that is always a heAlthy sign - I mean generally- even if they are doing a manic dance :). I don't think it has any link with labour though. :wacko:

Good luck everyone!
Xx

Got another sweep booked for Wednesday at 41+1 if still pregnant.

I really hope yours is much more successful tomorrow candycurls!

What time is your sweep today Candycurls? How are you feeling hun? xx

Hi guys,

Can I join? This is exactly the kind of thread I was looking for. I'm now 40 weeks and 6 days. I always figured I'd go overdue so I don't mind so much, however I'm really keen to avoid my scheduled induction at 41 weeks and 5 days. So really need to encourage my little girl out before then.

I've got some reflexology planned this morning to help encourage things to start and a first sweep tomorrow when I'm 41 weeks. Might also have a curry tonight :)

Hi lady's
Can I join you.. I'm due today but just know that he's going to be late!.

Absolutely!! Welcome teabella and Maria!!! The more of us to wait it out together the better! :flower:

Teabella, I'm also ok(ish :haha:) with being overdue and my only real stress is the looming induction at 41+5 too! What reflexology techniques are you going to try? I haven't looked into any of that yet, so very curious! Dh and I are planning on trying to dtd tonight, but we will see how that works out because he is a little uneasy about sex now that baby is so big and "right there" lol!

Maria, happy due date hun! How are you holding up? Are you uncomfortable or coping well still?

Absolutely!! Welcome teabella and Maria!!! The more of us to wait it out together the better! :flower:

Teabella, I'm also ok(ish :haha:) with being overdue and my only real stress is the looming induction at 41+5 too! What reflexology techniques are you going to try? I haven't looked into any of that yet, so very curious! Dh and I are planning on trying to dtd tonight, but we will see how that works out because he is a little uneasy about sex now that baby is so big and "right there" lol!

Maria, happy due date hun! How are you holding up? Are you uncomfortable or coping well still?

Thanks, Tawn. Our hospitals must have the same policy on induction then if they're both 41 and 5! Are you in the UK?

Not sure on the reflexology techniques - I've just booked a general session. I'm going at 11 so when I come back I'll let you know how it went and what they did. I think there's some pressure points in the heel that are meant to help induce labour so I assume they'll focus on those - but its all new for me too so not really sure.

Enjoy your night of romance tonight! The midwife also said I should have lots of sex as well:blush: Probably tmi but given all the swelling/extra blood flow, I'm worried I'll get sore if we do (and don't want to be sore for the birth). But if the sweep doesn't work tomorrow, I'll rethink!

I hope all you other ladies in waiting are doing well!

Oh yes definitely tell me how it goes! Very interesting to see if it works!

Yup, I'm in the uk! Suffolk to be exact. I'm originally from the states though so you might notice I switch between uk and us spellings lol!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->