Anyone Plans to Breast Feed!

babymello

My Pretty Mama
Reaction score
I am. I will give my baby a chance to receive the natural milk from me.

Also, I think it's very good. There will be a great connection between you and the baby even more.

The baby will not get constipated as much as they do when their on formulas. The baby will receive all the nutrients.
It saves time and money etc...

Do your research about it and talk to others who have breast fed.

What are your plans? Are you willing to at least try?

Mellow

I'm planning on breast feeding. I was told that it may be harder though, cause I have HUGE breasts, but one of my resolutions is to keep at it and not give up on it!

PitBull-
My sister has huge breasts and nipples and she had no problems breast feeding. She said if you have a good lactation consultant you shouldn't have any problems.

I'm planning on breast feeding, until at least 6 months, hopefully more like a year.

I'm gonna try. However I know things don't always work as people plan so we'll see.

yeah i will be for sure, i think its the best thing for your baby

I want to try. I have a lot of friends who have had no success with it tho so I'm hoping for the best.

I'm planning on breast feeding. I was told that it may be harder though, cause I have HUGE breasts, but one of my resolutions is to keep at it and not give up on it!

I have big ones too, and successfully breastfed my dd 11 years ago for about 6 months. I hope to go 12-18 for this baby.

This is a great breastfeeding link (mods, this link is video of actual breast feeding mother, so if you need to remove it feel free).

This video is a doctor offering breastfeeding advice to a young new mom. It's called 15 minues of breastfeeding help. This mama has pretty big breasts too, and she successfully feeds her baby with some assistance. By the time the baby is a month or so older it becomes much easier (from my experience).

https://newborns.stanford.edu/Breastfeeding/FifteenMinuteHelper.html

Yes count me in . Breastfed my first 3 and loved the experience, had some ups and few downs but gets easier. I have big boobies anyway so when i am pregnant they get VERY big, never had any problems with them.

i would love to breast feed but i have a condition where when my nipples get warm they invert but i full intend to express like i did with my first it guts me to know that i have to miss out on this wonderfull experiance coz my nipples wont co-operate...lol but as long as my baby gets the milk im happy good luck to all those who are going to try x

I am going to try but I had breast cancer on the right side so I have to find out what happens from there.. They kind of had to cut out some chunks, but i am determind to as well!

Yes! My goal is to breastfeed for at least 2 years.

Same here, at LEAST 2 years.

It's what our breasts are for, it's natural, builds up their immune systems, promotes 'bonding' and, unless there's a serious medical reason, every woman CAN breastfeed - you just need the willpower and support to carry it through.

I'm probably going to get shot down for this, but so many women say that they couldn't breastfeed when in actual fact they just didn't want to.
I wish those women would tell the truth rather than make other women believe that they may have problems breastfeeding.

i want to breastfeed too, but not when my child is too big i think that up to year and a half is fine. ill probably get shot down for this one but i dont really think that a 3 year old needs breast milk, i think toddlers need to learn to be "big kids" already, but obviously everyone makes their own choices

Ill prob only go till about 10 months or so..it really depends on the child

I'm hoping to breastfeed exclusively for about the first six months and then carry on for over a year. I love the fact that it's natural, and the health benefits for both the baby and me are huge. I'm lucky that my mum is a breastfeeding counsellor, so that will be a big help.

Sara, it is true that nearly every woman CAN breastfeed, but I think a lot of those who give up do so because they are given poor advice by their midwives/health visitors/GPs, etc. I studied breastfeeding in one of my modules at university, and knowing some of the biology behind it I feel much more confident that I can succeed. However, some of the advice that health professionals give is complete nonsense, which is a real shame as many mothers stop breastfeeding unnecessarily and are disappointed.

I´m planning on breastfeeding too. Its a natural source of nutrition for my LO and I want to stick with it for at least 6 months.

I want to try and be able to express my milk as well though and stick it in bottles so that my DH can do his fair share as well!!!

Wow it's great to see loads of women keen on breastfeeding, good on you all :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->