Anyone over 45 TTc ?buddies needed <3

Your stats are amazing! I am one of the one percenters too and my FSH was in normal range, but higher than your when I got pregnant. You can certainly do this again!!!

I just got my tests back. They are amazing but I'm still shocked at how my AMH is half of what it was a year ago.

I know I'm 45 in four wks and statistically I have a one percent chance now, well girls I AM that one%!!!! I really need to believe that now...

Us scale

FSH 5.9
AMH 2.5
TSH 1.45
E2 39

Any news? How's everyone doing?

Dmama, thank you for believing :) I sometimes wonder how many people think I'm delusional, even here on Bnb, NOT this thread! This is where I'm with woman like me, the one percent :)

Yesterday my DF spent ten minutes on the phone with the embryologist and he said the fact that we had eight fertilized eggs, two five day blasts and a chemical is, and he said " I don't want to say miracle but its almost a miracle" well I was happy to hear that as I saw it as I have better chances but my DF wasn't so happy about it, to him it means our chances are not good, but he's not an optimist, he says he's a realist. I think that's why they agreed to do a second ivf and I hope we ARE going to so it this time.

How's you DE process going? At what point are you? How do you pick a donor? My sister was going to be my donor but now she's thinking of having another baby so there goes my chance for that and that's why this is going to be our last try

BBbliss, my DH had the SCSA DNA fragmentation done. My AMH was 2.6 the year before I conceived my son. My FSH was 6.8. Some docs do not go by AMH they are more concerned with your FSH.

Sue, thank you!!! Great numbers! That's why you are still fertile :) the fact you are still getting pregnant is another proof it can be done :) and it will

Dmama, thank you for believing :) I sometimes wonder how many people think I'm delusional, even here on Bnb, NOT this thread! This is where I'm with woman like me, the one percent :)

Yesterday my DF spent ten minutes on the phone with the embryologist and he said the fact that we had eight fertilized eggs, two five day blasts and a chemical is, and he said " I don't want to say miracle but its almost a miracle" well I was happy to hear that as I saw it as I have better chances but my DF wasn't so happy about it, to him it means our chances are not good, but he's not an optimist, he says he's a realist. I think that's why they agreed to do a second ivf and I hope we ARE going to so it this time.

How's you DE process going? At what point are you? How do you pick a donor? My sister was going to be my donor but now she's thinking of having another baby so there goes my chance for that and that's why this is going to be our last try

Hi BBliss....sorry your sis is now thinking of another baby, what is her timeline? This is a crazy idea, but she can do the donor cycle for you and your DF can fertilize some of the eggs and her DH can fertilize some of the eggs and she can just have her own Egg Transfer along with you! LOL! I am sure it is a bit more complex than that sounds...lots of things to be considered there...anyway, hope this next cycle works for you!

This will be my last chance too. I am in the process of selecting the donor eggs. Not as much of a selection as I was hoping for, but they add every day apparently, so I have to see, however, my goal is good medical history and so I think I can make a choice, but right now, I wish I had more to choose from. At the end of the day you never know anything about what you will get even with OE, so all of this is emotional and psychological torture. I hope to have picked the donor and made my final payment by the end of next week. I should be able to start as soon as that is done!

Dmama, that's a genius idea! That could be done if we can afford another go times two, but I guess that's with any DE round.

Btw how much do get to know about a donor? Do you get a picture? iQ? It must be so hard to decide. Is your husband helping you decide? How about you babyG?

How are you doing girls? Marathongirl, saintlysue, Delphine?

Ha ha - it is like a donor cycle, but you have no agency fee for finding a donor, probably no donor fee and only the additional FET fee for you. Probably lots of legal stuff though....anyway, let's hope your second cycle will work and you won't have to worry

I think eggbanks are different...here they have to give you access to all the profiles after you pay part of the fee...you see only child pix but some agencies may give you adult pix. I don't mind not knowing what she looks like as an adult. The medical and genetic information is there too. I actually found a donor that I like now. I have to hold onto hope that this works. No more money after this and I do want a sibling for DD. But I don't want to be much older and I don't want the age differences between the kids to be too great, so this is the last shot. Good luck to you, my friend.

Baby G - how are you doing?

Thank you for asking.

Things are a little rough right now. DH is having doubts about doing any kind of IVF and it's putting a lot of stress on our marriage all the way around. He is concerned about the costs and my health. I know I had a rough spot a few weeks ago, but I really think that was related to an allergy or my lap band because I've had extensive blood work twice since then and it's all come back great.
We ended up in a huge argument a couple of weeks ago and DH left me to go to his mothers for the weekend so we could both cool off and gather our thoughts. When he came back, he said he didn't want to do it at all now. I didn't argue and just said, "okay". He went on to blame the doubts on my health and I called BS and said his decision was made and I wasn't going to push the point if we weren't both 100% on doing it. I dropped the subject. Just before bed, he came and said he'd like to wait until my appointment with the high risk ob/gyn to be sure he doesn't want to do it IVF or DE IVF.
Well, I had my appointment yesterday. She said I was in great health and she didn't have any worries. Now I'm waiting to see what DH has to say. I've told him if I don't do it before the end of the year, I'm just not going to do it at all.
I never dreamed it would be this difficult.

Dmama, it's an interesting process isn't it? I like the picture idea, I'd like my child to look like my family for sure, that's why my sister was my first choice. I hope you get closer to a decision and can get moving soon :) I'm excited for you.

Babyg, I'm with you, I never thought I'd be this difficult and that's one of the reasons we decided this is probably our last try. It's too stressful and we have had arguments too... I'm just ready for our next stage, whatever that is

I start injections next week and I was able to get 25%discount on meds with firststeps the only problem is I have to switch to follistim instead of gonal F so I hope I still get a good result from it.

Dmama, it's an interesting process isn't it? I like the picture idea, I'd like my child to look like my family for sure, that's why my sister was my first choice. I hope you get closer to a decision and can get moving soon :) I'm excited for you.

Babyg, I'm with you, I never thought I'd be this difficult and that's one of the reasons we decided this is probably our last try. It's too stressful and we have had arguments too... I'm just ready for our next stage, whatever that is

I start injections next week and I was able to get 25%discount on meds with firststeps the only problem is I have to switch to follistim instead of gonal F so I hope I still get a good result from it.

BBliss...there is a comparable program to the firststeps for the people who make gonal F. I cant think of the name now -- maybe compassionate care? If you got a discount with the firststeps you should get one with compassionate care...look it up if you really would like to keep with gonal F. Good luck with this cycle!

Baby G - how are you doing?

Thank you for asking.

Things are a little rough right now. DH is having doubts about doing any kind of IVF and it's putting a lot of stress on our marriage all the way around. He is concerned about the costs and my health. I know I had a rough spot a few weeks ago, but I really think that was related to an allergy or my lap band because I've had extensive blood work twice since then and it's all come back great.
We ended up in a huge argument a couple of weeks ago and DH left me to go to his mothers for the weekend so we could both cool off and gather our thoughts. When he came back, he said he didn't want to do it at all now. I didn't argue and just said, "okay". He went on to blame the doubts on my health and I called BS and said his decision was made and I wasn't going to push the point if we weren't both 100% on doing it. I dropped the subject. Just before bed, he came and said he'd like to wait until my appointment with the high risk ob/gyn to be sure he doesn't want to do it IVF or DE IVF.
Well, I had my appointment yesterday. She said I was in great health and she didn't have any worries. Now I'm waiting to see what DH has to say. I've told him if I don't do it before the end of the year, I'm just not going to do it at all.
I never dreamed it would be this difficult.

Awww Baby G...so sorry you are going through this. I hope DH is really coming from a place of concern and love and not just stubbornness. I think the men do show their emotions differently and it can be hard for them to show how scared they are that we are going through this stuff...he is worried and it is coming out as anger or something else. I think he may feel better after hearing what the doctors think. Please take care and keep us posted. Glad to see you are feeling good with a clean bill of health!!!!

Hi ladies...my tentative transfer is mid November...still have to get all of this paid for, so bill is due in a few days...FREAK OUT time when it comes to handing over all that money - not one lick of insurance...except the birth control pills have been free!!! ironic

This is the last try as well...I gave it till the end of the year and then that is it for ttc. Adoption of a 1-2 year old may be in the cards if this doesn't work, but no more treatments.

Prayers going around ladies that we all can achieve the families that we desire....hugs and baby dust!!!!

Dmama, what happened was I have an old friend who's a drug rep and works with follistim so in order to maybe get some free samples I'd have to switch so now it's just too late because I messed up my BCP and now have af so I start stim on Monday! Ultra sound blood and stims! I'm freaking out now that I messed up and that I really hope I won't hurt the cycle

BBbliss, I'm sure you haven't messed up :hugs: They can adjust for any mis-timing surely? There must be people who 'mess up' too or whose bodies don't do exactly what they should when they should. It sounds like you'll be taking quite a few drugs, so to 'mess up' is completely understandable. Hopefully, they'll just be able to make some adjustments if necessary :hugs:

BabyG - sorry you're having problems with your DH. I'd second the comment that men deal with emotions differently than us. So often, they keep things in and don't say what they're feeling because they don't want to seem 'weak'. Sometimes they'll say things but what they're saying isn't the actual real problem that's worrying them. In the past, I've had to push gently over a few days to get info out of my partner because he won't admit he's worried or upset, and will go off at an angle about something else and not say what's really bothering him. I hope your DH is reassured by your clean bill of health though, and that things are better with him. Maybe choose the right time to gently try to find out what his concerns are?

Dmama - exciting about your donor eggs! Mid-November isn't very far away now! :flower:

To all of you and to anyone else trying - the very best of luck. XXX

I've been horribly busy at work and have mainly been trying to get through each day and stay relaxed.

:hugs: to each and every one of you.

I'm upset I "think I messed up" but they said its all ok. I guess people take BCP from two to four weeks so I'm still ok. Just really nervous today thinking everything moved so quickly.

Prayers prayers and more prayers for all of us here. I 'll let you guys know what happens with u/s I hope I have enough follicles this month :)

Easy to say, but keep calm, BBbliss :hugs: Try to zone out and take one day at a time and not think ahead and worry too much. I truly believe keeping calm can help your body relax and work at its best.

Wishing you lots of wonderful follicles XXX

BBliss - how are things going????

Baby G- any news?

Delphine - how are you doing sweety?

AFM - I don't have a date, but the transfer will be in a few weeks! I am starting my protocol now! Wish me luck ladies. I am going to be traveling, so a bit busy because then Holidays are coming up here...but let's pray for the best.

Loads of Baby dust to all of us!!!!!!!

Dmama I'm so excited for you! :)

I'm doing fine, I just walked in from my scan and to be honest I'm not as excited as I was going in this morning, I had an AFC of 15 on my first U/s and today he only measured 7 follicles and I felt it was a little rushed. I could see there were more smaller follicle he didn't measure. I just hope they catch up :(

BBliss-Don't worry. I thought my follies were disappearing too, but they just don't count them all because it's not really close to time. If the nurse calls you in the afternoon with your directions to increase/decrease meds, ask her, and she'll say that you had so many <10mm (or whatever). You'll have a better report in a few days, trust me. :)

Terri, thank you for coming to visit :hugs: you are right, but it's just that I'm not responding as well this time, last time I had the same 13 from start to finish. I know every time is different, I saw he didn't count them all, I also know my RE is not big on numbers and always tell me not to worry about "how many" so I think he just did a quick "let's see what's going on" U/S

I have to be patient now and wait for the next one

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->