Anyone over 45 TTc ?buddies needed <3

Good luck, dmama and BBbliss! Keep us all updated - we're all rooting for you :hug:

Thank you Del,

My morning didn't start very well... My scan showed a dominant follicle and a group of smaller one that are developing very slowly. My big one is 18 and the others 8-11. My RE said we might have to cancel. I was just in shock... Then the nurse came in and we went over everything and she sad it would all depend on my hormone levels, well I finally got that call and I'm still OK! We are going to ignore that big one go for the others. I go back on weds and I'll be praying non stop till then.

Grow follies grow!

I hope everyone is doing well. I've been trying to stay off of my boards in recent weeks while I wait on DH to give me a time frame for his semen analysis and then decide if he wants to proceed or not. I am very supportive of everyone else, I just have felt the need to back away from even reading in case things don't go the way I'd like.
He says he has to wait until end of month to get his schedule for next month so he can do it on one of his slower days. Of course I call BS on that because I work in the next cubicle to his left. He does have super busy days, but that could happen at any time during month on any given day with stuff not on his schedule anyway. I get busy days too and I just deal with it. I'm going to give him his space, though, but whatever. You know what I mean?

I hope everyone is doing well. I've been trying to stay off of my boards in recent weeks while I wait on DH to give me a time frame for his semen analysis and then decide if he wants to proceed or not. I am very supportive of everyone else, I just have felt the need to back away from even reading in case things don't go the way I'd like.
He says he has to wait until end of month to get his schedule for next month so he can do it on one of his slower days. Of course I call BS on that because I work in the next cubicle to his left. He does have super busy days, but that could happen at any time during month on any given day with stuff not on his schedule anyway. I get busy days too and I just deal with it. I'm going to give him his space, though, but whatever. You know what I mean?

Oh BabyG...I do smell BS too...but it seems like you are stuck....men really get to me sometimes...he is probably afraid of learning that something could be wrong...my partner was like that...their ego is tied up in their spermies....:spermy: It seems you have to wait him out...since you work nearby, can you one day if things are slow, nudge him? Well, that would not work as you need to schedule in advance...jeesh....Well, give him a bit of space and then after a couple of days or so, maybe talk about the semen results as if they can or will show how GOOD his sperm are so that the doc can focus on you. That is what I tried to explain, was that I could not get insurance to pay for all of the tests they needed to do on me unless they saw the good results from a semen analysis and essentially that the doctors needed to know where to focus and that it is probably me, but they need to document the semen results....don't focus on any probability of them finding anything wrong with his boys....

Good luck - :hugs:

btw, I do understand the need to stay off the internet during these times....as I approach the start of the cycle, I begin to think too much and would like to be distracted...

I hope those follies are growing, BBbliss. Perhaps they're the slow but steady kind. Good news that you didn't have to cancel then at least.

Sending good vibes to your follicles :hugs:

Sorry to hear that, BabyG. It does sound like an excuse. Maybe he's scared of a bad result?

I've found that men can need very careful handling. They seem to have far more pride than most women. Also,they tend to hide their worries rather than open up, which makes it really frustrating. It's sometimes hard to understand what's going on in their heads.

I hope he gives you a time soon. :hugs:

Babygriffin, :hugs:

Just great advice from Dmama and Delphine, I don't blame you from giving it a break from the boards, I feel the same sometimes and I got away from some conversations... But I found there are some girls here I care about and I can't stay away for long ;)

Afm, I just got back and the other follies are still growing, not jumping up but there's a good development now I think I have about 12 but they are all over in sizes from 8-21( that big one) and it looks like I'll be on stims for another couple of days, EC for Sunday or Monday now. Fingers crossed

How are you Delphine?

Did you make your DE selection Dmama?

Babygriffin, :hugs:

Afm, I just got back and the other follies are still growing, not jumping up but there's a good development now I think I have about 12 but they are all over in sizes from 8-21( that big one) and it looks like I'll be on stims for another couple of days, EC for Sunday or Monday now. Fingers crossed

Did you make your DE selection Dmama?

Slow and steady wins the race...I hope you get a few good ones...it really only takes one, so it seems you have a few contenders!
Yes, I have already made my selection. Thanks for asking. I will be traveling for my transfer in a few weeks. I think by early December we should be all done...getting the last few details squared away. It is just an FET, so no stims and all that stuff...quite easy this time around, so it is weird since I am not poking myself for weeks at a time...LOL!!!! I am also trying to just take it slow as I know that things might not go as planned and I want to avoid getting hopes up too much. But I do hope this works....It is very stressful and I am trying not to be stressed as that is not good. It took a lot of emotional and physical work and not to mention financial work to get here. I don't know how I will feel if it doesn't work, so trying not to think about anything more than I have to really...self-preservation as things get closer I suppose....:headspin:

How are all of my gals?

Hi. I'm jumping on board if that's ok. I turned 43 this past week and am trying to do an ivf cycle. I say trying because I started it was getting 3 follicles that they liked (the rest were smaller) which then turned into 2 follicles and was turned to prepare for an IUI until I ended up joining the 1-1.5 of women who ovulate on Lupron. I was told to stop all meds this past Monday and will restart a different Lupron on Tuesday, wait till I bleed and then start stims right away. I did and ivf cycle 4 years ago and got twins from that.

Dmama, I few the same about this time, don't know how'll feel if it doesn't work... You don't have to poke yourself at all? LOL I start with PIO today, those are the worse... Congratulations on picking a donor! That's exciting! This is going to happen so fast you'll see, before you know you'll be pregnant :)

Maxx, I love twins :) good luck with your next cycle

I got 8 eggs retrieved today, not bad for an old lady ;)
Still praying for fertilization and healthy embryos

Eight!!!! Very good number...will you do a 5 day transfer! I think you did a fantastic job considering how you were feeling in the beginning with the lead follicle! I am sooooo hoping this works for you BBliss! Seems like you are off to a great start!!! Looking forward to updates!

Well, yes, I do have to poke myself, but not nearly as much as with the OE IVF!

Hi. I'm jumping on board if that's ok. I turned 43 this past week and am trying to do an ivf cycle. I say trying because I started it was getting 3 follicles that they liked (the rest were smaller) which then turned into 2 follicles and was turned to prepare for an IUI until I ended up joining the 1-1.5 of women who ovulate on Lupron. I was told to stop all meds this past Monday and will restart a different Lupron on Tuesday, wait till I bleed and then start stims right away. I did and ivf cycle 4 years ago and got twins from that.

Welcome...sorry about the ovulation on Lupron.....what will they do differently next time?

Welcome...sorry about the ovulation on Lupron.....what will they do differently next time?

They'll use the old school Lupron. I was using Microdose Lupron this time.

Dmama, I few the same about this time, don't know how'll feel if it doesn't work... You don't have to poke yourself at all? LOL I start with PIO today, those are the worse... Congratulations on picking a donor! That's exciting! This is going to happen so fast you'll see, before you know you'll be pregnant :)

8 is amazing!

8 eggs is fab, BBbliss! Well done :hugs: Keep us updated!

Welcome, maxxiandniko :flower:

Dmama, TTC is SO stressful. I really find stopping and breathing helps me when everything seems too overwhelming. I do a very simple exercise:

- Put my hands on my lower tummy, say or think "Breathing - I am breathing in", then breathe in slowly and feel my tummy expand ( you should always breathe into your tummy)

- Then hold my breath for a few seconds

- Then say or think "Breathing - I am breathing out" and breathe out slowly, feeling my tummy sink back in.

- Wait a few seconds and then repeat three or four times.

It sounds simple but it really does work. I feel calmer, more centred and more able to cope. It's saved me many a time when I've been on the verge of panic :thumbup:

Thank you so much girls... I was really happy too... Until I got a call that only one fertilized :( but today it looks like we have a late bloomer so if they are still alive tomorrow I'll be doing a 3dt of 2 embryos... Just praying now... But I feel tired of feeling optimist at this point... It's all in God's hands now. I've done my part

Two embryos is plenty, BBbliss :hugs: Better to have two good embryos than four not so good ones. Two embryos will give you a good chance :hugs:

Are you going to take a break before embryo transfer like you did last time, or are you going for transfer this same cycle?

Delphi. Thank you :)

I'm ready to transfer tomorrow, lining is good and I'm getting my progesterone shots so in a way I prefere to just get it going now. The torture was too long before :)

Delphi. Thank you :)

I'm ready to transfer tomorrow, lining is good and I'm getting my progesterone shots so in a way I prefere to just get it going now. The torture was too long before :)

Statistically speaking I think you've gotten the amount of embryos they expect. Unless your RE told you different. I'll look at my info but I think of the eggs you get 1/2 aren't usable (4 for you) and then half don't fertilize. So you're good. I bet those embryos are very healthy. I had 11 eggs and only got 3 embryos and 2 took (my first time).

Thank you maxx, I hope they are still there tomorrow, there's always a chance one is the golden egg...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->