Anyone over 45 TTc ?buddies needed <3

I'm 46 now and trying for my third. I conceived 2nd baby at 43 1/2 and delivered at 44. I'm not in as great shape as I was then though, now 30 lbs overweight due to Hashimoto's flare postpartem and not so much time/energy to exercise, I'm going to step up the exercise and try to lose a few LBS and hopefully be one of those miraculous late 40 pregnancy stories... My FSH has doubled since 2013, it's 10.6 now and estradiol a bit down, 25, but not horrible considering my age. See my original BFP post.

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/t...fp-dhea-coq10-vitex-black-cohosh-low-amh.html

Hi Notrustyyet - couldn't help but comment! I was TCC 3 years ago and found your original post - over 40 natural bfp etc (I was 38 then) and it was hugely inspiring. Whilst I didn't try everything you did I was, eventually, successful and had my daughter in May 14. I'm now 40 - soon to be 41 - and am back TCC no.2 even though I only thought I would want one!

I just wanted to say that if anyone can do it you can and I wish you every success :flower:

Hi Ladies..
Not sure if you all get on here anymore, but letting you know that my little girl has arrived! We are doing well. It has been a great journey. Hugs to everyone.

Dmama, I just wanted to say congratulations to you :) what a long journey... I'm so happy for you! I never come here anymore but I just wanted to pop in and see how things were going :)

Delphine! Congratulations to you as well I hope the new life is everything you dreamed of :)

Love you girls

Congratulations, dmama! :flower: Lovely news! I was wondering how you were, but had totally lost track of time. I hope you had an easy delivery and wish you and your baby girl all the best. XX

BBbliss, thank you :hugs: I hope everything is going well for you in your life. Take care. XX

Hi all, I'm new to this site and not sure how to follow this thread but have interest in it since I am 45 TTC.

I've just recently started seeing an RE again after taking another long break. Been suggested to use donor eggs at this point but I still can't help but long for trying IVF with my own egg. Since the costs would be out of pocket, it scares me and I wonder if it will just be a waste.

Has anyone around 43+ conceived with own egg and IVF? Any trying with DE and having issues?

I've been super down about life lately after going to the RE. It is so hard and I feel for everyone struggling with infertility.

I keep trying to have hope but I need to take action even if it leads to more heartbreak.

Hello Wishful,

There is a thread that would be perfect for you
https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/assisted-conception/2233749-inconceivable-beyond.html

Hi all, I'm new to this site and not sure how to follow this thread but have interest in it since I am 45 TTC.

I've just recently started seeing an RE again after taking another long break. Been suggested to use donor eggs at this point but I still can't help but long for trying IVF with my own egg. Since the costs would be out of pocket, it scares me and I wonder if it will just be a waste.

Has anyone around 43+ conceived with own egg and IVF? Any trying with DE and having issues?

I've been super down about life lately after going to the RE. It is so hard and I feel for everyone struggling with infertility.

I keep trying to have hope but I need to take action even if it leads to more heartbreak.

Only you can make that decision. I used donor eggs but that was because my partner had quite bad sperm issues too, so I felt that tipped the balance. Also, I was 46. Money was another issue.

If I'd been 44 or 45, and there were no sperm issues, I'd probably have had a go or two with my own eggs, if only to see how they reacted to the IVF.

Delphine! Dmama! :kiss: congratulations!!! Lovely to read your news, you fill me with hope still xxx

I did my OE IVF cycle in August and it didn't work (damn!), I'm glad I did it to satisfy my curiosity, it would have been so perfect if it had been successful, but.... So, I was disheartened, but not disappointed as I have my second chance in November and we are seriously considering the option that you both made, it seems to make perfect sense :cloud9:

Wishing you both and your babies much love,
Jax
xXx

Thanks girl! Everything is good. Very happy over here, but a bit sleep deprived...no complaints though. Hope your little man is doing well and allowing you a little bit of sleep now and again! Hugs!

wishful - I conceived with my OE at 44. I was lucky and I know it. Second time around I used DE and very happy. It was a struggle to make the decision, but now that baby is here, the only thing I think of is that I should have made the decision sooner. However, with that said, I don't think one can move on with that decision until they are ready and that point is going to be different for different people and will depend on so many different things. For me it was a matter of not being able to afford more attempts and also because I did not want the age difference between my children to be too far apart, which was the whole point of ttc a second. In the end we should do whatever we need to avoid feelings of regret later on. You will make the right decision for you.

Delphine! Dmama! :kiss: congratulations!!! Lovely to read your news, you fill me with hope still xxx

I did my OE IVF cycle in August and it didn't work (damn!), I'm glad I did it to satisfy my curiosity, it would have been so perfect if it had been successful, but.... So, I was disheartened, but not disappointed as I have my second chance in November and we are seriously considering the option that you both made, it seems to make perfect sense :cloud9:

Wishing you both and your babies much love,
Jax
xXx

keep us posted! much luck to you!

I had my first Ivf at 41 and my son at 42. I'm now trying the old fashioned way with clomid as I stopped ovulated after a loss last year. Delphine, where did you go for DE? And would you recommend? Am doing 5 more cycles clomid then on to DE.
Bb bliss that's a great fsh! It will happen
Congrats dmama

The London Women's Clinic where we conceived our boys (via IUI when I was 41) say they try with your own eggs till 45 and then with DE. I have no experience with DE obviously but our clinic was such a lovely place. I felt super well looked after by all of the staff there, from receptionist to nurse to doctors. Really friendly!
But actually, do any of you ladies know if this means your 45th birthday is the cut off or will they still help as long as you are 45?

Hi there. Nice to meet you all): can I join? I'm 44 today boo!
First round of chlomid after not ovulating or AF for over 2 years. On CD 23 and I'm feeling like AF is coming. I feel like I only have 5 more chances then it's over :(
I need to work on OH over DE. He isn't keen. Feel a bit obsessional and also concerned that I'm too old t to have a baby, but a teenager. I don't want my ds ( 3) to be an only tho.
Looking forward to hearing about all you bfps&#128591;

Hi ladies hope I can join you? I'm 44 in a few weeks with 9 losses since 2012, I also was v v lucky to have our youngest now 2 at 42 with no help, I've been to the hospital after I was referred following a 12 week loss in May and all they are really prepared to do is genetic testing as I found out at the app the baby I lost had Downs. My doctor isn't prepared to help and that's after changing from an unhelpful one! I'm really worried my time has passed, we'd dearly love just one more xxx

Hi lovely ladies,

Honeyblossom - I'm using The Bridge Centre at London Bridge which is linked to the London women's clinic. Did my own egg cycle there in August, which didn't work (damn!!), but they are great. I'd have absolutely no hesitation in recommending them...

Angel - well I'm 46 end of this month and still pushing out the eggs, but sadly of not a good quality. Our chap said that I could try an own egg cycle again, but chances are we would have the same result, abnormal eggs on testing bc they're just old. I think they look at each case differently, if your figures are high, then why not give it a go. Well that was my thought back in the summer...

Dmamma- can't stop thinking about your 'I wish I'd done this sooner' sentence....I'm doing a lot of soul searching over DE (will our baby look like me, will it feel like mine....and all that stuff), but have this overwhelming feeling that I'm going to end up thinking the same as you. My Mum bless her says, think of the bigger picture and stop getting hung up on the detail, and she's right!!! Guess I've just got to work with all through....

Oasis - big hugs to you for all your losses, keep going there's got to be another good egg in there for you

And I too, often think on my low days 'am I really too old for all of this?' Yeah, probably, but stuff it, I'm doing it anyway bc me, baby and my DH will make one happy little family :thumbup::flower:

Stay in touch, lots of luck and hugs xxxx

Hi angel, they used your own eggs? I thought there was no recorded cases over 43 and no clinic was willing? Did they give you any odds? Sorry to here it wasn't successful :( can I be really rude and ask how much the iui was and if you have male factor? ( we have dodgy sperm) was it stimmed
I used Ivf when I was 40-41 I found it a breeze side effects wise but this chlomid &#128299;&#128138;is killing me. I don't think I can do another 5 cycles of it. I feel psycho and I've been bed ridden with awful Pukey migrains. I've been so aggressive &#128545;dh refused to bd and did it in a soft cup instead. I feel totally full of rage and mental.
Jax I am soul searching about DE. I didn't bond with DS til he was 18 months as I had PPD, so it's not that I worry about. As a doctor myself I've found the Eastern European clinics a bit crap at dealing with medical stuff and I hate just getting to talk to a sales person. I've just been working on locating the schizophrenia genes and it really worries me that a killer disease like that, with such a strong genetic component is just looked into by quick questionnaire.
I may try other countries but I am very Slavic looking and DH is very blonde. I wouldn't mind a pretty brown eyes baby but OH doesn't
want people to think I've had an affair... I don't care if it had green skin&#128125;
Have any of you tried dhea? I did it for 3 months felt great ( apart from greasy skin) and I think it really helped get DS.
Would like to know how you are all doing&#127875;

Honeyblossom I was 41 when I had treatment and IUI and had my twin boys at 42.
But the clinic we went to, will try IVF with your own eggs till 45. Sorry if this was confusing. I was just thinking of having another baby now but I am 45 now and I think since donor eggs are way out of our price range, we are really done. I am not complaining! I have lovely lovely boys and I know I was so lucky! But well, I do still yearn for a third!
I am sorry clomid is so horrible for you! I have heard this from other ladies too! I was on gonal-f and ovitrex (sp?) for triggering. Our problem was solely my OH's antibody in sperm. I was ok apparently.

Angel - if you're thinking of using LWC/the bridge again then actually DE is cheaper than OE :dohh: yeah, I know!! It's all,down to the genetic testing after collection and before transfer. Costs a real whack of your budget, but so worth doing. All of my eggs that fertilised had abnormalities, and although I was disappointed not to get to put them back, if I had they would have miscarried. So for me, doing the testing saved a whole heap of heartache, bc if they'd gone back in that would have = baby to me.

Honey blossom - can you ask if donors or their families have a history of mental health issues. :shrug: I don't know if that's poss? I often think, what if it turns out to be a little sh1t, and then DH reminds me, that'll be down to us and how we raise it, not our donor :haha: But, I do understand that when it's half u half DH you kind of know what you're getting, know what I mean? God, :dohh: see this is why Mum says 'stop getting hung up in the detail'!!!!!! What mg clomid are you taking? Could you reduce it at all? Just a thought...

We're off for our 'implications' counselling on Monday, which we have to do if we choose donor. Will let you know how it goes....

Big hugs girls xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->