Anyone NOT so nervous about labour?

I am actually REALLY looking forward to labor and having my baby. I can't recall being scared about birth at any point in my pregnancy. It's my first, so I am sure I have NO idea how painful it is, but I keep telling myself that if I psyche myself up enough, I can look back and say "That wasn't that bad" - kinda like with a movie, where all your friends have seen it and they say how great it was so you amp yourself up and when you finally watch it it's not what you thought it was going to be and you're left feeling blah about it. Kinda like that. I am sure I am going to feel like I'm dying of pain, but I also tell myself that so many women have done it and I should be no different. My mom keeps assuring me that if she did it 3 times completely unmedicated, (and my grandmother 10 times unmedicated at home) I can too. We as women are built for this :)

I'm so ready for this baby to be outta me lol!! :haha:

I'm actually looking forward to labour. It's unlike me as I like to have things super planned and know exactly when things are going to happen, but the labour is something i'm not stressed about. I just feel like, baby will comes when she's ready and millions of people have given birth, many multiple times. I feel confident to just let my body do what it needs to.

This is my second baby and i'm really looking forward to it, with my first baby i really enjoyed labour and giving birth, i did have the epidural which made it pain free totally, so i will be opting for that again!

im not bothered about it at all. I cant wait actually x

I am quite looking forward to it! being pregnant, giving birth and having a child is like this big secret club and for ages I've wanted to know what it was like to belong, lol. I am pretty good with pain, and I figure if I don't die it's not THAT bad, and I get a baby at the end!

I'm looking forward to it too. Mostly because it means my little girl will be arriving. I figure that I've prepared for it as best I can (my first, so its hard to know exactly what you're preparing for!). I'm focusing on being relaxed and positive about the birth. And, like others have said, women have been birthing babies forever. I know that it will start, but then it will finish & my baby will be here :)

im not scared as other posters said millions and millions of women have done it before,what will happen in labour is obviously gonna be painful hats why they call it labour but i am in the hospital at the time so they know what they are doing i have full faith in my hospital

I'm also looking forward to the experience of birth, thought I was the only one. Especially when people say "Aren't you worried" and I say no not at all and people look at me strange! I know its going to hurt like nothing else ever has but billions of people have survived and so will I! Glad I saw this thread!

Yep im exactly the same... i have a shocking pain threshold!!! But im not nervous at all, but then again when the contractions start i will propb start crying lol xxx

I'm not worried about the actually labour, despite having a rough first labour with my son. What I am nervous about however is getting the timing right as this is my second I expect it to be quicker. We live 20 miles from hosp and don't have any form of transport.
I was going to get a taxi but really worried it will be too soon/too late lol because It would cost a bomb to be sent home in a taxi then try and return again, I don';t really want a taxi driver having to deliver my baby in the back of his car eithr then sending me a cleaning fine :haha:

I dont feel too worried about it...the way I look at it is, millions of women do this all the time, choose to do it more than once etc etc...so if they can, so can I!! Im sure once Im in labour I'll be screaming blue murder, telling my hubby never to touch me again and vowing that this will be the 1st and last baby...but once I get ot hold my boy....even if it is after a 72 hr labout as per my dreams, Im sure it'll all be forgotten x

Im half and half really, im sort of relaxed but nervous...i know that most people mention you wont remember the pain after LO is put into your arms that all pain goes out the window :flower:

I'm not worried about the pain, really. I am slightly nervous that something will go wrong (particularly that I'll haemorrage, I bled very heavily to the point that they took me into hospital after my miscarriage ERPC last year, and it's scary bleeding that much), but mostly excited. My Mom keeps saying what an amazing experience birth is.

I'm not nervous at all. Done it twice already and sure it was painful but it was worth it in the end.

I'm really looking forward to it. I enjoyed my first labour, I wasn't nervous then either.

I think it helps to be in that frame of mind, makes it easier if you are positive about it.

I was so excited to actually give birth and have the whole experience up until like a week ago... now Im SH*TTING myself!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->