Anyone LTTTC Number One?

I'm right with you FF! I just had my first sign of CM for the month. Here we go again...

I had another nice dinner with my friends and we actually had a somewhat long chat about infertility. It's kind of nice having people in real life finally know. I told them about the failed IUI in December me and my other friend who has had all the miscarriages had to explain all the stuff to our frien who is 30ish weeks from her first month of tying :haha: but it's kind of nice to have someone who knows we're "trying" but also understand that that doesn't mean I'll be pregnant the next time they see me.

DH seems to have finally come around to clomid so I think our next IUI we will do clomid too. Also the timeline has changed somewhat due to my job offer. So I'm thinking well try for an IUI in April and May and hopefully June depending on when DH leaves in June to see his god-daughter in Europe. Once my new job starts im not sure what well do because my hours will change and my days will be rotating and then all my fertility hopes go out the window :sad1:

Thank you for the very warm welcome ladies. :thumbup: So much chat has happened since my 1st post! Lol Trying to keep up but I'm on my wee phone so it's hard to keep track. :wacko:
Bit busy with writing reports for work, fertile period (think nt allowed to do OPK's this cycle. OH trying to get me to chill bout ttc! Lol) and dealing with paper work for car insurance claim for an accident! But I will try to read up om who is who and where u r on ur ttc journey. That will be my homework this weekend:haha:

Btw I don't know who the Grimleys are either? X

Cheers FF - I think!
Hope the new diet works wonders for you - it won't do you any harm at any rate!

Fisher - it really does make a difference when some people in real life know what you're going through ... well, it did to me anyways :D

Fisher Get to it, and lets all hope and keep our fingers crossed you get up the duff in time for your change of hours :)

FF- I remember The Grimley's vaguely but I am sure it was on around the time I was at college so I was out pretty much out every night back then, wasn't Amanda Holden in it?

Urchin I am loving your morning sickness is still ongoing...... but I am sure you are not too impressed, but you don't seem to be minding, I am sure both Eenie and Meenie will surprise you and both still be in there this week, Just out of interest did you test with a digi, my friend who had twins did but she tested early and it said she was 3+ weeks, and she was only like 10 days pregnant so she said she knew it was twins due to this!!

Chels Lets hope you won't need IVF, but if you do looks like there are plenty of us here who can hold your hand :)

Wannabe Nice cakes enough for a little one :D

VJ Good Luck with your Ultrasound Friday. Hope you feel better soon xx

Ash Long reign the no side effect from the Clomid and fingers crossed it's what you need fro you much awaited BFP :)

AFM Obviously it won't be TTC related until I start IVF, but we have had a provisional date for exchnge of contract on our new house, which is March 16th, I really thought it would of been middle of April, so things are looking up :)

Yay for early house move MrsHowley :dance: I am glad you remember the Grimleys and yes Amanda Holden was in it along with Noddy Holder, Nigel Planer, Brian Conley, Jack Dee - very big names for the mid 90s.

Urch I am hoping the diet works but am finding it so difficult to kick the treats, I would usually glady skip dinner for a double helping of pudding so my sweet tooth is not helping matters :wacko:

Hi my lovely ladies!!! Well I just got home from my interview at the staffing agency and it went really great!!! I mostly had to fill out paperwork for direct deposit and taxes and an application for employment. And long story short... WOOOO HOOOOOO!!!! I got the job and I will start tomorrow with a 9 to5 shift.:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance: I am just so excited and happy right now, I have been doing a little happy dance all afternoon!!! :cloud9:

I am going to try to focus on saving up as much $$ as I can right now to pay for future fertility treatments, (IUI). It will be so nice having a little extra $$ again to be able to do stuff with DH again. it has been tuff just living off of DH's income alone. I also wont be stressed about paying for the surgery I need either when I was just having to rely on the tax return alone to pay for it before. I am going to see how things go with the new job tomorrow to decide on whether or not i will need to post pone the surgery for sure or not. I want to see how their training program is and how they feel about anyone taking anytime off in the first 90 days of employment, because in the first 90 days you are working as a temp for the staffing agency and than after that if you do a good job you can get hired on as a permanent employee. So i also have to keep that factor in mind if i like the job i will need to make sure i am working hard and that i have good attendance so I get hired on permanently with the company. I reallly hope that it will be a nice place to work and that I am going to like the job!! Wish me luck for my first day of work tomorrow girls!!! :thumbup:

FF I can sympathise with the sweet tooth there..... I too love sweet things, But I have 6 pound to lose in 3 weeks, To get my BMI to 22/23, I want to be that due to the IVF making you a bit weighty, so I can at least afford to put on half a stone then. I did well to avoid the pancakes yesterday, and I have been eating melon and blueberries and lots of veg, and I have been cutting out my granary roll I would usually have with my soup at lunch too, All I need to do is start up my swimming again and I might just crack it, but I cannot seem to find the motiviation for this right now :(

Wannabe that is just great news, here is to good news week, lets hope it keeps going (Urchin your next) xx

Wannabe that is fantastic :dance: just a thought but if you really like the job do you think it is wise to tell them about the surgery and ttc? The only reason I am mentioning it is because I had a boss that turned into a complete monster when I fell pregnant and even when I lost the baby he wanted me out as he knew I would start trying again. Not sure what the rules in the US are but I know that if you are on a trial they can pretty much get rid of you over anything (they may worry about time off for surgery, appointments, pregnancy related absences and then maternity) whereas once you are accepted as employed you have more rights. Just a thought hun :flower:

MrsHowley I too am planning to get back into exercising but I can't afford to pay for the gym until we pay off the car and DH has just dumped an extra £80 bill a month on me so looks like it may be a while before I can afford it :wacko:

Wannabe- Congrats on the job!! I'm so happy that you will be able to save a little money for the fertility treatments and stop stressing about money so much. I'm sure this is a huge weight off your shoulders. Again, congratulations, I'm very happy for you! :happydance::happydance:

FF- I'm the same with the sweets! I told DH we were going to go low carb and cut out the sweets. So far- no dice. We had tortilini for dinner last night and I just finished off a snickers bar. Oh well, maybe we'll start next week. :blush:

AFM- Waiting for AF, she should be here tomorrow. Still keeping up hope that maybe she will be delayed for, oh... I don't know...9 months. But, I won't be at all surprised if she shows up right on time.

Still keeping my fingers crossed and sending out some baby dust to all!

:dust::dust::dust:

Thank you ladies for all of the congrats!!! You girls are all so sweet!!
https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh126/izzybee22/file000.gif

@Fiesty, that is a good point about being cautious well I am still a temp and in the 90 day trial window, about not letting anyone know that I am TTC, I dont want to give them an excuse to not hire me on as permanent if I like the job. :thumbup:

@Chels, Good luck!! I hope that the :witch: stays away!!! :dust: :dust: :af::af:

Hi ladies, so much going on with everyone this week! We've become a reeeal chatty bunch LOL! =)

AFM, it's CD22 today. I finally got a +ve OPK on CD18 after 6 -ve OPKs! :shrug: Then finally BBT rise confirming O on CD20. At least I am still Oing, although much later than normal. Unfortunately, CD20 was when I was really feeling defeated by the whole infertility thing and decided to talk to DH about our feelings regarding it. He told me how difficult it has been living with me for the past 1.5yrs because I have been such a downer. Needless to say, we didn't BD that night which is when we should have. Oh well, I'm so over all of this. Now my focus is no longer on TTC, but trying not to be such a bummer to live with! I'm trying to be super positive! I have to say it is kinda working. And NOW it looks like DH is focused on TTC! It's funny how things turn. As for IUI next month ... we'll see how DH and I feel about it when AF comes.

wannabe - ff is right ... while you are still a temp they can discriminate against you all they like. All they need to say is that you didn't quite shape up and you'll be out. But if you wait til you are through your trial period you will have some employment rights :thumbup:

chels - yes, a period 9 months late would be fantastic - though you might have to invest in some super extra heavy duty sanpro if you want to go rollerblading in white shorts! (really hope they have that advert over the pond, else that last bit will make no sense whatsoever!)

Purple - I think we can underestimate sometimes just how tough this can be on our partners ... as it's our bodies, we feel more closely linked to the rollercoaster - and our emotions run the full course ... but we take them along for the ride with us and I'm sure it can be really hard for them to be alongside us at times

I had a chat with Mr Urch last night, to say that I know I'm leaning on him a lot just now, and how much I appreciate being able to.

I think the trick is to keep talking about it - if we shut them out, but then expect them to support us, the poor things haven't a clue when and how we need that support.

Wannabe thats fantastic news whoop whoop :happydance::happydance::happydance: but like the other girls said i'd keep it schtum about the whole ttc, even though i'm a permanent member of staff where I work, i'm on a temp contract for a better position so my manager knows nothing about the ttc, ivf or MC.... all i want her to know is that i'm dedicated member of staff and not secretly dreaming of maternity leave!

Chels - i'll keep my fx that your late AF is 9 mths late aswell!

Mrs Howley - Good luck on the weight loss have you tried the Dukan diet? my friend has lost loads on it but I do think it is cutting out whole food groups which might not appeal?

Hey to everyone else hope your having a happy thursday :hi:

AFM - we're not really trying at the moment either, even though I can already feel the urge to want to again, which i suppose is a good sign. But i'm quite looking forward to having nonbabymaking sex :blush:

Thanks for the suggestion Pink, my friend also did the Dukan she lost like 2 stone in 2 month, but I really think it is far to drastic for what I will need, plus I don't really want to compromise my fertility any further. I literally only want to lose a few pounds and that is just to compensate for the extra protein and milk intake during IVF oh and the hormones that make you fat, and I am actually looking forward to all of it xx

Pink you are a very strong woman :hugs:

Thanks FF, either that or crazy stupid... i think because i've was told from 6 weeks onwards that things weren't looking good and also as I didn't have any MS or awful symptoms a lot of the time I just didn't feel pregnant or was subconsciously preparing myself for the inevitable....

I know I was in denial for a while or just wishful thinking I suppose... but i feel like i've already been managing my grief for longer than the 2weeks since the actual MC.

And actually if i'm truly being honest with myself and you girls in the process I just want to be pregnant again asap :(

:hugs: Ahhh, Pink YOU are doing so amazingly, Fingers crossed you get round 2 asap and you will be pregnant again
Anyway if you don't mind me asking you and Urchin, I have already written down some of the questions I want to ask my consultant Lady for my appointment, but I was just wandering if there was anything you wished you had asked but not??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->