Anyone LTTTC Number One?

@Wintersong, ami1985 & Madgirl, Welcome to the thread ladies!!! Kick your feet up and make yourselves at home....:winkwink:

https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh126/izzybee22/Welcome-2.gif

Those of you who are/were taking clomid -- since that's next up on our treatment options:

My DH is SUPER squeamish about the threat of multiples. How did yours feel about that and how did you feel about it? I always wanted more than one :baby: so I guess I'm okay with it but I am hesitant to start taking it yet because I don't want DH to be cranky/resentful etc if we ended up with twins because of the clomid. AND the thought of more than twins is kind of terrifying. How did you all come to terms with that and/or discuss that with your OH's???

I used clomid 50mg for two months but this month I am on a natural cycle...I wanted to give it a try to see if it could help improve my chances of getting pregnant... I did research about the risk of multiples and I read that it is only 5% for twins and even lower for 3 or more...So the risk is very low in my opinion and if it helps you get your BFP I think that within itself makes it worth taking the chance.

On the upside just imagine if you did get pregnant with twins than if you only wanted 2 kids you only have to go through one pregnancy and labor...it is kind of like a way to cheat the system...LOL...:haha: I personally would be over the moon and sooo happy if I could have twins, it would be so much fun despite being more work and more expensive.... Plus if it was this hard to get pregnant once, it might save you from having to go through years of trying again for another baby, because you managed to have your family in just one pregnancy!!! :thumbup: So in conclusion it is well worth the risk...the benefits completly outweigh the risk which isnt so bad if you think about it!! My vote is that you go for it!!! It will be so worth it if it can finally get your your BFP!!!!

wannabeprego~ I totally agree!!! :thumbup:

So how is it coming with the test progression? You have a BFP yet??

wannabeprego~ I totally agree!!! :thumbup:

So how is it coming with the test progression? You have a BFP yet??

I still have no idea for sure what is going on hun.....:shrug: If anything develops for sure than I will definatly do an update to my testing thread in the HPT Gallery...This 2 WW is making me go totally bonkers and I am thinking of getting myself a straight jacket and checking into the mental institution.....Lordy......:wacko::wacko::wacko: LOL....:haha:

@Fisher, I also wanted to give you a tip if you do decide to start taking the clomid...Take your pill later at night before you go to bed to avoid the possible side effects and than that way you sleep through most of them...It might of been because my body got used to them maybe..:shrug:. the first month I took the pills was when I had the most side effects, the second month I really didn't hardly have any... The side effects I had were that I got very sleepy after taking the pills, hot flashes throughout the second half of my cycle, i had some flu like symptoms on the first month, my normal OV cramps and pre AF cramps were alot more intense than normal and lasted longer in my cycle. I got super hungry. I know alot of girls said they gained a few pounds well on the pills because of appetite increase. But, it wasnt too bad and i survived and I would do it again if I had to and will probably have to take them again if I can make it to doing IUI as part of the IUI process. Good luck to you... This was the best tip I can give for taking the clomid pills and I just wanted to share it with you....:winkwink:

Hey everyone, welcome to the new ladies!

Well I'm pretty sure I'm out for this month, my bbt never went back up after it dropped 3 days ago. Now I'm just waiting for the :witch: to come and trying to stay positive.

FX for everyone, especially Fisher and Tasha :hugs:

Wannabe - fx'ed for you. I hope this is it.

Djibou - I hope your wrong and that you don't follow the typical pattern.

I am still waiting for AF. I took my last provera pill on Sunday (three days ago.) I bought my soy last night, have PreSeed, and just waiting to schedule my HSG once AF arrives. Hopefully this is my month.

Morning people! Hmmmm thoughts on twins... Ok, sneaky confession is that part of me would quite like them! IVF is hugely expensive, so if I can get 2 for the price of one I'm happy! Seriously though, it is probably the only way we would be able to have a second child.....
But, most of me is thinking noooooooo! It's tiring enough dealing with the needs of one baby, two at once would be so much harder.

There's also increased risk to both mother and babies with multiples - 2
healthy babies is very different from two very poorly ones

that said, both me and Mr Urch are prepared to take the risk... The odds at our clinic are
40% if they put one back and 60% for two... And I know what I like the sound of better!

Hi ladies

Well the old :witch: got me today... 4 DAYS EARLY! :growlmad: Grrr what the hell is that about?!
Personally i think my body is taking the p*ss now because I felt we had the most relaxed month this cycle and then AF comes early!?, unless the shock of getting put forward for IVF was just too much for my body to take!? :winkwink:

i'm actually feeling okay about it, my sister is moving to the US this weekend so at least i'll be able to have a fairwell drink to see her off. Plus its unseasonably gorgeous weather in the UK at the moment so i don't want anything to spoil my weekend, esp not old AF.

So already thinking about my new cycle, I think i might try OPK's this month. Does anyone know of a good reasonable supplier (Boots way too expensive for about 7 sticks!) also when do you start using them? I should normally have a 26day cycle so what day would I start them on and what time of day would you use them? :shrug:

Yellowbell - sorry to bow out so soon, i'll keep my fx that you get to test on 6th Oct and the :witch: doesn't get any of you ladies that are currently in the 2ww! :dust:

@Pinkfee, I am so sorry the :witch: got you hun...:hugs:

Good luck for your next cycle and your future IVF...:dust::dust:

As far as OPK's I would suggest going on Amazon.com and you can get a 50 pack of OPK test strips for about 10 bucks, and they always work great for me...I never have a problem with them and I dont have to break the bank to be able to afford them...:winkwink:

AFM, I have no clue what the hell is going on with me...:wacko: I went from getting 4 days straight of very positive looking IC's to the last 2 days getting negative IC's...I tried a few FRER's and I see a faint second line but I think it is the dam antibody strip indent trying to give me false hope....I have a few theories about my IC's, I literally had a pack of 100 of them, and I think I maybe got a bad batch of them, or maybe I had a chemical this month and AF is going to show any day now.....So long story short, I am loosing hope at this point and feeling pretty down about this month...:cry:

Of course there is always that small glimmer of hope that thinks I still have time to get my BFP since AF hasnt arrived yet....

I added my FRER's to my testing thread in the HPT gallery as well if anyone wants to take a peek....

wannabepreggo there is always hope until the :witch: shows her face.

try to stay positive, but here's a few hugs to :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: to make you feel better x

Pinkfee I'm so sorry! :hugs: At least, you got fewer days of anxiety at the end of your 2WW right?!

I'm actually on the same boat, the :witch: came 2 days early, but I was expecting it because my bbt was so low. Of course I'm upset, but I don't feel like crying all day for once! I think this thread is helping, I don't feel so lonely in my journey anymore! Thanks to all of you :flower:

Wannabe, don't lose hope, it could still happen!

Take care everyone!

Wow I am also part of the freaky shorter LP gang as the :witch: showed up 2 days early last cycle :wacko:

Wannabe I think you need to take a trip to your doctor and get your HCG level checked, it would help to put your mind at ease :hugs:

@Djibou and Fiesty, I am so sorry that the :witch: got you girls.... :hugs: :hugs:

@Fiesty, I dont have a DR here yet we moved to a new state and I havent had a chance to get a regular DR yet, plus if my period isnt late yet, I am not sure if they would be willing to give me a blood test this early??? So for now I am just going to try to wait things out and see how things go...Hopefully I wont go to crazy and completely loose my mind in this 2WW.....:wacko: :wacko:

I started cramping & smidge of spotting (13dpo with a negative test this morning) so I think :witch: will be here tomorrow or Saturday :-/

I cried about it to DH today and he may not be as far away from giving clomid a green light as I suspect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->