Anyone over 45 TTc ?buddies needed <3

Thank you ladies soooo much for the information and support. You are awesome!!!!
Lady A I REALLY think that if you saw a line then it's a line because I seriously was thinking just like you last night and especially this a.m.
I took a FRER(two actually :blush:) The one with FMU was negative I decided to use the second one anyway when I was more awake cuz my vision is not good when I am half asleep and this is what I got :wacko: frerfaint9dpo.jpg
I don't know how many dpo I am or even how this happened but I do know that even though it's very light, I definitely trust this over the blue one. I'm cautiously excited and scared. Go to my primary tomorrow morning.

Yay! A line is a line. I hope all goes well tomorrow. Good luck! How exciting!

Yaaaa angelwishes12!! A line is definitely what I see! Oh can't wait to hear what your primary says!! Thank you for making me feel so welcomed and so glad to have such wonderful new friends to chat to!! You all are great to talk to! As soon as I take another test, you'll all know... ok maybe I'll tell hubby first, but you guys second, for sure!! ;) I'll be back in a few, just heading to Walmart for some things, Hugs friends, hope you're all having a great day! LadyA

I just don't get it....I started cramping and gushing early this morning. This was not a planned thing really, but I was happy, he was happy and now, well I'm just sad. Was told to go to ER if the bleeding doesn't slow down. Felt like a mc I had at 8 weeks. I'm sorry I'm whining. We had started thinking of names already(Macie Rain for a girl & William Joseph for a boy. My 7 year old didn't know about it, but he really wants a sibling close to his age. SMH :nope: I hope and pray someone gets a BFP so I can hang on to some hope that it's not over forever. Thanks again ladies.

Oh angel, in so sorry, we all know all too well what's like to be so happy and excited and have it all turn so quickly :hugs: you are not alone...

But take this experience as a sign that this could still happen, an egg did fertilize and implant, every step needs to be looked at as small victories until we can get to the end and have our dream come true. Hang in there :(

Thank you BBliss...I'm still sad, but we are actually going to work on it this cycle. Or maybe we shouldn't....he even said we could try IVF if we had to...but I guess maybe just maybe there could be a way to do this naturally. Thinking progesterone cream after ovulation? Idk gonna stay away for a few days till I get back to not being sad. God I'm such a whiny brat.:cry:

Sorry to hear that, angel wishes : (

I hope you're ok :hugs: BBbliss is right. Take comfort in the fact that your body is still working. All it needs to do is catch that golden egg. There may not be as many when you're older compared to when you're 20, but they're still there.

Angelwish, so sorry to hear that. But do listen to the other ladies, it is a positive sign. Do not let this beat you down.

Have any of you ladies ever heard of anyone trying Lydia Pinkhams herbal tonic for fertility?

Hi! Just wanted to check in on how you ladies are doing :flower: I am praying for you all. God bless!

Saintly, I've never heard of it but I'm going to look it up.

My friend just finished her third ivf and yesterday she heard her first heart beat, she was told by her TCM/acu dr to drink bone broth everyday and never drink cold drinks. I'm going to try the bone broth, one cup a day.

I was also told by my acu not to eat anything cold and if I did that it had to be followed by something hot. To this day I do not eat a cold salad but wait until it is room temperature. If I have a drink it can be cold but no ice.

So sorry to hear about this Angel. Im two weeks post my mc so I can appreciate the hurt and disappointment you are feeling :hug: As the others are saying, the fact that it happened is something to hold on to as its the most important thing!

Im gonna keep trying as I figure it only takes on good egg. Im doing what I can to up the chances of a good egg but otherwise Im just plodding on and keep trying, keep trying!!

All the best honey, take good care and big :hugs: xx

Good morning, ladies. I am sorry to read about the recent losses. You are all in my thoughts often. I know I don't post very much, but I can't express the support I feel just by reading your posts. You guys give me so much hope.

I'm really excited right now. I've decided to go the donor egg route and have my first appointment at RBA on Monday, 9/8. I attended many seminars at clinics around the Atlanta area and after meeting Dr. Toledo, knew he was the one that could help me most. I'm using the egg bank affiliated with RBA, so hopefully that saves on cost and time.

Can anyone give me a run down on how a first appointment goes and then how fast the process usually happens from first appointment to being pregnant?

BabyGriffin, You know I love RBA. I have heard their egg donor program is the best in the US. They actually put you in the rotation very quickly. If you do not have a current hsg they will probably want to do one, also labs. For me they did our IVF/ICSI that ended in a chemical and then we waited a year and went for a visit and were put down for labs with AF start then we were suppose to go right into another IVF but we were pg natural. We stayed with them to do the monitoring since our OB would not see us until 8wks. We stayed with RBA until then. They have the most advanced equipment in Atlanta for fertility/fetal monitoring. With there donor program you do not have to worry about a retrieval that part is done. I would write down a complete gyn history. Any symptoms you notice you have on a regular basis,etc. Also, to help pump up your uterus have you ever tried wheat grass juice. You can buy it in the frozen food section at Whole Foods. It comes in a little ice tray once you defrost one or two you have to drink it immediately when it becomes liquid. I hope this helps.

BabyGriffin, You know I love RBA. I have heard their egg donor program is the best in the US. They actually put you in the rotation very quickly. If you do not have a current hsg they will probably want to do one, also labs. For me they did our IVF/ICSI that ended in a chemical and then we waited a year and went for a visit and were put down for labs with AF start then we were suppose to go right into another IVF but we were pg natural. We stayed with them to do the monitoring since our OB would not see us until 8wks. We stayed with RBA until then. They have the most advanced equipment in Atlanta for fertility/fetal monitoring. With there donor program you do not have to worry about a retrieval that part is done. I would write down a complete gyn history. Any symptoms you notice you have on a regular basis,etc. Also, to help pump up your uterus have you ever tried wheat grass juice. You can buy it in the frozen food section at Whole Foods. It comes in a little ice tray once you defrost one or two you have to drink it immediately when it becomes liquid. I hope this helps.

I'm really excited and can't wait until the first appointment. I loved Dr. Toledo.
I just had an HSG done in May that showed my tubes were blocked again, so I hope it is current enough. The results from that were the reasons I decided to stop wasting time and go straight for IVF. I had all of my ob/gyn records from the last 20 years sent to RBA a couple of weeks ago, plus, I just had some tests done at the dermatologist because of a rash on my arms and those showed that something was up with my thyroid and iron. I'm still taking prednisone for the rash and I had no idea it would have me bouncing off the walls like it has.

Should I have the dermatologist also send those test records to RBA?
How does the wheatgrass taste and is it thick or thin? I have a lap band, so sometimes thicker drinks are more difficult to get down.

BabyG I'm excited for you! I hope it all happens fast and we can fallow your pregnancy ;)

I just got back from vacation and need to make my RE appointment. I have only one good tube (I think) and we've had sperm issues and we don't have time to sort all that out so are going strait (after 3cycles) to another IVF. Lets hope this one is easier :)

BabyGriffin, you might want to try the castor oil packs. I have heard of women doing castor oil packs for blocked tubes. If the blocked tubes are caused by fluid filled cyst they may want to take care of that.

One more thing FertileThoughts forum use to have an RBA site on the donor board. You may find out a lot of information there.

I have also decided to go with the frozen donor egg route with RBA!!! My consult is this coming week and I am terribly excited. I will do my monitoring locally though and travel to Atlanta for the transfer. Hoping things work out well....I know I have to upgrade some tests like mammogram etc and have those things planned. But am excited to get things going with a better chance that my old eggs can give me. We will see.

I am wishing us all lots of luck whichever way we are doing this. BBliss - so glad to see you back in for another go at IVF - praying for success sister! Hugs all ladies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->