Anyone LTTTC Number One?

Hi girls,

Sorry I havent been on in a while, I have been busy with work and trying to adjust to working a full time job again, I got spoiled since I haven't worked in so long, so I think it will take me a minute to adjust.

So the job is going good so far for the most part, my first day was thursday of last week and I was surprised at first because i thought they hired me to do an administrative job dealing with closings on mortgages. But when I got there that wasnt the job that they had me doing. So i was really confused for the first part of the day:wacko:... So what i will be doing is recruiting appraisers for the company as my primary function. They wanted someone with an HR background and that was why they selected my resume as their number 1 choice out of the 7 resumes they got from the staffing agency. I eventually will be learning other HR type related duties because the girl I am training with is pregnant and will need me to cover for her when she goes out on maternity leave. She is the supervisor for the appraisers and handles their onboarding process, gets them set up in the system, and helps them with any issues that they might be having, she also does payroll, and runs reports, so eventually I am going to be doing recruiting and all of the other things she does as well. One good thing is that I am getting recruiting experience and I dont currently have that work experience so that will help me in the future. :thumbup:

The people i work for are both very nice. I really like girl that is training me and we get along really well, i feel like we are old friends and that we have known eachother for years!!! The company is a very laid back place to work, I can go to lunch and break when I want, and I have a choice of either a hour or half an hour lunch. I also can choose my shift that I work. The majority of the time once I am fully trained I will be working independently which is nice, I dont like being micro managed, so that is a plus for me that I wont be at this job. I also can work an earlier shift if i want to, so overall I like the job, i do think it could be boring at times but that is always the case with most jobs eventually...

Yesterday DH and me went shopping at these outlet malls and for the most part we had a good day, Until the car ride home and I started feeling really sick. I threw up in a shopping bag on the drive home, and than spent the first half of the night sitting on the bathroom floor throwing up in the toilet, at one point it got so bad i was sitting on the toilet with diareah and throwing up in shopping bags at the same time... At one point i didnt think i was ever going to be able to stop throwing up, I felt like I was going to pass out a few times because i was so weak... i was so tired but I couldnt fall asleep because I kept getting sick...I think i had a fever too, because I was shivering and so cold, I had the space heater on in the bedroom on high and DH said it was burning up hot in there, but I couldnt get warm, and I had a bucket with shopping bags next to the bed in case I couldnt make it to the bathroom in time... Eventually I stopped throwing up and was able to go to sleep, But man it was horrible, i wouldnt wish it on my worst enemy. I weighed myself this morning and I literally lost 5 pounds in one day.

i think i got food poisoning, but the weird thing is that DH ate almost the same thing as me and he was perfectly fine...:shrug: This morning I feel like a zombie that had the life sucked out of them. I am trying to drink plenty of fluids and I started to nibble on some fresh fruit even though I am scared to eat right now... Good lord girls, it was horrible!!!

New to posting in this thread but thought I would come say hi :wave:

We are both 28 and have been TTC for just over a year and 2 months now (currently on cycle 16) and have recently found out we will need ICSI due to OH's low sperm count. At the moment we are just waiting for all the formal bits (paperwork) to be sorted, funding approved and most importantly a letter with our first appointment to start.

https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh126/izzybee22/WelcomemnopStarbabygirl06.gif

@Ash, I am glad that the clomid didnt give you many side effects!! :thumbup: Good luck with your upcoming IUI!! :dust: :dust:

@Urchin, I am super excited about your scan!!! fingers crossed it will be twins!!! :flower:

wow wannabe! that's a tale of two halves!

So glad the job is going well for you - certainly sounds like you've fallen on your feet
But booooo to the food poisoning, that sounds dreadful :(

Stuckin I am sorry to hear about your MC. Great to hear you have got hubby n board with the IUI, It seems some men are slightly resistant, I must be one of the lucky ones as my hubby is up for anything (good job really), It has been me who is resistant :)

Chels It is so rude of the witch the least she can do it come on time if she is coming ;)

Poco Hope you made the most of the possible fertile time :D

Vj How exciting to see all those follies, lets hope you can catch one :)

Pink Thanks for the support you are a gem, lets hope you can get started on round 2 asap, maybe we will be in sync with each other :)

Hi lucy, I have no clue about the L-argine, but I do know it is in the vits I take and the one hubby takes and we were also told it was o.k. for me to take hubby's vits or vice verse

FF Those ov pains sound v.promising I hope you got that eggy :D

Sunny you too hope you got in plenty of BD'ing

Wow lots of ov this weekend, hope this is a good sign

Welcome Tinkerbell, you will feel very cozy here so make yourself comfy and lets hope you have a nice short stay xx

Ash great news on finishing your first round of Clomid, I am glad you managed to dodge the last couple of days free of any nasty side-effect, I am totally dreading the side effect of all the drugs I will have to take, but like you say when we are finally holding our babies it won't matter a bit :)

Wannabe Sounds like your new job is going to be great for you, I am so glad you are settling in well there just a shame about you being ill, I hope you are feeling back to yourself soon xx

Urchin , Now I am so so excited about tomorrow, I am not sure I can wait til I finish work until I find out, so I might just try and get on here on my phone, but it is so slow, but I wish you the best of luck and I can't wait to see if you have Eenie and Meenie still on board. Now 2 buns in the oven will be like winning the lottery, I am sure you are excited but aprehensive so I am sending you all the positive vibes I possibly can your way. And try and get some sleep I bet the morning will drag for you so keep yourself busy but not too busy :D

Well afm I managed to lose 3 pounds so I am half way to the weight I put down on my IVF forms and I think I will do it. I can't believe how quickly the time is going until my
appt xx

Thank you for the welcomes, friendly and silly? I could fit in here perfectly then ;)

Thanks Mrs H ... I shall try to get BnB updated as quickly as I can :D
I know there's a lot of people rooting for me (and I really appreciate it)

3lbs is good going hon - the meds certainly make you put some on - though it's hard to know if it's bloat or actual weight, but hey - it's all worth it isn't it?

yaaay Tinkerbell - friendly silly ones particularly welcome :thumbup:

Goodluck for tomorrow Urch! Hope both are hanging out having a party in there! xx

Goodluck for tomorrow Urch! make sure you update us all! I bet you wont sleep at all tonight :) xxx

I'm guessing you have an early scan tomorrow Urchin? how long had you been trying, did you have fertility treatment?

Where is everyone else at if you all don't mind me asking, just so I can get to know the important stuff? x

I'm guessing you have an early scan tomorrow Urchin? how long had you been trying, did you have fertility treatment?

Where is everyone else at if you all don't mind me asking, just so I can get to know the important stuff? x

Hi tinkerbell,

I have gone through all of the fertility testing myself. My husband had a 14 year old vasectomy reversed back in October 2009, so I have been trying for over 2 years now. He has a low sperm count as a result of the VR. I need to have surgery/hysterscopy done to remove a polyp from my uterus and I was going to have a laparoscopy done to try to unblock my possibly one blocked tube at the same time, I needed to get the polyp removed before my DH & I could do IUI. But I just started a new job so I am going to postpone the surgery for now I think and just work and save up some money to pay for my out of pocket costs for the surgery and for the IUI. So that is my story in a nut shell, i have more info in my signature as well.

Hi Tinks, I had a Laparoscopy in December where they found both my tubes were blocked but with scar tissue, so no hope of fixing me or of a natural conception, I got referred there and then for IVF and have my first proper appointment with the IVF FS in 12 days :)
What about you?? xx

I am currently under going test and have the next FS appointment in May (big list in the UK NHS fertility).
I have had 2 miscarriages last year and I am now TTC while waiting for the next step.
Been trying for 1 year and half.

How about you?

URCH- good luck tomorrow!

Thank you for sharing your stories, wishing you all lots of baby dust :hugs:

My story is -
We started TTC very early December 2010 and were aware that due to me having Cystic Fibrosis falling pregnant could be slightly difficult due to either blocked tubes and my cervix being too blocked by thick mucus for sperm to get through but we stayed positive that we'd be ok and I wuld be pregnant within 6 months. This didn't happen and after 9 months of trying my CF consultant referred us to a fertility team, both he and I expected that the problem would just be my CM and we'd need IUI.

Our first appointment was in November and I was sent for CD3 and 21 bloods which came back fine and a Hycosy to check everything looked ok and my tubes weren't blocked this also came back perfect and of course just to check OH was sent for a SA test, we had our follow up appointment a couple of weeks ago and were devasted to find out in fact OH has a very low sperm count and we will need ICSI :(

Right now we are just waiting for all the paperwork to be done and our PCT to agree to the funding and we're hoping we will hear int he next month when our first appointment with the ICSI team will be, of course in the mean time we are still trying but was told our chances are extremly slim.

Welcome Tink, don't despair over low results - my DH had 23 million at test early last year but the latest one in January 2012 this number had dropped to just under 5 million. Fluctuations are normal and one low reading doesn't mean there is a definite problem, supplements and diet changes can also have a big impact in raising those numbers. If you would like any more information on diet PM me and I will let you know what we are trying :flower:

Urchin I am seriously excited about your scan tomorrow :cloud9: Please beg for a photo so that we can all compare E & M to your original photo ;) I am rooting for you hun, as we all are! xxx

Well, Monday has arrived! ... wasn't quite planning on seeing this much of it though tbh :growlmad:

Yet here I am, 1:30 and wide awake again - hoping that if I bugger about on the interweb for a bit I'll go sleepy again.

Today's the day girlies and by f*** i'm nervous - not sure how I'm gonna get through the next 13 hours

Hi Ladies! Will do a proper post l8r 2nite. Jst wanted to drop by and say good luck to Urich 2day. Looking 4ward to hearing all bout it l8r xxxx

Good luck today urch! Wishing you a wonderful visit where you get to see your blueberries! =)

Urchin I will be thinking about you today, All these nerves will be worth it, they are just there to keep you grounded. But of course you don't actually need them. Good Luck. Eenie and Meenie are gonna show you what a miracle really is today :D xxx

Sorry you woke up so early hun, but this is a good sign that those pregnancy hormones are raging AND it may be an old wives tale but symptoms are supposedly a lot worse with twins :flower:

So excited for you! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"