Anyone LTTTC Number One?

Well my body is literally screaming at me that I am ovulating. Hand on heart I think this is the worst ovulation pains ever! DH enquired if I was 'up for it' after dinner and despite my body telling me to go for it my head is saying to wait because of DH needs to build up his reserves from last night. If his results weren't so bad then I would have been inclined to go for it and taking it as a sign from my body that it is ready to be impregnated but I am too worried that it would be more beneficial to wait until tomorrow morning for DH :spermy: quality. Of course I am now driving myself :wacko: wondering if I am making the wrong decision, flipping heck this is hard!

@feisty: I dont know what to say i would probably be on the fence too. At least if you wait until tomorrow you should still have an excellent chance and probably more :spermy:. Hopefully the :spermy: will catch that egg and you will get your :bfp:. Fx for you.

Oh gosh FF - I really don't know! Maybe an early morning strump, then if you did O last night you'll stand a good chance of catching it xxx

AFM I've been stressing myself out about hot baths - (I've also put this in my journal, so apologies if you're getting deja vu!)

I usually have my baths steaming hot. So hot that my bum goes pink. So hot that when I went for a blood test half an hour after having one, the nurse thought I was seriously ill!
Now of course I know not to have hot baths during pregnancy, so I have been having warm ones.
But this morning I had the following thought:
Most people don't have their baths anywhere near as hot as I do, so their hot baths are probably the same temperature as my warm ones. Which means that I may have inadvertently been having hot baths for the past 3 weeks (if measured against the SBTMS - the Standard Bath Temperature Measuring Scale)
So I need to know - how hot is too hot? how warm is warm?
Does it make any difference that I only stay in 5-10 minutes?
and who might know official answers to these questions?

aaaaaaarrrgh!

:hugs: Ahhh, Pink YOU are doing so amazingly, Fingers crossed you get round 2 asap and you will be pregnant again
Anyway if you don't mind me asking you and Urchin, I have already written down some of the questions I want to ask my consultant Lady for my appointment, but I was just wandering if there was anything you wished you had asked but not??

i had real problems trying to get onto BnB yesterday just went really slow so sorry for the delayed response..... I can't think of anything off hand, but in my clinic they gave me a named nurse that I could email if I had any questions during the process. But i'm always here if you want to ask anything and i'll try and answer it!

Sticky - i'm so glad everything went okay with the d&c :hugs:its only just happened so give yourself time.

vjp - great news on the clear tubes and insurance and even better news on the follicles, lots of :dust:

stuckinoki welcome :flower:

chels - keeping everything crossed!

Urch - don't beat yourself up everything will be fine, a lot of women don't even know they are pregnant until 12weeks and go about their ordinary lives and do all things that pregnant women shouldn't be doing... on this crazy IVF system we know too much too soon and its gives us far too much time to dwell on every little thing.
And i think it would make a difference only spending a short time in the bath, because isn't having hot baths a no no as it can raise your temperature too much which is bad for baby so therefore if your not in very long, your temperature won't be raised for too long as the minute you get out your body begins to cool and regulate again.

well, i've just ordered myself a bath thermometer just in case!

Urch good thinking on the thermometer, I had hotish baths with Sprout so of course beat myself up over it after the loss so can completely understand why your having a dilemma :hugs: When I was pregnant I read some articles on sauna's and hot tubs during pregnancy, lots of Scandinavian women continue to have them through pregnancy and have perfectly healthy babies BUT they are used to using them regularly (just like you are with your baths) Plus having a hot bath is actually a lot safer then hot tub/sauna because the water cools quite quickly.

I will probably abstain from baths when and if we ever get lucky again as the paranoia for me will be over-whelming but I just wanted to add the above to make you stop stressing until your thermometer arrives :flower:

Had a strump this morning ;) Of course now worried that we are losing chaps at an alarming rate as up and moving about but I figured that we ALWAYS dtd at night and despite having 8 hours for the chaps to find their way undisturbed they never do, so trying not to beat myself up too much.

Well have the girlies around tonight for cakes, booze and DVDs :haha: Spent yesterday baking up some gorgeous treats and was supposed to be making bannoffee pie cupcakes (one lot gluten free and one lot regular) but am really behind schedule and just want to continue lounging in bed with DH ;)

Had a glorious breakfast of Gluten free bakewell slice and home made GF millionaire shortbread (just to check for taste of course ;)) and it was epic! Burnt my tongue yesterday on home made caramel straight from the pan :dohh:

What is everyone else up to today?

So far I have wrestled with the insurance people, half cleaned the kitchen, and half the bathroom too (not sure why I'm cleaning in halves today :rofl: ) had a haircut and just eated pasta and pesto for lunch ... need to let that go down before I clean the other halves

Well I went to AC last night won $400 dollars and totally dodged any side effects from clomid so I'm extremely happy! And I only have 1 more night left and then I'm done! WooHoo! And then hopefully I'll get my bfp with IUI and won't have to take it again! or maybe I'll just do injectables next time.

Hope you caught that eggy FF! I think I have Od yesterday...but I normally wait for FF to confirm it.

Urch- you're already 7 weeks! WOW- did you have a scan?

Hey all! Hope every one is well and having a lovely weekend! We're just chilling this weekend, after a few hectic weekends its nice to chill!

AFM - AF is due next tuesday :-( hoping the witch stays away im getting soooo broody my friend has just gone for her first scan and seen her pici's today just makes me want one more and more :-(

Can i ask has any one heard of L-arginine? ive ordered some for OH but was reading that they can help woman too when TTC?

Lucy xx

Urch my best answer for u is to keep it at or under 104degrees F cause they don't like to let pregnant ladies fevers get that high. That's all I've go tho.

New to posting in this thread but thought I would come say hi :wave:

We are both 28 and have been TTC for just over a year and 2 months now (currently on cycle 16) and have recently found out we will need ICSI due to OH's low sperm count. At the moment we are just waiting for all the formal bits (paperwork) to be sorted, funding approved and most importantly a letter with our first appointment to start.

Welcome Tinkerbell! I'm sure you'll like it here - we are extremely friendly (though often silly) :D

Cheers fisher - I ordered my thermometer yesterday, so hopefully it will be here soon. I will then run myself a bath that's roughly at the temperature I have been having them and report back (and probably scare the bejeezuz out of myself while I'm at it)

I'm up at stupid o'clock again - my aunty says it's good practise! I prefer the idea of saturating my sleep cells while I can - but don't seem to have much control over it.
Still, 1 more sleep now til Scan day ... I have a feeling that today is going to be a very very long day

Can i ask has any one heard of L-arginine? ive ordered some for OH but was reading that they can help woman too when TTC?

Yes i had OH on L-Arginine and L-Carnitine most of last year, they are amino acids that are supposed to help with creating healthy sperm but i've never heard of it helping women?

I had a lovely pampering day yesterday had a much overdue leg wax (sorry if tmi!!! ) and had my hair highlighted which i've very pleased with the results, and then went out for dinner with a few close friends and drank and ate that bit too much... honeycombe cheesecake nom nom...

Tinkerbell welcome :flower:

Urch - 1 more sleep :happydance: keeping everything crossed for E&M

We have sun here FF - but I just can't get going :(
I've been up since 2:30 but feel very ropey, so am not accomplishing anything.

Mr Urch has taken the cabin bed to pieces (it goes on ebay today) and brought a big pile of stuff down that I need to sort through ... but every time I stand up, I feel very sick indeed - so I'm not really getting anything done

Maybe I should stop telling myself that I should be doing something and just enjoy the sunshine?

Enjoy the sunshine Urch! You have an excuse, your pregnant ;)

I'm supposed to be making a carrot cake for work tomorrow but I don't know if I can even summon the energy to go buy eggs!

Welcome Tinkerbell! I'm sure you'll like it here - we are extremely friendly (though often silly) :D

Cheers fisher - I ordered my thermometer yesterday, so hopefully it will be here soon. I will then run myself a bath that's roughly at the temperature I have been having them and report back (and probably scare the bejeezuz out of myself while I'm at it)

I'm up at stupid o'clock again - my aunty says it's good practise! I prefer the idea of saturating my sleep cells while I can - but don't seem to have much control over it.
Still, 1 more sleep now til Scan day ... I have a feeling that today is going to be a very very long day

Another idea perhaps more important than the water temp is to take ur temp after you get out of the shower since that's what's really effects the baby not the actual water temp.

I finished my clomid last night and had no side effects. I only had side effects on the 3rd day, I wonder why .... ? Oh well! I'm just happy that was the only day I had them! Thanks for all of the support girls!

Urchin - I can't wait until tomorrow! I think you may have twins in there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->