Anyone on Clomid?

thanks ellie!! if your gynie mentioned the saline test... I would take them up on it for sure.

and addie... I am certainly no doctor, but if you only Ovulated 4-5 days ago, then your progestrone may not be as high as they would like to see ?? thats just my guess...Normally the like to measure your progestrone 7 days after you ovulate , and if they go by the "normal" cycle of 28 days.. that is why they call this the 21 day cycle... but not so for those that ovulate earlier or later... if I were you, Id just make sure you let your dr know...that you only ovulated 4 days ago, so if it is a little on the low side you wont be alarmed... my FS just told me he likes to do the Progestrone text on day 24... which means it is definately late enough to allow the progestrone to raise. just my 2 cents.

Giftmum - good luck on your HSG tomorrow and the 21 day blood test

quinny - I'm really sorry to hear you had so much trouble with clomid. You screwed around with hormones because (like the rest of us) it is worth it to you. I hope your ultra sound has good results. Perhaps there is an alternative to Clomid they could give you that will work better for you. Good luck!!!

ttc1st - Good luck with the postcoital test and the HSG. I'm very happy that the Dr is not too concerned about the SA results AND no urologist... that is wonderful news!!! Let me know how things go on the Clomid, looks like our cycles are pretty close together, though my cycle is VERY ireggular so I do not know how long my cycle will be until I get peak on the CBFM. (First half is very irregular, from O to AF is always 14 days) I will start my second round of Clomid tomorrow. Even though I have done it once and it wasn't that bad I am a little nervous. Even though it wasn't bad it still wasn't pleasant. Well have safe travels and we will catch up with you when you return.

addie - how was your test?

Just came back from my ultrasound and guess what?!! NO CYSTS!! No swollen anything! In fact, she said everything looks "perfect"! WOO-HOO!!! No skipping a cycle after all!! I must have pulled something in yoga?? I still don't know what the pain is but heck - if my ovaries look ok, it is all I care about!! Thanks for all your kind words, and yes, you are right Hope, it is worth it. it is just scary when something seems to have gone wrong. I hope all of you get your BFP's this month!! And hopefully I will be right behind!

ttc1st: Thanks for the reply. My doc is sending me Sat for blood test it will be day 24 he is also calling for a blood pregnancy test. That will only be 8 or 9 dpo do you think that is 2 early to test. Sometimes the egg doesn't implant till day 10 and I dont want to be upset hearing a negative if its false. With that said I don't think this is our month, I do not feel pregnant at all and I kno it is only 4dpo or maybe I have seen so many NEG tests I am getting used to it :wacko:

Quinny: I am so happy everything went well. I got checked today and he said I looked fine that nothing went wrong so I was so excited and I was thinking of you hoping things turned out well and I am sooo glad they did!

ttc1st: Thanks for the reply. My doc is sending me Sat for blood test it will be day 24 he is also calling for a blood pregnancy test. That will only be 8 or 9 dpo do you think that is 2 early to test. Sometimes the egg doesn't implant till day 10 and I dont want to be upset hearing a negative if its false. With that said I don't think this is our month, I do not feel pregnant at all and I kno it is only 4dpo or maybe I have seen so many NEG tests I am getting used to it :wacko:

I think it is too early. My doctor just gave me a blood test on 12 dpo and even though she said it was negative, I came home and googled 'negative HCG but still BFP'... and was all hopeful but not really.. it wasn't a good feeling. Apparently there are 2 different HCG tests a (forgive me if I get the names wrong, I just learned this in my frantic googling) qualitative and quantitative. One says 'yes or no' the other tells a % in your blood. Make sure you ask which they are doing. (I didn't) If they do it and it comes out negative, ask what they are basing their negative on (also..I didn't). If it is that there is NO HCG or just not a certain percentage (some doctors will tell you you are not pregnant if you have like 2% but still... that early, you could totally be pregnant with 2%). I didn't ask. anything. I didn't know to ask. I heard "your pregnancy test came back negative" and I said 'thank you' and hung up. Now I am kicking myself. If they do it, and it comes out negative (and there is a good chance it will, that early) don't loose all hope. Even my doctor told me there is a chance, at 12 dpo. not a good chance :) but still... AF is due in the morning, I am flying high on my ultrasound results and am, stupidly/kinda/sorta hopeful. I hope everything works out for you this month!

Just came back from my ultrasound and guess what?!! NO CYSTS!! No swollen anything! In fact, she said everything looks "perfect"! WOO-HOO!!! No skipping a cycle after all!! I must have pulled something in yoga?? I still don't know what the pain is but heck - if my ovaries look ok, it is all I care about!! Thanks for all your kind words, and yes, you are right Hope, it is worth it. it is just scary when something seems to have gone wrong. I hope all of you get your BFP's this month!! And hopefully I will be right behind!

quinny - :happydance: I am sooooo happy for you that your results were good. It is very scary, I'm scared to take my pill tomorrow and my first round wasn't even that bad. Good luck!!! I hope you get your BFP very soon.

Quinny: GOOD LUCKKKK LET ME KNOW WHAT HAPPENS! Also I ask a million questions lol I think thats y my doc put me only clomid after only 4 months ttc bc he wants me pregnant already so I shut up lol! He is doing both blood tests so it will say yes no and the percentage and I will ask for a number :thumbup: I am just soo nervous. Don't be afraid to ask questions I write them down and show up with a list when I go to my doctors :happydance:

HopeWho good luck with your next round of clomid I think this will be your cycle!!! :thumbup:

quinny, i'm happy it worked out for you.

ttc1st, thanks for asking after me. i am doing well. i am still trying to figure out if my twinges, which started way too early to be significant, really is significant. some days i tell myself it is gas, i need to poo, side effects of clomid ... anything to keep from obsessing. well i failed at not obsessing :dohh:

i POAS just to get it out of my system :haha:. i knew it was too early since i am about 4 or 5dpo. of course any result i get whether negative or positive is up for interpretation since the trigger shot may still be in my system 6 days later.

maybe now that that's done i'll regain some sanity and wait until late next week.

Quinny, that's such great news that everything's ok. I'm so happy for you. It must be a huge relief.
Cranberry, I think I'm probably 7 dpo today, I had the trigger shot 7 days ago. I've used two pregnancy tests to check that the HCG is out of my system. Yesterday's was negative, the day before's was positive.
I'm off for my progesterone blood test in a few hours. Should have the results by the end of the day as they're very quick. Am keeping my fingers crossed for a higher result than the results I had for the last three cycles before starting the Clomid.

Does anyone know the normal temp of someone pregnant in a 2 week wait. I am 5 dpo now and obsessed with my temps but they wont go beyond the 97's. It went up a little little bit today but nothing more than 97.60

Wooohoooo! :happydance: I had my progesterone blood test today (cd22) and it was 82.4 nmol! I'm so happy. The maximum you can get is 90 nmol so I'm really pleased. Maybe I ovd two follicles, fingers crossed as that would double our chances. I have to wait a week now to go back for the HCG blood test, but I have my hopes high. I just hope that this is our month.

Addie, I'm really sorry, but I know nothing about temping as I've never done it. Hope someone else can help you out, though.

Wooohoooo! :happydance: I had my progesterone blood test today (cd22) and it was 82.4 nmol! I'm so happy. The maximum you can get is 90 nmol so I'm really pleased. Maybe I ovd two follicles, fingers crossed as that would double our chances. I have to wait a week now to go back for the HCG blood test, but I have my hopes high. I just hope that this is our month.

Addie, I'm really sorry, but I know nothing about temping as I've never done it. Hope someone else can help you out, though.

YEA!!!!! Congratulations!! My fingers are crossed for you! I hope, hope this is your month!! AF came today, right on time, so I am onto IUI cycle #5 BUT my doctor called and said confirmed the good ultrasound results so it looks like clomid, round 2!

Elli: Ur results sound great!!!! At what dpo is he having you take a blood pregnancy test. My doc is having me do the ovulation test and preg test this sat at 8dpo is that 2 early for the blood preg test?

YEA!!!!! Congratulations!! My fingers are crossed for you! I hope, hope this is your month!! AF came today, right on time, so I am onto IUI cycle #5 BUT my doctor called and said confirmed the good ultrasound results so it looks like clomid, round 2!

Thanks so much. I'm really, really hoping that we'll have done it this month.
Good news on your ultrasound results. It is comforting having them, isn't it? It just confirms that the Clomid is working. Fingers crossed for your second round of Clomid.

Elli: Ur results sound great!!!! At what dpo is he having you take a blood pregnancy test. My doc is having me do the ovulation test and preg test this sat at 8dpo is that 2 early for the blood preg test?

Hey Addie. I had my progesterone blood test done on cd22, which was probably 7 dpo. I'm not having my pregnancy blood test until next week, which will be cd29 of what is normally a 31 day cycle. I'm not sure if 8dpo is too early, different doctors have different ideas on the subject. How long does it take for implantation to occur? If it's a week then 8dpo doesn't give it much time for your HCG levels to rise. Good luck with your tests. How many mature follicles did you have prior to ov?

Elli: I did not check to see how many I had be4 O... I am getting the blood test sat to make sure I O'd and so he said he wud also check for pregnancy. I am just upset bc its so early and I will get a call saying no and then be so upset even tho I may be pregnant.

My temp went up today. Check out my chart what do you think?:flower:

Hi Addie, I'm no good on temps, but it sounds promising! Fingers crossed. When's your BFP due?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->