Anyone on Clomid?

Just back from my follicular scan. Three of the six follicles have grown, the largest is 17mm and the smallest is 15mm. I have to go back again in two days time to have another scan and possibly the injection to make me ov. And my endometrium has doubled in thickness, it's now 6mm. Hopefully by Wednesday it'll be the optimum 9mm.

I don't know why, but think it might be all the lovely happy success stories on this thread. For the first time in many months I feel really positive about this cycle. Think we might just do it!

Tigerlilies - CONGRATS!!!!! I'm so happy for you.. How many rounds of clomid did you use?
Hopewho - Looks like we are very close to the same day... Do you have any symptoms? I am 6dpo today and feel nothing not a spiked temp or a sore breast :( I will have HCG and Progesterone level done on tuesday which is 8dpo I hope it turns out ok but only time will tell I sure don't feel pregnant... I will keep you in my prayers this week :) Good luck to everyone still trying!
Thank you Shannalynn, but I MC today. :sad1: This is my third one, we're going to go to a fertility clinic now.

I tested friday afternoon and saturday morning, both :bfp:
Yay for Clomid I say!

Hope the rest of you get your positives soon!!!

Congratulations! Happy and Healthy 9 months!

Hope there are more BFP to follow!

Tigerlilies - CONGRATS!!!!! I'm so happy for you.. How many rounds of clomid did you use?
Hopewho - Looks like we are very close to the same day... Do you have any symptoms? I am 6dpo today and feel nothing not a spiked temp or a sore breast :( I will have HCG and Progesterone level done on tuesday which is 8dpo I hope it turns out ok but only time will tell I sure don't feel pregnant... I will keep you in my prayers this week :) Good luck to everyone still trying!
Thank you Shannalynn, but I MC today. :sad1: This is my third one, we're going to go to a fertility clinic now.

Tigerlilies, I'm so very sorry to hear that. I hope that you are ok.:hugs:

Tigerlillies I am very sorry to hear about what happened. I hope you are doing ok.

Question: I do not get why my doc is not checking to see how many have grown. I am only getting a blood test done day 21 to see if I ovulated. I am confused as to why he is not checking anything else like you girls?

oh gosh Tigerlillies... I am sooo sorry... gosh big hugs to you girl

way to go ellie... looks like they are rippening!!!!

and addie.. I as well am not getting scanned, only CD21 Blood tests. not sure if you are in the same boat as me but my script came from my OB/GYN so he is not a Fertility Specialst at all, I believe the max he can do is write the scripts for Clomid, any other testing/procedures/scanns generally come from a FS I believe, whom have the most knowledge/insight on what to look at in regards to fertility issues, as an OB/GYN is not exactly "specialized" in that area. I did talk to my doc about the scanns, and he said, he would "not be doing that" and if the Clomid does not work in 3 months, then he would refer me to a FS, which I took to mean, that the FS are the ones who would go that route (ask for scanns to be done for them to evauluate)

HI. Thanks for the response. My doctor is not a FS he also said after 3 months he would send me to a fs. I also want to get my husband tested to make sure he is ok. Does FS do that or can your regular OBGYN do that?

Tigerlilies - I am so so sorry for your loss. :hugs:

So sorry to hear Tigerlilies :hugs:

And Addie, it was 100mg. only one cycle. All my symptoms were the same as what you would get before :witch:

Tigerlilies - I'm so sorry to hear that, I will keep you in my prayers. Has you doc done a progesterone level at the time of MC? Maybe your levels are not getting high enough. I'm not telling you what to do and I'm not sure what state you live in and what the treatment options are but here my doc does IUI in his office it only costs 350.00 and more than triples you chance of a sucessful pregnancy. Good luck in whatever you chose to do I will keep you in my thoughts :(

I was already on progesterone after I O. I don't think this office offers the IUI. I definitely need to go to a fertility clinic.

addie... my OBGYN wrote the script for my husband to go get his SA. All I said to him is my husband has never gotten a SA done, so I dont know if everything is ok with him, and he wrote him a script, didnt have to see him or anything.

Tigerlilies - I'm so sorry to hear that, I will keep you in my prayers. Has you doc done a progesterone level at the time of MC? Maybe your levels are not getting high enough. I'm not telling you what to do and I'm not sure what state you live in and what the treatment options are but here my doc does IUI in his office it only costs 350.00 and more than triples you chance of a sucessful pregnancy. Good luck in whatever you chose to do I will keep you in my thoughts :(

350.00 shannalynn???? OM gosh - here in Texas IUI is 1600.00 at least it is with my doctor. What state do you live in, I may need to take a vacation :winkwink:

here in canada, IUI $350 + $75 for one cycle of Clomid + $50 for OPK (7tests).

here in canada, IUI $350 + $75 for one cycle of Clomid + $50 for OPK (7tests).

I need to get to Canada... My first round of Clomid that I just completed was 275.00 for the "treatment" <--- basically that was just a rule out cycts scan plus $30.00 for the Clomid at the pharmacy. The HSG scan that I did first was $363.63. If I need to do an IUI that "treatment" is $1,600.00 plus the Clomid and if I have to go as far as in vitro that starts at $18,000.00.

I am still in the tww from the first treatment of Clomid so hopefully I wont need to get more fertility treatments. But if I do it will be another $305.00 (the treatment + clomid) for round two.

Congratulations on you BFP, you must be very excited.

gosh Hopewho that is really expensive..

my OB/GYN put me on Clomid, but is not scanning me or anything ? may not be the smartest thing but he just isnt, said just to have sex, I am however going for blood work on CD3, CD10 and CD21 to see what my levels are and if I am Oing. but definately no scanning.

although this is my first month on Clomid I did just make an appointment with a FS, and am getting in to see him next Monday, my push is of course my age (I am 40) and I just got back a bad FSH level on me and my hubbys SA is sub-par, so I deceided we need to spend our saving money and go see a FS straight away. I had always assumed I had ZERO insurance coverage, but was shocked when I just called my insurance company, and I DO HAVE COVERAGE, they cover the intial consult, the office visits,all lab work, xrays, imaging etc... naturally they do not cover IUI or IVF or the expensive drugs that go along with those, but gosh I though I would have to pay ALL out of pocket for anything fertility related... and I was SOOOO wrong. I just had to make sure the RE Dr I am going to is "in my network"

gosh Hopewho that is really expensive..

my OB/GYN put me on Clomid, but is not scanning me or anything ? may not be the smartest thing but he just isnt, said just to have sex, I am however going for blood work on CD3, CD10 and CD21 to see what my levels are and if I am Oing. but definately no scanning.

although this is my first month on Clomid I did just make an appointment with a FS, and am getting in to see him next Monday, my push is of course my age (I am 40) and I just got back a bad FSH level on me and my hubbys SA is sub-par, so I deceided we need to spend our saving money and go see a FS straight away. I had always assumed I had ZERO insurance coverage, but was shocked when I just called my insurance company, and I DO HAVE COVERAGE, they cover the intial consult, the office visits,all lab work, xrays, imaging etc... naturally they do not cover IUI or IVF or the expensive drugs that go along with those, but gosh I though I would have to pay ALL out of pocket for anything fertility related... and I was SOOOO wrong. I just had to make sure the RE Dr I am going to is "in my network"

That's really great about your insurance. Well good luck, I hope you get your BFP soon. 5 more days of waiting for me. :wacko:

Fingers crossed, Hopewho.

I've just been for my third follicular scan. I have one 20mm follicle on my left ovary and one 18mm on the right so the gynaecologist gave me a shot of HCG to provoke ovulation. It'll happen sometime within the next 30 hours and if the smaller follicle grows to 20mm before then then both will ovulate. Doubles our chances. I really, really, really hope that this is our month. I have a good feeling about it. :flower:

ellie mary... that sounds like great news!!! I know what you'll be doing for those 30 hours haha!!

and hope who... hang tight girl... the TWW is the WORSE!! isnt it!!

I can say... this is my very first month on Clomid took it from CD 3-7 and I had pretty much zero side effects...beside one 5 min episode of seeing spots...other than that nothing really... and I havent gotten any O cramping...wish I would, as I have never had it before : ( and have heard that I should really feel it if I am taking Clomid. I should be Oing any day now... my last cycle was kinda late like CD16 but I usually O any where starting on CD 13...shouldnt I be feeling somehthing by now ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->