Anyone LTTTC Number One?

Oooo Wannabe that looks awesome hun! We love Halloween too, can't wait to get my costume sorted!

Welcome to the thread Faith :waves:

Thanks, I think it is going to be alot of fun tonight...

This year me and DH are going to be dressing up as vampires and we have everything picked out already. We like to find a nice night club that is having a Halloween costume party to go out to.

Last year me and DH dressed up as hippies and went out to a night club...it was a riot and alot of fun... :winkwink:

:lol: Well DH and I are proper geeks and are going to our annual comicon expo in London the weekend before Halloween, I am going as American McGees Alice and so far the costume is going great :thumbup:

https://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSXivVwMvyjOCbdlsmFPk9UXjwtN5IzUsalfvSajWKV3PoALYig

Urchin I think we need before & after pictures and PS I was :rofl: about the "weeing in a bucket" ahahaha. That sucks. I was envisionig you balanced on a bucket while trying to juggle OPK sticks :haha:

Welcome FHL ... Always nice to see new peoples in our lovely (if kinda silly) thread :)

Wannabe and Fisher - I forgot to take any before shots, so you'll just have to imagine the hideousness that was my bathroom .... I'll see if I can paint a picture for you (look away now if you are of a nervous disposition ....)

I live in a 1930s ex-council house. Anyone in the UK will know the type (we have estates full of them) semis and terraces of 4, kinda square with a bay window and a concrete porch. This one had been owned by an old couple since they bought it off the council and before them, her parents lived there.

When I bought it, it was a typical old peoples house - hideous blown vinyl wallpaper, pasted over 6 layers of equally heinous wallpaper - and one evil smelly carpet over 2 more even smellier ones. I had it rewired as there were sockets stuck on with blutack, painted over all the wallpaper, stripped the polystyrene ceiling tiles and that was about it!

The bathroom was tiled floor to ceiling in lemon yellow 1950s tiles, with the odd 1950s picture tile of roses on a white background. The grout was grubby and a lot of the tiles were cracked and coming away from the walls.

The toilet had an old plastic cistern, yellowed with age and a busted flush and the loo itself was connected to the soil pipe with layers and layers of old duct tape.

The floor was a piece of grey vinyl, cut about 3" too short on two sides.

And the plumbing zig-zagged alarmingly across the walls

Oh yes, it was a fine bathroom and no mistake.

Yesterday we plastered the 3 remaining walls (which are now looking sooo much better - even just as bare plaster) and when I took the vinyl up I found lovely quarry tiles - only one cracked one and that's behind the toilet. They are of course filthy and have a layer of backing foam stuck to them - so this morning I will be srcubbing them with tile cleaner.
I think they will probably come up clean enough to reseal and leave uncovered.

It took us 7 hours to plaster yesterday then we headed off to our friend's house for shower and take away. I'm hoping that we get everything reconnected today so I can bleach out the bucket and take a nice long soaky bath!

Oh, and Fisher - balancing on a bucket is an art form, but I didn't couple it with any POAS activity.... :lol:

PS I was :rofl: about the "weeing in a bucket" ahahaha. That sucks. I was envisionig you balanced on a bucket while trying to juggle OPK sticks :haha:

:rofl: Urchin you have ruined my hilarious vision now! :haha: I am so impressed by you! I have always wanted to take on a huge project like that but I am afraid I just wouldn't have the know how :shrug: I applaud you :thumbup:

Wannabe how was last night? xxx

hello lovely ladies!
Welcome to the group, FaithHopeLuv! :flower:

I am sorry to hear about AF showing up Djibou, Fisher and Tasha :hug:

Fisher, it's not over until the witch shows! ;)

Feisty, what's the URL of your blog? *stalker grin*

urchin, welldone your bathroom! =D> I hope you won't need that bucket anymore :laugh2:

wannabe, happy anniversary to you and hubby. The Frightland place looks like an awesome wicked Halloween place :thumbup:

As for me, I had a bout of jealousy this morning when my father in law posted some pictures of his niece's baby when he had some time with them yesterday at granny's place. I was shouting in my head that it should be my baby that he should be cooing on *sigh*
Anyhow, I am 13dpo today, I bought a couple of HPTs today but I am so scared to use it :wacko:

We've been TTC since December 2009. We were together for about 3/4 years before we got married and thought we were doing things the right way, being very careful to use protection and panicking when we thought AF was late, waiting to try for a baby until we were married. If I'd known it would take this long we would have saved a lot of money on condoms!

We started investigations into why nothing had happened at the start of this year, after just over a year of trying, during cycle 14. I had a smear which came back normal and they took bloods to check whether I'd had my Rubella jabs and CD21 bloods. But the CD21 bloods had a problem at the lab so I didn't get the results. I was supposed to reschedule the appointment but then stuff happened and I lost my job/we moved house so we weren't in a great place to continue the investigations.

Now I'm halfway through Cycle 21 and we're finally getting back to find out why we're still not parents. I've got my 21 day bloods on Tuesday and OH is getting a sperm test done the same day, so in three weeks time we should find out if it's him or me, or just fate that we've not conceived yet.

Honestly I'd rather it was a problem with me if there was something wrong. I think I'd be better able to handle it if it was. He's quite a bit older than me and I think he's worried that it is because of him.

Wannabe how was last night? xxx

We had a good time over all. My favorite attraction was the first haunted house that we saw and it was called Idalia Manor. It was scary with pretty impressive costumes..... We went 2 more indoor attractions, one was pitch black and we almost got lost because we couldnt see anything, and all of the sudden a light would come on and some crazy person would come flying out at you.. We were literally feeling along the walls to know which direction to walk. This one place called the haunted barn was alright, with barn themed horrors, pigs hanging from the ceiling, dead bodies on tables, pretty gory, :haha: and at the end they had these guys with chainsaws coming after you...LOL..:haha: The last thing we did was a haunted hayride, and on the way you got to see a prisoner get executed in the electric chair, and some how the warden got executed instead when the lights went out...LOL... there were crazy hillbillys jumping out at you, one with a gun, a creepy butcher with meat hanging and I yelled out in a deep voice "Can I get a Beef Briscut" and everyone laughed ...LOL..a crashed exploding airplane on fire, one part had a walking trail with people blending iwh the bushes jumping out at you, and zombies chasing after you,..and lots of other stuff...

On the down side we had alot of waiting in long lines to get into attractions, and it was chilly last night, a cold breeze and rain for the last half of the night...So we were freezing, I should of warn my winter coat and ear muffs, I just had on long sleeve shirt, with a hooded zip up sweat shirt... And the other annoying thing was the teenagers acting crazy driving me and DH nuts. One teen guy wouldnt shut up on the hayride and the entire time he kept saying "What the F**k" and everyone was sooo annoyed....:growlmad: Than when I was standing in line for the hayride for literally 2 plus hours the one teen boy kept bumping into me over and over and over until i got mad and yelled at him "Can you please stop bumping into me!!!" and he finally stopped. DH said one of the kids was bumping into him but he just gave the guy a look and he stopped, mind you my DH is a big tall man...LOL:haha:

So overall I was glad we went, and it was nice to get out to do something different in the spirit of Halloween..one of my favorite holidays...:thumbup:

So I just realzed that Ive never properly introduced myself! I have posted on this thread once or twice, but not done the "this is my story" thing!!!:dohh:

So Hi! Im 35 years old, DH is 36, we are TTC number one. We have been at this for a year or so now, and have only not really tried very hard for one cycle. Otherwise...full 100% effort at making a new person!!! We have had the basic tests, bloodwork, SA, and HSG, and all is well so far. I suppose the biggest thing slowing us down is likely our ages, but Ive seen quite a few couples older than us on here who fall easily.

The waiting game has recently started to get me down. Silly DH has told me about two women in our lives (one a friend one family) in the last two days who are pregnant, and was shocked when I burst into tears at the news. What did he expect really?:shrug: I am happy for them, sure, but Im just as envious!!!

Anyway, its wonderful to be a part of a group like this and know Im not going through all of this alone!:hugs:

hello lovely ladies!
Welcome to the group, FaithHopeLuv! :flower:

I am sorry to hear about AF showing up Djibou, Fisher and Tasha :hug:

Fisher, it's not over until the witch shows! ;)

Feisty, what's the URL of your blog? *stalker grin*

urchin, welldone your bathroom! =D> I hope you won't need that bucket anymore :laugh2:

wannabe, happy anniversary to you and hubby. The Frightland place looks like an awesome wicked Halloween place :thumbup:

As for me, I had a bout of jealousy this morning when my father in law posted some pictures of his niece's baby when he had some time with them yesterday at granny's place. I was shouting in my head that it should be my baby that he should be cooing on *sigh*
Anyhow, I am 13dpo today, I bought a couple of HPTs today but I am so scared to use it :wacko:

I am so sorry that you are having a hard day......:hugs::hugs:

Ohhh, I am excited anout you testing!!:winkwink:.. If you are going to wait to :test:than how long will you wait? When will your AF be late??? Please let us know when you do test hun...Good luck and baby dust to you!!! :dust::dust:

Nan welcome :hugs: I really hope you get some answers this month hun :hugs:

Hanna thanks for the introduction, men are a nightmare sometimes, have an extra big :hug: from us all here as we completely understand why you burst into tears and would have probably done the same thing ourselves!

Wannabe that sounds awesome, well obviously not the obnoxious teens but everything else! I am so jealous, we have nothing really like that in the UK and I love Halloween!

Have already started planning for Christmas :haha:

@NanethEstel and MrsHannah, Welcome to the group girls... Good luck and baby dust to you both!!!! I hope you girls can both get your BFP's soon!! :dust::dust::dust::dust:

https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh126/izzybee22/SmallPinkRoses.gif

Wannabe I see your new ticker & I must know... is your BFP darker finally? Did your DH POAS as a test subject? Did he get a BFP?

My update is I called for my appointment and am going for my CD3 bloodwork tomorrow.

Ugh, I am still waiting for my provera to kick it. I took my last pill six days ago. If I do not get AF this week sometime, I am going to call my doctor. I just want this cycle to be done with.

Welcome to the new ladies!:flower:

Yellowbell, I have my fingers crossed for you, keep us updated!

Well we're not renovating a whole bathroom (we did that a couple of months ago!), but we're painting the kitchen and putting on new flooring. With 3 dogs, let me tell you that it's no easy task! My DH is a contractor, so I'm getting used to having something going on in every room of the house! But to be fair, I bought this house by myself while on minimum wage right after finishing university, so it's far from being perfect but it's all I could afford!

Good luck Urchin, I feel for you :haha:

@Wannabe that looks like good news for you then!?!

Thanks for asking about me girls... I just did an update on page 14 of my HPT thread if you want to find out the latest... :winkwink:

https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnan...ine-test-results-pg-14-a-14.html#post13152043

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->