Anyone over 45 TTc ?buddies needed <3

welcome LLBean - so are you still deciding about RBA or is it ttc the natural way for you?

Good luck, Jax :hugs: As long as you talk it through and think carefully, whatever decision you make will be the right one.

It was purely money that made me choose DE. My partner has sperm issues so I thought that would reduce our chances anyway, so by using younger eggs then mine, I kind of felt that balanced out the poor sperm. I was also impressed by the DE success rates. Also, I couldn't bear seeing my partner so despondent and losing hope every month. He didn't say much about it, but I know it was really getting to him.

Could you do one OE try and then go on to DE if that's unsuccessful?

Thank you Delphine for your post :hugs:

Well we had an appointment with the genetics lady regarding the PGD testing, that Gina D referred too, last Tuesday week and she definitely gave me a reality to check. That although levels are amazing for my age, it doesn't mean anything if they're no good when they're tested :nope: So yes you're right, we're doing lots of talking, lots of thinking it all through (and have the opportunity to talk to a fertility counselor at the clinic we're using) and gradually after the elation in Dec I'm leaning towards DE, also like you bc of the £s. Can I afford to spend all my money chasing a good egg from me from one cycle only at my age? I think perhaps not...and DH has low sperm count, not drastic but again like you this they have suggested ICSI (is that abbv right??). I think this maybe the reason why we've not managed it naturally - who knows more likely a combination of both of us! :shrug: Do you mind me asking you if this is your first baby?

Anyway, I'm kinda liking DE, I've read some truly amazing heartfelt stories online from donors and recipients, and afterall, it's like a bulb, dormant until we bring it to life!:flower:x

Ps. love seeing your ticker grow :winkwink:

Thank you :flower: This is my third baby. I have two grown up children from a previous relationship.

I think DE are even better than a bulb :thumbup: Before I knew much about them I assumed you got the egg and it was pretty much set what the baby would be like. That made me feel that I'd be having 'someone else's' baby.

HOWEVER, further reading taught me that although the DE has the genes, it is OUR body that chooses what genes to activate and how the baby will turn out. Animal studies have shown that if you make embryos from two white mice and put one of those embryos in a black mouse, you won't just get a white embryo - the mouse recipient will turn on the genes it chooses and the resulting mouse baby can be brown. The same embryos implanted in different mice will come out looking different.

Reading that really persuaded me. I think of my DE as like a supermarket - a big selection of genes, but my body, the 'shopper', has chosen which ones to use just as when I go to a supermarket, buy food and devise a wonderful meal, that meal is uniquely mine, not the supermarket's. Other 'shoppers' would make a different meal.

Not to mention the fact, that my heart and my breath and my body is nourishing this little baby every moment of the day and night <3

I'm very thankful for DE.

Good luck to all, and welcome LLBean.

Hello ladies,
I hope I can come and talk to you even though we are not actually ttc as such yet. We have twin boys who are almost 3 years old as you probably can see from my ticker. We conceived them over IUI, on our third and last try before moving on to IVF. I was 41 then (I am 45 now, and OH is 49). The problem then was not me but my OH who has antibodies in his sperm which were then washed prior to IUI. I did still have fertility treatment too though to enhance our chances, hence my lovely twin boys. I know how lucky we are and I should be satisfied but ohhhh I am soo broody for another! I am trying to decide whether we should really try for another or whether I should just stop wishing and be happy with what I have (and I am! SO happy! But...)
I was told that here in the UK they do not do genetic testing on IVF, unless there is a known genetic issue? So I suppose if we did try again we might as well go with IUI again? But my goodness TTC is so scary when you reach a certain age, isn't it? Trisomy 21 is by far the least scary scenario. I have a friend who recently lost a baby with trisomy 18. So heart breaking.
I like the idea of DE but frankly we could not afford this. A few IUIs with a natural cycle would be probably all we could afford (plus I don't think we afford bringing up another set of twins, with all the costs that would entail, bigger car, house etc)
Am I just crazy to even think about this?
I guess I am not really asking for advice but just wanted to get it off my chest and needed to find a group of ladies my age who do not think I am as old as the hills and their grandma and crazy for even day dreaming lol
I hope you are all well and my best wishes to you all xx

Oh good grief no you are not that old...remember now we are technically younger...40s is the new 30s? that kind of stuff.

No, you're not too old, AngelUK! Follow your heart :flower:

Just as an aside, DEs aren't necessarily mega-expensive. Look at Europe. If you're considering IVF, with or without DE, you'll see it's much cheaper than the UK :thumbup: Plus you get a holiday too!

One thing I would say though is not to delay too long if you decide to go for another baby. I noticed my cycle beginning to change at 45/46. It doesn't mean you're infertile if that happens, but it might make things harder as time goes by.

LLbean - you're so right! 40s really are the new 30s!

Thank you ladies, you are very reassuring :) We are currently getting our flat ready to put on the market and I need to sort that out first but then I will definitely look into it again and see if we could not afford the IVF after all. It all depends on how much our place is worth lol
Also, my SIL had IVF at 47 and got pregnant with her twin boys. But this was in Belgium where they implant more than just the one egg at once. It does give me hope too :)

Delphine how are you feeling? I hope your pregnancy is going smoothly for you?
xxx

Delphine! how are you doing? I can't believe you are 30 weeks! Sheese the time has flown...are you all set? Do you know the gender?

Hi ladies!!!

Yes, the time does seem to have gone fast!

Thank you, AngelUK - the pregnancy has been good so far :thumbup:

I'm feeling fine, but I am starting to feel pretty heavy now, and I do waddle a bit :haha:

How are you, dmama? All going ok? Yes, I know the gender ( I hope!) - the scan showed a boy :blue:

Best wishes to all you ladies xxx

Delphine _ WOW you are almost there!!!!! How is everything?

All is well here...just over 25 weeks... a lot going on personally, but on the whole, so far so good!!!

Hi dmama :flower:

I was wondering how things were with you.

Yes, not long to go now. I am suffering from the discomforts of the third trimester though. Lots of pressure and swelling in places I'd rather not swell :blush: Some days I do feel pretty uncomfortable. If I didn't have that though, I'd feel very good. I haven't had any other problems - touch wood.

25 weeks is great! Viability! I found that once I got to 28 weeks the time went quite quickly :thumbup:

Sending you love and best wishes :hugs:

Lots of luck to any ladies reading this thread. It seems to have gone a bit quiet. I hope everyone's ok.

Hello Ladies,
Have not been here in a long while. I am very excited I do not want to say anything yet but I wanted to tell anyone who is interested in natural conception after 40 to search Susun Weed Fertility after 40. www.susunweed.com
I did not take a bunch of herbs all at once. I started with one then slowly added,etc..I had to look at not just age factors but PCOS. I did a lot of research and found a lot of different herbalist and Chinese medicine experts who really want to see women over 40 reach the goal of natural conception. I learned that you have to look at all your symptoms no matter what they are from age or disease related, etc....Take care ladies and baby dust to everyone.

Intriguing, SaintlySue! Wishing you well :flower:

As for me, dmama, I was more 'almost there' than we thought! I gave birth to my precious son on May 15 <3

Thread in 3rd trimester with details.

All you ladies here - don't give up XXX Good luck to you all :hugs:

I'm 46 now and trying for my third. I conceived 2nd baby at 43 1/2 and delivered at 44. I'm not in as great shape as I was then though, now 30 lbs overweight due to Hashimoto's flare postpartem and not so much time/energy to exercise, I'm going to step up the exercise and try to lose a few LBS and hopefully be one of those miraculous late 40 pregnancy stories... My FSH has doubled since 2013, it's 10.6 now and estradiol a bit down, 25, but not horrible considering my age. See my original BFP post.

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/t...fp-dhea-coq10-vitex-black-cohosh-low-amh.html

Hi Notrusty!

Are they treating you for Hashimotos in any way? Just curious

Yes, I'm on 75 mcg of levothyroxine and my latest TSH was 1.6. When I got BFP (NOT on levo yet, TSH was 2.5 TPO antibodies around 750).

Postpartem my TPO antibodies were in the thousands, haven't had them checked since though. I tried to do gluten free for a while then going to get antibodies tested after a few months but I found it hard to stick to GF, though I may give it another go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->