Anyone LTTTC Number One?

Hi everyone i hope ur all well. I haven't been on here for like nearly two weeks and it has just taken me two hours to catch up lol, i am on my phone so it can take a while. I have had a good laugh reading through. Welcome to all the newbies xx

Tasha we take this thread very seriously and I'm glad you've caught up on your homework :happydance: That's what you get for slacking.:haha:

Things are fine around here, I've had some EWCM show up yesterday for the first time this cycle so I'm back in the game for the month. I used one of my softcups for the first time last night... seemed to work okay :shrug: we'll see. That's all I'm changing this month for us.

I'm using OPKs for the first time this month as well (So I guess that's a change too --) I started with my internet cheapies a few days ago and there's just been a steady faint line so far... I broke down and bought a digital one as well I'm hoping I get a peak before the weekend because I'm to go back to the clinic for bloodwork and an US on the day it peaks to verify my hormones and whatnot but I'm working 7a-7p both Saturday and Sunday so if my peak doesn't happen before then I'll have to wait til next month :nope:

Oh Fisher I hope you get that peak hun :hugs:

Tasha welcome back hun, it is difficult and as you said some months will definitely be worse then others :hugs:

Urchin I love Citroen C1's :dance: a friend of ours calls them washing machines :haha: Hope it drives like a dream! :cloud9:

Well I supposed to be taking 20 days off of work (accept from a few hours a week working from home) but as usual I have just had a Nurse quit suddenly and as I can't risk losing clients I will probably have to cover the dates myself :cry: The annoying this is that DH is off for 2 weeks from Friday and I was hoping we could use this time to re-connect especially as it isn't in my fertile time so there will be no pressure :wacko:

Ok so admittedly it may be the shock that has caused my reaction but I have just logged onto BnB and seriously thought I was on the wrong site!

The home-page was absolutely covered in adverts for baby related paraphernalia and there was loads of 'helpful' articles on pregnancy, babies and families?!?! The reason I like BnB so much is that it felt like a little safe haven where most of the site was fairly neutral and the baby or pregnancy adverts were easily ignored, now it seems like it is being shoved in my face!

Add to the fact that there is a new word above each page momtastics, I know it is the main sponsor, but I am not lucky enough to be a Mom (or Mum or mutti or whatever) and there is certainly nothing fantastic about it as far as I can see!

I understand why the changes have been made, there are 1000's of us on here and the server costs alone must be huge so yes they need a sponsor but I now feel really alienated.

Am I being completely ridiculous?

It's a little "in ya face" that's for sure.
I understand the need for sponsors on a site that gets a much traffic as this, I really do but, I think a little more work should have been done on a "test bed site" before going live on here.
I'm getting a lot of errors while trying to view posts this evening and overall the site is running very slow for me (not my internet connection - we've got a 50Mb fibre connection and our speedtest is running at just over 50Mb).
Hopefully admin/tech bods will get the quirks ironed out over the next few days and everything will be running smoothly again.

The speed isn't bothering me, I understand there will be issues until it is all fully uploaded, just not keen on the new look.

I don't know if it is perhaps 2ww related hormones but this has really upset me. LTTC is all about having other lucky ladies pass you by and having to constantly get used to changing faces, the one constant was the 'feel' of the site. It doesn't feel comforting any-more, just more like I have been pushed into a corner with the site being aimed more at pregnancy and beyond :cry:

I understand what you mean Feisty!

The changes to me aren't THAT bad, but I get where you are coming from with the main word being 'mom' in momtastic and here we are STRUGGLING to accomplish that goal.

Right now, my biggest pet peeve is not feeling accepted simply because I live in the US. There has been a whole debate going on about it in the new site thread. I actually feel like I am being ousted because I'm not in the UK and we say 'mom' instead of 'mum'. I understand that this site may have been based in the UK, but now it is worldwide and even has mods in all over the world.

I found this site after my miscarriage and it was the only one that looked friendly and had an area specifically for miscarriage support.

Please, if you feel that its not right for a US girl to be on this site, simply "Thank" this reply and I will leave you all alone. Yes... it would hurt me, but honestly I have felt this way since I came to this site and it would only confirm my suspicions.

Dazed! :hugs: For me personally it does not matter where any of you fab lovelies come from, I expressly put this in my original post;

Add to the fact that there is a new word above each page momtastics, I know it is the main sponsor, but I am not lucky enough to be a Mom (or Mum or mutti or whatever)

Because it isn't the word Mom that upsets me just what it stands for, something we can't seem to achieve.

Sorry for the mini rant lovelies, coming up to our loss anniversary and feeling a bit touchy at the moment. :flower:

Please, if you feel that its not right for a US girl to be on this site, simply "Thank" this reply and I will leave you all alone. Yes... it would hurt me, but honestly I have felt this way since I came to this site and it would only confirm my suspicions.

Ridiculous in my opinion! The more the merrier! We're in it together...

Oh, and meant to say, I also dislike the new layout and had to come out and go in again to check I was in the right place!

Thank you Feisty and Sizzles. I agree that mom, mum, mam and whatever else short for mother shouldn't matter. I thank you from the bottom of my heart for the acceptance.

I am not a big fan of the new site layout either....:nope:

You girls can voice your concerns and issues with the new site on this thread, the admins were asking for feedback on the new layout...

https://www.babyandbump.com/announcements-newsletters/765201-babyandbumps-new-look.html

I live in the US too

THATs why I think weeing in a bucket is hysterical :haha:

I too wasn't sure I was at the right spot. But I think because I'm logged in on my iPhone (like most of the time) the mobile version doesn't seem too different plus my bookmark takes me right to my control panel rather than a home page.

<3 all my LTTTC girls you help me get through all of this <3

I am in the states as well. From what I can tell on the feedback thread the majority of the girls are not fans of the new site layout. I also can see how it is depressing when you are on the "home" page they show the featured articles at the top about pregnancy related stuff, and you can like scroll through the different articles...

Hey everyone!

Tasha, welcome back!

Pinkfee, I'm glad you're starting to feel better.:thumbup:

I wasn't sure what you were talking about as my computer takes me directly to this thread when I come on B&B... but now that I've checked out the home page, I'm definitely not a fan either.

US ladies, as far as I know, I'm one of the rare Canadian women on this site, maybe I'm used to being the minority, but I've never felt like an outsider. I'm learning new vocabulary which is nice and quite funny sometimes! BTW Citroëns don't exist here, that's too bad!! Dazed, I hope that you can feel safe on this thread :hugs:

Well I should be ovulating soon, I'm using softcups for the second cycle and I love them. No OPKs though, I never seem to get good results with the cheapies I've bought so far. We DTD last nigh but it was painful (I've always been extra sensitive down there), I'm hoping that I won't be sore anymore tomorrow and that we can :sex: every other day. Because DH will refuse to have sex if it hurts me and I know for SURE that he won't give a donation in a softcup :haha:

Take care ladies!!

Dazed, I hope that you can feel safe on this thread :hugs:

You girls have made me feel better!

I'm surprised you haven't run into more Canadians. I see Canadians on here all the time. Its not that I feel like a minority, its more that I feel/felt like I had intruded.

Ay up my lovelies! A lot to catch up on in a day but I've done my homework like Tasha and now know where we're up to (Good Echinoid!)

Pinkfee - good to see you duck ... *waves enthusiastically* I'll quite happily paint your bathroom if you tile mine! I grouted the floor yesterday and it's starting to look good.
I just need to seal the quarry tiles, but it's 12 hours then before you can walk on it, so I'll wait until Mr Urch's mum has gone home to do it.

Dazed - of course you are welcome here! What does it matter
what country you're in? That's the beauty of the Internet; it connects people in far flung places. We are all women in the same situation; our reasons may be different, but we are are all struggling to become mothers. If I only wanted local support I'd walk up and down my street knocking on doors to find others
of the ltttc variety!
Incidentally, I live in Birmingham, where they all say mom (although as a Leicestershire girl I say mum, and Mr Urch says ma, and his brother says moi - but they're from Belfast.

Fisher - I'm curious ... Why is seeing in a bucket particularly funny to Americans? Does weeing or bucket mean something different over there? :lol:

Nope, doesn't matter what you call the female parent (or male for that matter LOL).
I was raised by my dad's mother, who so desperately wanted a daughter (she had 3 sons) and seized her opportunity. She bought me up to call her "mummy". By the time I was old enough to realise, there was no changing things without putting her into a serious sulk and so I came to copy my dad and his brothers in calling her "Ma" - close enough to "Mum" for her to be happy but close enough to "Grandma" for me to be comfortable.
Then I've never called my mother "mum". I told her one day that I didn't do it because it felt odd as she's more like a big sister (only 16 years age gap), so I call her "Vina" (a shortened version of her first name).

I hope you can feel at home Dazed, it's not what you want to be called that matters, it's the journey that we're on that brings all women, from all walks of life together in one united mission :hugs:

WEEING in a bucket Autocorrect Imps, weeing, weeing, weeing!

I'll try again: fisher, why is weeing in a bucket especially funny to Americans?

Hi Ladies,
I've been reading this thread for a couple of days now, and I'm finally posting! It is so nice to see so many wonderful women here who are so supportive of each other.
I'm not sure if I'm justified in saying this... but it's been a longgg journey for me. It's been 2 years, but it feels long. I'm sure you know what I mean...Every month feels like a year. Or should I say those four or five days every month feel like an eternity.
Oops! I'm just rambling on and I haven't properly introduced myself.
I'm 27 and my DH is 30. We've known each other almost 10 years, married 2 of those. I've been for all the tests, bloods, HSG and DH has gone for SA and other blood work. They found nothing wrong with us-- Which is good right? Then where's my BFP.
Sometimes all of it is just too hard to take. The questions, the thoughts, the stares, the pressure. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Thank you loadsss for listening to my rant.... I'm so so glad to be here, finally found a place where people understand each other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->