Anyone LTTTC Number One?

Tasha 11DPO is way too early to test hun, fingers crossed this is it for you! :dance:

wannabe, when is your beta test?

fisher, djibou and tasha, could be still too early for that shy BFP. Lots of luck that BFP shows in a the next few days :dust:

I'm off to see a girl friend this morning. She had been LTTC # 1 too and now she's on her 2nd tri :) I hope her luck spreads on me and then I'll spread over to all of you here when I get back :D

11 dpo isn't that early actually. For alot of people it is pretty early, but it still can pick something up.

I just wanted to join you ladies! I am afraid I don't have time to read through the 36 pages on this thread lol. DH and I have been TTC #1 for almost 4 years. Had an hsg in June, got preggo that month, but didn't stick and AF came.

Dh and I are starting a more relaxed "don't think about it" approach and just have fun with it.

Best of luck to you ladies!

Ive been TTC for 3 years with no success :( no BFP and i have PCOS, im going to docs tmora to demand he try me on metformin see if that helps as ive been on no meds so far...if not then its bac to the gynae xxxx

Ive been ttc #1 since January of 2006 with PCOS.

Welcome to the thread WinterSong, Ami and Madgirl - it's very cozy in here...
Pull up a chair and make yourselves at home x

no particular news from me this morning -AF has her nails dug into me and is refusing to play nice - so I'm feeling pretty sore and crap :(

welcome to the new ladies!

I'm back from meeting my friend, and here's spreading lots of preggy baby dust to all of you :dust: :dust:

Thank you everyone I am trying to stay positive until the ugly witch show's her face or not xx

Hi ladies,
I'm taking my last clomid tonight, don't know how DH puts up with me! Im such a cow on them! Good news is it's another month of trying! I have a good feeling for this month especially since I ovulated for the 1st time last month (missed it though cos opk didn't pick it up) so just guna bd everyother day & see how we go!
I have my fs appointment oct 27th so will have to see what he says the nxt step is if bfn this month 

Goodluck for all you lovely ladies waiting for their confirmed bfp's and baby dust to the rest of us!

xx

Thank you everyone I am trying to stay positive until the ugly witch show's her face or not xx

I'm right there with you. I'm fairly certain you could make a graph of my mood and correlate it with exactly how sore my tits are at the moment. Sore tits = PMA:thumbup:, non sore tits = :sad1:

I'm 12dpo, which is usually when my :witch: comes..... so I guess no news is good news, but I had another stark white hpt this morning. :nope:

Those of you who are/were taking clomid -- since that's next up on our treatment options:

My DH is SUPER squeamish about the threat of multiples. How did yours feel about that and how did you feel about it? I always wanted more than one :baby: so I guess I'm okay with it but I am hesitant to start taking it yet because I don't want DH to be cranky/resentful etc if we ended up with twins because of the clomid. AND the thought of more than twins is kind of terrifying. How did you all come to terms with that and/or discuss that with your OH's???

I didn't really talk to my DH about it. I read the side effects where it lists the chance of multiples and he just kinda grinned. He is not thrilled about the idea of multiples, but I think at this poing he will take what he can get.

Fisher i've got the same dilemma but thinking about it in relation to IVF, how many eggs do you put back in?! my OH said nonchalantly the other day that twins would be quite good we could have a ready made family all in one go and then we'll never have to have ttc sex ever again :haha: (can you tell after two years we're getting bored with it yet?!!) until i said to him excuse me who would have to push them out! plus having to get two of everything! plus i'd have a feeling that they'd tag team against me, once one stopped crying the other would start!

Then my sister told me of a friend of hers who has just had triplets (!:shock:) after IVF where they put two eggs back in and one of them split! now thats just bad luck!!!!!

So i suppose i'm terrified of it and my OH thinks its quite a good idea!

Fisher i've got the same dilemma but thinking about it in relation to IVF, how many eggs do you put back in?! my OH said nonchalantly the other day that twins would be quite good we could have a ready made family all in one go and then we'll never have to have ttc sex ever again :haha: (can you tell after two years we're getting bored with it yet?!!) until i said to him excuse me who would have to push them out! plus having to get two of everything! plus i'd have a feeling that they'd tag team against me, once one stopped crying the other would start!

Then my sister told me of a friend of hers who has just had triplets (!:shock:) after IVF where they put two eggs back in and one of them split! now thats just bad luck!!!!!

So i suppose i'm terrified of it and my OH thinks its quite a good idea!

Yeah anything >2 sounds terrifying to me. I'd probably be scared but secretly excited about twins cause DH has always said he only ever wants 1 baby and I was hoping we'd have 1 by now and then maybe an 'accident' in another year -- that was before we started having unprotected :sex: at the beginning of 2009! :rofl: who knew I'd still be waiting on my first ever :bfp: at this point! But his words when we were talking about clomid and the risks after my appointment were "you're too small for 2 babies" and "I'm afraid we couldn't afford 2 babies" etc etc...

Hmm i know what you mean, i'm actually fascinated with twins but i'm trying to suspress that thought just incase in encourages my body to produce them! twins also run in my side of the family so i generally think I have a higher chance of having them to begin with....

but like dazed said i think i'd take what I could get now!

Those of you who are/were taking clomid -- since that's next up on our treatment options:

My DH is SUPER squeamish about the threat of multiples. How did yours feel about that and how did you feel about it? I always wanted more than one :baby: so I guess I'm okay with it but I am hesitant to start taking it yet because I don't want DH to be cranky/resentful etc if we ended up with twins because of the clomid. AND the thought of more than twins is kind of terrifying. How did you all come to terms with that and/or discuss that with your OH's???

I would go for it!! :haha: I am a Clomid taker.. 2 cycles so far. My doc told me that there is a 10% chance of muiltiples.. A risk I am willing to take!! :winkwink: I have waited two years for a baby and if the good Lord decides to give me two who am I to complain! If you did end up with twins I'm sure your DH would be thrilled! He may be scared at first, but it would work out! I told my DH the risk and he said oh well, we would eventually have them ( we want 2-3 ) We are both just ready for me to be preg. I wish you the best of luck!! :flower:

I'm taking a break from Clomid at the moment, but I felt it was worth the risk of multiples to have a better chance of concieving. You would make whatever adjustments to your lives you had to and be awesome Mommies to BOTH of the babies Im sure ladies!!!

The statistics on clomid and multiples is quite varied, apparently the risk of twins or more is very low - only slightly higher then 'natural' conception.

I love the idea of twins, my maternal grand-father is a twin and my father is also one. I had two sets of twins within my cousins (one set was lost and with the other one was lost but this was years ago) and one set so far in my second cousins - all on my maternal side. When I was pregnant I was obsessed with watching pregnancy and baby programmes and I loved the multiple ones, in fact DH and I joked that if we had multiples we would be moving his mother in to help for the first month :haha:

I must admit part of me would love twins, but the sensible part thinks of the extra work, the expense etc, but I'll be happy with either!
The dr.s do go on about the higher risk of multiples everytime they mention clomid.
My DH hasn't said to much about it, I think he secretly would like twins!

xx

I know what you mean about the Doctor's spouting multiples when clomid is mentions :haha: It is just to cover their backs as if a person wasn't warned and they then had multiples they are unable to prove whether it was the clomid that caused it and so the patient would be able to legally sue the GP :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->