Anyone over 45 TTc ?buddies needed <3

Delphi. Thank you :)

I'm ready to transfer tomorrow, lining is good and I'm getting my progesterone shots so in a way I prefere to just get it going now. The torture was too long before :)

I hope the transfer went well today, BBbliss.

Sending you best wishes and keeping everything crossed for you :hugs:

Just got back :)

Two beautiful embryos :)

Thank you all for your kind words and thoughts

Great to hear this and 2 embryos out of 8 really is a great number at this age! You did fantastic! Fingers and toes are crossed!

Hi ladies, I posted here ages ago (you're still on my subscribed threads so I can stalk! :haha:) but haven't had much to write about, you know how it is :blush: Please may I re-join you though?

I was 45 last week and, after 6 years TTC, finally galvanised my procrastinating backside into action; DH and I paid a visit to an IVF clinic. I've started the tests; ovaries, eggs, womb, tubes, the whole shebang. I really liked them. They didn't bang on about my age, will try and use my eggs, depending on quality, until 47 and the upper age limit for DE is 55 - not that I'm really intending to leave it til then :dohh:. Anyway, all tests on both of us should be complete by the end of the month so we have another consultation to get the results and 'hatch' our plan. I can't believe I'm doing this, but so happy that finally I am! :thumbup:

BBbliss - PUPO! :cloud9: We're the same age, have you managed this with your own little egg?

Delphine, dmama, maxxiandniko :flower:

Looking forward to getting to know you all if you I may?

Jax
x

Jax, welcome back! And happy birthday! We are exactly the same age :)

Good luck with all the tests, I hope you have plenty of eggs to try :) I'm so glad you found a good Dr who didn't make a big deal about age, that's so important for our confidence. I have lots of eggs, but my dr. That's why he still lets me use my own eggs but he also keeps reminding me it's not quantity but quality we're dealing with. You really can't test quality, only quantity so as far as quality goes our eggs really are past their prime unfortunately. But I'm still here insisting heheh

Good luck to you! Let us know when you get those tests back :)

Welcome, Jax :flower:

I hope your test results come back with good figures. Nice that your Dr didn't go on about your age. Seriously, you'd think we were 85 the way they often make out we're totally over the hill.

BBliss were they able to freeze any embryos?

Mama, no I only have what's in me now. I'm bloated beyond belief still and it's 8dp ER and cramps too. It's now 5dp3dt and I'm feeling a pinch on my right side, I hope it's all a good sign :)

How are you?

Anyone do Lupron and if so how long did it delay your period? I assumed that because I ovulated I'd get my period 14 days later which would have been this past weekend but nope, nothing. Tomorrow will be a week that I've been on Lupron. Anyone else with really bad labs and a successful ivf? I'm feeling very down about this cycle. It will be my last and I know that I needed to go through it but it's not going anywhere near how my last cycle went and honestly I feel pathetic for even trying. It seems like my body is trying to shut down and I'm not letting it.

Mama, no I only have what's in me now. I'm bloated beyond belief still and it's 8dp ER and cramps too. It's now 5dp3dt and I'm feeling a pinch on my right side, I hope it's all a good sign :)

How are you?

Good luck lovely lady!!! I hope that pinch means that junior or juniorette is snuggling deep....
I am fine....am going in for lining check next week and then if all is set, hope to join you in being PUPO by the end of the month!

Anyone do Lupron and if so how long did it delay your period? I assumed that because I ovulated I'd get my period 14 days later which would have been this past weekend but nope, nothing. Tomorrow will be a week that I've been on Lupron. Anyone else with really bad labs and a successful ivf? I'm feeling very down about this cycle. It will be my last and I know that I needed to go through it but it's not going anywhere near how my last cycle went and honestly I feel pathetic for even trying. It seems like my body is trying to shut down and I'm not letting it.

Hi Maxxiandniko - hang in there....give your office a call if you have questions...I took Lupron, but it was a while ago...I think somewhere soon you should bleed, but I have heard women say it delayed their AF. If you honestly don't feel like this cycle is going well, think it over and speak to your partner and the doctor...you might do well to postpone for a cycle rather than go through a cycle you are not comfortable with and have regrets on the other side....You are not pathetic for trying! This journey is really tough...you are amazing and doing what you need to do to make your family...stay positive, but advocate for yourself. If you are not happy, let the doctor know. Hugs!

Maxx, give yourself credit for even trying, if you are pathetic then we all are. WE ARE NOT! We are passionate women with dreams and hopes. Don't worry about the labs, if your dr. Decided to treat you is for a reason, this is all so random, I have great labs but no success yet, someone else with a barely there OR gets pregnant naturally. I took lupron on my first cycly but don't remember how it was, this time there was no lupron. Good luck. Let us know of your progress.

Dmama, it's all going to go by so fast now, enjoy your last days of not being pregnant ;)

BBliss - just checking in on you doll...

Hi everyone! I have been off doing my cycle and trying to stay off the internet to keep my nerves calm. I transferred a 5day embryo that was at blastocyst stage. I never had a blast before. Well I am 7dp5dt and I got a bfp on my hpt. Beta not for another couple of days because the clinic is closed for Thanksgiving. I am going to stay a bit cautious here because I know that this is the beginning and anything can happen. I am praying for a healthy baby.

Baby dust to us all ladies!
Happy Thanksgiving for those celebrating!

Great news, dmama! :hugs:

I completely understand why you're staying cautious. Good luck for your beta :hugs: You're in my thoughts. Keep calm, rest, eat well - and enjoy Thanksgiving.

:hugs:

Dmama - congrats! It'll work for sure. And for you too BB.

I've been off too. My update is I went to the dr and had a 5 cm cyst. So I stopped Lupron, got my period a few days later and still had a 3.4 cm cyst. They decided to rest me for the cycle. I have to call in with Day 1 of my period next month.

Dmama!!! I've been thinking about you, I had a feeling you were post transfer. So good to see you are over those first days and got a bfp! I'm so excited for this! So hopeful for you too, can't wait to see bump pictures ;)

Del, how've you been? Any thing different for you?

Maxx, it's better to skip a bad cycle, we invest so much on an assisted cycle that if something went wrong down the road you'd always be thinking what if. Good thing is the holidays are here and we can get busy preparing for it and having something else to think about.

Afm, I really don't know what's next, for now nothing, but my MIL has said they'll pay for another IVF and they'll talk to DF when they come visit in a couple of weeks, so lets just see what he wants to do.

Good afternoon, ladies!

And congratulations dmama! I am really happy for you!

I am back again. I'm not sure for how long because things are still not settled with us. As of my last post, I had completed everything I was to do and I am set, ready to go. DH was having the issues and has been uncertain about proceeding.
I won't lie. It's been rough and pretty tense.
We went to RBA last Wednesday(11/26) and he did his semen analysis. I can't tell you how much different it was for him to do it at RBA as opposed to the tiny bathroom at Labcore. The first time it took him forever, this time, he popped one out in less than 15 minutes. He said he almost felt seduced!

So now we are awaiting those results. I'm not worried. He's only 32 and his last semen analysis was awesome.
My worry is if he will follow through and let us go for it. I believe I had him convinced to do the $18,000 package and I was good with that. Then I started overthinking things and really felt like I needed to do the $28,000 guaranteed to take a baby home or most of your money back package in case it didn't work out the first time. Pardon my language, but that is when shit hit the fan. In order to do that one, we'd have to ask his mother to loan us the additional $10,000 on top of the $2000 she is giving us as a gift. He didn't even want to entertain the thought of that and everything went downhill from there.
I'm not even going to mention it all for a while, at least until we get the SA results. Hopefully by then, we'll come to some kind of agreement.

Am I wrong for wanting to go for the more expensive package even though it's not really in our budget? Because the way I see it, trying a second time at full cost is not in the budget either.

Baby G
Good you are back and great that hubby did the SA. As far as the money back guarantee....I don't know which doc you saw, but I was told by an RBA doc that most people get pregnant within 2-3 cycles if not the first one, so that guarantee is not necessarily needed when working with them. Now if there are some issues that you are dealing with and you think that it may be rough, then you have to make that decision. I don't think the majority of people get that plan. However, with that said. Not everyone gets lucky the first time either and not everyone ends up with frozen embryos, so the guarantee gives you some peace of mind. It is a tough decision, but for me, I didn't take that route. For one, I could not afford it even if it did sound good to me, so there was no way to entertain that idea because it simply was not happening. On the other hand, there was also no way that I could have done 5 cycles because you have to use up all the embryos created along the way before you move to the next cycle, so that isn't like 5 fresh cycles...it is however many cycles, plus FETs that you need along the way. No way. After all I have gone through, I would be done. So there was no point to go with that guarantee. But that is for me. You have to be clear about how long you are going to ttc with assisted means and whether taking that loan is really worth it. And whether you want your marriage intact at the end of the day. Speak to the doc about it and maybe even some of the nurses. They won't tell you what to do, but maybe they can give you some idea how many people really ended up needing all 5 of those cycles. You might do as well to just purchase a few additional eggs when you choose your lot of 6. Good luck with the decision making....

Good afternoon, ladies!

And congratulations dmama! I am really happy for you!

I am back again. I'm not sure for how long because things are still not settled with us. As of my last post, I had completed everything I was to do and I am set, ready to go. DH was having the issues and has been uncertain about proceeding.
I won't lie. It's been rough and pretty tense.
We went to RBA last Wednesday(11/26) and he did his semen analysis. I can't tell you how much different it was for him to do it at RBA as opposed to the tiny bathroom at Labcore. The first time it took him forever, this time, he popped one out in less than 15 minutes. He said he almost felt seduced!

So now we are awaiting those results. I'm not worried. He's only 32 and his last semen analysis was awesome.
My worry is if he will follow through and let us go for it. I believe I had him convinced to do the $18,000 package and I was good with that. Then I started overthinking things and really felt like I needed to do the $28,000 guaranteed to take a baby home or most of your money back package in case it didn't work out the first time. Pardon my language, but that is when shit hit the fan. In order to do that one, we'd have to ask his mother to loan us the additional $10,000 on top of the $2000 she is giving us as a gift. He didn't even want to entertain the thought of that and everything went downhill from there.
I'm not even going to mention it all for a while, at least until we get the SA results. Hopefully by then, we'll come to some kind of agreement.

Am I wrong for wanting to go for the more expensive package even though it's not really in our budget? Because the way I see it, trying a second time at full cost is not in the budget either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->