Anyone NOT so nervous about labour?

PinkP

Pregnant with my 1st baby
Reaction score
Maybe I'm just being naive as its my first . .

Maybe in a couple of weeks time I'll be on here crying saying I dont wanna do it . .:haha:

But I am not so nervous about labour . . which is kind of odd as I am a wimp . . actually no i'll rephrase that I am THE BIGGEST wimp ever :haha:

Kind of feeling relaxed about it (so far) . .

Am I alone?

How are you girls feeling about it?

Must admit I'm feeling relaxed about it (haha let's see if I'm the same when I'm in labour)....the way I see it - millions of people have done it before me & millions will do it after me & not soo long ago people gave birth at home with no pain relief :) x

I'm kind of the same. I keep trying to mentally prepare myself for it, especially because I want to have a completely unmedicated, unassisted birth. But I'm not really feeling nervous or scared. It's hard for me to try and imagine what it's going to be like, especially because I have nothing to compare it to pain-wise. :shrug: I'm more just excited that I'm so close to having my baby girl in my arms. :flower:

This is my second pregnancy so I know what to expect. I know it's gonna be VERY PAINFUL but I'm already anticipating it. :wacko: I just wanna give birth already! :haha:

i'm not terribly anxious about the labour itself; just when it'll happen. my first was at 37 weeks exactly, so I'm a little worried that this one might be earlier, or come at the same time. at the same time i'm worried that if this one carries out to my due date it'll be huge; it's measuring correctly for my dates, and Adrian was measuring a week or so behind.

But as far as the actual labour goes... Not so worried. As OH put it, if my family history shows anything, it's that we're born for breeding, :rofl: (my mom had 10 kids, and so did my grandmother).

nope, i'm not scared at all really! i'm quite excited about it and cant wait to get the ball rolling sts!

I am not really bothered either, I've no doubt my opinion will change when I'm in labour but I just can't bring myself to be scared. I know it's coming, and it's going to hurt, so I don't see the point in being afraid, it's going to happen whether I like it or not :lol:

Nope I'm looking forward to it, did it 3 times already and it didn't kill me so I'm sure I'll get through it this time aswell drug free, although when the head is nearly out ud tale any drug going hahaha

I wasn't with my first.....and I labored without an epidural though not by choice. I was completely unprepared for the pain.

With #2 I had the epidural and what a difference- I actually enjoyed the labor process.

Now I am much more nervous because I have been through it- but I am also probably better preapred and think if I am unable to get the epi I am much better prepared mentally for what I am in for.

I'm really looking forward to it! I'm curious as to what its going to be like/what contractions feel like, and generally excited about the experience. People keep saying i'll change my mind when it happens to which i think.. well yeh, maybe, but why not just let me go on thinking positive thoughts and like u say... change my mind if and when it does happen. jeeeees

I wouldn't say I'm anticipating it, but I'm not dreading it either.

It helps that I was able to manage without drugs with my older LO, all I had was gas and air and I plan on doing the same this time.

It is very painful, and believe me, you lose every shred of dignity you ever had. I didn't care who looked at all :rofl:

Just try not to panic, keep your breathing even, and have a positive attitude :flower:

I wasn't nervous until a few days ago when I hit the 37 week mark.. Now I keep having nightmares about the pain! And I have no idea what it feels like as this is my first

Gosh I need to hang around you ladies more often...I'm terrified! :) lol

I am really nervous, I guess its just the whole you never REALLY know what to expect no matter how much i read about labor i am still nervous.
I can take pain but i am worried that it will be worse then i can imagine

I agree. I'm not stressed at all. I think it makes the process worse by losing your mind over it. If it was so horrible, why do people keep having babies?!?! I also think pain is a mind thing. If you tell yourself it hurts, it will hurt. Labor means WORK, so having my lo will take work. :winkwink:

I was more nervous a month ago. I feel like I've done everything that is in my control and now it's up to mother nature and modern medicine to get me through it. I also feel like I've imagined every scenario I could while fully expecting that my actual labor will be something I could never imagine. I said goodbye to my perineum but also fully accepted that my uterine surgery scar that resembles the Cesarean scar may get re-cut. I am OK with getting either there late and doing it with no pain control or getting induced while laying on my back with epidural dripping into my spine. I've also accepted giving birth in the ditch by a country road, having my water break on my MIL's kitchen floor and having the entire community watch my poon open as I give birth.

F it all ladies, we will be mothers soon!

Me neither! I am actually excited, just to get there and to get to meet my precious baby girl. I know it will painful, etc., like everyone says, but I just don't care. I refused to take the 5-week long birthing class and am just going to watch a couple dvd's on breathing and labor instead. I just wanna meet my little girl!!!

I've not been terribly anxious about it either. I figure I will deal with it when it gets here. And I am a worry-wart! I'm more worried about after labor (bleeding, soreness, etc.) than the actual labor. And, wondering if I will have to have a c-section due to a low lying placenta (it's almost where it needs to be), and the fact that my baby still doesn't feel like she has moved into position!

I don't wanna say I'm scared because labor is coming if I like it or not I just want to be prepared I guess mentally for all that is about to happen. So I'm trying to be neutral I guess lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->