Anyone over 45 TTc ?buddies needed <3

I had my first Ivf at 41 and my son at 42. I'm now trying the old fashioned way with clomid as I stopped ovulated after a loss last year. Delphine, where did you go for DE? And would you recommend? Am doing 5 more cycles clomid then on to DE.
Bb bliss that's a great fsh! It will happen
Congrats dmama

I went abroad, Honeyblossom. I don't know if that's something you'd consider? I went to the Czech Republic. Yes, I'd recommend them very highly. They were fantastic!

Lovely to see new ladies here. Good luck to you all xxx

I did look at Reprofit though, and a number of other clinics. It's all a matter of chance, I guess, but I was impressed by my clinic and I was successful first time.

Are you working with Reprofit? It has a good reputation :thumbup:

no not doing donor eggs but seems just about everyone on another thread did

Yes, it's very popular. When I chose a different clinic, I was paranoid that I made a big mistake because everyone else was going to Reprofit! I spent ages choosing and lay awake at night agonising over it all. I'm sure you know the stress of TTC very well!

My clinic did own egg and donor egg IVF, if anyone reading is interested : )

that is very interesting Delphine. How old were you at the time? I don't think we will go for it but having the option still is taking away some of the pain of finality I find...

ETA also how many days did you have to spend there and did your OH have to be with you at all times or was his job quick and done (as it tends to be ;) ). I am just thinking of childcare IIIIIFFF we did consider it

that is very interesting Delphine. How old were you at the time? I don't think we will go for it but having the option still is taking away some of the pain of finality I find...

ETA also how many days did you have to spend there and did your OH have to be with you at all times or was his job quick and done (as it tends to be ;) ). I am just thinking of childcare IIIIIFFF we did consider it

I was 46. We had sperm issues too so even if I'd been 25 a natural conception would probably have been impossible.

My clinic offered two or three 'stay' options. We chose the long stay (approx 12 days) and made a holiday out of it. I fully believe that that relaxed atmosphere helped our success.

In theory, you could go alone for the transfer. Your OH could just nip over to make his contribution (sperm is usually frozen) and you could go over when needed. If you're prepared to book last minute flights, you yourself could wait for egg collection and only fly over when needed for transfer. So I guess you could make that visit just a few days. We took advantage of lining scans at the clinic and were happier being there early in the cycle because it felt more relaxing being near not at a distance. But that was just our personal view. Other people stayed shorter times.

I hope that helps :flower:

It really does! My OH said yesterday let's go for it but while I wish we could, we need to think about this more carefully. We are having work done on our flat in view to selling it and maybe if we find a nice house that is big enough and we have some money left over, we will think of it again. It really fills me with hope knowing that you were 46! Thank you so much for all your info :)

You're welcome : ) For donor eggs, age isn't so important.

Hi angel, they used your own eggs? I thought there was no recorded cases over 43 and no clinic was willing? Did they give you any odds? Sorry to here it wasn't successful :( can I be really rude and ask how much the iui was and if you have male factor? ( we have dodgy sperm) was it stimmed
I used Ivf when I was 40-41 I found it a breeze side effects wise but this chlomid &#128299;&#128138;is killing me. I don't think I can do another 5 cycles of it. I feel psycho and I've been bed ridden with awful Pukey migrains. I've been so aggressive &#128545;dh refused to bd and did it in a soft cup instead. I feel totally full of rage and mental.
Jax I am soul searching about DE. I didn't bond with DS til he was 18 months as I had PPD, so it's not that I worry about. As a doctor myself I've found the Eastern European clinics a bit crap at dealing with medical stuff and I hate just getting to talk to a sales person. I've just been working on locating the schizophrenia genes and it really worries me that a killer disease like that, with such a strong genetic component is just looked into by quick questionnaire.
I may try other countries but I am very Slavic looking and DH is very blonde. I wouldn't mind a pretty brown eyes baby but OH doesn't
want people to think I've had an affair... I don't care if it had green skin&#128125;
Have any of you tried dhea? I did it for 3 months felt great ( apart from greasy skin) and I think it really helped get DS.
Would like to know how you are all doing&#127875;

I had my first child at 44 with OE. I am aware many doctors won't even want to try, but some are and should let you try if you are willing. The odds are not great and I realize I am lucky, but it happened, and I am sure I am not the only one.

You're welcome : ) For donor eggs, age isn't so important.

Hey Delphine! How are you Mommy? Hope all is going well with you and your new little man! Everything is going well here. We are finally getting some type of routine down. Unfortunately, now I appear to have caught a cold. Argh. Dealing with that and a baby and a toddler. Well, it is all good in the end. Glad to see you on here. I don't get to the internet that often. I need to remember my password or reset it so I can get on with my phone.

Enjoy!

Nice to see new ladies on here....good luck to all!

Hi, dmama : )

Nice to see you : ) Glad all's well with you and your family, and I hope your cold goes soon :flower:

We have a pretty good bedtime routine, but not so much during the day. Naps are random! Loving every minute though <3

I check this thread when I can to see how the ladies here are getting on. It's nice to see new people here.

Fingers crossed for all those TTC here xx

Still thinking of you ladies and hoping all's going well for you :flower:

Any updates anyone?

Hugs to you all :hugs:

Still thinking of you ladies and hoping all's going well for you :flower:

Any updates anyone?

Hugs to you all :hugs:

Me Delphine! We did a DEIVF in March, and we'll be 12 weeks on Thursday!:thumbup: Hope all's good with you and your little boy :cloud9:

Congrats Jax :D FX all goes smoothly from here!

Congrats Jax :D FX all goes smoothly from here!

Thank you Angel, can't quite believe how lucky we have been - luv my bubba already! :happydance: Where are you at, at the moment? x

I think we won't go ahead. I am just too old and we really cannot afford another child. :(
How are things with you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->