Anyone LTTTC Number One?

Thanks ickle, I have PCOS too, hopefully it'll help, I'll have to have a google too!

xx

Well girls, I has another scan this morning, I'm pretty sure this was my 7th scan this cycle and it turns out I'm ready to go :) I have 2 follicles, they're 21mm in size so I will be triggering tonight and having IUI Wednesday morning.

I'm pretty sure I told you all about my genetic testing. Well I came back positive for carrying the CF gene and we've been waiting for my OH's results to come back but they're not here yet so I was freaking out because I do not want a child with CF. So, I thought about it this whole cycle and talked to my OH and we decided that even if his results aren't back we're going to go through with the IUI because even if OH does come back positive the chance of our child getting CF is 1 in 22 and the chance of getting pregnant with this IUI cycle is 20% so copperman (my doctor) told us that the chance of us getting the worse outcome so pregnant with a child with CF is 1 in 88 and that's not a lot so we're going through with it!

Also, if I don't go through with this IUI the chance that my insurance company will approve the IVF if this doesn't work is not likely since they want to see one completed cycle on injectables. So, it is what it is. We're doing what we need to do and we'll see what happens. We have 2 more days to find out the results of OH's genetic results so maybe we'll get lucky and they'll come in either today, tomorrow or Wednesday morning before the IUI! :)

I hope every else is doing great! I'll let you guys know how I get on on Wednesday :)

Oh I forgot to add that if we do get pregnant and OH does come back positive for CF then we will be doing a CVS at 11 weeks which is where they test the placenta and if it turns out that the baby has CF we will be terminating the pregnancy because I don't think it's fair to bring a child into the world that has a horrible disease. If you don't know what cystic fibrosis is you should look it up, it's awful.

I want to add that I DO NOT condone abortion in a normal situation (like if someone just got pregnant accidentally and doesn't want it). I also do not take it lightly, this is something I've been struggling with this entire cycle and I hope you guys can understand where I am coming from!

That's a fantastic size for your follies Ash. You might even get twins :)

I think I'd do the same as you are given that your OH's results aren't back yet. Fingers crossed that you get pregnant, he gets the all clear and that you don't have to make any big decisions.

Ash is there no way you can hurry up the results?

I know that you are going to go ahead regardless but perhaps it would help to ease your fears :flower: I am worried that I am also a carrier of CF as I had a cousin that died of it when he was 14 and I was 5. He was a strong little fighter with an amazing sense of humour but despite my young age I remember the stress and horror he had to go through.

There is also a large possibility that I am also a carrier of DS and with the last pregnancy I was a wreck that one of those was going to happen to us :(

Hey ladies!

Ash, good for you to make the decision! You have a plan, stick to it, and hope for the best....after all what more can we do. God/The Universe does things in their own time and fashion! We are just along for the ride!

Sticky - Glad most the m/c is behind you and that you had a great time in Spain. I have always wanted to go there, but it is a bit far from where I am. We need to try to find 2 weeks to go and really enjoy it!

afm - 4 or 5 dpo...I dont remember.....this cycle is just creeping by! Hurry up and give me my BFP please!

Hi to everyone else! Chat later

Oh sticky just read your update, I am so sorry my sweet :hugs: Glad it didn't affect your holiday too much :flower:

Got the call from the nurse and he's negative for CF so we have no worries at all :) My child MAY be a carrier but will not be at risk of having CF :) Yay!! I'm so happy, it take soo much stress off.

As far as rushing the results, I know it doesn't matter now since the results are here but you can't really rush the results of genetics because they take longer to come back. I don't know exactly how they do the procedure but I do know that it's a lot more complicated then testing progesterone or hcg levels, etc. They said it can take up to 3 weeks to get the results back so ... you can prioritize them, like they can send the blood out the same day they take it and they can start the test immediately when they get the blood but you can't really rush the process.

Anyways! I'm really happy the results got here before the IUI. I was going to go through with it anyways because the odds that he had it too was only 1 in 814 (according to a CF website, I don't remember the website) but now I don't have to worry.

Ickle pand - it would make me incredibly happy to be pregnant with twins but I will happily take one :)

Ash- Glad to hear he's negative, at least that's one less thing for you to worry about!

Sorry to read about all the miscarriages. This is terrible that we're all in this group for so long! I'm glad to get to know all you ladies though.

AFM- I'm CD8 today so I just finished clomid yesterday and start testing CD11, so just a few more days. I'm doubling up on the OPKs at home this go round since the last two months I never got a positive. I got a big pack of smiley face OPKs and cheapies from amazon this week. Along with yet another tube of preseed. I had this total flash back when I was taking everything out of the box when I got the same package LAST summer and thought THIS IS IT! This is going to work! This OPK business, soft cups, and preseed is EXACTLY what we've been missing all this time. ...This time I was thinking, I wonder if I'll be buying another package of all this stuff in a few months?

thank you guys! I will definitely post when I get back from the IUI on Wednesday to let you ladies numbers of sperm and what not :)

Fisher - I know that feeling.....the last 3 tubes of pressed and mucinex I have bought made me have that reaction. At the end of the day, it will happen regardless of what we do or don't do....IF it was meant to be. That was the final conclusion I came to...its what is getting me through all of it now. I'm not sure if that helps you but I thought I would share.

Ash-Good luck! I am hoping to have iui #3 on Wednesday too!!

That's great news Ash. I bet that's a load off your mind. Everything's coming together nicely for this cycle :)

Fisher it sucks doesn't it? I just had to renew my VIP membership on FF because I'd come to the end of the year for the last one I got. That was a low moment too.

AFM - Getting highs on my CBFM and had EWCM yesterday so DH and I DTD. I have arthritis though and my joints are aching today (probably from sitting in my friends freezing cold house last night) so I hope they ease off soon or the mating season is going to be grim.

Fisher I have truly tried to quit thinking I will be pregnant by '......' as I always feel like such a failure when it comes and goes :( But I know what you mean, occasionally I will get such a strong dose of PMA that I think this is it!

I am supposed to be going on a hen party weekend in September and I am so anxious :( I have never been away from my DH for that long since we were both 15. None of my friends understand, or they think I would be glad that I was getting a 'break'. I have found the pregnancy get out clause crossing my mind a few times :( Was ecstatic when we fell last time as I would have been almost 8 months gone and would have had the perfect excuse - out the window now though :(

hey

good news ash re:CF and good luck with the IUI

Sticky, sorry that the MC coincided with your holiday but glad you managed to enjoy yourself.

AFM i'm feeling a bit down and just generally in limbo. went to a jubliee party round a friends who i know is already pregnant and already has a little one, but every other couple at the party either had a baby or was pregnant as well.... plus i didn't know any of the other guests so got the usual a*sehole line of 'when are you going to have a baby'... one day i might just respond, i can't but thank you for highlighting my infertility!!

so that made me feel sh*t, i know i should be looking forward to the next round of IVF which starts this month but the last few days i'm feeling it'll never happen for us. There is a lot of other crap going on in my life at the moment and now there is also uncertainty at work about my job :( and i'm going away tomorrow for 3 days to north devon and its forecast to rain the entire time :cry:sorry for the pity party ladies just needed to vent!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->